Anita Rose, 57, walking her dog, police investigating suspected murder, Brantham, Suffolk, 24th July 2024'

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I must say I'm very impressed if this was a routine walk, after an hour Anita had still not completed her return journey. I wonder if it was her commitment to owning a Springer Spaniel and living in a house with not much opportunity for his exercise. I do wonder if the app she used was to ensure that Bruce had a minimum mileage/distance covered per day or morning, perhaps even with an additional later walk. Looking at Google maps the point at which Anita turns off the app is by the railway bridge where she presumably entered back down that track running alongside the railway, which converges with Rectory Lane further down. I wonder if at that point she habitually let Bruce off his lead to have a run about which would not be recordable by the app, but she is not worried because he has had his minimum 'goal' of exercise? I can't think of another reason for ceasing the recording at that point, unless she wanted to be clandestine about part of her route, which seems unlikely to me. It might explain one puzzle I have, which is the greater unlikelihood of a stranger encounter with anyone with a very lively dog on a lead. I wonder if Bruce was found with his lead on or off.

Just a few musings.

I remember in an article a while ago someone who lived in the village said Anita would take her dog out about 3 times a day for 2 hours at a time. I thought that seemed too excessive to be true but maybe she did do a couple of very long walks.

I must say I'm very impressed if this was a routine walk, after an hour Anita had still not completed her return journey. I wonder if it was her commitment to owning a Springer Spaniel and living in a house with not much opportunity for his exercise. I do wonder if the app she used was to ensure that Bruce had a minimum mileage/distance covered per day or morning, perhaps even with an additional later walk. Looking at Google maps the point at which Anita turns off the app is by the railway bridge where she presumably entered back down that track running alongside the railway, which converges with Rectory Lane further down. I wonder if at that point she habitually let Bruce off his lead to have a run about which would not be recordable by the app, but she is not worried because he has had his minimum 'goal' of exercise? I can't think of another reason for ceasing the recording at that point, unless she wanted to be clandestine about part of her route, which seems unlikely to me. It might explain one puzzle I have, which is the greater unlikelihood of a stranger encounter with anyone with a very lively dog on a lead. I wonder if Bruce was found with his lead on or off.

Just a few musings.
I had a thought as to why she might turn off recording the walk at that point. I thought maybe she’d regularly go to an establishment to get a cup of coffee to enjoy, while taking a short break. But then I didn’t see any place that’d be open at 6:00 AM.

There is a place called The Bull that seems near that intersection, but it looks like they wouldn’t have opened until 10 AM. Interestingly, it looks to be a place that has a regular walking group that meets there. They probably walk on much of the same ground for their group walks that Anita did.
JMO

I have an Apple Watch (not sure if this is the exercise tracker she was using) if I have it set to walk it tracks to location of the walk and it drains the battery. So if I was doing multiple walks in a day and did not have time to put it on charge then I would limit the amount of time the watch is set to track the walks. It will still record any steps but not drain the battery as much. So maybe that is why she stopped the tracker after an hour every day.

I was just reading of what feels like a very similar story which happened in another part of the UK (Leicestershire), where an 80-year-old man walking his dog was attacked, and subsequently died of his injuries. (Link to article)

In this man’s instance, it appears a young 14 yo teen may be the attacker! It says he had been harassed before, with kids throwing stones at him. :mad: It’s unclear to me how he was attacked this last, fatal time.

I was just reading of what feels like a very similar story which happened in another part of the UK (Leicestershire), where an 80-year-old man walking his dog was attacked, and subsequently died of his injuries. (Link to article)

In this man’s instance, it appears a young 14 yo teen may be the attacker! It says he had been harassed before, with kids throwing stones at him. :mad: It’s unclear to me how he was attacked this last, fatal time.
His thread on here:

I keep checking for updates on Anita’s case, and here is the latest.

One of the two potential witnesses (not a suspect) has been located and is cooperating with LE. The second gentleman has yet to be located, and they would still like to find and speak with him—again emphasizing he is not a suspect.

It says that today (Sept 13) locals will notice an increased police presence as they are going door to door for inquiries.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BunnyLugsCacti
Back