DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I find this so very curious.......

www.andrealyon.com

Is hosted by an Orlando webhost.......

http://betterwhois.com/bwhois.cgi?verification=2385&domain=andrealyon.com

Her site was established JULY 3, 2008

What a coincidence. I mean....what are the odds of a Chicago high profile death penalty attorney having a webhost in the very town that is the center of the crime of the year??? WOW....

BBM

Things that make you go "hmmmmmmm".... I don't like coincidences in such cases as this. I know they happenn sometimes, but this is a bit too... serendipitous. Maybe it just is what it is, but hmmmm.

JMHO

Given the postponement of the hearings scheduled for Thursday.........IMO book tour trumped hearings. I don't know that is the case and will be thrilled if someone shows me the reason that does NOT relate to a Barnes and Noble Book Signing on Wed night at 6:30 PM.

Given the postponement of the hearings scheduled for Thursday.........IMO book tour trumped hearings. I don't know that is the case and will be thrilled if someone shows me the reason that does NOT relate to a Barnes and Noble Book Signing on Wed night at 6:30 PM.

Checked out Lyon's Barnes and Noble book signing ... it's at the DePaul University store, I called them and it's at 6 Pm Wednesday the 20th ... I confirmed that it was STILL SCHEDULED

Strange she hasn't cancelled it yet ... :waitasec:

I'm confused by what the different news sites are reporting ... some are saying the fraud trial on Monday isn't going to happen but the pre-trial this Thursday is (Sentinel), and that motions still have to be heard for the fraud one ... one said this Thursday's was moved to Monday (WFTV)... ???? Another said the pre-trial is set for Thurday and expects a trial date to be set and that the fraud trial is still on (WESH) and yet another said they're both off (CFnews 13)

And of course nothing at the clerk's office yet to confirm any of this ... :banghead:

Some people do use the word "smart" in place of hurt. Like "ouch that smarts"...... BUT....had I been editing, I would have changed it because it does not read well and can confuse the meaning.

AL's book is a must read for you IMO. She says a lot of the same stuff in her book as her lectures. I still think that is a typo only because she goes on to use "I'm not saying names don't hurt" IMO if she was using "smart" in that context she would have repeated it but that is JMO. I found a few others as well. BUT anyway it IS a very interesting book and has provided me with insight as to her being. I was suprised to find out her husband was African American only b/c it's her, for no other reason.

Checked out Lyon's Barnes and Noble book signing ... it's at the DePaul University store, I called them and it's at 6 Pm Wednesday the 20th ... I confirmed that it was STILL SCHEDULED

Strange she hasn't cancelled it yet ... :waitasec:

So, while no one has confirmed it, it appears that the pre-trial hearing was moved to Monday to accommodate AL. JMO: :gavel::40__s: Need we say more?

Radio interview with AL on WAMC Northeast Public Radio from January 13, 2010.

Intro discusses her record.......19 wins against the DP. Also states that she may be facing her biggest case yet with KC.

http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/wamc/news.newsmain/article/231/0/1601760/The.Roundtable/Andrea.Lyon.-.Angel.of.Death.Row

I have to assume that I'm going to lose the trial because most often you do even if the the defendent isn't guilty, but that's another conversation.

The State wants to kill your client and you can't plead the case for a sentence of imprisonment because that's the position that they've taken and so the trial is really about saving a persons life.

Florida executes a lot of people.

Because the State, inappropriately in my opinion, asked for the DP, the team needed help. There wasn't anyone qualified to try a DP case. I agreed to help them.

"KC actually didn't kill her daughter. We haven't had a trial yet."

If we are unsuccessful then that's the next thing we would do.

Most of the time what the public doesn't know is that when you are talking about a parent killing a child, you are not talking about a 1st degree murder.....you are talking about some form of manslaughter.......discipline gone bad, or hitting child and child hits head.

Pretty much all of Orlando hates her at this point.

I get screamed at. yelled at tripped people don't want to talk to me if they know who I am.

It's extremely difficult to investigate this case properly. Everyone is frightened they will be seen as being on the wrong side of things.

THe kind of pressure on my partners and myself, my investigator, my social worker is.....

This case has to be moved to Southern FL where the saturation is not what it is in Orlando. Anything out of that Southern area is just saturated.

It has to do with the mob mentality since the case began. We have a lot of motions...boths sides have depositions to do. Lot's of litigation to be done before we are ready to try this case.

Let's see, how long has it been since defense has done a depo...November??? And the State if finished with the exception of getting a witness list from the defense in order to depose expert witnesses, so the problem is??? Radio/TV/book signings. And AL wonders why no one will talk to her.

Intro discusses her record.......19 wins against the DP. Also states that she may be facing her biggest case yet with KC.

http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/w...e.Roundtable/Andrea.Lyon.-.Angel.of.Death.Row

snipped

Ok I have to say it. I agree with most everything she said. :truce:

Good, bad, right ,wrong, book or no book,self imposed or not, most of what she says is fairly accurate,imo.

I strongly agree that the DP is inappropriate and that if this goes to trial she will ultimately be convicted of manslaughter and aggravated child abuse, but that is probably for another thread.

A shout out to you for all the research you've done on Andrea Lyons. I really appreciate reading the articles you've posted, and listening to the programs you've posted.

While Andrea grates me - it's extremely helpful to begin to understand her framework for arguments, etc. Just hitting the thanks button just doesn't seem enough!

JBean: I would be surprised if she actually gets the DP. I do not see 12 jurors agreeing on DP for someone as young as she is and the fact that in Florida life mean life. I'd like to see her get life for no other reason than to keep KC away from her daughter. KC has a lifetime of lessons to learn. I would, however, like to see her admit what she actually did to the child.

JBean: I would be surprised if she actually gets the DP. I do not see 12 jurors agreeing on DP for someone as young as she is and the fact that in Florida life mean life. I'd like to see her get life for no other reason than to keep KC away from her daughter. KC has a lifetime of lessons to learn. I would, however, like to see her admit what she actually did to the child.

? Huh?

LOL. They would both be together again in death. KC needs to learn her life's lessons. Not sure the DP will do it. More like years in the penal system pursuing her life's work of looking for missing children. Not really, but I am sure prison will present some very real eye opening lessons.

I listened to the interview ... a lot of the same old tired arguments ... the defense and the Anthonys keep referring to the mob mentality and protestors at the Anthony home ...
This is a point that really irks me but I thought that was back when KC was out on bond ... and it was a rather small group ... for a mob I mean ... I haven't seen any broadcasts of other demonstrations since then
Have there been any? It just seems like they are the ones blowing things out of proportion ....

When Lyon talks about clients she's had and the awful crimes that they committed .. armed robberies where they killed people, home invasion and killing of an elderly couple, killing of a judge and lawyer in court ... then talks about redemption, it's got to make you wonder why she thinks they deserve redemption ... I know, she thinks EVERYONE deserves redemption ... but really?
It also makes me wonder what her definition of redemption is ... is she talking about salvation or absolution? Maybe it's me but I'm wondering what this has to do with the court of law and defending clients ? Or is she talking about her clients having redeeming qualities?

It sort of makes one think that NO ONE should be punished for what they do ...
I would like anyone's views on this ... :waitasec:

Ok I have to say it. I agree with most everything she said. :truce:

Good, bad, right ,wrong, book or no book,self imposed or not, most of what she says is fairly accurate,imo.

I strongly agree that the DP is inappropriate and that if this goes to trial she will ultimately be convicted of manslaughter and aggravated child abuse, but that is probably for another thread.

I don't agree with everything she said but I get what you're saying and she IS supposed to be a defense lawyer and do the best that she can do for them ... that's her job ..

I don't really agree with the DP and don't think she'll get it but I do think she deserves LWOP and that it's a worse punishment ...

IMO this type of person cannot be rehabilitated and should not be allowed back into society because she's dangerous ... would she kill again, maybe not ... would she commit other serious crimes against people, yes, I think it would be just a matter of time ....

http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/wamc/news.newsmain/article/231/0/1601760/The.Roundtable/Andrea.Lyon.-.Angel.of.Death.Row

snipped to address ...

When Lyon makes this statement, to me she's saying that KC is in no way responsible for Caylee's death, not even criminally negligent manslaughter which is still killing
So if KC is in no way responsible for Caylee's death, then someone else was ... IMO the defense should be sticking to saying "not guilty" which would be taken to mean not guilty of 1st degree murder but perhaps a lesser charge ... if this is what their defense is there's still that pesky "31 days" thing ...

PS It did make me smile to hear how badly Ms Lyon is being treated ... she's brought a lot of that on herself with her accusations about pretty much everyone involved in a murder trial (including victims) making exception, of course, of defendants and their lawyers ... :boohoo:

When Lyon talks about clients she's had and the awful crimes that they committed .. armed robberies where they killed people, home invasion and killing of an elderly couple, killing of a judge and lawyer in court ... then talks about redemption, it's got to make you wonder why she thinks they deserve redemption ... I know, she thinks EVERYONE deserves redemption ... but really?
It also makes me wonder what her definition of redemption is ... is she talking about salvation or absolution? Maybe it's me but I'm wondering what this has to do with the court of law and defending clients ? Or is she talking about her clients having redeeming qualities?

It sort of makes one think that NO ONE should be punished for what they do ...
I would like anyone's views on this ... :waitasec:

I've thought quite a bit about what Lyon believes (or at least what she maintains she believes). She's against the DP for at least 2 reasons. One is that she thinks everyone should be given the chance for redemption. I'm the first to forgive people for most anything because I know none of us are without faults. But for some deeds there may not be room for redemption, at least as far as the good of society goes. Lyon states an example of a man who does a really heinous deed and stated he has redeemed himself by sending his prison pay to Africa to feed a couple of kids. Well, I think that's well and good that he's doing that, but in my opinion, that does not make up for what he did. I would think that even Hitler did a couple of good deeds in his life, so I wonder if Lyon would think that even he deserved a chance at redemption?

The second reason is that Lyon states that the DP does not reduce violent crimes, and even offers her belief that states that have the DP have a higher crime rate than the states without it. Her reasoning is faulty since we have no idea what is the cause of the crime rates in each state. How do we know that a state with the DP has it for the reason that they do have so much crime, and it's the state's effort to curtail it? How do we know whether or not a state with the DP would have had a much higher crime rate if they had not had it in place? If there are studies that point out the cause of crime rates, why didn't Lyon cite them? But this much I do know: If a serial killer is convicted and executed, the murders he would have committed had he lived have been prevented. And I imagine Lyon would simply say, "just keep him in prison for the rest of his life and he won't be a danger to society." But won't he be a danger to those who live in prison with him? Aren't prison inmates members of society too even though incarcerated?

I have to assume that I'm going to lose the trial because most often you do even if the the defendent isn't guilty, but that's another conversation.

The State wants to kill your client and you can't plead the case for a sentence of imprisonment because that's the position that they've taken and so the trial is really about saving a persons life.

Florida executes a lot of people.

Because the State, inappropriately in my opinion, asked for the DP, the team needed help. There wasn't anyone qualified to try a DP case. I agreed to help them.

If we are unsuccessful then that's the next thing we would do.

Most of the time what the public doesn't know is that when you are talking about a parent killing a child, you are not talking about a 1st degree murder.....you are talking about some form of manslaughter.......discipline gone bad, or hitting child and child hits head.

Pretty much all of Orlando hates her at this point.

I get screamed at. yelled at tripped people don't want to talk to me if they know who I am.

It's extremely difficult to investigate this case properly. Everyone is frightened they will be seen as being on the wrong side of things.

THe kind of pressure on my partners and myself, my investigator, my social worker is.....

This case has to be moved to Southern FL where the saturation is not what it is in Orlando. Anything out of that Southern area is just saturated.

It has to do with the mob mentality since the case began. We have a lot of motions...boths sides have depositions to do. Lot's of litigation to be done before we are ready to try this case.

Red and Green above mine.

Red: Awwww...call the whambulance! Is this where AL starts letting the tears flow? GAH! It's the "poor me" defense. :rolleyes: Cry me a river.

Green: Well, methinks it's about time to start getting to those depositions, instead of stalling, appearing at book signings, speaking at conferences, and teaching the masses at DePaul how to "win" no matter what you have to do, and who you have to do it to. :furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
telecrushxx
Back