Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell - COD: "Heroin Poisoning"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Okay, I'm trying to tread lightly here...

In August, a softball field was named after AJ. Her mother also set up a scholarship fund in her name. I have a bit of a problem with both. AFAIK the manner of her death remains undetermined and I understand that the investigation continues. Still...

How will parents explain to their kids that the field/scholarship are named after a young woman who died from heroin poisoning? It just doesn't feel right. I could understand if a foundation was set up to benefit young people involved with drugs, such as a halfway house or an educational program. But to "honor" a community member who possibly died from a heroin overdose seems like a bad message is being sent to youngsters.

If AJ had died while driving drunk would the community accept honoring her in such a way? Maybe everyone is jumping a little too fast in concluding that someone forcibly injected heroin into her vein. It remains a possibility that she knowingly used the drug. I guess I'm saying that it might be prudent to wait until LE releases a final report on what happened to her.

Since it doesn't impact my community I suppose it doesn't matter but given the increasing incidents of heroin overdoses in young people maybe the energy and money invested in honoring AJ would would be more wisely spent in preventing the next young person from suffering the same fate.

https://www.facebook.com/JoeFisherWAVY/videos/985282534850468/
http://wavy.com/2015/08/09/aj-hadsell-honored-on-first-birthday-since-suspicious-death/

Their are a lot in the community that feel this way....I think it would be wise to educate all youngsters in the community on the importance of who you decide to spend time with I.E. marry when you have young children in your home that will/could very well impact THEIR LIFE....But of course some are more worried about other important motives and then claiming victim of their own doing.

Are you taking exception to my comments? Please know that I will be front and center in support of honoring AJ if it turns out that she was forcibly injected with heroin, or even pressured into trying it by her so-called friends. And FWIW, I continue to have suspicions that WH or her "friends" may have played a role in her death.

But as it stands, the only information we have is that she died from heroin poisoning and with no other information available it's hard for me to reconcile the community supporting what appears to be yet another tragic overdose by a young person. If you have knowledge as an insider that disputes my thoughts then I am more than willing to re-think my comments.
I suppose not being local to the community, you may not have seen this.

http://wtkr.com/2015/10/08/wesley-hadsell-charged-with-possession-of-heroin/

I suppose not being local to the community, you may not have seen this.

http://wtkr.com/2015/10/08/wesley-hadsell-charged-with-possession-of-heroin/

No, I hadn't seen that link, so thank you.

From it:

Investigators have never publicly named Hadsell as a suspect, but new federal court filings reveal they believed Hadsell abducted AJ. The documents say for a week in March detectives conducted surveillance on him.

They watched Hadsell driving erratically, changing his clothes, at one point even wearing a mask to hide his face. The records say police used that as probable cause to then search Hadsell's hotel room.
"I think this evidence applies to other individuals," Korslund says. "There was other individuals in this hotel room who may have had a motive to harm AJ who had a closer relationship than just her step dad. He`s one piece of the puzzle."

If this leads to new information and new charges then yes, it's a game changer for me. More than anything I would like to see the truth about AJ's death come out.

What do you think about this new information?

ETA: make sure to watch the video.

Unless it is revealed otherwise I'd like to think there was foul play involved and AJ did not take the heroin voluntarily. If Wesley was not guilty of something relating to her disappearance, why would he have been acting so erratically? I don't see it as the way a concerned parent of a missing child would act. JMO

I'm not sure about the voluntarily/involuntarily part. I have no proof, one way or the other.

I agree Wes behaved strangely. MOO.

Another article:

Detectives had cited Hadsell's criminal history and said they saw him driving erratically in an attempt to see whether police were watching him. They went on to say he changed clothes and tried to hide his face with a mask.

Police also pointed to Hadsell's "alleged inconsistent statements," gas station video and the fact that his stepdaughter wasn't posting on social media. Kimball's motion says the gas station video showed nothing.

http://hamptonroads.com/2015/10/stepfather-aj-hadsell-charged-heroin-possession

Unless it is revealed otherwise I'd like to think there was foul play involved and AJ did not take the heroin voluntarily. If Wesley was not guilty of something relating to her disappearance, why would he have been acting so erratically? I don't see it as the way a concerned parent of a missing child would act. JMO

I'm wondering why LE "believed" [[note the use of past-tense*[/B]], that WH abducted AJ. Without a look at the court docs recently filed, we won't know, I guess.

But, back to the abduction theory: AJ was last seen clad in her PJ's , on the morning of her disappearance, by her siblings as they left the house for school. Were her PJ's found at the house? What was she wearing when she was found? I don't think PJ's.

I started to say that if AJ was abducted, her cell phone would have been left at the house -- but not necessarily. (I am assuming that her home is where LE believed that AJ was abducted from -- but, since it wasn't stated in the article -- it could have been from someplace other than her home.)

In fact, if she was abducted, her cell phone was used to communicate with friends/family from the time she was last seen until the communications stopped being sent from her phone. Remember that the texts were thought to have not been texted by AJ, but by someone who was in possession of her phone.

Has WH been charged with abduction? Or is all of this new info coming from LE's reply to WH's attorney who filed a motion trying to have the search thrown out (and the evidence along with it)?

I don't think WH abducted her in a violent way. What comprises "abduction"? I do think he "lured" her into accompany him somewhere that morning of her disappearance.

(IMO)

* [as in: They no longer believe that WH abducted AJ, but used that as a premise to enable a probable cause search of WH's hotel room and allow them [LE] to conduct surveillance on him?]

I don't think WH abducted her in a violent way. What comprises "abduction"? I do think he "lured" her into accompany him somewhere that morning of her disappearance.

(IMO)
Snipped.

I think this is likely.

Another article:

Detectives had cited Hadsell's criminal history and said they saw him driving erratically in an attempt to see whether police were watching him. They went on to say he changed clothes and tried to hide his face with a mask.

Police also pointed to Hadsell's "alleged inconsistent statements," gas station video and the fact that his stepdaughter wasn't posting on social media. Kimball's motion says the gas station video showed nothing.

http://hamptonroads.com/2015/10/stepfather-aj-hadsell-charged-heroin-possession

A lot in there, and from ThatGuyBear's earlier link.

"Police also pointed to Hadsell's "alleged inconsistent statements," gas station video and the fact that his stepdaughter wasn't posting on social media. Kimball's motion says the gas station video showed nothing."

Exactly .... "I met her at a gas station....". (Paraphrased, iirc).

No you didn't.

A lot in there, and from ThatGuyBear's earlier link.

"Police also pointed to Hadsell's "alleged inconsistent statements," gas station video and the fact that his stepdaughter wasn't posting on social media. Kimball's motion says the gas station video showed nothing."

Exactly .... "I met her at a gas station....". (Paraphrased, iirc).

No you didn't.

My same thought.. Stupid thing for the lawyer to say in MO

Even if it was voluntary then I think she may have been talked into it. The old "C'mon try it you will like it".

If others were doing it and she was around them then the peer pressure could have made her agree to doing it. Even if it was an accidental overdose at first then I think it may have become a crime when they did not immediately call 911. Especially if steps were taken to coverup stuff or make it look like something else.

I wish NPD would release an official statement about the current status of their investigation. It's confusing that they used Wes' behavior as probable cause to search his hotel room yet haven't even named him as a POI. If that information wasn't in the federal documents would we ever even hear about it? Now that the cat is out of the bag there's no reason to keep the public in the dark.

How serious was NPD about believing Wes abducted AJ? Solid belief or was it just to get the search warrant? Do they have more evidence beyond what they observed during their surveillance? Argh! Talk to us NPD!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back