Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure what you are trying to say here. The blood on the faucet has only Amanda's DNA. One can find a photo of Amanda's pillow which also has a small stain, consistent with a bleeding ear. BTW, one has to look at the photo of the faucet carefully to distinguish what is actually blood from the reflection of the brown ceiling. This biological matter may be unrelated to any other in the bathroom.

The mixed DNA from the shared bathroom comes from the bidet, among other places. Even Colonel Garofano was unimpressed with the sampling technique used (they sampled all the way down to the drain plug--for Pete's sake). If you introduce blood onto biological matter that is deposited into sinks, bidets, or bathtubs, you will produce mixed DNA. If Guede had cleaned up in Laura and Filomena's bathroom, it is very likely that one would observed mixed samples from Meredith and one or both of them (of course the police would have to take their reference profiles first).

That's a good one! I've read a lot of interesting interpretations of the evidence, but I've never before read that the blood on the faucet is not actually blood, but is instead the reflection of the ceiling.

The case you link is nothing like this case.

Adams decided the Crown had not proved that the stain was blood

"It must be recalled that this was the matrimonial home of the deceased and the applicant when they were living together so it would not be unusual to find the DNA of both in the house," the judge wrote.

first bold: there is a discrepancy about the footprints being caused by blood

second bold: the mixed dna samples... both AK and MK lived in the house

pretty similar if you ask me.

My question is, then why wouldn't Amanda just have rinsed the blood off of the faucet handle when they were "cleaning up."

wouldn't a clean up also include throwing away the stained bathmat if RS had been the one to make the bloody footprint? wouldn't a clean up leave luminol swirls from wiping up blood from the hallway (or any other location)? no evidence of such was seen. the luminol however did illuminate shoes and grouting in the floor -- odd.

it is clear there was no clean up.

(if you look at the evidence collection video, you can barely see the blood. i'm not sure why the photo posted earlier looks like that... at first glance i thought it contained a reflection of the photographer that somehow made the blood look more colorful/visible).

Filomenas testimony has been uploaded to Amanda's site www.amandaknox.com See attached google translation of it below.

Quick Summary:

She said Amanda & Meredith were friends who shared many interests in common.

She told Maresca that Amanda was a normal girl with lots of interests.

When the keystone cops took her and Laura to the cottage after the murder to see if any knives were missing, no one wore booties or gloves when they entered and walked around. They were just told not to touch anything.

The cops wrecked Filomenas laptop as well and she had to get it repaired.

At the police station on Nov 2, she observed Amanda & Raffaele staying close to each other but no mention of any strange behaviour. She didn't see Amanda crying but teary eyed at one point.

Raffaele gave Laura his jacket at the police station.

She admitted that it never crossed her mind either when arriving at the cottage that something terrible had happened.

Filomena said they used bleach at the cottage to clean with and she found the receipts for the bleach she bought.

Filomena tried to call Meredith as well on Nov 2 but the phone was off/out of range. (explains that 2 second call Amanda made to Meredith trying to find her)

Attachments

• Filomena et al Google trans.pdf
    420.2 KB · Views: 14
That's a good one! I've read a lot of interesting interpretations of the evidence, but I've never before read that the blood on the faucet is not actually blood, but is instead the reflection of the ceiling.

I've read alot of interesting interpretations of other people's posts before, but never one as interesting as this. Chris Halkides actually said this...

The blood on the faucet has only Amanda's DNA. One can find a photo of Amanda's pillow which also has a small stain, consistent with a bleeding ear. BTW, one has to look at the photo of the faucet carefully to distinguish what is actually blood from the reflection of the brown ceiling. This biological matter may be unrelated to any other in the bathroom.

And otto, you interpret that as meaning that the blood on the faucet was not actually blood?

:facepalm:

That is not what I said. There is blood, but only one or two drops IIUC. It blends into the brown ceiling reflection. A poster whom I believe was named "Fine" had a good discussion of this with photos back at JREFF a long time ago. Worth searching for if one is interested.

Which evidence proves conclusively that Guede was involved in the murder, and did not come into the murder room right after the murder as he claimed?
If by conclusively you mean beyond all doubt, then maybe nothing. If you mean beyond a reasonable doubt, then the hand print. Sedley Alley killed a marine named Suzanne Collins. John Douglas wrote (pp. 98-99) of Alley's version of events, "There are three true statements in this account...Everything else is blatant and self serving fabrication." I feel much the same way about Guede's many stories.

I've read alot of interesting interpretations of other people's posts before, but never one as interesting as this. Chris Halkides actually said this...

And otto, you interpret that as meaning that the blood on the faucet was not actually blood?

:facepalm:

I believe that you are mistaken. I have never questioned the blood evidence on the bathroom faucet at the scene of the crime in Perugia where Meredith Kercher was murdered.

To hear today that the blood on the faucet should now be interpreted as a reflection of the ceiling ... I've never seen anything as bizarre as this, given the diversity in bizarre explanations for evidence at the crime scene. There is no question as to how the blood on the faucet should be interpreted. It doesn't belong there and anyone that sees it should not need to wonder whether they caused blood on the faucet and bathmat at the same time. To have dripped blood in both locations would required some degree of bleeding, from two or three sources such as pierced ears, nose bleed, menstrual? What else would explain the blood on the faucet and the bathmat?

If by conclusively you mean beyond all doubt, then maybe nothing. If you mean beyond a reasonable doubt, then the hand print. Sedley Alley killed a marine named Suzanne Collins. John Douglas wrote (pp. 98-99) of Alley's version of events, "There are three true statements in this account...Everything else is blatant and self serving fabrication." I feel much the same way about Guede's many stories.
All blood traces by Guede could have been left after the murder. I find the DNA traces of Guede on Meredith's clothes before he had blood on his hands more incriminating, together with witness accounts that a date with Meredith was unlikely, his contradictions in his stories, and his behavior after the murder. In other words, all evidence taken together. Same goes for the other two.

The pillow is interesting there it not only shows Guede's hand print, it also shows bloody shoe prints. So this indicates the pillow was placed after Meredith was killed. Several of the shoe prints were only half on the pillow, so the other half must be on the floor but they are nowhere to be found. So either you believe that Guede is some kind of necrophiliac and wiped a few of his shoe prints, or the pillow was part of the staging/cleaning done by Knox/Sollecito.

I believe that you are mistaken. I have never questioned the blood evidence on the bathroom faucet at the scene of the crime in Perugia where Meredith Kercher was murdered.

To hear today that the blood on the faucet should now be interpreted as a reflection of the ceiling ... I've never seen anything as bizarre as this, given the diversity in bizarre explanations for evidence at the crime scene. There is no question as to how the blood on the faucet should be interpreted. It doesn't belong there and anyone that sees it should not need to wonder whether they caused blood on the faucet and bathmat at the same time. To have dripped blood in both locations would required some degree of bleeding, from two or three sources such as pierced ears, nose bleed, menstrual? What else would explain the blood on the faucet and the bathmat?

So you are still sticking to your <modsnip> interpretation of Chris Halkides' post then? You want us to believe that he said there was no blood on the faucet and it was merely a reflection off the ceiling?

Here is his actual post...

The blood on the faucet has only Amanda's DNA. One can find a photo of Amanda's pillow which also has a small stain, consistent with a bleeding ear. BTW, one has to look at the photo of the faucet carefully to distinguish what is actually blood from the reflection of the brown ceiling. This biological matter may be unrelated to any other in the bathroom.

All blood traces by Guede could have been left after the murder. I find the DNA traces of Guede on Meredith's clothes before he had blood on his hands more incriminating, together with witness accounts that a date with Meredith was unlikely, his contradictions in his stories, and his behavior after the murder. In other words, all evidence taken together. Same goes for the other two.

The pillow is interesting there it not only shows Guede's hand print, it also shows bloody shoe prints. So this indicates the pillow was placed after Meredith was killed. Several of the shoe prints were only half on the pillow, so the other half must be on the floor but they are nowhere to be found. So either you believe that Guede is some kind of necrophiliac and wiped a few of his shoe prints, or the pillow was part of the staging/cleaning done by Knox/Sollecito.

Yes I do believe Guede was a necrophiliac and sadist.

rudyhermannguedemug3.jpg

rudyhermannguedemug3.jpg

It's possible that only part of the shoe actually had blood on it. Personally I think there was some necrophilia going on, hence the DNA found inside Meredith.

The police should have tested the putative semen stain for whether or not it was actually semen and whether or not it had DNA. That would have shown Guede to have been even more of a liar than he already has been shown to be.

Me too. He is also a rapist and a murderer who got off with far too light a sentence.

I believe he will be eligible for day parole from 2016 onwards. So that's nice for any Italian reading - a rapist and murderer will be walking your streets in the not too distant future.

ETA: and btw, as someone who has to share a continent with Italy, I can't say I'm too impressed with that. Italy's justice system sucks.

The police should have tested the putative semen stain for whether or not it was actually semen and whether or not it had DNA. That would have shown Guede to have been even more of a liar than he already has been shown to be.

Chris did you seen this? Best selling crime author Patricia Cornwell labeled the killer a sexual predator.

[video=youtube;nIhy4IJyyEA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIhy4IJyyEA&feature=player_embedded[/video]

To hear today that the blood on the faucet should now be interpreted as a reflection of the ceiling...
Link to two photos here. In one of them you can see reflections of two people standing in the bathroom as well as reflections from the ceiling. In the other photo the figures are less distinct. Yes there is blood on the tap, but it is in three small blotches that sort of blend into the brown color of the reflection of the ceiling.

Yes, and I expect now we will be told that you posted about two small people walking away from a brown tap, or whatever.

Meanwhile, those of us who live in Europe have to tolerate the crappy consequences of their justice system. Rudy Guede - who is a rapist and a murderer - will be out in less than two years. Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito will be hounded for the rest of their lives by their <modsnip>.

I know which of these three people I feel most threatened by.

Yes, and I expect now we will be told that you posted about two small people walking away from a brown tap, or whatever.

Meanwhile, those of us who live in Europe have to tolerate the crappy consequences of their justice system. Rudy Guede - who is a rapist and a murderer - will be out in less than two years. Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito will be hounded for the rest of their lives by their <modsnip>.

I know which of these three people I feel most threatened by.

Believe it or not Guede is eligible for parole next May after only 7 years for rape and murder. Most of the AK <modsnip> see him as just a innocent witness, victim & patsy.

Link to two photos here. In one of them you can see reflections of two people standing in the bathroom as well as reflections from the ceiling. In the other photo the figures are less distinct. Yes there is blood on the tap, but it is in three small blotches that sort of blend into the brown color of the reflection of the ceiling.

Thank for the link. I've never seen all of those before. Very interesting.

Makes me realise all the protestations about Filomena being so tidy are just wrong. I mean, her room was obviously trashed, but looking at the worktops etc it seems like she was probably reasonably messy. Not judging - I am too!

Are those onions on her bed? Lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members