Amy Bradley, 23, Disappeared from cruise ship en route to Curaçao, 24 March 1998 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No shoes. Do people really go barefooted on a cruise ship? To run for coffee or cigarette? Amy and her cigarettes were gone but her shoes were still there. Misadventure overboard. I wonder if any of the presumed shipboard witnesses noticed that she was barefooted. I would have.

It was also mentioned Amy could have left her cabin quickly to take photos as the ship docked. She figured she’d be right back. Didn’t think about shoes. If this was her plan, she might have mentioned it to Yellow the night before. He knew where and when to find her that morning. IMO

20 years ago? I would think so. Barefoot is not uncommon. I go barefoot now. I have walked down to hotel lobbies barefoot. All depends on the individual person I would think.

There was a woman called "E" whose sighting of Amy in the disco with Yellow that morning, where he gave her a dark colored fluid as a drink. "E" is officially the last witness to have seen Amy alive. She testified before a grand jury also. The last person to see her was not her dad...it was "E" and Yellow.
Let us not forget that David Carmichael positively identified Yellow as one of the men with Amy on the beach 5 months after she disappeared. He too..testified and has not changed his story at all. When he saw Amy's pic, he immediately contacted the authorities and the Bradleys, flew to the US (he's Canadian) and absolutely, positively identified Amy, her tattoos, and Yellow. There is absolutely no reason to think that he is lying.

I'd also like people to rethink the prostitution angle. Why would a prostitute need handlers? Why would they prostitute her to begin with? Somewhere along the line, she would have been with a John alone. It's obvious they do not want her anywhere alone. Now, look at the pics found on AAV website and compare them to other pics on the same website. They do NOT belong. Every single other pic is of much higher quality, "soft" lighting and background, girls are done up, but fairly tastefully, nobodys hair is a rats nest with garish makeup on a crappy bed with just a sheet. They do NOT belong there.
I personally believe that her pics were thrown up there as a diversion. First, to make everyone think she's a prostitute, and second, to make everyone think she is in that "area" when she is really elsewhere.
People are trafficked for numerous reasons, not just prostitution. Guns, drugs, illegal sale of organs, breeders, laborers, etc. WHY would she need handler's. That is the point to come back too. Prostitution is legal there, why would they need to kidnap an American woman to prostitute. There are plenty that do it willingly.

amy bradley affordable vacations ss website.jpgamy bradley on website tether on wrist.jpg

look at the difference in quality, lighting, make-up, etc. Amy's pictures look garish and cheap.

There was a woman called "E" whose sighting of Amy in the disco with Yellow that morning, where he gave her a dark colored fluid as a drink. "E" is officially the last witness to have seen Amy alive. She testified before a grand jury also. The last person to see her was not her dad...it was "E" and Yellow.
Let us not forget that David Carmichael positively identified Yellow as one of the men with Amy on the beach 5 months after she disappeared. He too..testified and has not changed his story at all. When he saw Amy's pic, he immediately contacted the authorities and the Bradleys, flew to the US (he's Canadian) and absolutely, positively identified Amy, her tattoos, and Yellow. There is absolutely no reason to think that he is lying.

Is E the same person as Crystal Roberts? I had thought that was the name of the witness that saw Amy that morning with Yellow?

I've also read 2 college girls saw them. Maybe those 2 girls are E and Crystal?

It was also mentioned Amy could have left her cabin quickly to take photos as the ship docked. She figured she’d be right back. Didn’t think about shoes. If this was her plan, she might have mentioned it to Yellow the night before. He knew where and when to find her that morning. IMO

I also remember us discussing in earlier threads the possibility of Amy wearing a different pair of shoes. And didn’t Iva say in one interview that Amy had about ten pair of shoes with her so they really had no way of knowing if a pair could have been missing.

I also remember us discussing in earlier threads the possibility of Amy wearing a different pair of shoes. And didn’t Iva say in one interview that Amy had about ten pair of shoes with her so they really had no way of knowing if a pair could have been missing.

This is what I am thinking. I have never known a parent to know exactly how many pairs of shoes their 23 yo daughter has. She could have slipped on a pair of flip flops on her way out. It is also entirely possible that she left barefoot. Either way, there is no information here that would lead me to believe she didn’t leave the cabin. All signs point towards her leaving.

Did the band members that some of you suspect continue the voyage? Play for other voyages? Does a strong young American woman traveling with her family which included two men really seem like the perfect kidnapping victim?

Did the band members that some of you suspect continue the voyage? Play for other voyages? Does a strong young American woman traveling with her family which included two men really seem like the perfect kidnapping victim?

I don’t understand how who she was traveling with on the cruise makes any difference, as she apparently was abducted when they were not with her. According to witnesses she was alone, other than the one possible person of interest in her case.

Was it a state or federal grand jury?

It’s very significant that a grand jury failed to indict . That almost never happens. The eyewitnesses must have not been believable or Douglas was at work or something when he was supposedly guarding a woman on a beach.

How many times did the grand jury take this up?

FiveThirtyEight reports:

Former New York state*Chief Judge Sol Wachtler*famously remarked that a prosecutor could persuade a grand jury to “indict a ham sandwich.”

The data suggests he was barely exaggerating: According to the*Bureau of Justice Statistics, U.S. attorneys prosecuted 162,000 federal cases in 2010, the most recent year for which we have data. Grand juries declined to return an indictment in 11 of them.

I'll do the math for you: that's 0.0000679*0.0067901*percent of the time. Yes, these numbers are federal and not state cases, so they exclude the jurisdiction of St. Louis County Prosecutor Bob McCulloch. But also note, via
FiveThirtyEight:
“If the prosecutor wants an indictment and doesn’t get one, something has gone horribly wrong,”

https://reason.com/blog/2014/11/25/grand-juries-almost-never-fail-to-indict

Questions:

1)state or federal grand jury
2) approx date
3) how many times was it brought to the grand jury

It seems the members of the grand jury didn’t believe the eyewitnesses which isn’t a surprise since passage of time and money motivation causes people to sometimes make up things.

ETA: logically it must have been federal since I don’t see how Virgina would have any jurisdiction over a cruise ship incident.

RSBM

See. I planned mine all out so I wouldn’t be found and saved. If I am going to commit suicide I am going to complete it. Jumping off a cruise ship leaves too much to chance. But, you work with what you got I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m sorry to hear you were at one point in a lot of pain, but I guess you know from experience that people who successfully kill themselves keep their plans to themselves and play along with friends and family so no one will stop them.

Thank you for sharing.

No..'E' was a woman that was in the disco waiting to disembark...I guess she got there early. It was only her (sitting in a seat).Amy and Yellow were there. Yellow turned on music. Yellow handed Amy a drink of a a dark colored liquid. E assumed it was coffee. she did not see Amy again but she saw Yellow leaving by the main elevator.
The 2 girls are different witnesses

Reactions: smr

It’s very significant that a grand jury failed to indict . That almost never happens. The eyewitnesses must have not been believable or Douglas was at work or something when he was supposedly guarding a woman on a beach.

What are you referencing here?

Here is a link to a CNN transcript of the Bradley's and David Carmichael 16 years ago by Greta Sustern. Scroll down because she is also interviewing someone re Chandra Levy.
Since this is actually David Carmichael being interviewed, I would believe his account THEN, in his own words, as opposed to anything that is floating out there about the sighting by him. Interestingly, when he called in AMW or Unsolved Mysteries with this sighting, no one ever got back with him. Months go by, he sees a pic of her again and then DIRECTLY calls the Bradleys and flew out to see them.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0107/24/bp.00.html

Reactions: smr

FiveThirtyEight reports:

Former New York state*Chief Judge Sol Wachtler*famously remarked that a prosecutor could persuade a grand jury to “indict a ham sandwich.”

The data suggests he was barely exaggerating: According to the*Bureau of Justice Statistics, U.S. attorneys prosecuted 162,000 federal cases in 2010, the most recent year for which we have data. Grand juries declined to return an indictment in 11 of them.

I'll do the math for you: that's 0.0000679*0.0067901*percent of the time. Yes, these numbers are federal and not state cases, so they exclude the jurisdiction of St. Louis County Prosecutor Bob McCulloch. But also note, via
FiveThirtyEight:
“If the prosecutor wants an indictment and doesn’t get one, something has gone horribly wrong,”

Questions:

2) approx date

It seems the members of the grand jury didn’t believe the eyewitnesses which isn’t a surprise since passage of time and money motivation causes people to sometimes make up things.

ETA: logically it must have been federal since I don’t see how Virgina would have any jurisdiction over a cruise ship incident.

What “money motivation” are you referencing? That of Royal Caribbean?

FiveThirtyEight reports:

FiveThirtyEight:

Questions:

2) approx date

I’m completely confused why people are confused.

Jashrema posted: “She testified before a grand jury also. The last person to see her was not her dad...it was "E" and Yellow.
Let us not forget that David Carmichael positively identified Yellow as one of the men with Amy on the beach 5 months after she disappeared. He too..testified”

These eyewitnesses testified before a grand jury and were clearly not believable. It is significant that a federal grand jury failed to return an indictment. That only happens 0.0067901 of the time. Again, this is SIGNIFICANT that these eye witnesses couldn’t produce a verifiable story or one factual enough to trigger an indictment,

The FBI doesn’t mention these eyewitnesses in their updates.

I’m betting Douglas had alibis that were solid like he was at work on a ship when people supposedly saw him as a handler.

My questions about the grand jury still stand.

About when was was this brought before a grand jury and where?

The content of the hearings is secret, but convening them for a particular matter is not, so there should be something in the web archives that a federal grand jury was convened in this matter.

A prosecutor can bring the matter before a grand jury more than after each time a GJ fails to indict, so how many times was the Bradley incident brought forth to a grand jury?

I’m completely confused why people are confused.

Jashrema posted: “She testified before a grand jury also. The last person to see her was not her dad...it was "E" and Yellow.
Let us not forget that David Carmichael positively identified Yellow as one of the men with Amy on the beach 5 months after she disappeared. He too..testified”

These eyewitnesses testified before a grand jury and were clearly not believable. It is significant that a federal grand jury failed to return an indictment.

The FBI doesn’t mention these eyewitnesses in their updates.

I’m betting Douglas had alibis that were solid like he was at work on a ship when people supposedly saw him as a handler.

My questions about the grand jury still stand.
Grand Juries/juries make mistakes. ie OJ Simpson trial

Grand Juries/juries make mistakes. ie OJ Simpson trial

A grand jury indicted him, but I’d like to stay on the topic of Amy Bradley and how the grand jury clearly didn’t believe the eyewitnesses. An entire jury didn’t believe the eyewitnesses.

Why didn’t the prisecutor bring the matter back with more evidence to indict? Or did he/she and th continued to fail to indict?

Again, about when was this grand jury convened in this matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member