An arrest has been made!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Okay, first my PC locked up and I had to scramble to get the first info TS gave, then my puppy pooped on the sofa (sick from mange-dip) in the middle of it and I had to clean that up, so.....WHAT DID I MISS? lol "Please recount the press conference!"
I did gather from this 10am conference ( yes I made it!) that Melissa is on NO-bail status, and that we may learn more when she is arraigned on Tues. the 14th in Manteca, and that the church is open for Easter services...
This is what I got:

I know, it makes no sense why they would continue to let her play there.

If the family was in "disbelief" at who the arrestee was, then the drugging-of-Sandra-earlier incident must not have occurred, or at least have been intentional. Because if somebody drugged my daughter and then, not long later, my daughter disappeared, I know at whom I'd be pointing my finger.

If the story about the previous drugging turns out to be true, I'm stunned anew at the implications. It really raises the pedophilia flag higher, and how would the parents ever allow her out of that house again, really?

My theory:

I wonder if it will come out that MH swore up and down at the time that Sandra got into some Nyquil or her medicine cabinet and "OMG, I'm so sorry; I installed a lock just this second!" or that Sandra started feeling poorly at her house and she gave her some Robitussin or something. I, as a parent, would be very upset if a non-parent/grandparent gave my child medicine of any kind, but maybe Sandra's family felt like it was dealt with and charges wouldn't be pressed.

Turns out the drugging would prove to be very intentional, and it was done again, this time with fatal consequences. I think Sandra was unconscious, but alive, when she was placed in the suitcase, but soon suffocated because of the waterproof lining. She first took her to the church and was going to bury the suitcase in the crawl space, but determined she didn't have enough room to make that effort. So, the rentention pond was an afterthoughht. Disorganized crime and all.

I'm thinking molestation was the motive, but maybe it never happened. Things went awry.

So sad.

If the family was in "disbelief" at who the arrestee was, then the drugging-of-Sandra-earlier incident must not have occurred, or at least have been intentional. Because if somebody drugged my daughter and then, not long later, my daughter disappeared, I know at whom I'd be pointing my finger.

Beleive what you want. But I just re read the presser from yesterday. Even the media asked about Melissa being involved with a drugging and Sexuall abuse of a a 7 year old girl last year. Hmms 6 months ago Sandra was seven. Conect the dots.Also Melissa was put in th hospital the same day Sandra was fond. More then likely a bleeding ulcer worrying if she would be caught

As a Side note KUDOS to the TPD for playing this one so close to the vest.

I missed the link to Sandra being the 7 year old drugged 6 months prior. Could someone help me out?

I missed the link to Sandra being the 7 year old drugged 6 months prior. Could someone help me out?

A coworker of mine told me at work yesterday. I might add after he told me he said peoples jaws will drop when an arrest is made. But it was also mention in the presser yesterday about Melissa drugging and abusing a 7 year old last month. Without saying the childs name.

If the story about the previous drugging turns out to be true, I'm stunned anew at the implications. It really raises the pedophilia flag higher, and how would the parents ever allow her out of that house again, really?

My theory:

I wonder if it will come out that MH swore up and down at the time that Sandra got into some Nyquil or her medicine cabinet and "OMG, I'm so sorry; I installed a lock just this second!" or that Sandra started feeling poorly at her house and she gave her some Robitussin or something. I, as a parent, would be very upset if a non-parent/grandparent gave my child medicine of any kind, but maybe Sandra's family felt like it was dealt with and charges wouldn't be pressed.

Turns out the drugging would prove to be very intentional, and it was done again, this time with fatal consequences. I think Sandra was unconscious, but alive, when she was placed in the suitcase, but soon suffocated because of the waterproof lining. She first took her to the church and was going to bury the suitcase in the crawl space, but determined she didn't have enough room to make that effort. So, the rentention pond was an afterthoughht. Disorganized crime and all.

I'm thinking molestation was the motive, but maybe it never happened. Things went awry.

So sad.
good theory, but then what is your view on the fact that Sandra come over to play then sent away and came back? TYIA

good theory, but then what is your view on the fact that Sandra come over to play then sent away and came back? TYIA

I'm not that familiar with the timeline surrounding that, but could she have been the one to summon her own sister? Did she go home to ask her parents if she could go to bible study or grab something (small, obviously) and bring it back?

I really have no clue, but she seemed like she was in a good mood on the way back. Not like a child who has just been told 'no' when asking for permission or anything else, etc. Again, I don't know what happened when and I wish I was more clear there.

They lived pretty close. Maybe she wanted something from her own house to drink or wanted to use her own bathroom because Melissa's was gross. Or to get a cookie. So many possibilities.

Here you go, NJ:

A coworker of mine told me at work yesterday. I might add after he told me he said peoples jaws will drop when an arrest is made. But it was also mention in the presser yesterday about Melissa drugging and abusing a 7 year old last month. Without saying the childs name.

I had heard the phone interview already, but didn't hear Sandra's name mentioned. . .hence my confusion. So, the info actually came from a local?!

Thanks for the prompt responses and the help.

Beleive what you want. But I just re read the presser from yesterday. Even the media asked about Melissa being involved with a drugging and Sexual abuse of a a 7 year old girl last year. Hmms 6 months ago Sandra was seven. Conect the dots.Also Melissa was put in the hospital the same day Sandra was found. More then likely a bleeding ulcer worrying if she would be caught

As a Side note KUDOS to the TPD for playing this one so close to the vest.
Maybe Sandra didn't connect Melissa to her drugging either. It is possible she had no memory of events leading up to her being drugged or if a sexual assault did take place. This would have made it more difficult to pin it back on Melissa as the perp at the time. If TPD found no drugs in their investigation which were consistent with what was found in Sandra's system and Sandra could not point the finger at Melissa as being responsible either...there isn't much they could do legally, imo. They have to have evidence.

I think it is possible she tried to commit suicide, but I don't buy the razor story. Could be bleeding ulcers...but I am thinking more of a drug issue there.

So! She's the one who claimed to find the note from the KILLER? She obviously wrote it but why?

I didn't even know the rummage sale story came from her to Fred! Or anything about Target..Ugh! I wish I had kept up better! :mad:

Hi Amysmom, I had not kept up either, lost about 24 hrs reading. Last night I read till 5am this morning. To catch up, I read on the Melissa thread of posts from about 7pm till 2am. I hope you catch up. Nonni

:blowkiss:

Maybe Sandra didn't connect Melissa to her drugging either. It is possible she had no memory of events leading up to her being drugged or if a sexual assault did take place. This would have made it more difficult to pin it back on Melissa as the perp at the time. If TPD found no drugs in their investigation which were consistent with what was found in Sandra's system and Sandra could not point the finger at Melissa as being responsible either...there isn't much they could do legally, imo. They have to have evidence.

I think it is possible she tried to commit suicide, but I don't buy the razor story. Could be bleeding ulcers...but I am thinking more of a drug issue there.
You may be onto something about Sandra not being aware Melissa drugged her. There was earlier talk of Melissa using Benzo's- Rohypenol, which IIRC (feel free to correct me, SeekingJana) takes away your memory of the events...

snipped<<searched the mobile home Huckaby shared with her grandparents>>

LE had enough evidence from Melissa. Her fingerprints were probably the only ones on the suitcase. What's scary is:

1. She was a Sunday school teacher, how many other kids has she drugged and molested, and gotten away with it?
2. It is a known fact that the cycle of abuse is carried through the family
3. Did the Pastor have any involvement or unknown history of doing this to children?
How long has this been going on?
4. If she turned herself in, how come all the evidence turned towards her?
5. I am disgusted
6. Female predators need to have a closer look in LE, all of us were looking at a man!!

LE and the FBI did an exceptional job here...Bravo!!

This case just boggles the mind. I feel so sick to think this women would kill this child that played with her daughter. Just when you think you have heard everything then another case comes up that's out of the ordinary. Thank God they solved this before other children were hurt.

BRAVO TPD!!!

I was shocked when I heard who it was. Shows that we should never assume anything. Shame on me for thinking it was a man.

I'm also floored hearing that Sandra was possibly (or definitely) was DRUGGED by MH 6 months ago. WTH?!?! What in the world is going on! I cannot even imagine that Sandra's family would allow her anywhere near that home ever again.

In any event, thank goodness an arrest was swift and Sandra will have her justice.

I am in utter shock!

with that... I have been reading up on PC 187 and PC 187(a)

which is what MH is in jail for : http://207.104.50.87/WhosInCustody/...89C93EB37E3E3935AF77065CF16B412EA88CAECE6BC53

I looked up PC 187... found this....

187 is basicly MURDER...

this is what the (A) means....bold by me

Section 187, subdivision (a), defines murder as the "unlawful killing of a human being, or a fetus, with malice aforethought,"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back