Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't it be an interesting world if we could look at people that committed murder and estimate that it's unlikely that they'll murder again, so hey, it would be an injustice for those murderers to be punished.

Regarding everyone handling things differently, when murderers lie, have no alibi, stage a murder scene, accuse innocent people of murder, make up ludicrous explanation for evidence, and lie some more, they are not actually handling things differently, they are handling things in the exact same way as other murderers.

Otto, I have read many of your posts, and while I respect your passion for, and knowledge of the case, I'm not sure you are entirely objective. For example:

1. Comparing the whole of convicted murderers to AK and RS, is not apples to apples, and making this comparison is bias.

2. I did not say a murderer that would not commit again should be released. I said a) there is significant doubt as to whether or not they are guilty...more than in most murder cases and b) I doubt these 2 in particular would commit murder again...if indeed they did the first time.

3. You stated that AK and RS have "no alibi, stage a murder scene, accuse innocent people of murder, make up ludicrous explanation for evidence"
- not having an alibi does not equal guilt. I have no alibi for Nov 1st, 2007...should I be a suspect?
- it is your opinion that they staged the scene. This is not fact.
- I grant you the accusation of PL. This has always troubled me.
- the only ludicrous explanation for evidence that I am aware of is RS's explanation for MK's DNA on the knife. I completely agree that this sounds crazy. But. In the totality of the evidence and statements in the case, this is small. Not to discount it, as I am also troubled by it.

Otto, I respect your opinion, and recognize that you know more about the case than I do, but you are not helping your position by twisting facts. You're better than that.

Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I followed the first trial and was pro guilt. This redo should be interesting. I don't know what to think now.

when i first started hearing about AK and the murder in the news, i didn't pay much attention. but what i did see (headlines) and overhear (news snippits), caused me to assume guilt. i thought that for years. now that i've been reading the threads here, WHOA -- it changed my mind pretty quickly.

another good --yet very scientific-- blog that discusses the case is below... written by a member of WS. i've included links to posts that discuss pieces of contentious "evidence".

i hope you get a chance to at least peruse it.

http://viewfromwilmington.blogspot.ca/2013/09/the-italian-supreme-courts-dangerously.html
http://viewfromwilmington.blogspot.ca/2013/08/dna-does-fly-and-it-also-transfers.html
http://viewfromwilmington.blogspot.ca/2011/03/analysis-of-bra-clasp-dna.html
http://viewfromwilmington.blogspot.ca/2010/03/luminol-and-some-of-footprint-evidence.html

Blood, no blood footprints
DNA on knife, no DNA on knife

Removing all the forensics...

Knox's appears very guilty. I'd convict her.

Seems like they need a bit more time for the closing arguments than I had expected.

Nov 25 - closing arguments prosecution
Nov 26 - closing arguments civil
Dec 16 - closing arguments Sollectio
Dec 17 - closing arguments Knox
Jan 9 - rebuttals
Jan 10 - deliberation and verdict

Blood, no blood footprints
DNA on knife, no DNA on knife

Removing all the forensics...

Knox's appears very guilty. I'd convict her.

Do you think Sollecito is guilty? What do you base your guilt on for Amanda? Her lies, her demeanour?

Seems like they need a bit more time for the closing arguments than I had expected.

Nov 25 - closing arguments prosecution
Nov 26 - closing arguments civil
Dec 16 - closing arguments Sollectio
Dec 17 - closing arguments Knox
Jan 9 - rebuttals
Jan 10 - deliberation and verdict
Oh, good grief :( thanks for the update

There are updates and tweets from today's Appellate Hearing at :

http://truejustice.org/ee/index.php

:twocents: Well, I have to say this : at least Raf showed up in Court ... whereas Amanda did NOT !

Her absence speaks volumes, IMO ...

It was the usual "spin" from Raf when he spoke to the Court, which I do NOT believe one word of his lies ...

:twocents:

FLORENCE, Italy – New forensic analysis of the knife allegedly used to kill Meredith Kercher found no DNA match to the victim, the new appeal trial of American student Amanda Knox and her former Italian boyfriend heard on Wednesday.

The results of the new test, presented by expert Andrea Berti to an appeal court in Florence, casts doubt on one of the key pieces of evidence that was originally used to convict Knox and Raffaele Sollecito of the killing.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/...ch-to-victim-on-knife-expert-tells-court?lite

There are updates and tweets from today's Appellate Hearing at :

http://truejustice.org/ee/index.php

:twocents: Well, I have to say this : at least Raf showed up in Court ... whereas Amanda did NOT !

Her absence speaks volumes, IMO ...

It was the usual "spin" from Raf when he spoke to the Court, which I do NOT believe one word of his lies ...

:twocents:

I'm not even sure why he felt the need to show up ? He just blabbered that he's italian. So what is he trying to say? Just cuz he's italian he can't be a murderer?

Do you or anyone have links to any of the coverage in italian? I'd love to read what they have to say about the proceedings.

~...Don't know if anyone has posted this yet, I didn't see it, but I apologize if I overlooked it--

~"Amanda Knox's ex-boyfriend and co-defendant in an Italian murder trial told the court today that Knox was his "first true love" and described their brief romance as a "fairy tale."

Raffaele Sollecito spoke emotionally at times during a 20 minutes statement before the appeals court in Florence, denying that he and Knox killed Meredith Kercher and calling the accusations against them "absurd.".....

...Sollecito, now 29, addressed the court today, defending himself and his romance with Knox, who had been vilified in Italy as a "she devil."

"Amanda Knox was the first true love of my life. Even if late in my life, this flower blossomed," he told the court.

"We had a carefree love," Sollecito said and that they "wanted to be isolated in this little fairy tale."

Instead, it turned into a nightmare of prison, litigation and suspicion. He told the court he can't find a job because people think of him as a killer.

"I never went to parties obsessively, never loved liquor, but I may have smoked a couple of joints, but that doesn't change who I am psychologically," he said.

He called Kercher's murder an "atrocious crime," but said the accusations against him and Knox were "absurd."

Pleading with the judge and jury, Sollecito said, "I appeal to you to give an Italian like you the possibility of having a life
."

~Respectfully Snipped From:
http://gma.yahoo.com/amanda-knoxs-c...irst-true-143921020--abc-news-topstories.html

~...Don't know if anyone has posted this yet, I didn't see it, but I apologize if I overlooked it--

~"Amanda Knox's ex-boyfriend and co-defendant in an Italian murder trial told the court today that Knox was his "first true love" and described their brief romance as a "fairy tale."

Raffaele Sollecito spoke emotionally at times during a 20 minutes statement before the appeals court in Florence, denying that he and Knox killed Meredith Kercher and calling the accusations against them "absurd.".....

...Sollecito, now 29, addressed the court today, defending himself and his romance with Knox, who had been vilified in Italy as a "she devil."

"Amanda Knox was the first true love of my life. Even if late in my life, this flower blossomed," he told the court.

"We had a carefree love," Sollecito said and that they "wanted to be isolated in this little fairy tale."

Instead, it turned into a nightmare of prison, litigation and suspicion. He told the court he can't find a job because people think of him as a killer.

"I never went to parties obsessively, never loved liquor, but I may have smoked a couple of joints, but that doesn't change who I am psychologically," he said.

He called Kercher's murder an "atrocious crime," but said the accusations against him and Knox were "absurd."

Pleading with the judge and jury, Sollecito said, "I appeal to you to give an Italian like you the possibility of having a life
."

~Respectfully Snipped From:
http://gma.yahoo.com/amanda-knoxs-c...irst-true-143921020--abc-news-topstories.html

He can't find a job but yet he's travelling all over.

Knox's knife DNA casts doubt on murder weapon

COLLEEN BARRY, AP
23 minutes ago

FLORENCE, Italy (AP) — In the third Italian murder trial of U.S. student Amanda Knox, a court-appointed expert testified Wednesday that the alleged murder weapon shows a new DNA trace that belongs to Knox and not the victim.

That testimony bolsters the defense, which claims the kitchen knife was not the weapon used in the bloody 2007 slaying of Knox's British roommate, 21-year-old Meredith Kercher.

Another piece of DNA on the knife blade initially attributed to Kercher was disputed on appeal.

Expert Andrea Berti testified Wednesday that the minute new DNA trace from the knife's handle showed "considerable affinity" with Knox's DNA, while not matching those of Kercher, Knox's co-defendant Raffaele Sollecito or Rudy Guede, an Ivorian man who has been convicted separately in the brutal slaying...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-world/20131106/EU--Italy-Knox/?cid=hero_media

I'm not even sure why he felt the need to show up ? He just blabbered that he's italian. So what is he trying to say? Just cuz he's italian he can't be a murderer?

Do you or anyone have links to any of the coverage in italian? I'd love to read what they have to say about the proceedings.

:seeya:

:twocents: I think he showed up because his lawyer and father told him to show up, ya know, "make him look good" ...

:twocents: And that "blabbering" that he is Italian -- has absolutely NOTHING to do with the murder of Meredith !

JMO, but I think it was a jab at Knox and Guede because neither of them are Italian ...

:moo:

:seeya: Thanks, otto, for this update !

:twocents: It's going to be very interesting to see what happens now that 1 of the 2 defendants have landed in Florence ...

So ... will Raf stay til the end -- or will Dr. Sollecito [Raf's father] rush him out of there to a country that has no extradition treaty with Italy ?

:waitasec: Now this is serious wishful thinking : but I sure wish Raf would come clean !

:moo:

Knox has said that she "can't afford" to attend her own trial, but I think that it was the wrong decision. Sollecito has not been arrested for attending the trial, and I doubt that Knox would be arrested for doing the same thing. He has been free to travel, and there's no reason why the same wouldn't be true for her. It seems that he can leave the country tomorrow again, if he chooses.

Knox has said that she "can't afford" to attend her own trial, but I think that it was the wrong decision. Sollecito has not been arrested for attending the trial, and I doubt that Knox would be arrested for doing the same thing. He has been free to travel, and there's no reason why the same wouldn't be true for her. It seems that he can leave the country tomorrow again, if he chooses.

Well it appears today's proceeding was a waste of time. Next hearing is on the 25th?? It is costly to fly back and forth plus hotel expenses etc Was her lawyer there? If so that's good enough in my opinion.

That's a very heartfelt statement, one that I think will be considered by the court.

Bah. He's travelling including appearing on talk shows. Hope the court sees right through him. Nice tan Raf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pastureraisedoffroadpoke