An arrest has been made!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am still contemplating the note. She mentions this in the same breath as attending the vigil of Sandra. She supposedly found it in front of Sandra's house after she attended the vigil the night after Sandra went missing. The note gives the exact location of where she dumped Sandra.

IMO, This shows Melissa:

1) wants to make herself sound like she cared for Sandra by going to the vigil.

2) adds a degree of vengence towards the family by the information supposedly being within their grasp to know where she put Sandra.

3) chose the words to mimic those of a psychic type revelation which gives a sense of power to her.

4) making up the note at all is an act of defiance against the police since she followed it up with if they had listened to her sooner they could have found Sandra sooner speech.

I don't find any remorse, guilt, or sense of feeling in it. She is very much in control in her mind. This was a dig to Sandra, to the family, the community, and to LE. It was quite wicked, imo.

Great post SS, I thought she went to the hospital the night Sandra was found and then I read somewhere today she found the note on her mailbox right before she went to the hospital. Who knows about that. With so much coming out things get mixed up. xox

PS: Thanks for the pm ;}

It seems that MH really told on herself to get caught by telling the LE and reporters different stories. I think many of us were watching. I have read up on the theory of the Munchausen by proxy and now, oh boy, that's my sister! J/K LOL

But to be honest, I did experience someone with that. Very very very odd experience to witness. Not family but a coworkers spouse. Whewww! Scarey also but everyday for about 6 months, a new story and injury or event. Physical injuries too sometimes that I saw. It was so unbelievable to watch, like a bad soap opera.

Whoever this MH is, hopefully, it will unfold soon.

May you rest in peace Sandra. My prayers are with you and your family.

Thanks Steely Dan for reminding me of that, I think....

Wait, hold on a second...

It was the mother of a child that told them Sandra said she was going to run away? I thought it was originally "a five year-old playmate." I don't have the link, but I remember that from the first day or two of the disappearance.

First of all, the mother opted not to chase Sandra down? Or was it that she was told in retrospect? That makes sense.

Second of all---I don't even have a second of all-- yes I do:

If Sandra DID tell her little friend that she was running away, could this be something that Melissa goaded her into? Filling her head with either exciting plans and/or resentment toward her parents? Kids can be very gullible at that age, or at least I was. It'd be a way to get Sandra to go with her willingly if they indeed left the MHP, which I believe they did. I mean, why bring Sandra's sister into this?

Maybe this has all been said, but maybe Sandra did "run away" at the very manipulation of the person who wanted to do her harm. That's why she left and came back (if that happened) perhaps, because she wanted to tell someone she was going away.

I know LE said the backpack never existed, but wow, what a smoking gun that would be in this case.

It seems that MH really told on herself to get caught by telling the LE and reporters different stories. I think many of us were watching. I have read up on the theory of the Munchausen by proxy and now, oh boy, that's my sister! J/K LOL

But to be honest, I did experience someone with that. Very very very odd experience to witness. Not family but a coworkers spouse. Whewww! Scarey also but everyday for about 6 months, a new story and injury or event. Physical injuries too sometimes that I saw. It was so unbelievable to watch, like a bad soap opera.

Whoever this MH is, hopefully, it will unfold soon.

May you rest in peace Sandra. My prayers are with you and your family.

Thanks Steely Dan for reminding me of that, I think....

Hi Dr Know, Thanks for the post. I have decided Steely Dan picked the perfect nik. LOL I often read his posts and then sit back to contemplate. Actually we have simply excellent posters working on this case. xox

Scandi, I'll add xxxoo to your post. Thanks. (this post will diappear in five minutes. To clean up the thread only.) LOL!

I was told by a friend whose child was missing and murdered that the FBI can come in on any case when someone under 18 is missing. Of course, just what she said so I can't verify 100 percent. Local LE can ask for help also.

IMO it wouldn't be hard in a case like this to have a kidnap charge added. Holding someone against their will is pretty easy to do when an 8 y/o is involved.

Yes, this is true and correct. Any time a child is taken, whether from one car to another or one house to another, or even from one room to another against their will and a report is made to LE, it is kidnapping under federal law. The FBI has jurisdiction over all child kidnapping cases, if they wish to step in and exercise their jurisdiction rights.

IOW, had John Ramsey not " found" JonBenet Ramsey's body in the basement, the FBI would have been in on the case that day, due to the presence of a ransom note which indicated there was a kidnapping.

Yes, this is true and correct. Any time a child is taken, whether from one car to another or one house to another, or even from one room to another against their will and a report is made to LE, it is kidnapping under federal law. The FBI has jurisdiction over all child kidnapping cases, if they wish to step in and exercise their jurisdiction rights.

IOW, had John Ramsey not " found" JonBenet Ramsey's body in the basement, the FBI would have been in on the case that day, due to the presence of a ransom note which indicated there was a kidnapping.

Thanks for that SeekingJana, I didn't know that about a ransom note.

MomofBoys says:

I know LE said the backpack never existed, but wow, what a smoking gun that would be in this case.

I would swear that Sandra has her backpack on as she skips down the street to Melissa's place. Is that what LE is talking about? I heard that she was going to Melissa's home anyway.

I just can't figure out what the motive is in this murder. If Sandra had played over at the Pastor's home numerous times and nothing happened why did Melissa decide to murder her that time. I remember the Pastor's wife saying that Sandra and her family were like family to the Pastor's family.

Sandra trusted this woman. I think the molestation is a rumor because I read a list of arrests for Melissa and there was nothing like that on it. Nothing about drugging Sandra either. Probably someone wanting to juice up the story. I would think if Melissa did something like that and got arrested her daughter would not be living with her. She may have thought she was going to molest Sandra and Sandra fought her or refused and it ended in murder.

It sounds like she either choked Sandra or beat her with something as they haven't found the murder weapon yet. I'm still in shock over this being done by a female:furious: An abduction and murder is usually done by males unless the child belongs to the molester or killer.

MomofBoys says:

I would swear that Sandra has her backpack on as she skips down the street to Melissa's place. Is that what LE is talking about? I heard that she was going to Melissa's home anyway.

I just can't figure out what the motive is in this murder. If Sandra had played over at the Pastor's home numerous times and nothing happened why did Melissa decide to murder her that time. I remember the Pastor's wife saying that Sandra and her family were like family to the Pastor's family.

Sandra trusted this woman. I think the molestation is a rumor because I read a list of arrests for Melissa and there was nothing like that on it. Nothing about drugging Sandra either. Probably someone wanting to juice up the story. I would think if Melissa did something like that and got arrested her daughter would not be living with her. She may have thought she was going to molest Sandra and Sandra fought her or refused and it ended in murder.

It sounds like she either choked Sandra or beat her with something as they haven't found the murder weapon yet. I'm still in shock over this being done by a female:furious: An abduction and murder is usually done by males unless the child belongs to the molester or killer.

Hi Bobbiesangel, I could swear she had a backpack too, in fact she had her right hand clutched at her chest on what looked like a strap to me - so it wouldn't slide off her shoulder. Just what I think I saw. Didn't LE say right away she had a backpack and then changed it right away? Probably info for a smoking gun they didn't want out there. I could be dreaming, right? LOL

Females are just as capable of this kind of crime as males are. Why is it that we catagorize crimes by "labels"? Race, color, ethnicity, gender..... It was a human being that did this to sandra. That is the label that is the most frightening.

Ok, so I saw my roommate's 1997 yearbook. There she is. My roommate remembers her from a mathclass they had together. She said melissa seemed immature and sheltered. She did not like her and found her to be "annoyingly religious".

Females are just as capable of this kind of crime as males are. Why is it that we catagorize crimes by "labels"? Race, color, ethnicity, gender..... It was a human being that did this to sandra. That is the label that is the most frightening.

Hi Sharedspirit, I agree, but think we categorize crimes to help profilers do their work.

I'm just tripping out right now. I'm staring at her highschool year book photo. My roomamte called her friend who lives in san Fran. He had been talking about this case with his mom today and about Melissa Huckaby. He had no clue it was Melissa Lawless who they went to highschool with. It is bizarre that a websleuths case can be remotely connected to anyone I know.

Hi Sharedspirit, I agree, but think we categorize crimes to help profilers do their work.

I know, but it still bugs the heck out of me. I wouldn't make a good profiler! Tonight, I can't sleep because I'm thinking about Melissa's daughter....and tomorrow is Easter.

I was looking at the poster pics of Sandra. There are two of them, one where she has dark hair, one where she seems blonde. Is that my computer screen? When I first saw her picture on the news, I thought she was 14 or 15. Looks are very deceiving.

I know, but it still bugs the heck out of me. I wouldn't make a good profiler! Tonight, I can't sleep because I'm thinking about Melissa's daughter....and tomorrow is Easter.

I was looking at the poster pics of Sandra. There are two of them, one where she has dark hair, one where she seems blonde. Is that my computer screen? When I first saw her picture on the news, I thought she was 14 or 15. Looks are very deceiving.

It's not just your screen. I've noticed the blond vs dark brown hair on my own computer and on television reports. From the first time I saw them I wondered why she had such a drastic difference in hair color. One wouldn't dye an 8yr old's hair... or would they?

The majority of the time it is men who rape, abduct, kill, and do the serial killing. It was natural to think a man had abducted Sandra. If Websleuthers had known all the facts like LE, many here would have been saying early on that it was the Pastor's grand daughter.

It's not just your screen. I've noticed the blond vs dark brown hair on my own computer and on television reports. From the first time I saw them I wondered why she had such a drastic difference in hair color. One wouldn't dye an 8yr old's hair... or would they?

I think some would especially if an older sister had treated her own hair. I thought it looked pretty and maybe like highlights or one of those glosses or tinted glaze for shine that wears off after awhile. I'd think hair dye would look reddish. Sandra's hair was so dark that it would have had to be bleached to not be brassy, and it didn't look bleached and toned to me.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsGriss
Back