Anna Christian Waters (Missing 1/16/1973 from Half Moon Bay, CA)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hollow said:
That is a great idea. Maybe it could even get nationwide. We already have 3 candles being lit at 8 tomorrow.:)
More than three, I think.

since i will be at work at 8 working till 11 got to love retail i went to the website and lit a candle for anna as well as janice pockett

I have received the "Box from Hell". I will be posting anything of interest here. Already, I have found a studio portrait photo of Brody that does not have a hat on, so we can get a better idea of what he looked like for ID purposes. I will post it shortly.

PonderingThings said:
WOW! Did you guys see the thread Shadow205 posted about the woman who believes she was kidnapped in 1970?

I'm sorry Anna's mom as I don't believe its Anna, but it IS what we all hope Anna will one day do!

Shadow's thread is here
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36765
Yes, I did. There are some glaring differences (she seems to be able to account for time in 1972 when she was in second grade, where Anna was in kindergarten in 1973 when she disappeared). That being said, there are a lot of similarities between this woman and Anna - physical description, memories of being raised on an "orchard", a "river", a brother and a dog. There is definitely hope that Anna is doing the same thing as this lady - looking for her parents!

I did some more followup on Delia Cly with the goal of contacting her to compare notes between her case and Anna. After the further review, I have decided not to contact her. She has some very specific memories of dates and school milestones that would preclude her being Anna (such as being in the second grade in 1971 (two years before Anna disappeared).

This case does give us hope that Anna also is out there attempting to find her family. Delia would have been about the same age as Anna when she disappeared, and Delia's has enough memories of her "first" family to prompt her to search for them. We can only pray that Anna will do the same and to provide enough clues that she can find them.

I made the following post at the Delia Cly thread:

"Annasmom (the mother of Anna Christian Waters) raised an excellent point: Delia mentions that the aunt says that Jessie Ray "stole a child", but does not specifically say that Delia was that child. Since one of the siblings listed is "Annie Kay", we would be interested to see if any of the siblings could also be stolen.

In Anna's thread, we have established that Anna may have been taken by a couple with Washington license plates. Delia also mentions that she had lived in Modesto, which is approximately two-three hours from Half Moon Bay by car and would fit with our most plausible theory. There are several things about this case that align with Anna's except for the timing (Delia was taken three years before Anna and has memories during that gap that would preclude Delia being Anna. However, if Delia were not the only sibling that was stolen, it would be of great interest to us.

Whoever contacts Delia, could they please ask these questions. And if possible and with Delia's permission, I would like to have an email address to contact her directly with these and other questions of interest to the ACW case."

And we wait and see...

Doogie, tell Annasmom she gets a huge "A" for extrapolating from Delia's email what she did. I also found the statement "stole a child" (inferring it could have been a child other than Delia) to be an odd one, but let it go. Kudos to Annasmom for thinking outside of the box.

In case the phone number Delia gave turns out to be an incorrect one, I found this listing in Gilmer, TX which might prove helpful in locating Delia. I don't have Delia's page in front of me so don't know if the phone numbers are the same.

Cly Mobile Home Sales
(903) 797-6525
[size=-1]326 Old Coffeeville Rd[/size]
[size=-1]Gilmer, TX 75644[/size]

HeartofTexas said:
Doogie, tell Annasmom she gets a huge "A" for extrapolating from Delia's email what she did. I also found the statement "stole a child" (inferring it could have been a child other than Delia) to be an odd one, but let it go. Kudos to Annasmom for thinking outside of the box.

In case the phone number Delia gave turns out to be an incorrect one, I found this listing in Gilmer, TX which might prove helpful in locating Delia. I don't have Delia's page in front of me so don't know if the phone numbers are the same.

Cly Mobile Home Sales
(903) 797-6525
[size=-1]326 Old Coffeeville Rd[/size]
[size=-1]Gilmer, TX 75644[/size]
It is a different number than listed on Delia's post (great job, as usual!). One item that should be cleared up by someone is: Is Cly her name she was raised with (her "father" / kidnapper is listed as Jessie Ray Davis) or is that a married name?

I wondered the same thing... but think that Cly is her married name. Jessie's name was Jessie Ray Davis, so assume her maiden name was Delia Davis.

One thing that occurred to me, Dr. Doogie... if, as Delia said in some of her writings, that:

I lived in Denver, Colorado. in 1971, I was in 2nd grade... Jessie's last child was born in Denver in 1971 that's how I know I lived there...
then doesn't it make sense that she would have recalled a child being brought into the family after 1971 (i.e., Anna was abducted in 1973). Just wondering.

HeartofTexas said:
I wondered the same thing... but think that Cly is her married name. Jessie's name was Jessie Ray Davis, so assume her maiden name was Delia Davis.

One thing that occurred to me, Dr. Doogie... if, as Delia said in some of her writings, that:

then doesn't it make sense that she would have recalled a child being brought into the family after 1971 (i.e., Anna was abducted in 1973). Just wondering.
You are correct. She hopefully will recall any additional children being added to the family during that period that is what we want to ask her. The reason that I would like to raise the question to her is because of some of the seeming inconsistencies in her story. I do not think that anything she says is untrue, I just believe that because of her closeness to the events, there are questions that are being raised by her statements that can probably be cleared up with a few direct inquiries.

Interestingly, I found a Delia C. Davis (don't know what "our" Delia's middle name is/was) who married a Rex Cly in Texas in 1978. Based on what little we know about "our" Delia, that would mean she married when she was in 9th grade. I wonder if they could be the same Delia?

Something has dawned on me today concerning the whole internet sleuthing community: There are sites that list missing people and sites that list unidentified bodies - there does not appear to be any sites for people such as Delia Cly (or Anna, for that matter) to post that they believe that they were abducted and want to find their family. While some of this is indirectly covered on the afore-mentioned websites and various adoption sites, none exists (that I am aware of) for the specific purpose of allowing abductees try and relocate their families. This seems to be a major gap in the internet missing person world. Just a thought...

HeartofTexas said:
Interestingly, I found a Delia C. Davis (don't know what "our" Delia's middle name is/was) who married a Rex Cly in Texas in 1978. Based on what little we know about "our" Delia, that would mean she married when she was in 9th grade. I wonder if they could be the same Delia?
And you Texans laugh at some of the weird sexual habits of us Californians. LOL!

All regional ribbing aside, how many Delia's and how many Cly's could there be? Sounds like you have a match to me.

Dr. Doogie said:
Something has dawned on me today concerning the whole internet sleuthing community: There are sites that list missing people and sites that list unidentified bodies - there does not appear to be any sites for people such as Delia Cly (or Anna, for that matter) to post that they believe that they were abducted and want to find their family. While some of this is indirectly covered on the afore-mentioned websites and various adoption sites, none exists (that I am aware of) for the specific purpose of allowing abductees try and relocate their families. This seems to be a major gap in the internet missing person world. Just a thought...
There is only one other case that I know of where this has happened. The young man thought he was Russell Mort. He contacted the NCMEC and they arranged for DNA testing (which was negative). When the articles were written it was said that it was rare that someone thought they were an abductee.

People have asked it he's still searching for his "birth family" but I have not read any further about the possibility.

Although there are not many "public" cases, the services are available to those who seek assistance.

A public forum, such as websleuths is also available to anyone who is searching.

HeartofTexas said:

Delia mentioned how she used to stand at school when the bus came and cry because she didn't want to go back to where she came from, she also alluded to what he did to her. It would be pretty common under those kinds of circumstances for a kid to either run away, or marry very young.

All regional ribbing aside, how many Delia's and how many Cly's could there be? Sounds like you have a match to me.
I agree. The coincidence level is way too high and especially when you consider they married in Texas and Delia now lives in Texas.

According to the records I found, Delia Davis married Rex Cly. I found a listing for Rex Cly in Gilmer, Texas, as follows:

Rex Cly, (903) 797-2735, , Gilmer, TX 75644

So, there's another phone number to add to our growing list of phone numbers.

HeartofTexas said:
According to the records I found, Delia Davis married Rex Cly. I found a listing for Rex Cly in Gilmer, Texas, as follows:

Rex Cly, (903) 797-2735, , Gilmer, TX 75644

So, there's another phone number to add to our growing list of phone numbers.
Rex & Delia were divorced in 1988.

Well, they may be divorced now but I think it was probably our Delia who married him:

Texas Marriage Collection, 1814-1909 and 1966-2002 Record[url="http://c.ancestry.com/i/search/info16_ico.gif"]http://c.ancestry.com/i/search/info16_ico.gif

[/url]about Rex K Cly

Name:Rex K ClyGender:Male Marriage Date:1 Jun 1978Estimated Birth Year:abt 1958 Age:20 Spouse Delia C Davis Spouse Gender:Female Spouse Est Birth Year:abt 1964 Spouse Age:14 Marriage County:Upshur Marriage State:Texas Source:Texas Marriage Index, 1966-2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshibee