Amscott, the car & the garbage dumpster revisited

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Do you think some evidence, etc. was put in the Amscot dumpster?

• Yes

Votes: 348 72.2%
  • No

Votes: 134 27.8%

• Total voters
I believe Casey ditched the car next to the dumpster because it smelled like death sorry to even have to say that it's so sad. She hoped people would think the odor was from the dumpster and not her car. And that hopefully someone would steal the car. She would come up with a story that she was kidnapped and the kidnappers killed Caylee. Her plan backfired when the car was towed and her parents got it back from the tow yard. This is why she came up with the ZG nanny story among lie after lie.

I agree,
I also think that she purposely left an old Pizza in the car too so that if the Car ws towed they would assume that the old Pizza was causing the odor.

imo

Lets see what you all think of this, I have called 5 check cashing places around where I live and spoken to the Managers and advised them I was inquiring this question because of this case..Do they have outside video servillance cameras that cover the whole outside perimiter of there buildings and I have been told yes for all 5
places. One manager stated that this is how they all do it especially out where they take out the trash so that in the event that someone tries to attack one of the workers and bring them back inside to rob the place they will have video of it for the police, so I would quess that Amscott is no different and I would also quess that LE has the video of when the car was abandoned and if she did throw something in that dumpster they would have someone search the landfill.

This is not to say that she didnt use another dumpster.

Lets see what you all think of this, I have called 5 check cashing places around where I live and spoken to the Managers and advised them I was inquiring this question because of this case..Do they have outside video servillance cameras that cover the whole outside perimiter of there buildings and I have been told yes for all 5
places. One manager stated that this is how they all do it especially out where they take out the trash so that in the event that someone tries to attack one of the workers and bring them back inside to rob the place they will have video of it for the police, so I would quess that Amscott is no different and I would also quess that LE has the video of when the car was abandoned and if she did throw something in that dumpster they would have someone search the landfill.

Wow! I never even thought about this. I'd say it's very likely LE has the video footage. Just because it's not included in the 400 pages doesn't meant it doesn't exist. I'd bet they've saved all of the good stuff for a possible trial!

That may be why she parked where she did. Her car would be partially blocked from view if the camera faces out from the builing toward the dumpster.

Does anyone live close enough to AMSCOT to post pics of the entryway, dumpster, and possible camera location??

As far as the landfill is concerned, I know for a fact that they have a grid map of where each truck leaves their loads. At work once, we accidently had some files taken to the dumpster and we had to go to the landfill to find them. They looked up the location from where it came and found the location where the truck was emptyed, we looked in that location and found our files.

This is what I though! So, why is this not been done?????:confused:

Does anyone live close enough to AMSCOT to post pics of the entryway, dumpster, and possible camera location??

I can't remember where, but pictures of the amscot have been posted, maybe in the media thread?

That really isn't that much weight. I have a son the same age and I pick him up all the time. Not over my head per se, but I'm sure I could. Plus, you have to figure in the adrenaline factor.

I'm 5'5" and 51 years old....I'm in average shape. I can easily lift a large heavy bag of trash into a top-loading dumpster if i flip the lid up first.

As far as the landfill is concerned, I know for a fact that they have a grid map of where each truck leaves their loads. At work once, we accidently had some files taken to the dumpster and we had to go to the landfill to find them. They looked up the location from where it came and found the location where the truck was emptyed, we looked in that location and found our files.
How long after the files were disposed of did you ask for them?
Taking into consideration the weather in Florida during the summer months, even a grid in a landfill may be of little consquence after some time has passed.
Usually mid April the weather here is very hot and very humid. Then in early June Hurricane Season officially starts. Rainy and wet many days.
When trash is collected in a dumpster, the dumpster may be emptied into a truck and ground up or the entire dumpster may be taken and hauled off and replaced.
Many businesses have security cameras in place. There may be cameras on constantly and then rewound after 30 days and recorded over. (I worked at a place that had security cameras that worked but were not set up properly to record more than a few hours.)
Remember there was no missing child report made for over 30 days. It may not be possible to get a recording of early June after the report from July.

Hi Wser's
This is my first post, I'm a longtime lurker. I was thinking that maybe the GP did not pick up the car from the impound lot right away because they did not have the money. Its quite costly to have your car towed and impounded where I live, cant imagine its much different in FLA.

Ok, responding to 2 different questions here:

1) This is what I though! So, why is this not been done?????
How do we know it hasn't been done? LE doesn't tell us everything.

2) How long after the files were disposed of did you ask for them?
The next week.

Ok, responding to 2 different questions here:

1) This is what I though! So, why is this not been done?????
How do we know it hasn't been done? LE doesn't tell us everything.

2) How long after the files were disposed of did you ask for them?
The next week.

LE may have this info, much has not be shared with the public

If there was nothing done till after the report of Caylee was filed, it was filed weeks after.
Considering the weather if there previously was no search a month of further decompostion(horrible thought isnt it?)
Wondering if the Amscott people had reason to contact LE and if they did. We just dont know yet.

Hi Wser's
This is my first post, I'm a longtime lurker. I was thinking that maybe the GP did not pick up the car from the impound lot right away because they did not have the money. Its quite costly to have your car towed and impounded where I live, cant imagine its much different in FLA.

I suppose this does make sense, as the 400 pages do say that Cindy was pretty huffy and threw a fit at the tow yard about the price of the towing... The tow yard only accepted cash so they had to go to an ATM. Then George apologized to the tow person for his wife's behavior.

I believe Casey ditched the car next to the dumpster because it smelled like death sorry to even have to say that it's so sad. She hoped people would think the odor was from the dumpster and not her car. And that hopefully someone would steal the car. She would come up with a story that she was kidnapped and the kidnappers killed Caylee. Her plan backfired when the car was towed and her parents got it back from the tow yard. This is why she came up with the ZG nanny story among lie after lie.

Maybe that is also why one knife was found in the car? [And allegedly cleaned up and put away by Cindy?]

That sounds encouraging!

You can go to google.com and type in the address of the place you want. Then click on the street view and it will show you what is around there. You can actually get a pretty good shot of the dumpster at the amscot.

Yes, I think she placed dear Caylee in the dumpster there.

It is possible she did not put the car at the Amscott. Maybe a friend of hers borrowed the car and ditched it at that spot. Maybe she had a friend bring it to that spot and instructed the friend to leave the keys, purse, etc. in the vehicle. Possibly she was coming back to get the car and it got towed before she got there? If she was hoping for the vehicle to be stolen, I would park it in a more obvious spot. I would park in the middle of the parking lot! Maybe a friend stole the vehicle from her and parked it there....and why would they take evidence with them (her purse, keys, etc)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico
Back