Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not one single person has come forth and said AK or RS were smug, cocky, or arrogant people.

and didn't amanda chose the smaller bedroom? if she was as self-centered as people claim, she'd surely have taken the larger...

What I've wondered about in the Guede did it scenario is why the broken window and claim that he was there before Meredith returned home have not been combined. It should be obvious to most that no one scaled the wall, but what if Guede was at the cottage at 8:30 and decided to break into the cottage and used a knife to pry open the shutters, dropped/lost the knife in the grass, and then threw a rock through the window from the parking lot. He couldn't climb the wall, but if Meredith came home and she didn't see him near the window, and he sneaked up on her as she was unlocking the door, but that doesn't explain the glass on the ransacked items in Filomina's bedroom. It could explain both the broken window and how Guede entered the cottage, but not all the evidence.

If the inner shutter was closed, and he threw the rock at the window, breaking the glass and hitting the inner shutter hard enough to leave the dent we see, seems like the inner shutter may have popped open on impact of the rock, allowing glass to spray the room.

and didn't amanda chose the smaller bedroom? if she was as self-centered as people claim, she'd surely have taken the larger...

I believe AK had no choice on the room, MK was there first.

I believe AK had no choice on the room, MK was there first.

No, Amanda was there first. She visited Perugia early September with her sister and chose her room before Meredith joined them.

To the right of the L marker, the blood is in an arc. The area to the right of the arc is clean. It looks like something could have been in this area. Probably not explaining it well. I mentioned the K marker because I never noticed what appears to be a shard of glass. Is that actually glass? I never saw anyone talking about it if it is glass (although I'm sure it's probably been talked about).

( I didn't put that emoticon there! This keeps happening and I can't get rid of them! )

OT
Hi SS
Just make sure at the bottom in the area for 'post icons' a black dot fills in the circle for 'no icon'... :drumroll:

To the upper right of the L marker. Where the floor has no blood. Was something on the floor there during the attack, do you think?

It looks like perhaps a book, or something rectangular, was there. Maybe the dictionary was moved and flipped over, or another book?

Every time I've looked in detail at any of the pro-guilt evidence or arguments I've discovered that they don't stand up to scrutiny. Are there any pro-guilt arguments that still leave you with doubt about Amanda's involvement?

I'm assuming that "pro-guilt" means the Italian justice system? Is it really true that the decisions of the Italian courts don't stand up to scrutiny?

Just because somebody is a friend of a friend does not mean contamination is probable. Guede was friends with Meredith's boyfriend but nobody believes that boyfriend brought Guede's DNA over. Chances of secondary transfer are very small, and tertiary transfer are astronomical small. It is not believable that just because Sollecito has been a few times in the cottage that that means there is a realistic chance that his DNA came on the bra clasp accidentally. I don't see any reason to assume he didn't touch it himself and left his DNA in the usual way. JMO.

Probability has nothing to do with the argument.

It is possible, and DNA contamination happens very easily. The prosecution cannot exclude that possibility.

In Sollecito's case he was an INTIMATE friend of AK, so the chances of her tracking his DNA onto the scene because she lived there is very real. She would have had his DNA all over her hands, body and personal items.

I am guessing that MK's boyfriend was not intimate with Guede.

I'm assuming that "pro-guilt" means the Italian justice system? Is it really true that the decisions of the Italian courts don't stand up to scrutiny?

Is the argument from authority really necessary here?

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/uk_news/article74799.ece

They did say a knife or a shard of glass. Now where did this shard of glass come from? Was there anything broken in her room?
An early article said a window was broken in MK's room, but this was surely wrong. I really am not sure...something must have broken, or why is it in that room? Unless it was tracked in? Maybe this is the shard I had read about in one of the reports, cannot recall which now....

Among body fluids lood is relatively rich in DNA, despite the fact that it is found in the white cells (the red cells outnumber the white cells by about 800-1000 to one). I have never seen a study which tried to perform luminol and DNA tests on serial dilutions of blood, which would settle the matter. Therefore, any claims to the effect that luminol is more sensitive than DNA profiling are speculative. Nevertheless, I have never heard anyone make such a claim, except in this case. There are papers which show that it is quite possible to extract a DNA profile from a luminol-positive spot. Therefore, we know that it is possible to obtain DNA from luminol-positive stains.

If the pro-guilt version of the knife is to be believed, DNA profiling must have a lower limit of detection that is lower than TMB testing for blood, yet now we are to believe that the lower limit of detection for DNA is higher than it is for luminol? I am not buying it.

The contradiction in that is a classic example of investigators trying to make evidence fit a hypothesis rather than the other way around.

This case is full of that kind of mind set.

That's very true. When Knox arrived at the cottage, one room was unoccupied and she took it. If taking the only room available means that she is not self-centered, it must be true.

That's very true. When Knox arrived at the cottage, one room was unoccupied and she took it. If taking the only room available means that she is not self-centered, it must be true.

That's false. When Amanda arrived there were two rooms available.

Courts are only people and are not infallible.

Probability has nothing to do with the argument.

It is possible, and DNA contamination happens very easily. The prosecution cannot exclude that possibility.

In Sollecito's case he was an INTIMATE friend of AK, so the chances of her tracking his DNA onto the scene because she lived there is very real. She would have had his DNA all over her hands, body and personal items.

I am guessing that MK's boyfriend was not intimate with Guede.

It seems to rain Knox and Sollecito DNA, but when it comes to placing Guede in the bathroom so he can wash his pants and leave half a footprint on the bath mat (which is attributed to Sollecito), it no longer rains DNA.

I think if you look with the naked eye, at first because of the extended color, it looks like Sollecito's print. However, when you look down to the ball of the feet (Sollecito vs Guede) the ball of the foot matches Guede. (just using eyes)

Keep in mind that the people doing the analysis were self appointed "experts".

Their evaluation has no more weight than that of anyone here, and as you can see there is a divergence of opinion.

Under those circumstances the evidence would have to be regarded as no evidence.

It seems to rain Knox and Sollecito DNA, but when it comes to placing Guede in the bathroom so he can wash his pants and leave half a footprint on the bath mat (which is attributed to Sollecito), it no longer rains DNA.
Otto, do you still believe that the footprint can still be attributed to Sollecito? (not being snarky; asking in earnest.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leledragon24