Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell - COD: "Heroin Poisoning"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
AJ was attending Longwood on an athletic scholarship. NCAA college athletes are subject to a strict no drug policy with testing. Here's your link:

http://www.longwood.edu/policies/1202.htm

Also, knowing her personally, I can tell you that AJ was not one who would throw away her entire collegiate/athletic career by using heroin. Nor was she the type to even use recreationally.

I was under the impression AJ was playing intramural/"club", perhaps with the intention of eventually making the school team. In that case, my experience is that you do register for the NCAA but are not subject to testing unless you are in an official team sport. I may be completely wrong so please correct me if so!

Although from experience I know even the highest achievers and most unlikely candidates can fall into and successfully hide addiction for some time, I do yield to insiders who say this was not in AJ's character. It seems it would take a seismic life event or some hidden emotional issues to cause her to turn to hard drugs.

Please don't consider this an attack on your post or AJ in any way. I, and any other person here, would be lucky to have someone like you in our corner to defend our honor in a case like this before all the facts were out. It's a testament to AJ's spirit and light that you are here defending her. Thank you for that.

krig101, I am not sure it did. Why would they wait 3-4 weeks before reporting it? Too many unanswered questions.

Didn't the tip come from the 2 men that seen the dark Caravan driving behind the abandoned house? Please correct me if I am wrong. So many strange things about this case that I can't keep up with who's who and what's what! :scared:

http://wtvr.com/2015/04/10/anjelica-aj-hadsell-remains-found-outside-abandoned-southampton-home/

I think those 2 guys were only reporting on seeing a van go to the home 2-3 wks prior to April 10th. They came to the forefront once AJ was found, as one of them was from Franklin- a neighbor? I don't recall or feel they had reported the lead to LE. Media had indicated the finding of AJ was due to investigative information.

PS: Wishing all a safe & Happy 4th- in case I forget as the wknd is underway.

I think those 2 guys were only reporting on seeing a van go to the home 2-3 wks prior to April 10th. They came to the forefront once AJ was found, as one of them was from Franklin- a neighbor? I don't recall or feel they had reported the lead to LE. Media had indicated the finding of AJ was due to investigative information.

It's very unclear to me in every article I've looked at about the van sighting. Im sure LE are keeping it that way for a reason. Just wish we knew more......

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

krig101, I am not sure it did. Why would they wait 3-4 weeks before reporting it? Too many unanswered questions.
It is very confusing isn't it? Maybe they didn't think much of it at first and decided later to report it? :/

Unfortunately, until we know manner of death, the debit card, the clothes found, etc. aren't going to make much sense.

Manner of Death may be harder due to the decomp of her remains. Remember too they brought in a Forensic Anthropologist..

AJ was attending Longwood on an athletic scholarship. NCAA college athletes are subject to a strict no drug policy with testing. Here's your link:

http://www.longwood.edu/policies/1202.htm

Also, knowing her personally, I can tell you that AJ was not one who would throw away her entire collegiate/athletic career by using heroin. Nor was she the type to even use recreationally.

WB we've been missing your input. [emoji199]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great question, I am starting to think if Wes was responsible for all or part, he would have talked by now. I'm stuck on the vehicles right now. Who in the world would have helped Wes?? And her family (minus the Hadsells) are saying no drugs - not now, not ever.

Maybe there is someone else in WH's life we dont officially know about. Someone that could resemble AJ or stand in for her driving the truck. I do believe the witness Wavy kid did see her at some point

It is very confusing isn't it? Maybe they didn't think much of it at first and decided later to report it? :/

Maybe they reported it after they heard searches were being done in the area. Looking for her phone.

So since they have released the COD, does that mean the ME portion is complete? If so, according to this AJ next of kin, her Mother, probably has this stuff. JMHO

What does it mean when a case “pending”? Death certificates are deemed to be pending when laboratory studies or investigations are needed to determine the cause and manner of death. Unfortunately, a time frame for when a specific case will be completed cannot be established. The circumstances of cases differ and each case is handled independently. Depending on circumstances, some cases can take more than 12 weeks to complete.

How do I obtain a copy of medical examiner reports? All reports generated by the medical examiner (Medical Examiner’s Report, Autopsy Report, and Toxicology Report) are available to the legal next of kin upon written request. The request for reports should contain the decedent’s name and date of death and the name, address and signature of the legal next of kin requesting the report. Please click here for a sample blank request form. Legal next of kin may receive copies of medical examiner reports. The request can be mailed to the district office of the medical examiner where the case was handled. Once the case is final, the reports will be mailed to next of kin whose name and address appear on the request.

§32.183 C: …Upon request, the Chief Medical Examiner shall release such autopsy report to the decedent's attending physician and to the personal representative or executor of the decedent or, if no personal representative or executor is appointed, then at the discretion of the Chief Medical Examiner, to the following persons in the following order of priority: (i) the spouse of the decedent, (ii) an adult son or daughter of the decedent, (iii) either parent of the decedent, (iv) an adult sibling of the decedent, (v) any other adult relative of the decedent in order of blood relationship, or (vi) any appropriate health facility quality assurance program.”

Are others entitled to a copy of the reports? In Virginia, the records of the medical examiner are deemed to be medical records and, as such, fall under statutory protection. Therefore, only the legal next of kin in the following priority may receive copies of reports: spouse, adult child, parent, adult sibling, any other relative of the deceased. In cases where criminal prosecution is anticipated, those involving unnatural death and certain other cases, copies of reports will be sent to law enforcement agencies and to the local commonwealth’s attorney. A written release from the legal next of kin is required for reports to be sent to other interested parties, such as insurance companies or private attorneys. http://www.vdh.state.va.us/medExam/FriendsFamilyFAQ.htm

From the Virginia Department of Health Office of Chief Medical Examiner http://www.vdh.state.va.us/medExam/documents/fam.pdf

What do “cause and manner of
death” mean?

The cause of death is the medical disease,
injury, or poison (alcohol, drug, or toxic substance) <----*** JMHO, but prob where the "poisoning" verbiage comes from
that caused the physical death of a
person.
The manner of death is a description
of the circumstances surrounding the death.
Deaths are classified by manner as natural,
accident, suicide, homicide, undetermined,
and pending. Deaths resulting from injuries
or complications from injuries
&#8211; no matter
how long after the injury occurred
&#8211; are still
medical examiner cases and fall under the
jurisdiction of the medical examiner.

I guess we don't know if AJ's is in pending do we? JMHO it is, but I guessing we don't know officially.
What does it mean if the death
certificate reads pending?

When the medical or law enforcement investigation
is incomplete, a case is placed in
pending status.
The most common tests
needed are analyses for drugs and medication
and forensic science tests. The issuance
of a final death certificate may also be delayed
pending further investigation, such as
a review of medical records or a police report.
Funeral arrangements need not be delayed
because the death certificate reads
&#8220;pending.&#8221; The decedent can be buried or
cremated after an autopsy even though the
cause and manner of death are pending.
Every effort is made to complete cases
promptly so that the death certificate may be
completed

https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...m2!3m1!1s0x89afd8f3091c8f8b:0x2b2420f20e1ec84

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/04/09/college-student-missing-body-found/25546801/

Jemie Lee (the reporter in this MSM news video) said "neighbors" (plural, but no exact number) had told her on 4/9/15 they had seen a suspicious vehicle "in the area that also drove onto the property of the house, through the carport and to the back of the house about a month before." They said it was a black or a dark Dodge Caravan, but police were not commenting on their statements.

Jemie Lee is standing in the entryway to Mt. Olive Church while giving her report as LE activity at 31460 Smiths Ferry Road in Norfolk can be seen in the background.

I find it very suspicious that the "neighbors" claimed to have seen the black/dark Dodge Caravan. What neighbors, exactly? Has anyone used Google to see how spread out the residences are here and that the church appears to be the closest building? They also claimed to have seen the suspicious vehicle in that area and on the home's property at about...wait for it.... midnight.

I don't know about anyone else, but that's seemingly quite a lot of detail for any neighbor to give based on a variety of factors.

JMO.

While I am sure every person is different, is does not seem that 2 weeks is at all unreasonable to form a physical dependence, according to heroin addiction resources. I am not suggesting that every person gets physically dependent after 2 weeks, but I would not want people to trust that is doesn't happen that way, either. Especially, if there has been several doses in the 2 weeks, which is very possible.

From: http://www.heroindetoxrehab.com/how-long-does-it-take-to-get-addicted-to-heroin/
How Long Does It Take to Get Addicted to Heroin?
While the feelings of euphoria that initially come with heroin abuse will create a desire for another &#8220;hit&#8221; soon afterward, physical dependence usually takes several doses to become established. If you have not yet taken the drug, you should know that first-time use of certain drugs including heroin will not necessarily lead to the reported feelings of euphoria. Heroin can create unpleasant feelings, nausea and vomiting.

Regardless of the fact that everyone is different, brain chemistry is basically the same in every human. What occurs in opioid dependence is that your body must
first build up a tolerance to the drug. This does NOT occur in a 2 week time span unless a user is using constantly, from dusk until dawn. Even then, I doubt the tolerance level would be very high. Once a user begins to build up a tolerance to the drug, the chemistry of the brain begins to physically change. It isn't until these changes occur that one begins to experience any withdrawl symptoms at all. And initial withdrawl symptoms are usually very mild (runny nose, trouble sleeping, etc.). It is only when the physical tolerance and physical changes in brain chemistry occur, and the user continually increases their dosages of the drug, that serious physical dependence occurs. All of these things need to happen...and it does NOT happen in two weeks, I don't care what the site you linked says. No offense, intended.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2851054/

A certain someone I know used approx. 5 days a week for 3 months before ever experiencing any withdrawl symptoms at all.

ETA: Bear in mind, I am talking about physical dependence, not psychological dependence.

Exactly. It wasn't until LE was already at the house that these two witnesses came forward with the vehicle information. Let's not forget that it was shortly after the pond search that LE ended up searching the Franklin House. Obviously, they didn't just stumble on that house...so where did the info come from?

https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...m2!3m1!1s0x89afd8f3091c8f8b:0x2b2420f20e1ec84

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/04/09/college-student-missing-body-found/25546801/

Jemie Lee (the reporter in this MSM news video) said "neighbors" (plural, but no exact number) had told her on 4/9/15 they had seen a suspicious vehicle "in the area that also drove onto the property of the house, through the carport and to the back of the house about a month before." They said it was a black or a dark Dodge Caravan, but police were not commenting on their statements.

Jemie Lee is standing in the entryway to Mt. Olive Church while giving her report as LE activity at 31460 Smiths Ferry Road in Norfolk can be seen in the background.

I find it very suspicious that the "neighbors" claimed to have seen the black/dark Dodge Caravan. What neighbors, exactly? Has anyone used Google to see how spread out the residences are here and that the church appears to be the closest building? They also claimed to have seen the suspicious vehicle in that area and on the home's property at about...wait for it.... midnight.

I don't know about anyone else, but that's seemingly quite a lot of detail for any neighbor to give based on a variety of factors.

JMO.

From what I remember, the guys were walking home from their job (at a tow truck company?) and that's how they saw all this, not that they were at their houses watching what was going on at the house.

Exactly. It wasn't until LE was already at the house that these two witnesses came forward with the vehicle information. Let's not forget that it was shortly after the pond search that LE ended up searching the Franklin House. Obviously, they didn't just stumble on that house...so where did the info come from?
These poor guys are probably kicking themselves for not reporting this sooner. But who would have thought they were witnessing something of such significance????? Goes to show that there are probably so many cases out there where someone did see something of importance and did not even realize it. Imagine the horror these guys would have seen if they decided to go Snoop on the property. That is if AJ was placed above ground :( Ugh

From what I remember, the guys were walking home from their job (at a tow truck company?) and that's how they saw all this, not that they were at their houses watching what was going on at the house.

Yes, they were out helping someone, knew it was around midnight (iirc), and said the caravan turned its lights out and pulled around the back. I found this very credible. They were young, it probably didn't mean much to them at the time.

JMO.
There is a video around somewhere with an interview with one of them if my memory serves me correctly (lol quite possible it is not ). The neighbor and friend were returning from a tow job (they work for or run a towing company) when they saw the vehicle pulling I'm at midnight.

Regardless of the fact that everyone is different, brain chemistry is basically the same in every human. What occurs in opioid dependence is that your body must
first build up a tolerance to the drug. This does NOT occur in a 2 week time span unless a user is using constantly, from dusk until dawn. Even then, I doubt the tolerance level would be very high. Once a user begins to build up a tolerance to the drug, the chemistry of the brain begins to physically change. It isn't until these changes occur that one begins to experience any withdrawl symptoms at all. And initial withdrawl symptoms are usually very mild (runny nose, trouble sleeping, etc.). It is only when the physical tolerance and physical changes in brain chemistry occur, and the user continually increases their dosages of the drug, that serious physical dependence occurs. All of these things need to happen...and it does NOT happen in two weeks, I don't care what the site you linked says. No offense, intended.

A certain someone I know used approx. 5 days a week for 3 months before ever experiencing any withdrawl symptoms at all.

ETA: Bear in mind, I am talking about physical dependence, not psychological dependence.

I still dont see where it says this is not possible or even probable that 2 weeks of use could cause physical dependence. We will just have to have differing opinions on what is possible. I know you are going off personal experience and I am strictly going off what medical research says. I just do not think it is out of the realm of possibility, is all. Again, I'm not saying it happened, just that it wouldn't be off the table, as far as a "dependence" timeline is concerned. From the article you cited:

TRANSITION TO ADDICTION
As we have seen, the pleasure derived from opioids&#8217; activation of the brain&#8217;s natural reward system promotes continued drug use during the initial stages of opioid addiction. Subsequently, repeated exposure to opioid drugs induces the brain mechanisms of dependence, which leads to daily drug use to avert the unpleasant symptoms of drug withdrawal.

I will share my experience to give you a bit of perspective. Back in 2012, I developed, after years of sinus problems, a severe, antibiotic resistant staph infection in my sinuses that caused scar tissue to form, eventually completely occluding the left frontal sinuses, causing me to have to have emergent, extensive sinus surgery. The kind where they peel back your face to access your sinuses through your upper lip. I had plastic stents sewn into both sides of my nose for 2 weeks post surgery. Post op, I was on 40 mg of immediate release OxyContin twice a day with 10 mg Percocet up to 3 times per day for breakthrough pain. OxyContin is almost identical to heroin in chemical structure and works in the exact same way on the exact same receptors in the brain. After having the stents removed 2 1/2 weeks post op, my level of pain was much decreased...those stents were hell! I stopped taking the OxyContin, planning to just use the Percocet as needed for pain.

Yep. That didn't happen. About 12 hours after my first missed dose, the withdrawal symptoms bargain. I thought I had the worst stomach flu ever. Leg cramps, sweating, chills, vomiting, diarrhea, runny nose. I felt like I had been hit by a truck. Being a nurse, it dawned on me that it may be withdrawals. So, I took half of an OxyContin. 30
minutes later, I was as right as rain.

I got in touch with my doctor and we set up a weaning schedule. It took me 4 weeks to wean off the oxy, that I had only been on for 2 weeks. I wasn't abusing it, I was taking it as prescribed. Heroin is MUCH stronger than OxyContin and a lot of heroin is cut with Fentanyl, which is 100 times stronger than morphine.

It is absolutely 100% possible to become physically addicted to heroin in two weeks. It's entirely possible to become addicted in a week, if use is daily.

I'm not saying she was. But I'm saying that it is wrong to believe that one cannot become physically addicted to heroin over the course of a couple weeks. There aren't many casual heroin users walking about for that very reason. Physical dependence on heroin always precedes a psychological addiction to heroin. That's why heroin is one bad mamajama. There's no other drug like it in terms of the swiftness to which one becomes physically addicted to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back