Amy Bradley, 23, Disappeared from cruise ship en route to Curaçao, 24 March 1998 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Everyone,

A reminder. You cannot post links to other discussion forums. No way to tell if what their posters are saying is true or not.

We need to start looking at everything again. What have we missed if anything?

I know it is tempting to post rumors or things someone told you but I swear to you with every fiber of my being that would do much more harm than good.

One of the reasons why Websleuths is respected is because we do everything we can to stay away from rumors.

This is why we do not allow Facebook comments about cases. Facebook is out of control as far as true crime is concerned. It's all wild rumors.

What I am trying to tell you in this rambling post is try going back to the early news articles. Follow up on solid information that can be verified.

Just a suggestion.

Thank you,
Tricia

Thank you, Tricia. I apologize for mentioning another forum as a source. I will refrain from posting about any other forums or blogs in the future.

:sorry:

Hey Everyone,

A reminder. You cannot post links to other discussion forums. No way to tell if what their posters are saying is true or not.

We need to start looking at everything again. What have we missed if anything?

I know it is tempting to post rumors or things someone told you but I swear to you with every fiber of my being that would do much more harm than good.

One of the reasons why Websleuths is respected is because we do everything we can to stay away from rumors.

This is why we do not allow Facebook comments about cases. Facebook is out of control as far as true crime is concerned. It's all wild rumors.

What I am trying to tell you in this rambling post is try going back to the early news articles. Follow up on solid information that can be verified.

Just a suggestion.

Thank you,
Tricia

Not necessarily true..Facebook has some pretty legitimate groups on there for Crime Sleuths like David Gipson Smith, Tara Calico, Zaharias kidnapping and the El Dorado Jane Doe case..You just have to look and you can find it. But i guess theyre not all legit.

The only mention of San Francisco I’ve been able to find has been rumors and other message boards. I believe the info was provided by the VI (which I’m not sure if we are allowed to discuss) on more than one site, but I haven’t found any official articles on the sighting.

I don’t recall that the Vi information is to be considered invalid. Has that been stated? I guess we could use a little more clarification? I also found the SF sighting on True Crime Divas site. Does anyone know if that’s an approved site?

I don’t recall that the Vi information is to be considered invalid. Has that been stated? I guess we could use a little more clarification? I also found the SF sighting on True Crime Divas site. Does anyone know if that’s an approved site?

My guess is True Crime Divas is not an approved site.

A personal opinion based blog established as a means for the author to give opinion/insight into various solved/unsolved cases.

I just don’t see why it hasn’t been reported in MSM, the family, or LE. I mean that’s a pretty big piece of news if true. If these human traffickers trafficked her back into the US at some point, that’s not exactly a small piece of info. I also don’t think the info the VI provided is considered valid, I think we can choose whether or not to believe what VIs post, but I may be wrong.

I just don’t see why it hasn’t been reported in MSM, the family, or LE. I mean that’s a pretty big piece of news if true. If these human traffickers trafficked her back into the US at some point, that’s not exactly a small piece of info. I also don’t think the info the VI provided is considered valid, I think we can choose whether or not to believe what VIs post, but I may be wrong.
I have been a member here since 2003. There are terms of service (rules) that we follow because we don't want to spread false info that could effect a criminal investigation or effect family members. Law enforcement and families/friends do read here. This is why they request that links be from valid MSM. We don't want to relay false info. whether you deem it important or not does not make it fact. It makes it rumor. Here's the link for TOS https://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?159-The-Rules

There is no way to really know if the SF sighting was actually Amy. It seems strange to me that her captors would risk parading her in such a public place. Yes, it may have been a woman in an unhappy or abusive situation, but personally I doubt it was Amy. Why on earth would those who took her, bring her back to America, where she has the most chance of being recognised and/or escaping?

Right. According to all the retellings of the story, the fact that a 23 year old adult was "missing" from the balcony caused alarm.

The word "missing" always reminded me of Scott Peterson saying Laci was "missing" when her family wondered why he used that word immediately when he would have said, "I can't find Laci" "I don't know where Laci is" or "have you seen Laci" in any other circumstance.

(Not drawing parallels with that case, only telling where my mind goes when I re read the initial events).

It seems like there is part of the story missing here.

Brad IIRC went looking for her and by 7am they were in full blown panic mode demanding the captain hold the gangways and not let people off the ship.

I have always wondered if they had a reason why they would panic so quickly. It has always struck me as odd.

If she had gone to breakfast at a dining room instead of the buffet, that would take about 45 minutes.

So instead of thinking, maybe she went to breakfast and then to shoot some hoops, they immediately went into panic mode.

Why?

I've always found this aspect interesting. It was the father who first panicked, from what I recall. Amy was no longer on the balcony, wasn't in bed, and he couldn't see her when he went searching. He seemed to go into full-blown panic mode very swiftly. No idea why. I've not seen any history of depression or anything mentioned. Is it possible that the parents were already uneasy because the photos of Amy had gone missing the previous night....?

I have been a member here since 2003. There are terms of service (rules) that we follow because we don't want to spread false info that could effect a criminal investigation or effect family members. Law enforcement and families/friends do read here. This is why they request that links be from valid MSM. We don't want to relay false info. whether you deem it important or not does not make it fact. It makes it rumor. Here's the link for TOS https://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?159-The-Rules

I’m well aware and not sure why you posted this in response to me? I have not posted a single thing that I “deem important” without a link as far as I know. Thanks tho [emoji1303]

There is no way to really know if the SF sighting was actually Amy. It seems strange to me that her captors would risk parading her in such a public place. Yes, it may have been a woman in an unhappy or abusive situation, but personally I doubt it was Amy. Why on earth would those who took her, bring her back to America, where she has the most chance of being recognised and/or escaping?

It literally makes no sense. How did they “smuggle” her back into the country, especially considering how strict things were after 9/11. If it doesn’t make sense, it’s because it isn’t true imo.

It literally makes no sense. How did they “smuggle” her back into the country, especially considering how strict things were after 9/11. If it doesn’t make sense, it’s because it isn’t true imo.

I tend to agree. It makes sense that Amy may have had 'minders' when out in public shortly after being abducted, but all those years later, in America? No. Too bizarre, and it's already a bizarre case, to my mind.

I tend to agree. It makes sense that Amy may have had 'minders' when out in public shortly after being abducted, but all those years later, in America? No. Too bizarre, and it's already a bizarre case, to my mind.

It’s too outrageous. I personally believe she fell off the ship, but I would be way more open to believing she was trafficked if it wasn’t for narratives that include her being trafficked for insanely lucrative purposes that don’t involve sex or drugs (and trust me, I spent hours googling what other reasons an American woman would be of such lucrative value in the Caribbean, and came up with literally nothing). Of course parents want to believe their child is still alive. I can’t fault the Bradley’s for that. But I think whoever it is that comes on message boards posting (imo) outlandish theories is not doing the family any favors. JMO and all that

Personally, I cannot disregard the San Fran sighting just because it would be hard to smuggle her back into the country. If this sighting was her, I doubt there was any smuggling involved. She would likely have been travelling with a false passport. That makes perfect sense to me.

Personally, I cannot disregard the San Fran sighting just because it would be hard to smuggle her back into the country. If this sighting was her, I doubt there was any smuggling involved. She would likely have been travelling with a false passport. That makes perfect sense to me.

After 9/11? I am not sure if you live in the US, but it got real after 9/11 here. Would be incredible to travel on a fake passport with a missing person who is in Interpol. Why hasn’t the family or LE publicly discussed this sighting? It just doesn’t make sense imo

If this isn’t allowed, mods, please delete. What are people’s thoughts on what Amy is being used for? Since the VI made it very clear it’s not sex or drug trafficking. What else could it be? That they felt it so necessary to bring her back into the US at some point? What could Amy provide them that a woman from the Caribbean could not? I just can’t wrap my head around what could make an American woman so valuable if not drug or sex trafficking.

I have been researching this San Fran sighting for a few days now.
Quite interesting.
It is interesting how there are absolutely no official reports of this sighting.
Yet we have 2 sketches of suspects linked to this sighting. Where did those sketches come from?

After looking into this quite extensively, I am inclined to believe that the San Francisco sighting is valid. But, I do not believe we should discuss it any further for the time being. I believe this is still a very active case.

After 9/11? I am not sure if you live in the US, but it got real after 9/11 here. Would be incredible to travel on a fake passport with a missing person who is in Interpol. Why hasn’t the family or LE publicly discussed this sighting? It just doesn’t make sense imo

Sometimes things don’t make sense when you don’t have all of the information. JMO

And sometimes nothing makes sense. I fell down the rabbit hole and caused a lot of anxiety for myself and my husband recently about this case. I don’t know what happened and why this is a cause of anxiety for me but I feel awful for her and her family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been researching this San Fran sighting for a few days now.
Quite interesting.
It is interesting how there are absolutely no official reports of this sighting.
Yet we have 2 sketches of suspects linked to this sighting. Where did those sketches come from?

After looking into this quite extensively, I am inclined to believe that the San Francisco sighting is valid. But, I do not believe we should discuss it any further for the time being. I believe this is still a very active case.

I don’t discredit the San Francisco sighting either. The FBI had deemed it credible enough to have drawn up 2 sketches of potential suspects, IMO.

I don’t discredit the San Francisco sighting either. The FBI had deemed it credible enough to have drawn up 2 sketches of potential suspects, IMO.

Did they state that those sketches were from the SF sighting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow