Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell's Disappearance from Norfolk, VA - 3 March 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Marissa Jasek, WTKR will be airing an interview at 4 today, this time with Wesley Hadsells mother.

From yesterdays interview....

“Oh you don`t know about those then. Anjelica texted us throughout the day of March 2nd after no one physically saw her after 2 pm I guess. Anjelica’s phone communicated with my phone and her mother’s phone. That`s why in the beginning I said that was not my daughter texting, someone had her phone. I can`t prove that, but that person texted us and came out in little bits and pieces that she had used heroin two weeks prior to her death.”

Were these texts from Tidewater Road and the pond, had have been. LE would know where WH was texting from or receiving text. hhhuuummmm

What I mean is.. Just the assumption feels like an attack when you're a family member.
It IS a natural assumption and a POSSIBILITY that she overdosed by willingly doing heroin. I'm not saying that.
I'm responding to it feeling like an attack when you KNOW in your heart and mind that your family member did not do something that put themselves in the position to die.
I wasn't saying you were attacking AJ or that anyone is by just theorizing, sleuthing, questioning. That's what this forum is for.
It all has to be questioned to get to the truth.
I'm just looking at it from the family's point of view because I've been there.

Eta: I don't know what JH or other family members truly believe.
But if they don't believe she did heroin and don't believe she even tried it for the first time on her own, I can imagine how it feels for her. That's all.

BBM

I understand and sympathize with what you are saying. It's awful when a victim of murder is demeaned by total strangers or by the murderer. I think any parent and friend of a victim would feel angry that their dead loved one is being attacked.

That being said, how do you handle those feelings? Do you issue a dignified statement to the press and then just ignore comments from strangers, and cry and vent privately? Or do you go on the offensive and use offensive language attacking those strangers publicly and relentlessly, engaging in SM war? I doubt you would have done the latter, no matter how attacked you felt. The uncontrolled anger and nastiness displayed by some since AJ disappeared, even before the COD was released, is of great concern. IMO It speaks, not just to their understandable feelings, but to the anger management ability and impulse control of some who were close to AJ.

Should be interesting. what a bunch of clowns. AJ would be embarrassed I think by the way her family is acting

ETA.. That was in response to Klily444

Quote Originally Posted by vail
In what context would someone text their estranged stepfather to tell him she had used heroin two weeks ago?

Quote Originally Posted by mpnola View Post
Snipped by me. I must be missing something. Is there somewhere that says he was estranged? He and Jen were separated. He is her legal father. I havent seen anyone anywhere BUT HERE say that they were estranged and didnt speak! THIS is why who her father is is relevant. Because people are ASSUMING that because Wes and Jen were not together that AJ was not speaking to him. As far as I know, thats simply not true. Even her friends were hanging out with him, so what makes anyone think that she wasnt speaking to him?? Y'all please give me a link to show what I am missing.

This fight is pointless and getting very tiring indeed with respect. Wes was AJ estranged farther/step-farther does it really matter.
#Justice4AJ

Pointless to you, maybe. It is very important TO ME. If my sister was killed by someone and we were looking at my dad, it would be very different if we were talking about my dad, who has a seemingly good and normal relationship with VERSUS my dad, who she hates/ he hates her/ they don't speak and there is lots of anger between them. No one thinks that is an issue to assume they were estranged (aka, he didnt give a rats *advertiser censored* about her) versus they had a normal relationship (aka, she still saw him as a parent she could get money from). That's a little mind boggling that a crime forum where we pay attention to details thinks that such an important detail can be misstated time and time again and then consider that the problem that is frustrating lies in that the detail shouldn't matter. I, personally, think its irresponsible to taint the thinking of people who come aboard by calling him anything other than what he was.

If it doesnt matter to anyone but me, then let's just all agree to call him what he is- her adopted father, not estranged, not step-father. That way, I don't have to discuss it anymore.

I just watched the interview again. In that interview from yesterday did WH sort of say they didn't even know time of death? The LEs haven't told them?

<Respectfully snipped for clarity>
Posted by mpnola

I, personally, think its irresponsible to taint the thinking of people who come aboard by calling him anything other than what he was.

If it doesnt matter to anyone but me, then let's just all agree to call him what he is- her adopted father, not estranged, not step-father. That way, I don't have to discuss it anymore.

Very good post. Just to make this absolutely clear to newcomers and old timers alike:

AJ had three men in her life who have been called her father.

Mel--Her birth father. He had not been actively present in her life since she was a toddler. Jen left him to go live with Zach.

Zach--Her stepfather who raised her from the time she was a toddler until age 10-11? She went by his name, Hoffer, until she was adopted by Wes. Zach is the one from whom AJ was estranged.

Wes--Her legal adoptive father for several years. Although he and her mother were separated, we have no proof that Wes and AJ were estranged.

BBM

I understand and sympathize with what you are saying. It's awful when a victim of murder is demeaned by total strangers or by the murderer. I think any parent and friend of a victim would feel angry that their dead loved one is being attacked.

That being said, how do you handle those feelings? Do you issue a dignified statement to the press and then just ignore comments from strangers, and cry and vent privately?

I can't bold from my phone, so I snipped.
Yes that is what I would do. Point well taken!

I can't bold from my phone, so I snipped.
Yes that is what I would do. Point well taken!

I thought so. :)

And by the way, I meant to give you a hug for what you went through. {{{{SavvyRose}}}}

Is it just me? I would feel so weird if my 19 year old daughter left to go party with my husband (her adoptive father, whatever) that I'd asked to leave my home because he was into drugs.

Yeah, I'm not sure at all. Just super empathetic to victims families and admittedly, sometimes, that puts me in a position to be fooled.

As a rule, I am as well. As per TOS here, AJ's family is a victim and I'm well aware of what that means. :silenced:

I just watched the interview again. In that interview from yesterday did WH sort of say they didn't even know time of death? The LEs haven't told them?

So tonight they are going to show part of an interview with Wes and then with his Mother? Can't wait to hear what that's all about. From what I gather from all the bickering on SM, Jen, Collin and Andre, Drew (the family) has clearly decided Wes is the one and only one behind this tragedy. Is that what yall surmise? They have labelled him "The Monster" who did this, right? Then what little I saw of WH's interview recently, he is trying to say it's another family member.

So tonight they are going to show part of an interview with Wes and then with his Mother? Can't wait to hear what that's all about. From what I gather from all the bickering on SM, Jen, Collin and Andre, Drew (the family) has clearly decided Wes is the one and only one behind this tragedy. Is that what yall surmise? They have labelled him "The Monster" who did this, right? Then what little I saw of WH's interview recently, he is trying to say it's another family member.

He did but I just watched this updated link with a little more of the interview and he says he doesn't know and would not cover for them if he did know.
They all seem to agree that AJ was murdered.. Even WH says it at the beginning of this.

http://wtkr.com/2015/06/29/aj-hadse...inal-text-messages-were-sent-by-someone-else/

LE likely wouldn't reveal the approximate time of death to anyone, including close family members and/or friends. It wouldn't serve to benefit the case if they divulge this particular information if they suspect any living individual(s) could possibly know it.

Is it just me? I would feel so weird if my 19 year old daughter left to go party with my husband (her adoptive father, whatever) that I'd asked to leave my home because he was into drugs.

Perhaps that was part of the issues between Jen and Wes? Probably not, but you never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The behavior on SM, with them declaring that AJ never even smoked a cigarette or had a drink makes it even worse. AJ did not have to be without flaws to be important. The thing that pops into my head is "I think the lady doth protest too much."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AJ, herself,JMO posted about alcohol and about 420, which is about pot. She seemed to have a 'normal' attitude towards that stuff for a college freshman.

Quote Originally Posted by vail
In what context would someone text their estranged stepfather to tell him she had used heroin two weeks ago?

Quote Originally Posted by mpnola View Post
Snipped by me. I must be missing something. Is there somewhere that says he was estranged? He and Jen were separated. He is her legal father. I havent seen anyone anywhere BUT HERE say that they were estranged and didnt speak! THIS is why who her father is is relevant. Because people are ASSUMING that because Wes and Jen were not together that AJ was not speaking to him. As far as I know, thats simply not true. Even her friends were hanging out with him, so what makes anyone think that she wasnt speaking to him?? Y'all please give me a link to show what I am missing.

Pointless to you, maybe. It is very important TO ME. If my sister was killed by someone and we were looking at my dad, it would be very different if we were talking about my dad, who has a seemingly good and normal relationship with VERSUS my dad, who she hates/ he hates her/ they don't speak and there is lots of anger between them. No one thinks that is an issue to assume they were estranged (aka, he didnt give a rats *advertiser censored* about her) versus they had a normal relationship (aka, she still saw him as a parent she could get money from). That's a little mind boggling that a crime forum where we pay attention to details thinks that such an important detail can be misstated time and time again and then consider that the problem that is frustrating lies in that the detail shouldn't matter. I, personally, think its irresponsible to taint the thinking of people who come aboard by calling him anything other than what he was.

How would they not be 'estranged' if her mother kicked him out for heavy drug usage, possession of ammo while a felon, and whatever other reasons she had. I would assume that situation would affect the relationship between the children and the man kicked out of the home?

I think estranged is a proper term. Wes said himself that she never called him. And they talked about school that day she went missing because apparently they had never had the chance to do so before.

[video=twitter;615958069252648963]https://twitter.com/MarissaJasek/status/615958069252648963[/video]

I would be surprised if time of death could be determined, other than an estimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela