Greece American tourist a retired cop, 59, not returned from a solo hike, Amorgos Island, 11 June 24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Accidents do happen and we must accept that even when we take all precautions, even if we are healthy and fit, even if we have the latest technology to assist us, sometimes it is beyond our control. The same goes for search and rescue efforts. Sometimes, we will never know what happened, no matter how extensive the search is.

I lost my uncle at sea. He was an avid swimmer and didn't realize that being in your 60s is not the same as being in your 20s. He was on holiday, swimming on a popular beach with my aunt on an Aegean island. One moment later and he was gone, my aunt lost sight of him. Searches were carried out to no avail. His body was found several days later washed ashore a rocky island many miles away. We were lucky that his body was found. At least we knew what happened to him.

I can imagine the pain and helplessness that Albert's family feels right now but the most likely scenario is that Albert had an accident and there was no way to save him in time.

Apologies, I haven't followed the thread for a while. But if EAC was spotted between 12 and 12.30pm by the goat herder. Does that not suggest he got pretty close to his ultimate destination re Katapola?

Which would suggest he has succumbed at the end of an almost five hour hike. That would be desperately said if true.
I would also have thought he might have been able to make it to Chora if he realized he was in trouble.

If he were spotted by the shepherd between 12 and 12.30, he is clearly far beyond Chora?
It's a five hour hike from Aegaili to Katapola. If he indeed started at the back of 7am he would be approaching Katapola at roughly 12.30pm. I would suggest EAC, sadly, will be found quite close to his ultimate destination.

IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aspirelights
Back