Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for linking this one, Otto. I had not seen it in my past searches for articles about the Knox retrial.

Nor had I. It seems to take the perspective of the flip side of the PR campaign. This comment certainly got a smile from me

"Just days after the Turner Broadcasting System CEO claimed that CNN “is a serious news network,” it aired a childish report on “Anderson Cooper 360″ about convicted murderer Amanda Knox, which appears to have been written by Amanda’s parents. Next up: “The Charles Manson story, reported by Squeaky Fromme.”

http://dailycaller.com/2013/04/03/cnn-embarrasses-itself-with-amanda-knox-coverage/#ixzz2iwTse9EC

Nor had I. It seems to take the perspective of the flip side of the PR campaign. This comment certainly got a smile from me

"Just days after the Turner Broadcasting System CEO claimed that CNN “is a serious news network,” it aired a childish report on “Anderson Cooper 360″ about convicted murderer Amanda Knox, which appears to have been written by Amanda’s parents. Next up: “The Charles Manson story, reported by Squeaky Fromme.”

http://dailycaller.com/2013/04/03/cnn-embarrasses-itself-with-amanda-knox-coverage/#ixzz2iwTse9EC
Yes, :) - well I'll admit that even long ago, I felt much of the CNN and Dateline type coverage was very one- sided, simplified, and sanitized.

I've always thought Amanda was present when the crime was committed. The more she speaks or publishes, the more I believe it.

I'd never make a good juror because I FEEL evidence instead of critically analyze. However, Amanda has made critical errors in the retelling in subsequent interviews and publications.

Has Amanda apologized to Patrick?

BBM - but that might be a good thing since there are times when forensics can be used by the defense to mumble-jumble up things; laboring upon find details and getting into lots and lots of minutia in order to obfuscate what's right there staring us in the face - lies, changes of stories, and false accusations the do not bespeak of innocence IMO.

BBM - but that might be a good thing since there are times when forensics can be used by the defense to mumble-jumble up things; laboring upon find details and getting into lots and lots of minutia in order to obfuscate what's right there staring us in the face - lies, changes of stories, and false accusations the do not bespeak of innocence IMO.

I've never seen you come out quite so strongly with the perspective that Knox and Sollecito were probably involved in the murder. That's quite a shift. You mention what I would consider to be bigger picture items such as: false accusations, lies, and obfuscating the facts with DNA nonsense. I can't think of any other case has been reduced to such tangential distractions regarding indisputable facts.

Lies and false accusations usually convince most people that the liar making accusations is guilty. Most people see that when someone is attempting to obfuscate, there is deceit. [modsnip]

who are the "people in high places" you are referring to?

that article? contains numerous errors. ann coulter embarrasses herself :)

I am referring to three retired men: a Seattle court judge and two retired FBI agents that apparently are eager to argue that bloody footprints revealed by luminol should be considered as fruit pulp prints. Additionally, I am referring to three retired men that are interested in Solecito and Knox to the extent that they have declared themselves as the US media contacts for the ongoing trial in Italy for the murder of Meredith Kercher. Come again?

Ann Coulter summarizes the trial in terms of how common sense works, but her perspective is inconsistent with the PR team story. Perhaps the three retired men can make a case at the visitor's center, pretending to hold a congressional hearing, and perhaps they will look like international fools. I guess we'll have to wait until the end of the month to see how they come off and until the first week of November for the forensic results on 36-I.

I am referring to three retired men: a Seattle court judge and two retired FBI agents that apparently are eager to argue that bloody footprints revealed by luminol should be considered as fruit pulp prints. Additionally, I am referring to three retired men that are interested in Solecito and Knox to the extent that they have declared themselves as the US media contacts for the ongoing trial in Italy for the murder of Meredith Kercher. Come again?

Ann Coulter summarizes the trial in terms of how common sense works, but her perspective is inconsistent with the PR team story. Perhaps the three retired men can make a case at the visitor's center, pretending to hold a congressional hearing, and perhaps they will look like international fools. I guess we'll have to wait until the end of the month to see how they come off and until the first week of November for the forensic results on 36-I.
Is Knox herself going to show up to inform Congress? Or anybody actually involved in the case? A family member at least? Maybe these guys were just in need of a hobby? :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7LTzEmnyms
(THE BIRTH OF NO MA'AM - Married with Children)

If there is a guilty verdict, Raff would get credit for time served, right? Amanda does not have any time served for crimes against Meredith, so she'd have to serve the full sentence.

Right?

The defense has every right to be outraged at the lack of discovery that has been tolerated so far in this case. The lack of disclosure of the negative TMB results alone would almost certainly have resulted in a new trial in Illinois, and that isn't even the worst example. I have discussed discovery of DNA forensics with the president of a company that does this sort of work, and he told me that case review often turns up problems, yet almost six years into this case, no electronic data files or other critical information has emerged. If every case involving DNA evidence were forced to play by the rules that the Court of Supreme Cassation thinks are appropriate, false convictions would be almost inevitable, a point I discuss at length elsewhere.

The police released much false information to the press, and the prosecution went through almost as many motives as Elizabeth Taylor had husbands. Their credibility deserves to suffer accordingly. Amanda provided a full retraction to her false statement within about 36 hours, on 7 November in the form of a second handwritten note. PM Mignini quoted the most relevant part back to her in cross examination; therefore, he was aware of it.

Upthread I offered evidence to challenge the claim that a particular combat knife hung above Sollecito's bed. The documentation for such a claim is an anonymous blogger, whereas the photo I produced indicated that the knife was used for an in-court demonstration. [modsnip] .

I am referring to three retired men: a Seattle court judge and two retired FBI agents that apparently are eager to argue that bloody footprints revealed by luminol should be considered as fruit pulp prints.
Maybe Manuela Comodi thinks that she knows more about testing for blood than forensic scientists do, but forensic scientists are quite clear about the need for a true confirmatory test to be performed, and yet no confirmatory tests were performed on the footprints in the hallway. Rusty water (iron), plant matter of any kind (manganese, iron, copper, and probably a trace of cobalt), and soil are but three places where transition metal ions may be found. Gregory Taylor was convicted partially on the basis of a presumptive blood test, but eventually he was released when it was learned that confirmatory tests were negative, yet the results had been hidden. A misunderstanding of the limitiations of presumptive blood testing is a problem in many jurisdictions (I have previously discussed the Lindy Chamberlain case in this regard).

If there is a guilty verdict, Raff would get credit for time served, right? Amanda does not have any time served for crimes against Meredith, so she'd have to serve the full sentence.

Right?
IIRC Amanda's sentence was three years, whereas she served closer to four.

Oh he left shoe prints before going to the bathroom but no shoe prints to the bathroom and then shoe prints again after the bathroom? Confusing.
It may be that you are reading something into what I wrote which is not there. My point is that Guede's bloody handprint and bloody shoe prints indicate that he was in Meredith's room during a period of time which covers from when the attack occurred through the number of minutes it would take for the blood to dry. I did not imply any particular sequence of events. These two pieces of evidence are well beyond what is needed to convict him BARD. It is the differential of this evidence when compared to (for example) luminol-positive footprints which are probably not blood, do not form a trail, and which cannot be individualized that is so striking.

IIRC Amanda's sentence was three years, whereas she served closer to four.

Okay. There's still the pending culunia. Both of them. In the original sentence, amanda got an extra year for something. Transporting the knife maybe?

I still think it stinks Amanda is allowing Raff to take the brunt of the trial.

The victim is Meredith Kercher NOT Amanda Knox. This is about brutal crimes committed against Meredith Kercher.

Okay. There's still the pending culunia. Both of them. In the original sentence, amanda got an extra year for something. Transporting the knife maybe?

I still think it stinks Amanda is allowing Raff to take the brunt of the trial.

The victim is Meredith Kercher NOT Amanda Knox. This is about brutal crimes committed against Meredith Kercher.

Worth reiterating - BBM

It may be that you are reading something into what I wrote which is not there. My point is that Guede's bloody handprint and bloody shoe prints indicate that he was in Meredith's room during a period of time which covers from when the attack occurred through the number of minutes it would take for the blood to dry. I did not imply any particular sequence of events. These two pieces of evidence are well beyond what is needed to convict him BARD. It is the differential of this evidence when compared to (for example) luminol-positive footprints which are probably not blood, do not form a trail, and which cannot be individualized that is so striking.
BBM. You did, otherwise it makes no sense to question why RS and AK did not leave bloody foot/shoe prints in the murder room.

When he gave evidence to the trial in 2009, Dr Francesco Sollecito said his son had never been violent in his life and "wouldn't hurt a fly".

He acknowledged that Raffaele liked carrying and collecting knives – he was carrying one when he was first questioned by police.

He also appeared to have a taste for the macabre –

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...71/Amanda-Knox-Who-is-Raffaele-Sollecito.html

Then I read -
"He writes openly about the night of the murder, but he does not entirely clear up doubt that lingers among some who still believe he and Knox were involved in the crime."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...ollecito-tells-all-in-honor-bound-memoir.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scyna0895