Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but his ship was already sunk. The stakes are higher for Knox.

Personally I don't think Amanda's presence would make any difference to this court's verdict.

True, but his ship was already sunk. The stakes are higher for Knox.

Think about it....The killer had a letter he wrote but couldn't read so the prosecutor read it for him. WTF? Then when questioned about it, he didn't know the meaning of certain words and said it was all just a thought in his head.

Personally I don't think Amanda's presence would make any difference to this court's verdict.
Maybe not. But the statement would have been stronger in person. I'm surprised she didn't go; it might even have looked heroic had she done so.

SMK linked a recent study completed in Germany (plus Amsterdam) where age 14 -24 year olds were studied in relation to drug use and psychotic episodes. It was just in the last couple of days, but it leaves little doubt that studies show that prolonged habitual pot use can result in a form mild of intermittent psychosis.

That's very interesting. And someone else said on here one time that if it was hashish, that would have made it worse. I must admit that I'm not up-to-date on my drug terminology, so not sure, but that would make sense that it was something stronger than regular ol' marijuani.

But I do think that they also use the joints in their stories to conveniently give them a built-in excuse for their "memory loss,"

Maybe not. But the statement would have been stronger in person. I'm surprised she didn't go; it might even have looked heroic had she done so.

If I was Amanda Knox I wouldn't go anywhere this trial. Her presence only ever leads to a tabloid frenzy so it would probably be counter productive to the interests of impartial justice anyway.

What does it matter? No rags were found in his apartment with Meredith's blood or anywhere else.

Ok, if it doesn't strike you as odd, that's totally cool. It just strikes me as odd that he would mention rags of all things. Like it was somewhere on his mind somewhere.........

The jeans! That is such an odd thing to mention, given that we know he was with the new love of his life: Knox. He was already admiring Meredith ... amused at the thought of her wearing her former boyfriend's jeans. He's so unaffected by her murder that he's musing about the jeans she wore the night she was murdered.

Apparently Meredith had little to say to either of them and left quickly after showering. This stand offish relationship between Meredith and Amanda is also described by friends and family. Keep in mind that Knox had tried to contact Meredith several times on Halloween, presumably looking for the party. They had dressed up. Knox painted her face like a cat (Sollecito's diary) - remember the cat burglar Halloween costume in Seattle, he painted his face as abstract art (Sollecito's diary). They went out in search of a party, but by 10 PM they returned to his apartment. Meredith went to several parties and arrived home at about 6 AM, but she did not invite Knox. She did not respond to Knox, and from the sounds of it, when she saw Knox the following afternoon, after she showered, she had nothing to say to her.

Tranquillity seems to be a common word in Italy. I think it means peaceful, feeling quiet, relaxed. He's saying that he smoked pot all day and relaxed at home. He also made a fish dinner, had a water spill under the sink while he was washing dinner dishes, before his father called at 8:42. The movie Amelie ran out at 9:11 without any human interaction. The next human interaction on the computer was at 5:32 AM, about 30 minutes before Sollecito's phone was turned on.

This is speculation ... trying to fit the puzzle pieces together ... neither fact nor opinion ... puzzle

Thanks. Regarding Meredith leaving, isn't Amanda's version different? That they chatted, and then Meredith left. RS doesn't talk about the conversation that Amanda mentioned. I find that a bit odd. He just mentions her jeans and her leaving "quickly."

So who is telling the truth? Amanda or RS?

If I was Amanda Knox I wouldn't go anywhere this trial. Her presence only ever leads to a tabloid frenzy so it would probably be counter productive to the interests of impartial justice anyway.

Yes, I wouldn't go either because I would not want to be anywhere physically close where they can lock me up. I understand completely why she is staying away. I don't think it has anything to do with her view of justice or fairness. MOO.

Strangers or near strangers go to those sorts of events because they are a sort of emotional vampire. They feed off grief and derive a perverse sort of gratification from it. Unless you have real personal connection with the person being memorialized, I would consider it inappropriate and extremely disrespectful to attend those sorts of events and pretend that you are sad. It is the same as going to a stranger's (or someone you barely know) wedding uninvited, most people would never dream of doing that, but many are perfectly happy to intrude on someone's grief, they feel entitled to do it.

I really don't understand that. It is just a lack of basic humanity IMO.

I think it's just a basic human thing that people like to join together when something has happened, for support. Most people, I would guess. I do feel that the strangers who went felt sadness for Meredith, for what happened to her, and for her family. Maybe a handful went with some other intention, but the majority I feel, they go because they genuinely feel something and they want to join with other people.
I believe this was like a public vigil, not a private family memorial.

This. Nencini's failure to compel discovery of the forensic files alone is ridiculous and unfair. But the failure of the Nencini court to look into the cell phone data, the computer data, and the duodenum data is astonishing. There are two strong lines of evidence that Meredith died before 10 PM, and there is undisputed interaction on Raffaele's computer around 9:08. In addition, there is the Naruto file at around 9:26. MOO.

Was the time of death evidence heard by Massei or Hellman? Was there a reason given by Nencini to not consider this evidence?

La Nazione ‏@qn_lanazione 1m
Process Meredith, lawyer Dalla Vedova, "Imaginative (fantastic, invented) reconstruction of the prosecution"

La Nazione ‏@qn_lanazione 1m
Process Meredith, lawyer Dalla Vedova, "Absurd that the knife used for the murder was brought home"

La Nazione ‏@qn_lanazione 21s
Process Meredith, lawyer Dalla Vedova, "A murder without a motive is fallacious" (Fallacious = containing a mistake)

La Nazione ‏@qn_lanazione 7s
Process Meredith, lawyer Dalla Vedova, "In this process there is no evidence"

https://twitter.com/qn_lanazione

Andrea Vogt ‏@andreavogt 4m
Carlo dalla Vedova to #amandaknox appeal jury: If there is no murder motive, you must acquit.

<modsnip>
http://www.ansa.it/web/notizie/regi...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Andrea Vogt &#8207;@andreavogt 5m
Carlo dalla Vedova to #amandaknox appeal jury: If there is no murder motive, you must acquit.
https://twitter.com/andreavogt

bbm

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

The Nation @ qn_lanazione 4m
Process Meredith, lawyer Dalla Vedova (Knox): "The bra clasp of Meredith is not a genuine artifact" # meredithnazione
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
The Nation @ qn_lanazione 5m
ProcessoMeredith, lawyer Dalla Vedova (Knox): "The bra clasp November 2nd was white, 40 days after gray" # meredithnazione
The Nation @ qn_lanazione 15m
Process Meredith, lawyer Dalla Vedova (Knox): "Amanda knew the cut throat because he was told by a policeman" # meredithnazione
The Nation @ qn_lanazione 19m
Process Meredith, lawyer Dalla Vedova (Knox): "Absurd that are canceled only traces of Amanda and Raffaele"

The Nation @ qn_lanazione 1m
Process Meredith, lawyer Dalla Vedova (Knox): "The victim was attacked from the front, not from behind" # meredithnazione
The Nation @ qn_lanazione 2m
Process Meredith, lawyer Dalla Vedova (Knox): "For Amanda and Raffaele, Rudy Guede was a stranger" # meredithnazione

***Amanda has also left a response RE Maresca's comments on her blog:

http://www.amandaknox.com/2013/12/17/support-meredith-kerchers-family/

She just pissed off the judge. Who else to blame then Knox herself? She can get fully sponsored for the flights and everything. Only need to give an interview to CBS or ABC or whatever. $1900 for return Seattle - Florence :)

An what about those donations on her website, which was discussed so fully yesterday? Couldn't she get her army of supporters to donate a couple of dollars each, put out an appeal on her website - hey, look guys, I need to get there because this is (perhaps) my last chance to defend myself, so I really really need you all to help me".....etc.. :facepalm:

I do agree that Knox missed an opportunity to present herself to the court. She could have flown in just for a couple of days and returned quickly home.

This way, she could have presented herself in some subdued, demur and dignified way to the judge and jury, read her own statement to them in a heartfelt way, and this might have made a moving impact on them. She would have become more human and real to them.

After all, what did she have to fear? They weren't going to take her to jail....I really think she ought to have done this.

Yes, she ought to have and it would have been the right thing, but I understand her not going, because what if they wouldn't let her go back out of the country? That is a reach, but I think it must have been something on her mind. Then she would be stuck in Italy, and then if conviction came down, she would have to be arrested.

The way it is now, if conviction comes down, she is safe in U.S., or else go into hiding somewhere in Latin America like Raffaelo and what's-his-name Joran VanderSloot.

Yes, she ought to have and it would have been the right thing, but I understand her not going, because what if they wouldn't let her go back out of the country? That is a reach, but I think it must have been something on her mind. Then she would be stuck in Italy, and then if conviction came down, she would have to be arrested.

The way it is now, if conviction comes down, she is safe in U.S., or else go into hiding somewhere in Latin America like Raffaelo and what's-his-name Joran VanderSloot.
I guess so - I didn't know they could do that until a verdict. Raffaele has been coming and going, but I guess she was afraid of being somehow kept there.

The Nation @ qn_lanazione 1m
Process Meredith, lawyer Dalla Vedova (Knox): "The victim was attacked from the front, not from behind" # meredithnazione

bbm

That kind of directly refutes the theory that she was sitting on her bed taking off her shoes, and Rudy attacked her from behind, which I have heard before. Coming from her own defense.

The Nation @ qn_lanazione 16m
Meredith process, ending the hearing. The next hearing January 9 # meredithnazione
Process Meredith, lawyer Dalla Vedova (Knox): "Room too small for the participation of more people in the crime" # meredithnazione

OMG, she just cannot take a hint, can she?? She's like one of those clingy friends who are just hanging on, hanging on. :facepalm:

I find that to be such an odd, odd response. Ok, so who does she think Maresca is? I mean, does she not know that he is connected to the Kercher family?? Would he just, by himself, decide one day, hey I'm gonna ask that Amanda to take things off her website? NO, OBVIOUSLY THE KERCHERS ASKED HIM TO SEND HER THE LETTER. BECAUSE OBVIOUSLY THEY DO NOT WANT TO EVER HAVE DIRECT CONTACT WITH YOU.

TAKE A HINT.

Was the time of death evidence heard by Massei or Hellman? Was there a reason given by Nencini to not consider this evidence?
Massei heard some evidence, but his discussion of it is not wholly correct IMO. The problem was that the prosecution changed its TOD to a much later time in its closing remarks in December, 2009. Raffaele's appeal addressed the issue, but I would have liked to have seen additional experts called to discuss the matter in Hellmann's or in Nencini's court. Crini refused to indicate a single TOD, which is part of the larger problem of still not having a narrative/timeline from the prosecution six years into the case.

Thanks Otto for your updates, thanks also SMK for your updates. Really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman