Amy Bradley, 23, Disappeared from cruise ship en route to Curaçao, 24 March 1998 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it seemed they were going all the way back to the beginning
I feel positive about that as it shows no tunnel vision
It doesn't feel like they are fixated on any theory but willing to look at all scenarios

Tunnel vision can be deadly to solving a crime
JMO

Oh, I completely agree that it is a good thing.

It sounds like this new agent who came on board last year has wiped off all of the dead leads and is starting over back on the ship.

I think this is good news for her family. Start over fresh and see where it goes this time.

In the Disappeared episode, FBI agent Erin Sheridan did acknowledge that the forensics expert did do the facial comparison of Amy and that he now works for the FBI. On the show they are switching back and forth between interviews, and Ron Bradley was part of that segment as well. IIRC he is the one who stated the expert believes it was Amy, however agent Sheridan did not oppose or indicate there was any disagreement with his conclusion.

That said, I don’t believe it’s ever been stated it was with 100% certainty, but I rather doubt that would be possible with a photograph anyway. As agent Sheridan said, it was impossible to tell if the photo had or had not been altered.

In the Disappeared episode, FBI agent Erin Sheridan did acknowledge that the forensics expert did do the facial comparison of Amy and that he now works for the FBI. On the show they are switching back and forth between interviews, and Ron Bradley was part of that segment as well. IIRC he is the one who stated the expert believes it was Amy, however agent Sheridan did not oppose or indicate there was any disagreement with his conclusion.

That said, I don’t believe it’s ever been stated it was with 100% certainty, but I rather doubt that would be possible with a photograph anyway. As agent Sheridan said, it was impossible to tell if the photo had or had not been altered.

Thank you for the clarification.

The FBI does indeed stay on cases until the end.

The plea for clues was well over 365 days ago. They are back asking for passengers and crew to report anything they might remember on the ship.

The cold case FBI agent took an interest in her case.

TBH, the age progression isn’t that skilled IMO MOO. I hope FBI never has to do one for me :gaah:

“amy’s mother said the FBI said” ...yeah, MOO. Sorry, that does not pull weight for me unless the FBI said it themselves and I have never found a link on that.

So if anyone runs across a link where an FBI agent said the photo could be Amy, I would love to read that first hand information. Thanks.

The FBI do not stay on cases until the end if they have any indication that the person left on their own free will or are deceased. The FBI WILL announce that they are looking to "recover" remains if they believe the person is dead.

It is absolutely FALSE that the plea for tips was over 365 days ago! Also absolutely FALSE is that they were just asking crew and passengers.
Agent Hariden(sp) took over the case, she didn't REOPEN the case and the plea and new vid was March 18, 2018. Not even 60 DAYS ago.
The manpower and money that it takes to look for a missing person is simply not done if they believe that person is alive and well because they just don't want to be found.

The FBI do not stay on cases until the end if they have any indication that the person left on their own free will or are deceased. The FBI WILL announce that they are looking to "recover" remains if they believe the person is dead.

It is absolutely FALSE that the plea for tips was over 365 days ago! Also absolutely FALSE is that they were just asking crew and passengers.
Agent Hariden(sp) took over the case, she didn't REOPEN the case and the plea and new vid was March 18, 2018. Not even 60 DAYS ago.
The manpower and money that it takes to look for a missing person is simply not done if they believe that person is alive and well because they just don't want to be found.

March 22, 2017
https://www.fbi.gov/audio-repository/wanted-podcast-amy-bradley-032217.mp3/view

The only difference is the file number: 032217 or 032318

Audio Transcript

Mollie Halpern: A reward of up to $25,000 is available for information leading to the resolution of the case of a missing Virginia woman.

Twenty-three-year-old Amy Lynn Bradley was on vacation with her parents and brother on the Royal Caribbean International cruise line ship Rhapsody of the Seas when she disappeared.

Special Agent Erin Sheridan says the ship was traveling toward Curacao, Netherlands Antilles on the night of March 23, 1998.

Erin Sheridan: That evening, Amy was out at the disco with her brother, other passengers, and crew socializing and having a great time. In the morning, when her parents and her brother woke, Amy was gone.

Halpern: Amy’s brother Brad was the last family member to see her.

Brad Bradley: Myself and my parents have had to endure a lot of sadness, but the last thing that I ever said to Amy was, “I love you,” before I went to sleep that night. Knowing that that’s the last thing I said to her has always been very comforting to me.

Halpern: Many details of Amy’s night out are missing, so even the smallest bit of information could help agents solve her case.

Sheridan: We’re not going to give up investigating what happened to Amy. We are Amy’s voice; we are her true advocate.

Halpern: Report tips to your local FBI office or American Embassy or Consulate or online at tips.fbi.gov. With Wanted by the FBI, I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau.

2018 update is even less than 2017

Mollie Halpern: The FBI is seeking public tips in the case of a Virginia woman who disappeared 20 years ago this month.

An up to $25,000 reward is available for information leading to the resolution of the Amy Lynn Bradley case.

Amy’s mother, Iva…

Iva Bradley: We get up every single day with the thought that maybe today we'll find Amy.

Halpern: The 23-year-old was last seen vacationing with her parents and brother on the Royal Caribbean International Cruise Ship Rhapsody of the Seas on the night of March 23, 1998.

Special Agent Erin Sheridan…

Erin Sheridan: By the morning of March 24, 1998, her parents go and try to search for her, and she is nowhere to be found.

Halpern: The ship was traveling toward Curaçao, Netherlands Antilles, around the time Amy went missing.

Sheridan: We will never rest. We will definitely do our best to bring closure to her family. I feel it is my mission.

Halpern: Report tips to your local FBI field office or American Embassy or Consulate, or online at tips.fbi.gov. With Wanted by the FBI, I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau

Nothing is different except the family quotes which say the same thing basically.... we love and miss her and would like to find out what happened..etc.

Both say FBI would like to resolve the case.

I am willing to see what they say in the next few years’ updates...

Here is the best resource I have found:
https://soundcloud.com/user-748895801/revisiting-the-disappearance-of-amy-bradley-96-part-1

Brad’s own words.

The had each had several drinks throughout the day and night. Were not hammered. Amy was in the disco with about 4-5 people. She was woozy. Seasick. Breezy on balcony. They were exhausted from staying up all night.

Brad seems to describe the smaller jr suite cabin (8564) with amy’s chaise lounge in the “back corner on the balcony” basically on the “other side of the glass” from Brad’s head when he was sleeping (he says 2 feet away).

D98DC04A-10E5-4008-AADD-B207D63B8458.jpg

His parents had immediate panic.

Brad is bothered by Yellow’s words about sorry about your sister( but yellow was awake and on deck at this time, so can it be he was awoken by someone looking for Amy so that is how he knew?)

Special agent Sheridan: timeline is difficult. International waters, people had different times on their watches. Back then they didn’t track people exiting the ship. She uses the word IF a lot: if she went off willingly or unwillingly there were places that could have happened...

FBI is trying to narrow the timeline. “Whatever the circumstances are” ”whatever exactly happened” it is crucial for people on the ship or on the island to come forward if they have even a small bit of info.

Brad thinks yellow was trying to get his timeline together with Brad’s and Brad says they were at the mouth of the canal when Amy went missing. However, Brad also seems forgetful on several details, so since many other resources including FBI says that the ship was 10-12 miles out and in international waters, that is what I personally am going with. MOO.

At the canal wouldn’t be international waters.

Some things I forgot to add because it was well past my bedtime when I was listening. Correct me if I am wrong.

Brad says “Amy befriended yellow” because he was the DJ in the disco and she along with the 4-5 friends she made were requesting songs.

I believe he said the disco closed at 3am.

Brad met 2 girls and when he left to go sit outside the disco to talk to them, he made eye contact with Amy (she was 2nd floor and he was on 1st floor) that she “waved him off” as if to say go, I’m fine.

Brad also mentioned the Scientologist but the FBI agent said that was never coorborated.

Brad has no clue what happened to Amy, but he feels like she didn’t accidentally or willingly go overboard because she wouldn’t go close to the railing. She was afraid of sea life.

*** this Longwood University podcast was released yesterday so it is the most current information on this case

After spending a few minutes looking over the FBI website and their Kidnappings and Missing Persons page it appears that there is suspected foul play in all of these cases. Of course I didn’t have the time to read up on every case, but rather several I chose at random, as well as a few I’m already familiar with.

There are none I could find where the person disappeared due to an accident, overboard from a ship or otherwise.
https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap

Also on their “What We Investigate” page, it lists:
Terrorism
Counterintelligence
Cyber Crime
Public Corruption
Civil Rights
Organized Crime
White Collar Crime
Violent Crime
WMD

The FBI don’t involve themselves with accidents. Amy’s case is listed under their Violent Crime division - Kidnappings and Missing Persons - along with 84 others, several of which we’re familiar with here, including Rachel Cooke, Jennifer Kesse, Hannah Hart, Devonte Hart, Lucas Hernandez, and Kyron Horman. If they believed she fell overboard the FBI wouldn’t be involved in her case at all.

After spending a few minutes looking over the FBI website and their Kidnappings and Missing Persons page it appears that there is suspected foul play in all of these cases. Of course I didn’t have the time to read up on every case, but rather several I chose at random, as well as a few I’m already familiar with.

There are none I could find where the person disappeared due to an accident, overboard from a ship or otherwise.

Terrorism
Counterintelligence
Cyber Crime
Public Corruption
Civil Rights
Organized Crime
White Collar Crime
Violent Crime
WMD

The FBI don’t involve themselves with accidents. Amy’s case is listed under their Violent Crime division - Kidnappings and Missing Persons - along with 84 others, several of which we’re familiar with here, including Rachel Cooke, Jennifer Kesse, Hannah Hart, Devonte Hart, Lucas Hernandez, and Kyron Horman. If they believed she fell overboard the FBI wouldn’t be involved in her case at all.

If you listen to part 1 of the podcast, it seems clear to me IMO that FBI has no active leads they are working on.

They want to put puzzle pieces together and “tighten the timeline”

The FBI agent seems to me to give weight to maybe she willingly went off the ship.

They don’t seem to be focusing on suicide because Brad sad why would she go into the water on purpose when she was afraid of marine life. However, Brad is clear that he still gives any overboard theory a minuscule possibility. He does not 100% rule it out. He feels that if she fell 80 feet from the balcony, she would have been able to swim to shore.

The FBI agent, IIRC basically says they don’t know what might have happened to Amy.

Oh, I don’t think yellow was the DJ. Aside from saying what bothered him about yellow saying sorry about your sister, Brad doesn’t spend much time at all on yellow... sort of glosses over yellow.

Brad also mentioned unknown other people (passengers) Amy was hanging with.

I hope someone else listens and posts what struck them that was said.

I can’t wait for part 2. This podcast was well done, and the FBI agent seems willing to state what they were not able to corroborate so maybe posters here can scratch things the FBI scratched.

One question

Yellow and the DJ were the same person?
I thought Yellow was the bass player

When I first listened last night, I thought Brad said yellow was the DJ. This made sense because crew tend to have more than one job during the cruise— you see the same people in different positions.

On a second listen today, I think Amy and yellow were among a group of people Amy was with who were requesting songs from the DJ. I’m at lunch and will listen again later.

Brad IMO glosses over yellow and also mentioned He doesn’t know what Amy did after they separated for the night and who knows who Amy could have done anything with from that point on.

I think this pod cast provides a lot of facts and will clear up a lot of rumors and speculation repeated as facts here.

I think Brad is foggy on a lot of details because they were in Aruba all day and then drinking and up all night and then he only got about 4 hours of sleep before they went through the Amy missing nightmare. Exhausted.

Brad also doesn’t know why she might have left so early after having been up all night and sick and he also doesn’t know how she was able to leave the cabin without waking anyone up or why she didn’t leave a note saying where she was going.

Terrorism
Counterintelligence
Cyber Crime
Public Corruption
Civil Rights
Organized Crime
White Collar Crime
Violent Crime
WMD

Special Agent Erin Sheridan works with violent/unusual crimes, hence the reason she is looking at the case, IMO.

I’m assigned to the violent crimes task force working homicides, serial sexual assaults, or serial killings. And I tend to work on the cold cases and the unusual homicides or the unusual crimes. And for me, I am drawn to cold cases.

https://www.fbi.gov/video-repository/fbirecruitingerinsheridan-bwonbu0sqrg1.mov/view

Oh one more odd thing Brad says is that he doesn’t know where the video of Amy and Yellow dancing came from.

Oh and Iva was curled in the fetal position according to Brad though Iva was reported as saying Brad was in the fetal position at the hotel in Curacao.

Brad uses deer in the headlights to parlay his physical state.

It is clear they were exhausted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member