Anna Christian Waters (Missing 1/16/1973 from Half Moon Bay, CA)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that the name business took place shortly before or shortly after Anna's birth.
Thanks, Mr. Ford. I'm glad that was cleared up because I thought it happened much later than it did and not around the time of her birth.

HeartofTexas said:
You may have cleared this up earlier but, if there was no involvement for the previous 5 years, how was the Eifee name change dealt with? Was that done in the first few months after Anna was born, and not later, as I previously thought?
The name change occured approximately on month after Anna's Birth (about Oct. 1967). During the five year period starting shortly after Anna's birth and ending with her disappearance, Waters's involvement with the family was limited to the mailing of child support payments.

Thanks, Dr. Doogie (and Mr. Ford)... if this fact was stated this plainly earlier, I somehow missed it, or forgot it. I had no idea Dr. Waters had so little involvement in Anna's life for 5 years. For some reason, this revelation tends to make me think he was not involved in her abduction, except for the off chance Brody encouraged it in order to cease child support payments.

Someone had mentioned trying to get Anna her own forum here on WS. How is that coming? Having various threads on Anna, where some of the more pertinent information could be spelled out, and easily accessed, would make things so much easier. As it is, we have 563 posts to run through trying to retrieve forgotten information.

Joe Ford said:
Brilliant research. You folks here are truly amazing. The example given, would seem to me, however, to describe a far more acute form of the disease than G.W. manifested.
Also, there is the fact that there was no involvement on his part with the family for the five years previous to Anna's disappearance. Brody, to my knowledge, was never formaly diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. I suspect that he suffered from a malady known as pathological narciccism , and equally dementia driven mental state.

The fact that GW was able to function in emergency room (patch-up) jobs with little ongoing patient contact is deceptive. He had been diagnosed as paranoid schizophrenic and had been in treatment for some time before he left the family. His therapist had suggested hospitalization several times, but the family was reluctant to hospitalize him involuntarily, and of course he did not think anything was wrong with him. His therapist once said "time has no meaning to a person in this situation." So although he had no face-to-face contact with the family (apart from sending support checks), I do not think they were out of his mind. As to Brody, Joe Ford's diagnosis seems right on.
The amended birth certificate, by the way, was issued within a month of Anna's birth in 1967, if memory serves.

Several members have reassured me that the custodial family and friends were not under suspicion in Anna's disappearance, so I want to reassure you that having this matter brought up did not bother me (in fact, I can hardly get my brain around it.) But it is a matter of sleuthing protocol to ask these questions. When a PI was first on Anna's case in the 1980s, questioning the whereabouts and motivations of the immediate family was the first thing he did. I was aghast at that time, but I'm not aghast now. And thank you, thank you, thank you, Websleuthers and especially Dr. Doogie, for all the intelligent questions, investigation, and the light you have shed on this case.

The Admins are reviewing the thread and determining whether we will be moving to a separate forum. Thanks to everyone for your interest in Anna's case - your interest has made this thread one of the most active in the Cold Case section. (It is fascinating to me that this thread has had more "hits" than the Chandra Levy case which has had national media exposure.) Great job, WSers!

Great news, Dr. Doogie. I'll keep my fingers crossed it merits a forum of its own. If it does, I'll be glad to help go through the 23 pages of posts and help pull out pertinent information for various new topics (like key players, chronology of events, descriptions, etc.). That way, anyone new to the case could read some basic facts with ease.

Annasmom, I have a couple of questions. I'm trying to get a better idea of what Anna might look like today.

Did Anna look like you, or your baby pictures, when she was young? Did she take after you as far as build, hair color, facial construction, etc?

If so, what color would you say her blonde hair would be by the time she was 20... or 30? Strawberry... light brown? Would her hair still be curly, or just wavy, or straight?

How tall do you think she would be?

Would she have light skin, olive skin (doubtful), freckles, etc.?

Obviously, if Anna took after Dr. Waters' side of the family, it might be more difficult for you to answer these questions, and that's fine.

HeartofTexas said:
Annasmom, I have a couple of questions. I'm trying to get a better idea of what Anna might look like today.

Did Anna look like you, or your baby pictures, when she was young? Did she take after you as far as build, hair color, facial construction, etc?

If so, what color would you say her blonde hair would be by the time she was 20... or 30? Strawberry... light brown? Would her hair still be curly, or just wavy, or straight?

How tall do you think she would be?

Would she have light skin, olive skin (doubtful), freckles, etc.?

Obviously, if Anna took after Dr. Waters' side of the family, it might be more difficult for you to answer these questions, and that's fine.

Heart of Texas: The most recent age-advanced picture from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children was a pretty good representation of what I think Anna would look like. I took this picture, rendered it in black and white, and with a pencil made some changes such as adding glasses, making cheekbones more prominent and head longer. The Waters family and mine have many physical characteristics in common, which makes it easier to say what Anna would look like: medium height and weight, fair-skinned, with blondish brown hair, wavy. No freckles, but some moles. Dr. Doogie posted (I think) the NCMEC age-advanced picture on the first page of the forum. I'm not sure whether he posted my pencilled "improvements", but I'll ask.

Annasmom said:
Heart of Texas: The most recent age-advanced picture from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children was a pretty good representation of what I think Anna would look like. I took this picture, rendered it in black and white, and with a pencil made some changes such as adding glasses, making cheekbones more prominent and head longer. The Waters family and mine have many physical characteristics in common, which makes it easier to say what Anna would look like: medium height and weight, fair-skinned, with blondish brown hair, wavy. No freckles, but some moles. Dr. Doogie posted (I think) the NCMEC age-advanced picture on the first page of the forum. I'm not sure whether he posted my pencilled "improvements", but I'll ask.
I also posted Annasmoms alterations to the pics on a later post. Here they are again:

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...earchLang=en_US

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/drdoogief/detail?.dir=aac9&.dnm=f193scd.jpg&.src=ph

I just heard back from the admins and, at this time, they are opting to not create a separate forum for Anna. They will keep a watch on the traffic and perhaps create one in the future.

Anna'smom, this is sort of off topic, but I was just looking at George Water's picture of when he was 25. I have no idea of what kind of husband he was to you when you were married, but he was a handsome dude. I feel sorry for him, being trapped inside his mind like that.

Personal questions you do not have to answer:

1. Was he kind of normal in the beginning and were you two ever happy? I would like to think so.

2. Do you have any other pics of him to share? One holding baby Anna perhaps?

3. Are Anna's brothers George Water's sons as well with you? How has this whole deal affected their later years? Did you go to his funeral?

Again, I am sorry to ask such personal questions. I just want to get a better idea of the enigmatic George Waters. It is just such a sad story.

Sincerely,
Mary

Thanks, Annasmom and Dr. Doogie, for the detailed answers to my questions and for the enhancements to the pictures of Anna. I now have a very clear idea of what Anna might look like.

Check out this thread here in cold cases. THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE:crazy:

Anna's mom did a wonderful job writing Anna's case summary for the "Tell Me Who I Am" series on the Project Jason Voice for the Missing blog.

You can see it here:

Blog Entry for Anna

We are working on some other items for Anna, which will be announced as they come to fruition.

Thank you.

I have recreated the Timeline for the pertinent events at the Ranch on the day that Anna disappeared. I thought it might take up too much space here so have posted it as a blog. I hope that it will be helpful to you all.

http://annawaters.blogspot.com/

Thanks, Mr. Ford, for a very nice timeline. It appears there was only a 5-10 minute window of opportunity for Anna to have been abducted. Your friend saw her at 2:10 p.m. and by 2:15-2:20, Anna's mom noticed everything was quiet and went to look for Anna. It sends shivers down my spine just reading that. I am at the point of tears just thinking about it.

The only semi-decent idea I've had since late last night re trying to locate Anna is sifting through the abundance of online high school annuals from schools on the west coast (California, Oregon and Washington), and looking for someone who pretty well matches the sketches done of Anna by her Mom (on page 23 of this thread). However, the task seems a bit daunting and would have to be done in a methodical way... and would probably take months, if not longer. Does anyone have any input on this idea and, if so, do they have a more organized mind than I do on how we could effectively go about it?

Anna would have started 1st grade in the Fall of 1973 which means, if I'm figuring correctly, she would have graduated from high school in the Spring of 1985.

Other than the above idea, I'm pretty much at a standstill on what direction to go in. I've searched every adoption forum on the internet for well over 100 hours searching out any clue that the family has offered, hoping to find someone looking for their "birth family". I've used the names of Anna's brothers, the dog's name, and every other word combination I can think of. Initially I used Anna's original date of birth but later just used 1967 (and '67) since I do not think the people who abducted Anna would give her the same DOB, if they even knew it.

If anyone has any areas they would like for me to explore, I'm more than willing to help. I just don't have any good ideas left in my own brain.

I found something called "10 Reasons Children Disappear" and found reason #9 to be particularly pertinent, albeit shocking that there are illegal adoption agencies willing to kidnap children for sale:

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]9. Many men and women cannot bear their own children and want to adopt. The problem is there are many illegal agencies that find and kidnap children for adoption or "sale". The rewards in money and other compensations are great. Some kidnappers are hired to search for a particular type of child. There are many reasons why children are abused and kidnapped, bought and sold. Unfortunately the biggest reason is that children believe and trust us, the adults, the ones who are supposed to give them love and keep them safe.[/font]
http://missingchildreninternational.org/index.php?a=22&b=12%20

HeartofTexas said:
The only semi-decent idea I've had since late last night re trying to locate Anna is sifting through the abundance of online high school annuals from schools on the west coast (California, Oregon and Washington), and looking for someone who pretty well matches the sketches done of Anna by her Mom (on page 23 of this thread). However, the task seems a bit daunting and would have to be done in a methodical way... and would probably take months, if not longer. Does anyone have any input on this idea and, if so, do they have a more organized mind than I do on how we could effectively go about it?
An excellent idea, but that would be rather time consuming. One way to narrow the search a little bit would be to concentrate on states that issued license plates that were white with green letters during the late 1960's (see Annasbro's post concerning the vehicle).

HeartofTexas said:
Anna would have started 1st grade in the Fall of 1973 which means, if I'm figuring correctly, she would have graduated from high school in the Spring of 1985.
You are correct in your timeframes. You may want to look a year later also in case she was held back a year or was started a year later while the "adopted parents" figured out how to create a paper trail that would cover their tracks.

HeartofTexas said:
Other than the above idea, I'm pretty much at a standstill on what direction to go in. I've searched every adoption forum on the internet for well over 100 hours searching out any clue that the family has offered, hoping to find someone looking for their "birth family". I've used the names of Anna's brothers, the dog's name, and every other word combination I can think of. Initially I used Anna's original date of birth but later just used 1967 (and '67) since I do not think the people who abducted Anna would give her the same DOB, if they even knew it.
The only reason that I can think of that they might have used the same birthdate and place is because of a strong belief in astrology. Your theory is probably the most logical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member