Anita Rose, 57, walking her dog, police investigating suspected murder, Brantham, Suffolk, 24th July 2024'

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No he wasn’t stolen Dotta but maybe that was the original reason Anita was approached.
Could have been a scuffle and she fell and he/they made a run for it with her phone.
I am seriously clutching at straws here.
Jmo
Same. I just don’t think it’s entirely unbelievable they were wanting him for breeding or such like and with nothing to prove otherwise I’m keeping an open mind on that for now.

True, but I just think if she walks her dog off-lead even in the neighborhood (per the photos) it might suggest he generally was a friendly, gentle sort of dog. I’ve included the photo where I do not see a leash/lead, IMO.

Yes, she could have had a leash in her jacket. If she had one, and it was a distinctive one (we don’t know), the police should be asking the public to be on the lookout for that in addition to her jacket and phone case. JMO

View attachment 525846
I’m pretty sure in Uk it’s an offence to walk a dog off leash on a public highway even the most well trained dog could be spooked and run out.

True, but I just think if she walks her dog off-lead even in the neighborhood (per the photos) it might suggest he generally was a friendly, gentle sort of dog. I’ve included the photo where I do not see a leash/lead, IMO.

Yes, she could have had a leash in her jacket. If she had one, and it was a distinctive one (we don’t know), the police should be asking the public to be on the lookout for that in addition to her jacket and phone case. JMO

View attachment 525846
Deleted

I’m pretty sure in Uk it’s an offence to walk a dog off leash on a public highway even the most well trained dog could be spooked and run out.
I think that is law here where I live, too (suburb in California), yet I encountered it many times when I used to have a dog and would walk mine. Many tense moments. It’s good to hear people are more adherent in the UK!

Moo...do not know if whether the dog being leashed is of any importance. But I run my dogs off leash very early morning or late at nite. I choose these times because dogs are supposed to be leashed, but dogs enjoy running and getting exercise. I do have leashes with me always.
But very early is also the time out local thieves are trolling the neighborhood also....moo

Moo...do not know if whether the dog being leashed is of any importance. But I run my dogs off leash very early morning or late at nite. I choose these times because dogs are supposed to be leashed, but dogs enjoy running and getting exercise. I do have leashes with me always.
But very early is also the time out local thieves are trolling the neighborhood also....moo
One problem with having dogs off leash early mornings and late evenings is that during spring/early summer there are newborn/young animals around, both wildlife and lifestock, and many are active at dusk and dawn. Even the most wellbehaved dogs can have hunting instincts. Not so fun to find a mauled bunny or other little one on a walk.

Anita had to walk through residential areas to get to her open space / off leash fun for Bruce. Even in an off leash space I’d say you’d still need one handy for emergencies. As I said I don’t own a dog but I’d not be without one. Better looking at it than looking for it philosophy. MOO

What on earth did she happen across that caused an attack on her that ended fatal.
Such a scary thought.

In my initial post on Anita’s thread I brought up the question of leashed vs not because it seemed notable to me that a perpretator would attack her if she clearly has her dog by her side. Many a dog would attack and bite to defend their human, so the assaulter would get injured.

Did the attacker not know she was with her dog, because maybe Bruce was away from her at the time, exploring off-leash?

MOO

One problem with having dogs off leash early mornings and late evenings is that during spring/early summer there are newborn/young animals around, both wildlife and lifestock, and many are active at dusk and dawn. Even the most wellbehaved dogs can have hunting instincts. Not so fun to find a mauled bunny or other little one on a walk.
Moo ..lots of bears, coyotes and deer where I live, not something you would worry about in UK. But my dogs have excellent recall, which you cannot teach unless your dog is off leash. Off leash does not mean out of sight. She had a spaniel and this was probably a early morning routine she had with her dog. She unfortunately ran into some unfriendly people, and spaniels are friendly dogs not a guard breed, so leash or no leash would not of made a difference..... moo

Such an odd and sad case. The location of her body, off her known route, is particularly curious.
Could she have tried to run from her assailant and been caught up with there?
Or was she moved against her will, either before or after sustaining the head injury? That might explain the missing jacket somewhat, as perps will often drag a person by their clothing, causing it to tear, fasteners to break and the garment to come off completely.

The deceased looks fit and youthful on the CCTV and I wonder if that may have been a factor in her attracting attention.

Total speculation: I can envision a scenario where a disturbed/sadistic young man spotted her walking past his house at an early hour, and decided to follow her with SA in mind. Only some time later, once he was directly upon his intended victim, does he realise that she was in fact older and perhaps did not meet his intended ideal profile for a victim (we know that many sex offenders have a specific fantasy or ‘type’ they prefer to victimise, with youth often being a factor in this).

As is typical, the offender lashes out in rage at being ‘thwarted’ or otherwise disappointed in his intent, which could explain the head and face injuries, robbery and lack of reported SA. It could also explains him not ‘finishing the job’ and still leaving her alive. The offender then flees the scene, discarding the jacket en route, and passing the phone on to friends/family to get it out of his possession once he realised his panicked mistake.

Phone is tracked to the person currently in possession, who says they got it from X. X is found to live on the walking route, have a relevant criminal history and/or be seen on CCTV also walking in the early hours some way behind the victim.

Enough to arrest, but not to charge. JMO and pure speculation based on what we have so far.

An
In my initial post on Anita’s thread I brought up the question of leashed vs not because it seemed notable to me that a perpretator would attack her if she clearly has her dog by her side. Many a dog would attack and bite to defend their human, so the assaulter would get injured.

Did the attacker not know she was with her dog, because maybe Bruce was away from her at the time, exploring off-leash?

MOO
Springers are utterly mad and full of boundless energy. I’d assume she would let him off leash wherever possible to allow for adequate exercise, and this area looks like a safe place for that.

Reactions: nao
There’s a dog near me that trots along beside his owner with its lead on, holding the other end in his own mouth . He’s incredible, waits at the curb for traffic, etc. Probably v wrong and illegal but I’ll admit I do find it kind of adorable, too. And technically he IS on a leash haha

Moo ..lots of bears, coyotes and deer where I live, not something you would worry about in UK. But my dogs have excellent recall, which you cannot teach unless your dog is off leash. Off leash does not mean out of sight. She had a spaniel and this was probably a early morning routine she had with her dog. She unfortunately ran into some unfriendly people, and spaniels are friendly dogs not a guard breed, so leash or no leash would not of made a difference..... moo
I don't live in the UK, our forests here have wolves, lynx, elk, wild boars, and bears and wolverines further north. An angry elk (moose) killed a woman some years ago, police first suspected that her husband had killed her!

• Wow
Reactions: nao

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bman1986