An arrest has been made!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Happy Easter everyone! I know this is a no-no but I was wondering if someone could give me a quick update as to motive, where she was murdered etc if they've announced anything since her arrest?

None of that yet. It looks like from LE activity that the church is the crime scene. JMO

Sincerely not meaning to offend anyone by mentioning this guy....but I'm surprised he hasn't shown up on the scene yet. I hope Geragos will offer to "defend" MH, because that will ensure her conviction. p.s. he makes me sick!

Okay, I am going to try to insert the picture of MH from her 97' yearbook. here we go:

Attachments

• yearbookscan.jpg
    yearbookscan.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 91
Yay! It worked! We circled her in red. If you click a couple times, it will get bigger.

We let one daughter get highlights at 8 because her hair was darkening and it was important to her. It wasn't really noticeable, and she apparently got it out of her system because she's never wanted to dye it again and she's an adult now. Another daughter started dying hers at 12 or 13 and has continued to get more extreme with the colors and styles (think Cindi Lauper's 80's). It fits her personality and style, and I would hate to see her change.

Our theory in child raising was pick your fights carefully. I didn't see "style" - at any age - worth fighting about. It must have worked, all our kids have turned out well behaved, respectful, no serious problems at all.

I wouldn't get caught up over the hair dying.

Ok, I let my kids dye their hair too, but NOT at 8 yrs old! Wow. I think mine started dabbling at about 13.

We let one daughter get highlights at 8 because her hair was darkening and it was important to her. It wasn't really noticeable, and she apparently got it out of her system because she's never wanted to dye it again and she's an adult now. Another daughter started dying hers at 12 or 13 and has continued to get more extreme with the colors and styles (think Cindi Lauper's 80's). It fits her personality and style, and I would hate to see her change.

Our theory in child raising was pick your fights carefully. I didn't see "style" - at any age - worth fighting about. It must have worked, all our kids have turned out well behaved, respectful, no serious problems at all.

I wouldn't get caught up over the hair dying.
Oh, I agree with you 100% on this one!! It is a very harmless way to allow self-expression and they tend to gravitate back towards norm eventually. ;) Part of growing up is exploring personal traits and preferences. Some little girls like bows in their hair while other little girls may want to go black with red stripes in their hair. :) Pick your battles is right on the money!

With Sandra having older female siblings and close maternal aunts etc., it doesn't surprise me she would want to be part of dying her hair, doing her nails, and emulating those she held in high esteem. It is no big deal, imo.

Okay, I am going to try to insert the picture of MH from her 97' yearbook. here we go:

You Rock!!! :rocker:

Thanks!

She looks like any other student. She doesn't look evil at all. I wonder what happened to her inbetween that picture and her mug shot. :waitasec:

The mug shot of MH reminds me of pictures from America's Top Model - some of those are really frightening also! MH looks like she has watched the TV show, and she is posing for the camera with an "intense" look. I do not see remorse at all.

Outside of a sexual motive, anyone have a theory about motive? Some religious psychotic thing (saving her soul)? Could MH's daughter have shared a family secret with her "best friend"? Or is she going to say it was an accident, like Sandra got into her stash of drugs? What do you guys think?

Outside of a sexual motive, anyone have a theory about motive? Some religious psychotic thing (saving her soul)? Could MH's daughter have shared a family secret with her "best friend"? Or is she going to say it was an accident, like Sandra got into her stash of drugs? What do you guys think?

Hey Zanko - head over to the 'Theories Thread'. Some interesting stuff over there. I am sticking to the MBP theory because it is the only one that I can get to "fit" the facts as we know them.

I think this is important to note:

In talking with CBS 5, Huckaby repeatedly denied any involvement by Lawless in Sandra's disappearance and police previously said he was not at the center of their probe.

Investigators spent so much time at the nearby church, Sgt. Sheneman said, because Huckaby was a Sunday School teacher there.

It was after Friday's second search of the church that police requested Huckaby come in for questioning.

http://cbs5.com/local/sandra.cantu.arrest.2.982515.html (Bolded by me)

Hi donnam

Sorry to hear you're going through a rough time! :(

I hope you're wrong about Sandra suffering before she died. LE seems to be reporting that Sandra died before she was even reported missing, so, hopefully that might mean that she died quickly!

You're right. I stand corrected.

The first time he addresses the question he says she was id'd "by the clothing she was last seen wearing". But when asked specifically "was she fully clothed" he did answer yes.

Thank you!

You're welcome...I was sure I had heard him say it, but I had to go looking for the exact quote/video.

I hope I am not repeating something that has already been discussed, if I am just ignore me (again) :) I tend to do this...Heh.

Where is Melissa's child and who has her?

Sandra was friendly with Huckaby's 5-year-old daughter, but the young girl has been on a planned trip with Huckaby's mother since the day after Sandra went missing.

http://www.mercurynews.com/topstories/ci_12128530

I don't know if CPS would remove this child from her Grandmother's care? I assume she is still with her Maternal Grandmother?

Wait, hold on a second...

It was the mother of a child that told them Sandra said she was going to run away? I thought it was originally "a five year-old playmate." I don't have the link, but I remember that from the first day or two of the disappearance.

First of all, the mother opted not to chase Sandra down? Or was it that she was told in retrospect? That makes sense.

Second of all---I don't even have a second of all-- yes I do:

If Sandra DID tell her little friend that she was running away, could this be something that Melissa goaded her into? Filling her head with either exciting plans and/or resentment toward her parents? Kids can be very gullible at that age, or at least I was. It'd be a way to get Sandra to go with her willingly if they indeed left the MHP, which I believe they did. I mean, why bring Sandra's sister into this?

Maybe this has all been said, but maybe Sandra did "run away" at the very manipulation of the person who wanted to do her harm. That's why she left and came back (if that happened) perhaps, because she wanted to tell someone she was going away.

I know LE said the backpack never existed, but wow, what a smoking gun that would be in this case.

Interesting ideas! I wonder.....
Before I read your post, I was just thinking that perhaps Sandra had a bad feeling about things that were going on in the mobile home park,maybe things that MH or whoever, were doing, and she had a gut feeling that she needed to get away from them?

I hope I am not repeating something that has already been discussed, if I am just ignore me (again) :) I tend to do this...Heh.

Where is Melissa's child and who has her?

http://www.mercurynews.com/topstories/ci_12128530

I don't know if CPS would remove this child from her Grandmother's care? I assume she is still with her Maternal Grandmother?

I hadn't heard this information. Where did you find out that Melissa's daughter and mother were on a planned trip since the day after Sandra went missing? I didn't even know they were gone, and I underlined "planned" because if so, MH knew they were going away (without her). So she kills Sandra the day before? Is it some kind of weird related irony that she put her into a suitcase?
Oh well--I am probably going way off base. My brain is tired of trying to figure out how MH's mind works.

Check the irrigation pond thread. IIRC the pond was full that day, but I may be mixed up also.

Thanks, chicagofa13. The pond was full that day, I have since discovered. Sgt. Sheneman said this at the press conference where Chief of Police Thiessen told us that Sandra's body was indeed in the suitcase.

I hadn't heard this information. Where did you find out that Melissa's daughter and mother were on a planned trip since the day after Sandra went missing? I didn't even know they were gone, and I underlined "planned" because if so, MH knew they were going away (without her). So she kills Sandra the day before? Is it some kind of weird related irony that she put her into a suitcase?
Oh well--I am probably going way off base. My brain is tired of trying to figure out how MH's mind works.

Columbo the quoted text portion in my post was a snip from the article I linked. It was there that I read that Sandra's daughter was on a planned trip with her Maternal Grandmother. Just a Media report.

Columbo the quoted text portion in my post was a snip from the article I linked. It was there that I read that Sandra's daughter was on a planned trip with her Maternal Grandmother. Just a Media report.

Hi Kat! My brain must be shorting out. I'll have to go back to the article...I guess I missed that part!! Thanks!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsGriss
Back