"And she will be just like she was"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think that was Casey wishing she could undo what she had done, not for Caylee but for herself, since it landed her behind bars, took away her freedom to party etc.

I think in her fantasy mind, she was wishing Caylee could return just as she was, so she could get out of this mess & go on with her life of partying.

I think that it was a statement of regret, wishing she had not been so spiteful and done what she did ... not for Caylee but because she was in a lot of trouble stuck in jail and wanted out and wanted to move on. She wanted her life back.

Looks like we posted the exact same thoughts just about the same time!

Solace, I am sure you are right but I meant no disrespect to Caylee. My phrasing was meant to represent my concept of Casey's attitude.

I apologize to anyone unpet by my seemingly insensitive remark.

You are the most sensitive person I know here @ WS, I know you meant no disrespect to Caylee. :blowkiss:

You know, the statement does really stand out as odd. My kids spend most of the summer with their dad. When they get back, they are taller, have new freckles, their hair is longer, lighter, they've had new experiences, done new things, and have grown in all kinds of ways. Why? Because that is what kids do and when you aren't with them for any bit of time, you notice those changes immediately.

And when your child is 2...those changes happen in days sometimes, not weeks. So, she'll be just as she was is ridiculous coming out of any parent's mouth, if they are talking about a living, breathing, growing child.

It definitely rubs me the wrong way to hear her say it.

Solace, I am sure you are right but I meant no disrespect to Caylee. My phrasing was meant to represent my concept of Casey's attitude.

I apologize to anyone unpet by my seemingly insensitive remark.

Apparently, many are fine with it. But not I and thank you NoZme for your kind post. I just cannot think of her in that manner - I think she lost enough - so thank you for your post - appreciate it. Have a great day!

I think that phrase initially came from one of the detectives during the Universal interview. He told ICA something like 'Caylee may not be the same way you remember her to be'. I'd have to look at the transcripts to get the exact verbiage but I've always thought ICA was twisting YM's words. YM was hinting that she was deceased but didn't come right out and say it at that point.

BTW, no offense taken from me either. I know what you meant.

IMO

thanks for this - sounds very very familiar!

I think it was in one of the jail conversations with her parents, I remember Casey saying Caylee will be found and she will be just like she was. (TIA for anyone able to provide the correct link.) That phrase stuck in my mind & later made sense in the context of the last time she had contact with little Caylee, tossing the stinking package of remains into the woods.

Sorry to add a new thread to the bajillion others, but this has been on my mind & I haven't seen an appropriate place to mention it. Did anyone else pick up on that comment & what do you make of it? Also " I think she's not far away" or something like that. We know that one iota of fact can become the jumping off place for Casey's... um... fertile imagination.

And speaking of a bajillion threads.... a very sad, but perhaps a nice tribute to the fact that Caylee matterred to everyone except the egg donor..... who will make the one millionth post? The current count is almost 958 thousand & moving fast.

She also said in one of the jail tapes that "you're the best grandparents Caylee could have had"..."and still has"....or something to that effect, she caught what she said and corrected it very soon after. She did talk in the past tense in several of the tapes that I remember.

The only thing that comes to mind for me with the 'she will be like she was' comment was something along the lines of refering to the next life for those who are believers. Though I don't know why ICA would believe she would make it there to see Caylee in the next life.

JMO
Cubby, I got that same image in my head. Just saw her dancing and smiling "over to the other side" in her beauty and spark . . . just like she was.

Another comment that "bothered" me was one I have not seen recently, except
it was on the ABC special last night, and it comes in a jail interview with Lee.
And he is asking where to look for her.
She says, I think she is here locally, search the places we know, and go to with friends and family ! Not an exact quote but pretty close.

Not to be confused with the comment to the police about, " I know she is close"
the above statement just gave me the chills last night when I heard it.

I find it to be an odd statement as well. I don't think any mother/father who has a missing child would say something like that. To me by saying that she *knows* something horrible happened to Caylee.

Another comment that "bothered" me was one I have not seen recently, except
it was on the ABC special last night, and it comes in a jail interview with Lee.
And he is asking where to look for her.
She says, I think she is here locally, search the places we know, and go to with friends and family ! Not an exact quote but pretty close.

Not to be confused with the comment to the police about, " I know she is close"
the above statement just gave me the chills last night when I heard it.

Yeah, I remember that one too. Proved to be true as well.

Both of those lines stick in my head quite clearly and it has always bothered me. She will be like she was? huh? I also hate how she says "I can't wait to see *THAT* little girl. When I talk about my son I say "Can't wait to see my boy, my baby boy, my little man etc. "MY" being the term I use - not "that". I see a lot of disassociation with Caylee when she speaks about her.

Patsy would refer to JonBenet as "that child"....it would drive me crazy hearing that!

When you see her again [ in heaven], she'll be just as she was. From that statement, I think Casey was referring to the fact that she knew the next time GA and CA will see Caylee will be in heaven.

This "just as she was", and also telling her parents repeatedly (iirc) that she "felt" or "knew" Caylee was close-stuck out to me. IMO, I really think she was torturing her parents. There they were, especially Cindy-giving her lying, stealing self every benefit of the doubt. There they were, heartbroken and panicked by the disappearance of their precious granddaughter. There was KC, knowing full well the baby was dead and in a swampy trash heap. I'm sure she delighted in leading her parents around by their noses, not to mention giving the finger to the police and anyone else desperately searching for that sweet baby girl. IMO, KC is so pathological it will take a legion of shrinks to even begin to figure out exactly where she falls within their categories of personality disorders and psychopathy.

:cow:

The only thing that comes to mind for me with the 'she will be like she was' comment was something along the lines of refering to the next life for those who are believers. Though I don't know why ICA would believe she would make it there to see Caylee in the next life.

JMO

Oh, my gosh, you just reminded me..
My eyeballs rolled back in my head so hard
when I first heard ICA tell her dad in a jailhouse tape,
how she cried,
(tears of self pity)
and read the Bible all night and day.
S'cuse me while I eyeroll again.
Perhaps ICA, for the first time, read the words:
Thou shalt not kill..
Honor thy parental units..
So many little telling statements from the Accused..
working myself up into a rant.. must exit..
Thanks for the interesting input, Y'all.

I think that was Casey wishing she could undo what she had done, not for Caylee but for herself, since it landed her behind bars, took away her freedom to party etc.

I think in her fantasy mind, she was wishing Caylee could return just as she was, so she could get out of this mess & go on with her life of partying.

Exactly! KC wanted Caylee back "just as she was" for her own sake, to get her out of her self-made nightmare, not out of any sense of love or compassion for "the little snotnose." Had KC had an ounce of maternal instinct for her darling child she would not have been able to tear off that first strip of duct tape.

I think it was in one of the jail conversations with her parents, I remember Casey saying Caylee will be found and she will be just like she was. (TIA for anyone able to provide the correct link.) That phrase stuck in my mind & later made sense in the context of the last time she had contact with little Caylee, tossing the stinking package of remains into the woods.

Sorry to add a new thread to the bajillion others, but this has been on my mind & I haven't seen an appropriate place to mention it. Did anyone else pick up on that comment & what do you make of it? Also " I think she's not far away" or something like that. We know that one iota of fact can become the jumping off place for Casey's... um... fertile imagination.

And speaking of a bajillion threads.... a very sad, but perhaps a nice tribute to the fact that Caylee matterred to everyone except the egg donor..... who will make the one millionth post? The current count is almost 958 thousand & moving fast.

NoZme, I have mixed emotions that you have brought this forth. Part of me wishes I didn't know so much about this case. Each cruel remark I've heard from ICA about her daughter as a promise to her parents or what she told LE in an investigation piles up on my shoulders like logs from the world's biggest trees. But, at the same time, I thank you for reminding us of just what type of personality the court and the viewing public has to deal with in this tragedy.
jmo

How could she say that to her distraught mother knowing that Caylee was dead and decomposing out in a neighborhood dump site? :furious:

ICA's jailhouse comments and demeanor have always struck me as just pure evil. I remember her laughing inappropriately when CA tells her that "dad lost his temper with the media", these comments demonstrate how truly monstrous ICA is.

Those jailhouse videos are a true window into whatever black pit of soul ICA has imo.
I agree with you,Dragonlady.
ICA is inappropriate on so many levels! And she is pure evil to the core.
I really truely believe that!

azwriter, i totally feel what you mean in that post about the logs on shoulders. it is hard.

if my 3 yr old goes for an overnight w/her grandparents she often comes back saying and doing new things. she is never as she was; children and especially little children are always changing! we remark on that all the time, how much they change all the time, how they are nothing like they were back when they were so tiny!

I always took that comment to mean "and she'll be just like she was before (I wrapped duct tape around her head and killed her)"...
That was just another 'fantasy' lie.

Or...in a truly maniacal twist:

She will be just as she was = ashes to ashes, dust to dust

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member