An arrest has been made!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
SS Not really nothing new. But My Hat is off to Both The TPD and the DA for playing this one so close to the vest. Who knows what will come out at the Arringment

Yes. It means premeditation.

ETA: Is it time yet? Is it time yet? Is it time yet? (drumming my fingers on the desk)

I can't read the complaint. Are there any surprises there?

No. I just wanted to read it and not take the news medias' word for it. :crazy:

Did I link it wrong? It's a pdf file. Sorry about that.

ETA: I just checked it and it works for me. I put it on the docs thread as well. Perhaps someone can download it and post it if others are having a problem getting it open?

Does anyone know which stations (2?) will have the pool cameras?

News 10 said they have a seat in the courtroom so some coverage should be on there when it's over...

No - but the reading of it takes your breath away and might make you cry. :(

Salem
Both happen frequently with this case anyway. :( It feels like I have been kicked in the gut daily since I started following this horrible case.

I warned people early on the brutality of this case might be difficult to handle. I haven't changed my feelings or opinions on it and this is only the beginning. Reading the face of Sgt. Sheneman was enough for me to confirm how horrific things coming out will be. (sigh)

I agree SS - this may be the most brutal, detailed case I have followed so far, and I admit, I may be stepping back alot. :(

Salem

Oops. Sorry Salem! I see you just posted the link. I'll 'try' and delete my post.

Forgive me if this has been asked already, but does she have to submit a plea at today's arraignment, or can it be postponed?

I can't read the complaint. Are there any surprises there?

I don't know if this is standard wording, but it's disturbing. I read this as Sandra was killed during the act of molestation or immediately after while attempting to flee? Am I translating this correctly?

Line 5 SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCE:LEWD or LASCIVIOUS
It is further alleged that the murder of Sandra Cantu, was committed by Melissa Huckaby, while the said DEFENDANT was/were engaged in the commission, attempted commission or immediate flight after the commission, or attempted commision, of the crime of the performance of lewd or lascivious acts upon the person of a child on or under the age of 14....

EDITED to add: The next charge is RAPE by Foreign Object
with the same wording as above.

I'm a little sick after reading it. This is so vile. :(

MSNBC said we just missed an impromtu press conference from the DA's office. Anyone catch it?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver
Back