Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So this would dispel the idea that the unexplained scratch on Knox's neck was from Meredith. (each time I discover a solid proof/pointer of guilt, it vanishes, it would seem)

But what if it was not a scratch, and instead a wound? Or what if it was a scratch from RS or RG?

I don't know, I agree it doesn't match up with the fact that no Amanda DNA was found under Meredith's fingernails, but the very presence of that wound/scratch is highly suspicious, MOO.

I just read Follain and I am ready to spit. Why didn't someone inform Galati that the forensic pathologist told Knox and Sollecito details of the crime? How could he be in the dark about this 6 years later? And what was wrong with Luca to blab this way????

It wasn't the pathologist Luca Lalli who told them, it was Filomena's boyfriend, L A.

The CCTV only activates when a car leaves the parking.

Not true. The video I posted proves that. You can see Guede walking but there's no car leaving the carpark, just Kokomani's car parked outside the cottage.

Natalie Hayward, friend of Meredith in Perugia:

"In addition, she said tensions between the two women, who shared a flat, had been building up for weeks.

Miss Kercher was "frustrated" with the University of Washington student's refusal to do her share of the cleaning, and felt uncomfortable that Knox kept a vibrator in a transparent wash bag in their shared bathroom. Relations were not improved by Knox's insistence on strumming her guitar all the time, Miss Hayward added.

The two British women first met Knox when she took a room in early October in the hillside cottage where Miss Kercher lived. They helped her settle in, then all three went for lunch together.

"She was clearly a powerful person," said Miss Hayward. "She talked about herself a lot. She talked about her friends as though they couldn't live without her. She was very different to Meredith. She was used to being the centre of attention."

In the hours after the body was found, Knox and a group of Miss Kercher's British friends were called to a local police station for questioning.

"She was acting very differently to everyone else," Miss Hayward said. "We felt shell-shocked, half dead. She seemed a bit too OK. It wasn't normal. That in itself doesn't mean she's the culprit, but when you put it with everything else..."

Miss Hayward and the other British girls were suspicious that Knox seemed to have knowledge of the crime scene, despite police saying she had not seen inside the bedroom, where Miss Kercher lay in a pool of blood with her throat cut. The horrific scene was only revealed when police directed that the door be kicked in.

Miss Hayward said: "I remember her talking to her stepfather on the phone and saying that she had found the body and it was in the cupboard and it was in a blanket. It was odd because she hadn't been in the room. We were so traumatised we didn't take it in at the time."

Miss Hayward, deeply upset and trying to comfort her grief-stricken friends, said she hoped that her friend had not suffered too much. Knox allegedly replied: "What do you think? She *advertiser censored***** bled to death."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...chers-friend-Perugia-can-be-a-dark-place.html

How bout using transcripts and then people can see that what the media reported isn't what they really said in the courtroom?

Ok, so yes the "wound/scratch/hickey," or whatever it is, is not by itself very convincing. I see that from Redheaded's link. However, so I'm gonna add that to the long list of coincidences in this case - Amanda got a "hickey" on the same night as when Meredith was murdered. And, now I haven't read this anywhere so it is not fact, but I'm presuming that the roomates hadn't noticed hickeys on her neck or body very frequently, if at all, before then, or else I'm sure they would have mentioned it to the prosecutors. Instead, Laura seemed convinced that it was from the murder of Meredith. If she had seen them frequently, it would not be a big deal to her, she would be used to them and not connect it to the murder or be suspicious. MOO.

Not true. The video I posted proves that. You can see Guede walking but there's no car leaving the carpark, just Kokomani's car parked outside the cottage.
I don't see Guede and I don't see Kokomani's car. Ok, more specifically the CCTV is activated by motion sensors that detect any movement in and out the car park. The CCTV will continue to record for about 30 seconds. See testimony Mauro Barbadonri. He specifically says the CCTV is not activated by people walking on the street.
http://themurderofmeredithkercher.com/Mauro_Barbadonri's_Testimony

The testimony of Purton and Hayward reveals more. Knox told them she saw the broken window before going back to her bf apartment.

Purton about talking to Knox at the police station after discovery of Meredith's body: "She said that after seeing the stool in the bathroom she noticed the glass in the room of Filomena . At that point she is worried and went back to Raphael."

Hayward about the same: "Yes, she went in the other bathroom, and said that there was some poop in the bathroom and thought it was strange. Then she went into another room and the window had been broken with the glass inside."

http://www.amandaknox.com/the-meredith-kercher-murder/ (testimony 13 Feb 2009)

Did they admit it did not match the wounds? (not being snarky; really don't know this info. )

I think it is pretty much conceded by the prosecution that the knife does not match the wounds nor does it match the bloody print of the knife on the bed. Their solution? Well, there must have been a second knife, a knife that just went missing. The blade of the DNA knife is too big and too long to have inflicted the wounds.

Notably, the print of the bloody knife would be the correct size to inflict the wounds. That missing second knife is the sole murder weapon IMO and was probably thrown out by RG.

So all you have is a knife that does not match the wounds and that does not even have any blood DNA in it. Experts testified it would be impossible to clean that knife and still leave the low copy DNA they did find.

Just as a matter of common sense, how could you stab someone so many times and yet there be no blood evidence on that knife?

And if that was not enough, the MK DNA was found using a method discredited by the scientific community as it often leaves false positives,

The prosecution needed the second sample that they recently tested to match to at least make out some case (though still a weak one). the Supreme Court said that the results of that test would be decisive. It came back w only AK DNA

Quite simply the knife from the drawer was not the murder weapon. Has anyone ever heard of a case in a stabbing where the knife wounds do not match? And there is no blood DNA on the knife?

The expert reports said there were over 50 violations of protocols in the DNA testing. 50. Not one, not two, over 50. One can still think AK is guilty but I don't see how you get there using the DNA evidence because that is just going to get thrown out eventually. If they want to bulletproof this verdict on appeal, they need to just forget about the DNA and make a circumstantial case.

But they cannot do that bc all they have is some possible inconsistencies in statements, an inadmissible police statement that the supreme court said was wrong, some footprints in a house that the defendant lived in and some strange behavior evidence.

IMO the prosecution needs the DNA to back up their no motive circumstantial case. This is not about proving her innocence, it is about imagining no reasonable scenario other than murder.

Oh whoa! I think he's dating a vampire!
I think that's the idea...Rs's manga comics, Rudy's, I want to suck your blood, youtube video, Ak's “love bite” -this is sort of where the prosecution was going with the violent, neck biting orgy. eta: her neck was cut in several places, I think the prosecution said Amanda was taunting her with the knife.

here's is another example that looks like amanda's

hickey-19811.jpg

Ok, so yes the "wound/scratch/hickey," or whatever it is, is not by itself very convincing. I see that from Redheaded's link. However, so I'm gonna add that to the long list of coincidences in this case - Amanda got a "hickey" on the same night as when Meredith was murdered. And, now I haven't read this anywhere so it is not fact, but I'm presuming that the roomates hadn't noticed hickeys on her neck or body very frequently, if at all, before then, or else I'm sure they would have mentioned it to the prosecutors. Instead, Laura seemed convinced that it was from the murder of Meredith. If she had seen them frequently, it would not be a big deal to her, she would be used to them and not connect it to the murder or be suspicious. MOO.

as this isn't taken directly from court transcripts i can't be sure of accuracy, but it sounds like a hickey wasn't something laura would normally pay attention to:

"Amanda had a wound to her neck and I noticed it because it was known that Meredith had been killed by a wound to her neck," said Mezzetti.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2009/02/14/witness-us-student-amanda-knox-had-scratch-on-her-neck/

i find this odd. in the various pics of her, it appears she kept her nails on the longer side:

http://2.citynews-today.stgy.it/~media/originale/21822447732725/meredith-kercher-2.jpg

pic 20: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pic...e-murdered-British-student.html?frame=2206666

were her nails clipped during the autopsy? (a usual protocol after a murder)
Me too, but I have not read any information that her nails were clipped during autopsy. That wouldn't be necessary if they were already very short. Maybe the killers clipped her nails. Who knows.

People may be interested to read about the Juliana Redding case which was in 48 hours tonight. The defense case sounded utterly preposterous but the defendant got off

The defendant allegedly left DNA all over the crime scene. But defense argued that the real killer grabbed a rag that had the defendant's DNA and then spread it all over the crime scene. The defendant and victim did not know each other, yet somehow the killer got a rag with the defendant's DNA and then wiped it and that explains multiple pieces of DNA all over the crime scene - body, clothes, blood evidence in a fingerprint, etc. DNA was all over, and secondary transfer explains ALL of if, the defense said

And the defense was acquitted!

It sounds utterly preposterous. But the defense raises reasonable doubt to explain all of that DNA - and they succeeded. I personally would have found the D guilty but it just goes to show how reasonable doubt operates in a much much stronger DNA case than this one! In that are the jury certainly went overboard bc one cannot believe that much DNA could be transferred. But here the DNA evidence is so thin, it is not a stretch to say it is problems.

:rumor:

Michele Giuttari and Giuliano Mignini will go on trial again in Turin Jan 15 for abuse of office and other offences.

:party:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member