Anita Rose, 57, walking her dog, police investigating suspected murder, Brantham, Suffolk, 24th July 2024'

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just cannot see this being a phone theft originally dotta but who knows ?
It looks like an old (ish) iphone to me as it doesn’t seem that big from the photos but that may be how it’s been photographed.
The only thing I can think is maybe it was a robbery that went horribly wrong, Anita was REALLY in the wrong place at the wrong time, he or they tried to steal her phone and there was a struggle and she fell tragically.
Jmo … such a strange sad case.

I just cannot see this being a phone theft originally dotta but who knows ?
It looks like an old (ish) iphone to me as it doesn’t seem that big from the photos but that may be how it’s been photographed.
The only thing I can think is maybe it was a robbery that went horribly wrong, Anita was REALLY in the wrong place at the wrong time, he or they tried to steal her phone and there was a struggle and she fell tragically.
Jmo … such a strange sad case.

She might have taken a photo of something involving the alleged perps with her phone.

Or
She saw something and wanted to call Police.

Who knows?

It seems Police have no strong evidence against them.
Are they on bail till October?
Hmmm...

JMO

Last edited:
It seems risky to attack a woman walking a dog. An assailant risks the dog attacking the assailant, in protecting its human. Maybe she walks her dog off-leash and her dog was not within sight when attacked?

Do they know for sure Anita didn’t just fall and hit her head on the tracks on her own? Why is determining cause of death not determinable at this point?
Hi, I'm new here. I've just been reading up a bit here. What happened to the dog? Was it found? Was the dog people friendly?

I ask because uf she had a dog with her, could it be that the person was known to her, otherwise a dog might bark or even attack.

I'm just writting what I'm think as a read a bit. Sorry if these questions have already been asked and answered.

I was thinking about what evidence the police must know, to be able to say that Anita was attacked, and not fallen on her own.

She was said to have suffered face and head injuries. Did she have injuries to the back of her head that look like she was hit from behind then fell on her face? The police have never mentioned looking for a weapon / blunt instrument that might have been used, though.

Or, like Dotta’s linked article, was the attack by someone on an e-bike, where maybe she didn’t let go of her phone, at first, and was dragged? Or, hit and knocked down by the bike?

Just thoughts, moo. This is going on so long without arrests.

Hi, I'm new here. I've just been reading up a bit here. What happened to the dog? Was it found? Was the dog people friendly?

I ask because uf she had a dog with her, could it be that the person was known to her, otherwise a dog might bark or even attack.

I'm just writting what I'm think as a read a bit. Sorry if these questions have already been asked and answered.
I don't know about the dog, but just wanted to say Welcome to Websleuths!

Anita’s dog was found unharmed, and staying by Anita. A cyclist passing by is who found Anita unconscious and injured on the path.

No mention of the dog’s behavior.

To me, in the photos of Anita in her pink jacket prior to being attacked, it looks like she is walking her dog without a lead, but I can’t be sure. But if without, it could suggest Bruce (her springer spaniel dog) was friendly.

MOO

(Edited for typo)

Last edited:
I’m not a dog owner but I think all I know would carry a lead for an emergency situation? Fight with another dog looming that sort of thing.
True, but I just think if she walks her dog off-lead even in the neighborhood (per the photos) it might suggest he generally was a friendly, gentle sort of dog. I’ve included the photo where I do not see a leash/lead, IMO.

Yes, she could have had a leash in her jacket. If she had one, and it was a distinctive one (we don’t know), the police should be asking the public to be on the lookout for that in addition to her jacket and phone case. JMO

IMG_0441.jpeg

True, but I just think if she walks her dog off-lead even in the neighborhood (per the photos) it might suggest he generally was a friendly, gentle sort of dog. I’ve included the photo where I do not see a leash/lead, IMO.

Yes, she could have had a leash in her jacket. If she had one, and it was a distinctive one (we don’t know), the police should be asking the public to be on the lookout for that in addition to her jacket and phone case. JMO

View attachment 525846
Yes the dog lead has not been mentioned. Convinced she would have one though. Crazy if not. Would it be out of the realm of possibility they had their eye on the dog ? I know we’ve said and agreed he must be friendly but what if they couldn’t get a hold of bruce ? My daughter in law has a springer (working) and he’s very friendly but also unwieldy. Think Parker Knoll might have insight to limitations on this. But not sure if that’s a Cocker spaniel. Hopefully they might be around and be able to help with this discussion.

Edited by me .. spelling error

Just be helpful to know of you might risk/ be unphased by your dog being off the lead at that hour on a familiar route or would you always have eye on exit for yourself and the dog at all times regardless.

I have a cocker spaniel and I wouldn’t dream of going out without a lead but my Chester is pretty timid around other dogs but notwithstanding if you have a giant dog coming towards you they both should be on leads IMO.
Anita had a springer spaniel so high energy, he probably had loads of time off lead to burn some off and maybe at 5am she knew there would likely be very little traffic and didn’t bother with the lead at that point, could have just had it in her pocket ?
Maybe their original angle was dog theft … that’s an interesting point.
Bruce far more valuable than an iphone.
It seems such a random attack which is so shocking but I’m literally at a loss here.
Jmo

But the dog was not stolen.
Phone was.
:rolleyes:
I know but if the dog proves a slippery customer they could just take what they could. I actually don’t think in my heart bruce was the target but I’m not ruling it out yet.

No he wasn’t stolen Dotta but maybe that was the original reason Anita was approached.
Could have been a scuffle and she fell and he/they made a run for it with her phone.
I am seriously clutching at straws here.
Jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark2221
Back