Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
*Snipped*. It is a whole lot more likely then the coroner clipping the nails without informing the DNA expert. The coroner reports everything he does. There is no evidence that he clipped the nails and threw the clippings away. It doesn't work like that. It just shows how easily everyone involved in this case is attacked. I think probably Meredith cut her own nails. Of course, there is no proof of anyone else cutting Meredith's nails that night, but there is plenty of proof of a cleaning and staging taking place. If I think of that and the picture of the scratch on Knox's neck then it wouldn't surprise me at all that she decided to cut the nails. That is JMO.

When you put it like that, it makes sense.

Thank you. yes, I did see, and this is what I had thought would be the case. Could not find anything about dna with fingernail scratches when I googled. Thanks again.

You're welcome, I think there must be a reason, given the crime scene, that someone else's dna was not discovered under her nails, but I haven't studied this case and all the evidence to be able to hazard a guess on why only hers is under her nails.

Of course, look at the Alexander/Arias crime scene, no dna was found in his nail clippings either and we know she bled from at least one cut on her hand and there was much physcial contact between the two.

I don't believe this has to be the case. She would have had to have been scratched or something to where her skin cells would have fallen. If someone is just pushing onto something, how would their DNA fall on it?? It makes more sense that there would be DNA there if while she was holding her, she was scratched so that skin cells fell, or cut to where her blood would have dripped there. I don't think it's true that if you just hold someone, your DNA would necessarily have to be on that person.

Apparently, based on the claim that there is no Knox DNA in Meredith's bedroom, we have to believe that Knox did not leave a single trace of her DNA on her bedroom lamp - which was the only source of light in her bedroom. She should have touched the lamp on a daily basis for six weeks, yet no DNA.

I agree that there is no reason to assume that struggling with someone means DNA will be transferred, collected and identified. Furthermore, we have that familiar argument that Knox lived there, so of course her DNA could be here, there, and everywhere.

The DNA evidence presented in court cannot be explained as a result of Knox living at the crime scene. The evidence that we know of is mixed results including Knox's DNA and Meredith's blood in various locations - not Meredith's bedroom.

True. I just wondered about the victim's frame of mind (attempting to rise in a room where 3 others who just attacked you are present) but I suppose in such a horrific situation, poor MK's actions were automatic. Maybe going for cell phone to call 112 if others were out of the room (and had taken the phones for this reason mayhap).

Are you basing that on what Rudy said (maybe it was Meredith getting up)? Because anything Rudy says about the details of the murder and how it occured are, IMO, not belieavable due to his wanting to change all the circumstances of the murder to make himself appear innocent. (As discussed on here many times).

Maybe that swiping occured when they were trying to move her body, whoever "they" were. It appears the blood was fresh, as you can see dark round spots on the bottom where the blood seems to have dripped down and then congealed (I think that's the word?). So IMO it was shortly after she was murdered. I just really don't know and can't interpret blood patterns, as I am no expert in the matter. I think only a blood pattern expert would be able to go to put those pieces together upon going to the scene and examining everything.

Yes, but Meredith's hair was dark! And why would Meredith have her own hair in her hand? She was obviously grabbing onto someone's hair for that hair to be in her hand.

I agree that they would have tried to explain it away, but IMO that is something that could not have been explained away. Maybe the hard-liners would not believe it, but any reasonable person would conclude that it was the murderer's hair, if they had only found out whose it was.

If the hair had been identified as belonging to Knox, we would all know exactly how many hairs someone sheds in a day.

Just a question so I can lay the "unexplained scratch" to rest in my mind: If you scratch someone with your fingernail and your nail is short, does it still of necessity get DNA beneath? Just wanted to cross this one off the list....

I believe, IMO, scratching would get their DNA under your fingertips, because you would be "scratching" some of their skin cells off, by necessity. IMO.

Yes, it seems a very strange twist of fate that it was lost. As it is clearly in the picture, you would think the next step would be to lift it with a tweezer, put it in a sterile bag or container, and test it. Very odd that it was lost.

Very.

You're welcome, I think there must be a reason, given the crime scene, that someone else's dna was not discovered under her nails, but I haven't studied this case and all the evidence to be able to hazard a guess on why only hers is under her nails.

Of course, look at the Alexander/Arias crime scene, no dna was found in his nail clippings either and we know she bled from at least one cut on her hand and there was much physcial contact between the two.

Geevee, glad you're joining us on this thread!! :):)

Are you basing that on what Rudy said (maybe it was Meredith getting up)? Because anything Rudy says about the details of the murder and how it occured are, IMO, not belieavable due to his wanting to change all the circumstances of the murder to make himself appear innocent. (As discussed on here many times).

Maybe that swiping occured when they were trying to move her body, whoever "they" were. It appears the blood was fresh, as you can see dark round spots on the bottom where the blood seems to have dripped down and then congealed (I think that's the word?). So IMO it was shortly after she was murdered. I just really don't know and can't interpret blood patterns, as I am no expert in the matter. I think only a blood pattern expert would be able to go to put those pieces together upon going to the scene and examining everything.
No, I meant in the picture, it looks as though MK grasped the side of the wardrobe with her left hand, attempting to pull herself up [Hendry]--and wondered if she would do that while multiple assailants were afoot.

Meredith was attacked with her bra exposed. Blood was on the bra, and not on her skin, in the area where she was protected by the bra. She was found not wearing her bra, and there was no blood on her skin in the area where the bra was.

There is blood pooling evidence to support that she was moved. There is a lot of blood near the closet and on one of her shoulders, but the position in which she was found apparently did not support the blood pooling near the closet nor on her shoulder.
Thanks - just trying to cover all the literature. So when Fisher says that Mignini "got away with lying to the court", and that the pictures "clearly show blood droplets on her bare breasts" [indicating the bra was off before she died] he is wrong or lying?

No, I meant in the picture, it looks as though MK grasped the side of the wardrobe with her left hand, attempting to pull herself up [Hendry]--and wondered if she would do that while multiple assailants were afoot.

I don't think it looks like she was grabbing it with her hand at all. That would have left clear finger-sized blood swipes, IMO. MOO. Those swipes don't represent (as in look like) fingers or hand at all.

If the hair had been identified as belonging to Knox, we would all know exactly how many hairs someone sheds in a day.

Considering they took pictures with a strand of hair sticking to her hand, to show the hair strand, I find it incomprehensible that the hair was lost before it was processed.

Considering they took pictures with a strand of hair sticking to her hand, to show the hair strand, I find it incomprehensible that the hair was lost before it was processed.

See Harmony's post from above, she linked to a post that said they tested it and it was wool or something like that. But that does not look like wool to me? It looks like a hair!

See Harmony's post from above, she linked to a post that said they tested it and it was wool or something like that. But that does not look like wool to me? It looks like a hair!

Oh sorry, I thought she was linking to the pic of the hand/hair. :blushing:

I took a good look at those pics, that didn't look like a strand of animal hair, maybe I'll go look through that link again.

Ok , so in AKs book, does she publish the story she wrote about someone getting their throat slashed?

Am I insane or did she not write a story like this in school?

There is something disturbed about ak...i can't put my finger on it....I have known girls with her sort of affect...off putting...likable in a way ,but socially awkward and kind of entitled.

I also think the case against her is whack...

They need to pinpoint how and why...the pathology behind this...which I just don't see in the whole sex game thing.

In PSs testimony she talks about the hairlike fibers found on Meredith and handfuls of Meredith's hair on the floor, so I would say the hair in her hand was most likely her own.
You can read the testimony for yourself if you'd like, I won't quote it here because its graphic just reading it. She talks about it in the largest paragraph towards the bottom.

http://themurderofmeredithkercher.com/Patrizia_Stefanoni's_Testimony_(English)

In PSs testimony she talks about the hairlike fibers found on Meredith and handfuls of Meredith's hair on the floor, so I would say the hair in her hand was most likely her own.
You can read the testimony for yourself if you'd like, I won't quote it here because its graphic just reading it. She talks about it in the largest paragraph towards the bottom.

http://themurderofmeredithkercher.com/Patrizia_Stefanoni's_Testimony_(English)

Thank you very much Amber, off to read. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95