Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For you maybe this case is only balancing on DNA evidence. For me there are numerous witnesses included.

The juries in Italy also have to be at a certain education level to sit on a jury. It's funny that in Ryan's case you are ok with a jury convicting on so little. Yet can't see how an jury in Italy could convict AK and RS. There is a list of circumstantial evidence that is backed by witness testimony.

Ryan's case had the alleged co murderer taking a 25 year plea deal with the added bonus of an eyewitness. He described the murder in detail, implicated himself and painted a picture for the jury to believe or disbelieve. I myself would not have convicted on so little but I could see how a jury could convict. They believed the credibility of the eyewitnesses. There was also some motive

Here, outside of the DNA, I don't see what evidence can be used to support a conviction. What witnesses? Rudy?the heroin addict? What evidence supports the conviction once you take away the DNA and the false statement to police?

This phone call bit is just silly. I called my mother plenty of times in the middle of the night and given that it was a different time zone, AK could very well have called her mother that night to talk about RS, her studies, etc. maybe she does not remember exactly when she called.

But to impute her calling her mother or to say that just bc she lied or did not remember the time she called her mother is very thin evidence to even lend any support to a murder charge.

Knox had never called her mother before at that time of day. The fact that she phoned her mother at 4am Seattle time, when her mother was asleep and had to work in the morning, makes the call stand out as unusual. It is even more unusual that the timing of the call is before anything had happened. The discussion that Knox and her mother had is of more interest because Knox claims to have no memory of the call and the mother couldn't explain the complete contents of the discussion.

The reason a specific guy was linked is because Amanda linked him to the crime.

Do we know that the crazy sex story wasn't true? I guess we are supposed to believe the crazy drug story creating no memory...

What evidence is there to support the crazy sex story? Was AK's DNA anywhere on the body? Did AK wrote in her diary she had sexual fantasies of her roommate? Did she tell anyone that? Was their any evidence she engaged in orgies in the past? Did anyone testify to seeing the orgy or hearing RS brag about it?

What then is the evidence of the orgy?

Do people actually believe Rudy is innocent? I could see how people could misread the lack of evidence and try to twist it to make a cirumstantial case against Amanda... But to imply that Rudy is innocent in this mess is another thing..

People may be too old to remember but think of yourself at 20. Would you be making the same decisions as you do now? Probably not, for most people, especially the youth of today who are just plain immature.

I shouldn't speak for otto but it seems obvious to me that the point is people try to explain away all of Amanda's issues by painting her as a young innocent. I don't see where otto says Guede is innocent.

The bolded part is the point. People try to use AK's age to explain away why she did the things she did when they don't acknowledge she's the same age as Guede who most definitely is guilty. Being 20 doesn't mean Amanda was not involved.

Do people actually believe Rudy is innocent? I could see how people could misread the lack of evidence and try to twist it to make a cirumstantial case against Amanda... But to imply that Rudy is innocent in this mess is another thing..

People may be too old to remember but think of yourself at 20. Would you be making the same decisions as you do now? Probably not, for most people, especially the youth of today who are just plain immature.

How could anyone believe that little boy Guede is innocent? He confessed to participating in the murder.

Perhaps you should read about little boy Austin Sigg (Jessica Ridgeway). At the age of 17, he committed a brutal murder. He confessed. The youth of US today are not too immature to commit murder.

Knox had never called her mother before at that time of day. The fact that she phoned her mother at 4am Seattle time, when her mother was asleep and had to work in the morning, makes the call stand out as unusual. It is even more unusual that the timing of the call is before anything had happened. The discussion that Knox and her mother had is of more interest because Knox claims to have no memory of the call and the mother couldn't explain the complete contents of the discussion.

There could be many reasons why she called her mother. AK was a little quirky it seems, she could have forgot the time, maybe she just missed home and wanted to talk to her mother. To ascribe a phone call to her mother - which she could have just forgot- as evidence that she told her mother about the murder is a bit much

Why then didn't she flee? She could have been in Switzerland in hours... Just like Rudy went to Germany.

I am still trying to grasp that we have been talking about this 12:47 phone call since the morning. LOL!

Rudy's evidence is on the body and near the scene in the room. Quite simply, AK and RS are nowhere near the murder room according to the evidence,

It is no use quarreling with the amanda <modsnip>. They just believe amanda is guilty and will view the evidence (rather lack of evidence ) in whatever way accomplishes that aim.

First I don't consider myself a hater because I think she's guilty.

What are your thoughts about Amanda's lamp(her only source for light in her room) being found behind Meredith's door on the floor at the end of her bed?

What evidence is there to support the crazy sex story? Was AK's DNA anywhere on the body? Did AK wrote in her diary she had sexual fantasies of her roommate? Did she tell anyone that? Was their any evidence she engaged in orgies in the past? Did anyone testify to seeing the orgy or hearing RS brag about it?

What then is the evidence of the orgy?

You do realize that Meredith Kercher's clothing had been disturbed, meaning that she was sexually assaulted. That would be the origin of the prosecution theory that the murderer had a sexual motive.

I shouldn't speak for otto but it seems obvious to me that the point is people try to explain away all of Amanda's issues by painting her as a young innocent. I don't see where otto says Guede is innocent.

The bolded part is the point. People try to use AK's age to explain away why she did the things she did when they don't acknowledge she's the same age as Guede who most definitely is guilty. Being 20 doesn't mean Amanda was not involved.

Of course being 20 does not mean AK was not involved. And I know what Sigg did - that was sick. You are misreading my point, I am using her age not to excuse her of murder but to explain her goofy actions. I could see a 20 year old behaving like that, especially a stoned 20 year old far away from her family in a foreign country.

What evidence is there to support the conviction? All I hear from the Amanda <modsnip> are vague references to witnesses, or trying to stretch innocent acts like a phone conversation into evidence of guilt for murder. What was the motive and what evidence supports it? No one answers that question.

How could anyone believe that little boy Guede is innocent? He confessed to participating in the murder.

Perhaps you should read about little boy Austin Sigg (Jessica Ridgeway). At the age of 17, he committed a brutal murder. He confessed. The youth of US today are not too immature to commit murder.

Rudy never confessed to doing the murder, he pinned it all on Amanda and RS. He claimed he was just in the bathroom. He never pleaded guilty nor did he give details of the crime

Again, what evidence outside of the bad DNA and the false statement ties AK to the murders? How do you explain why RUdy DNA is all over the place and none of the others? Do you think AK just sat there and watched or do you actually believe she stabbed her without getting any DNA on her or the body? What witnesses support the conviction and what was the motive?

:floorlaugh:
You do realize that Meredith Kercher's clothing had been disturbed, meaning that she was sexually assaulted. That would be the origin of the prosecution theory that the murderer had a sexual motive.

Yeah, Rudy did, his DNA is in her, what evidence is there of an orgy or that AK or RS were involved in this sex game?

Rudy claims he and Meredith were going to get together that night so if you believe him(why anyone would I don't know) it was not even a rape,

Rudy never confessed to doing the murder, he pinned it all on Amanda and RS. He claimed he was just in the bathroom. He never pleaded guilty nor did he give details of the crime

Again, what evidence outside of the bad DNA and the false statement ties AK to the murders? How do you explain why RUdy DNA is all over the place and none of the others? Do you think AK just sat there and watched or do you actually believe she stabbed her without getting any DNA on her or the body? What witnesses support the conviction and what was the motive?

Little Guede definitely confessed to being at the murder scene at the time of the crime. That was enough for him to earn a 25 year prison sentence.

Regarding the evidence, it took nine months for all the evidence to be presented in the courtroom in Perugia. Surely you aren't expecting anyone to summarize that evidence here. A quick search on google will bring up the trial transcripts, which contain a detailed explanation of the evidence. Additionally, the Massie Report, which I linked upthread, details the evidence and the reasoned conclusions.

Of course being 20 does not mean AK was not involved. And I know what Sigg did - that was sick. You are misreading my point, I am using her age not to excuse her of murder but to explain her goofy actions. I could see a 20 year old behaving like that, especially a stoned 20 year old far away from her family in a foreign country.

What evidence is there to support the conviction? All I hear from the Amanda <modsnip> are vague references to witnesses, or trying to stretch innocent acts like a phone conversation into evidence of guilt for murder. What was the motive and what evidence supports it? No one answers that question.

We have all gone over the evidence repeatedly. All the response from people who think she's innocent is:

excuses for her actions
police are corrupt
prosecutors are corrupt
No one knows how to collect evidence(unless its against RG)
Judges are all wrong(except Hellmann)
Witnesses are lying or waited too long to come forward
The break in is real
AK and RS haven't lied

First I don't consider myself a hater because I think she's guilty.

What are your thoughts about Amanda's lamp(her only source for light in her room) being found behind Meredith's door on the floor at the end of her bed?

There could be various reasons for that, maybe Meredith borrowed it knowing AK was not home that night. Indeed, how is that even relevant? Do people believe that amanda brought a light into the room and that somehow proves she murdered Meredith? The girls were roommates, of course it may be the case they borrowed each others stuff on occasion.

What evidence is there to support the conviction? All I hear from the Amanda <modsnip>are vague references to witnesses, or trying to stretch innocent acts like a phone conversation into evidence of guilt for murder. What was the motive and what evidence supports it? No one answers that question.
<modsnip>

Using her age to explain lying to the police and fingering an innocent person are not just goofy actions IMO. She was stoned and in a foreign country by choice. She was away from her family by choice.

Yeah, Rudy did, his DNA is in her, what evidence is there of an orgy or that AK or RS were involved in this sex game?

Rudy claims he and Meredith were going to get together that night so if you believe him(why anyone would I don't know) it was not even a rape,

What would be the best term, or phrase, to describe a murder where three criminals are present, the victim is sexually assaulted, she has 43 injuries (including non-fatal kinfe nicks along her neck/upper chest area) and there are virtually no defensive wounds?

Little Guede definitely confessed to being at the murder scene at the time of the crime. That was enough for him to earn a 25 year prison sentence.

Regarding the evidence, it took nine months for all the evidence to be presented in the courtroom in Perugia. Surely you aren't expecting anyone to summarize that evidence here. A quick search on google will bring up the trial transcripts, which contain a detailed explanation of the evidence. Additionally, the Massie Report, which I linked upthread, details the evidence and the reasoned conclusions.

Yeah the people who believe in her guilt never will concisely state the evidence and the specific witnesses that support the conviction. Nor do they ever ascribe a motive, except either the sex game thing or the bathroom thing, neither of which have any evidence to support it and the latter is just a ridiculous excuse for a murder,

Rudy confessed to being at the murder scene, that is hardly the same as confessing to the murder, indeed, he said the direct opposite and no one rightly believed him,

Why people are not outraged at Rudy's light sentence is beyond me.

Again with the double standards. Why should any one believe Amanda? She lied throughout the whole thing.

Thread closed to give the mods time to clean up all the name calling. Next time we'll be issuing time outs instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95