Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell's Disappearance from Norfolk, VA - 3 March 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it OCD that I counted the zeros and looked up the number?

Its 100 billion by the way :smile:
I just got lucky and stopped with that many, my hand got tired from pressing the 0 button, lol
but thank you so much for counting, Now I too know.

Dont discount the fact that he was using drugs.

A lot of people go from moderately stupid to downright idiotic when under the influence.....in the case of addicts, every decision is tinged by their drug of choice.

Would you want a crack addicted surgeon operating on you?

Theres a reason why one of the synonyms of sober is "clearheaded".
Zapped--you beat me to it. I was going to reply to courtneyb almost the exact same thing! The drugs made an impulsive, angry, hair-trigger temper dummy even dumber.

I'm going to go back to the very first thread on AJ. There are some things I may be misremembering.

My primary goal is to see whose voices were giving the initial narrative (in real life, not on WS) and which players were most visible.

So true. And if you add 'drugs' to 'mental health issues' and mix in 'male libido' , then you get a high level of appallingly stupid choices. :doh:

Seriously Katydid this is so true and exactly along the lines I've been thinking. A person with mental health issues taking drugs and the effects of those drugs. Frightening mix and I can't move past this.

I should say I have an ex who was a drug addict and the side effects of this were scary. The libido thing in particular I hate having to say it and it could relate to another person but where does the evidence point. JMO. Anyone who has been involved with a coke addict will know what I mean.

Do you really think anyone here took a polygraph?
I don't.
And Im thinking maybe the info came from one of the kids!
JMO

No, but hope springs eternal that everyone will so LE can start to rule people out. I guess we dont even know if AJ's death is a crime, tbh, although I am quite certain it is. This poor girl. She was enormously successful even in the face of what seems to have been a childhood in chaos.

We didnt, several WSers commented on this van and tips were sent in to LE.

The truck belongs to pa$tor and is used in his construction business if Im not mistaken.

Flipping heck I missed this!! And amm no words I'm getting it now. Thank you Zapped ... again

So here's a snapshot from what the case looked like early on:

3/7/15, in a post from molly_maguire:

He is her adoptive father. But without knowing that information you would think they are biological father and daughter. Their family is like any normal blue collar family. The mother & father work to pay the bills and keep food on the table. We've never seen them fight or seen the cops called to their house. Their house in the summer is always the collective meeting spot for the "good" (non troublemaking) teens from the neighborhood, always having a party or cookout for one if they accomplish some major life goal.

I personally did not know AJ, but I did know Wes. When we were moving in, he was on his porch and ran over to help as I struggled to get my mattress in the front door. He came over to talk the day she got accepted to college, he couldn't be any more proud. With that said, I'm not here to brag up on Wes, but I am myself 100% positive he has nothing to do with it.

3/8/15, in a post from Pittie McClure:

Generally speaking the brother mentions to somebody on Twitter that AJ was gonna meet up a friend but needed to blow off some steam so left for a walk witbout a particular destination in mind and ultimately never went to her friend's house. Although who knows because when asked if she made it to her friends house the brother replies with "no she never made it to AJs" .. which confuses my brain because isn't she AJ? (But Its not easy to confuse me!!)

Sounds like the family is working off the theory that she left the house on her own accord and something bad happened to her after that.. I can't get a good feeling on this other than she seems like a normal, active college student so it strikes me as odd that she would just drop off for a week but hey, it's happened before. Based on her SM it seems like she goes home for the weekends frequently and is very close to her brother. That alone makes alarms go off for me.. If she left voluntarily I'd hope she would contact her brother to let him know she is ok. He seems so worried

Either way I hope she is ok! There seems to be a big community of friends and family supporting her and trying to help her find her way home.

I thought that this was what I remembered from early on: a mother who talked to reporters (once), a father described by another local as very loving and almost certainly not involved, a home that's a gathering place for non-trouble-making teens, some confusion about surnames (both "Hadsell" and "Hoffer" were associated with her social media), and the tale, from a brother, about a walk to blow of steam.

Do we know whether the part about meeting a friend was legit?

Do we know who the friend was?

Was the walk disproved?

Soon after, people became confused and, in some cases, suspicious about the family, in part because of the "brother" who wasn't a brother, but a close friend. I'm now guessing that this "brother" was living in AJ's home at the time (I know I could be wrong).

Not trying to implicate anyone, just trying to remember how this all started.

We didnt, several WSers commented on this van and tips were sent in to LE.

The truck belongs to pa$tor and is used in his construction business if Im not mistaken.
Agreed!, I think I was one of the people who brought this picture forward.
Look beyond that, not the white, nor blue......red truck (s) maybe?

I'm Back with a link, (didn't take a month after all),

snip>On March 2, the day she disappeared, Langer says AJ’s mother reached out through Facebook, asking if he’d heard from AJ. However, Langer says they hadn’t talked since last year.
http://wtkr.com/2015/04/13/aj-hadsells-biological-father-i-just-regret-not-being-part-of-her-life/

So as I was trying to point out earlier, there was NO phone call to Bio Dad, it was a facebook message!:facepalm:

So what was the level of concern, I wonder, on Monday March 2?? I thought the Tuesday 4:30 or 5:30 am texts were the ones that caused JH to have suspicions (was that really AJ, something was "off"). Looks like there was enough concern that AJ was actually missing on Monday to contact Mel that day?
ie- Seems strange to wait until Tuesday p.m. to report AJ missing if family was worried enough to contact Mel on Monday, imo.

How in the WORLD did we miss this?
Do you all see what I see?

https://twitter.com/NadeenWTKR/media

April 10th photos. 2 of them

I remember discussing the white truck and what the side logo was and people trying to read it. I don't know if anyone ever found out whose it was. I also saw part of the blue van but I never saw that full picture either. Good find. :)

Just a personal thought, no backup - but I think JH cut up that debit card in an argument. If I recall, she wore the pants in the family. How it got outside is a mystery, though. Maybe she threw it at AJ when she left? Did it seem deliberately placed near the neighbor's house? Hope they got fingerprints off of it.

I am out of the box Grammy so ALL IS IMHO give me a little while and I can come up with anything LOL just exploring something different AJ was a fastball pitcher in softball, IF she is like the other girls I have seen playing softball, she could have broke up the card with her own hands. with one finger on top and one finger on the bottom index finger in the middle of the card. They are strong. Have to be.

If she and JH had a blow up and I can see that with a college age girl, just saw it a few years ago in my own family, no matter how much money they come home broke and need money. Maybe it was about wanting money because it was her spring break. Who knows what she wanted it for?!? And that is why she asked WH for money. This could fit in the white car sitting in the driveway and she left in the white car.

This could be the reason WH is in jail besides his behavior, yes he did what he is accused of. WH is in jail to hope someone will be found out. Also the reason they are keeping quite.

I took my hubby to see my niece play and he was blown away at what the girls could do, he had never seen them in person. I wouldn't mess with them.

ALL the above just random thought.

I must say all of you are coming up with some good ideas. If it is true that AJ and JH had an argument that morning I can see that she may have stormed out and even yelled she was going to Florida for spring break to see her dad. If there was an argument about money and JH cut up her card could she have called WH and said she needed 200 dollars. She may have intended to use that money to get down to FL. WH could have said meet me at my hotel and I will give you the money. She goes there and something happens and she never makes it to FL. Maybe that's why JH messaged Mel, because the threat of going to FL was made by AJ in the argument. JMO. If she was planning to go I wish she would have made it there she would have had a better chance of a good life.
Take that one step further, where AJ then tells WH she wants to go to FL to see her Dad... but WH is her dad! And she's HIS daughter. HIS! That in and of itself could have led to violence, IMO. WH couldn't stop letting us know how she was HIS.

Take that one step further, where AJ then tells WH she wants to go to FL to see her Dad... but WH is her dad! And she's HIS daughter. HIS! That in and of itself could have led to violence, IMO. WH couldn't stop letting us know how she was HIS.

You bring up an interesting point.

Whether its this particular scenario or AJ being forced to make a choice between two parents.........perhaps even ones that were living separately?

Seems like she had either decided or was convinced to make a similar choice once before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay