Analysis of Casey's Clothes and Body Language

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the pre-court part too, and I couldn't help but notice that Casey has some sort of strange itch or irritation of her palms.

It sort of reminds me of Shakespeares' MacBeth where Lady MacBeth is constantly scrubbing her hands and saying, "out damned spot!"

Is this a rash, a nervous habit, or a psychological giveaway or body language that should be interpreted somehow?

It was quite striking how she was constantly rubbing and scratching at her palms and fingers. Take a look, and see if you agree.

LOL! I agree!

Oh well, I guess the defense has its focus group now. I'd say it's an overall thumbs down, hehe.

JB can try to change her outward appearance all he wants, but she will still be as evil inside as she ever was. She cannot control how she comes across because she has no feelings or emotions. She also feels (IMO) that this is all a game and she will win in the end and walk out to enjoy her life as she wants. I say the look was not her today and it looked fake, too severe. I don't understand why they cannot just come to court in the jail jumpsuit.

I don't care what she wore to court. I don't care how she wore her hair. I don't care if she had on makeup or not. I don't care if she's gained weight. I don't care if she smiled or not. All I care about is ARE HER FINGERPRINTS ON THE DUCT TAPE! (Please let them be.)

And KC has made that choice, long ago. KC compartmentalizes her life and actions. Her current actions reflect this. The murder has been tucked away in her mind and she is relishing in the media attention, the attention from JB, the jail staff and the courts as well.

She follows the path she creates, never mindful of the wake of disaster she leaves behind. As has been discussed in numerous threads, she will play the part SHE thinks will influence others to believe the part she is playing.

In some small way, we all play a part in life everyday. Difference is, we abide by society's rules and don't murder anyone, much less our child.

What a Great Post:clap::clap::clap:

I don't care what she wore to court. I don't care how she wore her hair. I don't care if she had on makeup or not. I don't care if she's gained weight. I don't care if she smiled or not. All I care about is ARE HER FINGERPRINTS ON THE DUCT TAPE! (Please let them be.)

:clap::clap::clap:

Standing Ovation!

In one respect, Casey is like most of us ......... she looks better with her makeup on.

Try going for a job interview wearing T-shirts, shorts and flip-flops. They will turn you down in a NY minute. You are judged by what you wear and your clothes reflect who you are. If you dress inappropriately, it shows you don't think much of yourself, so why should a prospective employer? Or a judge and jury.
I don't mean YOU, personally, I mean you in a general sense.

we aren't talking about a job interview though..she doesn't really have much choice of what to wear.

1.prison issue clothes
2.what JB provides for her to wear

if casey herself were allowed to choose from her own clothes then that would be different, but she doesn't have that choice...so in that regard, it's kind of a waste of time to judge her on her clothes. it's not like JB is going to make her wear some low cut/high cut dress with CFM heels to court.

I agree with you re: the need to have someone work with Casey before trial. The defense is in dire need of an image consultant. I would imagine that they'll hire a jury consultant before trial, but it's pretty obvious they need some image consulting asap.

I also wonder what LKB's influence will have-- maybe she suggested today's makeover? I think she should sit between Casey and Baez, to start. :rolleyes:

And in response to the general question of the thread: image absolutely matters. Especially for female criminal defendants, IMO. I don't know what was going on today, but the attempted makeover resonated as just odd. Casey's hair is also starting to grey, IMO.
I think her appearance struck us as "odd" because we've been inundated with photos like the Hot Body contest, the Anything But Clothes Party, and such. And I agree the hairdo was a bit severe, especially sans make-up and jewelry. But, again, the options are limited. Are incarcerated defendants allowed to wear make-up and jewelry for trial? Barrettes or combs? Can their lawyers bring them a selection of outfits to try on for size and fit?

He needs to make sure she wears her glasses next time. Perhaps a pencil stuck in the bun (like chopsticks) would also help with the studious, lawyerly look that they are so clearly trying to create.

I agree... and the bun was too loose. I don't think it gave her the look he was aiming for.

we aren't talking about a job interview though..she doesn't really have much choice of what to wear.

1.prison issue clothes

if casey herself were allowed to choose from her own clothes then that would be different, but she doesn't have that choice...so in that regard, it's kind of a waste of time to judge her on her clothes. it's not like JB is going to make her wear some low cut/high cut dress with CFM heels to court.

You're right. I normally wouldn't be so catty. I just don't like her very much.

"one thing you can't hide, is when you're crippled inside"/John Sebastian

:furious:

1.prison issue clothes

if casey herself were allowed to choose from her own clothes then that would be different, but she doesn't have that choice...so in that regard, it's kind of a waste of time to judge her on her clothes. it's not like JB is going to make her wear some low cut/high cut dress with CFM he

I would npt judge her on any OUTWARD appearance........It's what EMANATES from within that Everyone Sees:furious::behindbar:furious::behindbar

I think her appearance struck us as "odd" because we've been inundated with photos like the Hot Body contest, the Anything But Clothes Party, and such. And I agree the hairdo was a bit severe, especially sans make-up and jewelry. But, again, the options are limited. Are incarcerated defendants allowed to wear make-up and jewelry for trial? Barrettes or combs? Can their lawyers bring them a selection of outfits to try on for size and fit?

I don't know about Florida but in CT where I was jailed we were allowed that option. Most women gain weight while in jail and have to have someone buy them a new outfit or two and where I'm from we got to try them on before court.

ETA- ITA with Nancy, they need someone sitting between them while in court!

1.prison issue clothes

True -- it could have been worse -- she could have looked like Punkin Pie's first appearance at Phil Spector's first trial.

All I know is I saw some pics of her demeanor in court today and couldn't believe this is the woman whose father attempted suicide last week. If she doesn't care about her trashed baby (old news! get over it!) you'd think she'd be a little more somber thinking she'd almost lost her dad. TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE!

:clap::clap::clap:

ITA !! I could care less wtf she is wearing- she could care less that her daughter is dead (even if she didn't kill her) and that her father WANTS to be dead!

That is true, and the key word for court is "conservative". I used to tell my clients to dress like they were going to church, otherwise they walked in wearing cut-off shorts, halters and flip flops. And the jumpsuit makes a person look like a prisoner, not like your neighbor. So I don't criticize the suit.

To be On T, I think appearance does matter subconsciously to a jury.

I agree but I also think if you can sit and not laugh, smile and flirt with your lawyer , you can be wearing a paper bag and it will mean all that more to a jury.

True -- it could have been worse -- she could have looked like Punkin Pie's first appearance at Phil Spector's first trial.

IT REALLY DOESN'T MATTER what she looks like? For the discerning Eye, those that SEE beyond, ....It's Elementary!

I am still not ruling out her being pregnant. Her face was full, her breasts appeared fuller, and her back side did not fit into whatever bottoms went with that grey jacket. I will have to decide at the next hering I guess.

Overall she did not look bad, just not good. She looked uncomfortable and bored. I agree with the poster who wrote that she and JB looked like flirtatious highschoolers having a pen fight. It was as if she was teasing him for not having a pen, as if the situation was typical between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela