DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://coronado.patch.com/articles/dete ... despondent

Detectives: Zahau Calm, Not Despondent
--Nov.4/2011----------more @ link---

Investigators who spent time with her after her boyfriend's son was seriously injured were not concerned with her mental state, said an attorney who is examining the case files.

Coronado detectives told Sheriff's investigators after Rebecca Zahau died that she didn't feel responsible for grave injuries suffered by her boyfriend's son or show any signs of depression in the aftermath of his accident.

The statements, revealed in investigative files being reviewed by an attorney hired by the Zahau family, were made by detectives on July 19. They had accompanied Zahau to the hospital after Max Shacknai, 6, fell and suffered the head injuries that would ultimately kill him.

They described her as tearful, anxious and trembling, but they also concluded that her behavior was consistent with someone who had seen a loved one seriously injured, according to the attorney, Anne Bremner.

Bremner said the investigative files contain some information that already has been released, such as autopsy reports and search warrants. Other materials include photos, DVD's, lab reports, surveillance footage, medical records and videotaped interviews of Adam Shacknai and Xena Zahau.

Bremner does not have the file on the boy's death, but said she will request it because she believes the cases are connected.

“I think they're connected. Let's look at everything, blue sky, open air,“ the Seattle-based lawyer said.

Bremner said the investigative files contain some information that already has been released, such as autopsy reports and search warrants. Other materials include photos, DVD's, lab reports, surveillance footage, medical records and videotaped interviews of Adam Shacknai and Xena Zahau.

Bremner does not have the file on the boy's death, but said she will request it because she believes the cases are connected.

“I think they're connected. Let's look at everything, blue sky, open air,“ the Seattle-based lawyer said.

Something's not right here. Xena had already flown home the morning of 7/12/2011. She was not in Coronado, SD.

If the attorney Bremner did not receive the files on Max, that would mean Xena Zahau was processed, finger-printed, and underwent a videotaped interview - interrogated - about her own sister Rebecca Zahau's death even though Xena was not in Coronado that night of 7/12/2011 - 7/13/2011!

Why would LE question and processed the sister Xena, and not interrogate Jonah Shacknai, or Dina Romano who were in Coronado?!!!

Looks like there were alot of visitors to the mansion that night:

From Anne Bremner's Facebook page:

Anne Bremner She did come forward about the visit and her late - night text. Now it looks like Dina was out front after ten pm......
3 hours ago · Like · 1

http://twitter.com/#!/annembremner

annembremnerAnne Bremner
I will be on Fox News tomorrow night ( sunday nov.6th.) at seven pm PT on the Rebecca Zahau case with Rebecca's sister Snowem.

---------posted saturday, nov.5th.

Officers that saw and talked to Rebecca after MS accident reported she was understandably upset, but by the time of the Press Conference they reported some kind of ongoing depression for months. They even had her losing weight from depression. Just wondering if their witness of this bogus depression was DS or Nina. It's diabolical how far the SDSO would go to force a suicide theory.

--at the ( it was suicide/science doesn't lie/end of story/case closed ) press conf. they "declined" to mention who had told them about rebecca's depression etc.

--it later came out.

http://coronado.patch.com/articles/...robe-death-suicide-hanging-shacknai-mansion#c

To further establish her poor state of mind, investigators also noted the words of a witness who told them Zahau complained in January of feeling stressed. She had been losing weight and did not feel up to working out, an activity that the fit woman greatly enjoyed.
A new witness coming forward could be crucial to the potential for reopening the case, but for [Snowem] Horwath, it's even more personal: She was the person who told authorities about her sister's mental state in January, when she left Germany to spent a month with Zahau in Arizona.
That memory, Horwath said, was a small part of a nearly two-hour talk with a female detective who she now accuses of taking her words out of context to bolster the suicide finding.

“The context was more important than that sentence they picked out,” Horwath said. “That hurt and at the same time showed the lack of professionalism in their work.”

--------------unbelievable----that they would use that her sister had told them that rebecca was stressed out back in JANUARY----as part of their suicidal "findings" given out at their press conference.

Something's not right here. Xena had already flown home the morning of 7/12/2011. She was not in Coronado, SD.

If the attorney Bremner did not receive the files on Max, that would mean Xena Zahau was processed, finger-printed, and underwent a videotaped interview - interrogated - about her own sister Rebecca Zahau's death even though Xena was not in Coronado that night of 7/12/2011 - 7/13/2011!

Why would LE question and processed the sister Xena, and not interrogate Jonah Shacknai, or Dina Romano who were in Coronado?!!!
Wow, that is such a good point!

Looks like there were alot of visitors to the mansion that night:

From Anne Bremner's Facebook page:

Anne Bremner She did come forward about the visit and her late - night text. Now it looks like Dina was out front after ten pm......
3 hours ago · Like · 1

Dina, really? If so ..... HOLY COW! Did Anne possibly just make a mistake

Dina, really? If so ..... HOLY COW! Did Anne possibly just make a mistake

Looks like she probably meant Nina, but it will be interesting to see if that is not the case.

Looks like she probably meant Nina, but it will be interesting to see if that is not the case.
Snipped from nanwv's post, above:

>>>From Anne Bremner's Facebook page:

Anne Bremner She did come forward about the visit and her late - night text. Now it looks like Dina was out front after ten pm......<<<

I think Anne meant just what she said here: somebody saw Dina in front of Shacknai's house at 10:00pm, before Rebecca died there, before twin Nina's 10:41 text message to Rebecca, and before Nina, too, "dropped by" to chat with Rebecca about Maxie's accident.

(Rumor alert! A poster at The Hinky Meter said he knows the person who reported seeing a woman outside Shacknai's house that night, and he said that the reporter ID'd that woman as Dina Shacknai to LE. He also said that the twins are fraternal, and do not look enough alike to be mistaken one for the other. FWIW. Post by "dogdays", 3rd from last, is here: http://www.thehinkymeter.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=1402&start=100)

Also, Valhall has posted a (great) new article, here:

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2011/1...se-sdsos-hypocrisy-knows-no-bounds/#more-8361

Anne Bremner She did come forward about the visit and her late - night text. Now it looks like Dina was out front after ten pm......<<<

I think Anne meant just what she said here: somebody saw Dina in front of Shacknai's house at 10:00pm, before Rebecca died there, before twin Nina's 10:41 text message to Rebecca, and before Nina, too, "dropped by" to chat with Rebecca about Maxie's accident.

(Rumor alert! A poster at The Hinky Meter said he knows the person who reported seeing a woman outside Shacknai's house that night, and he said that the reporter ID'd that woman as Dina Shacknai to LE. He also said that the twins are fraternal, and do not look enough alike to be mistaken one for the other. FWIW. Post by "dogdays", 3rd from last, is here: http://www.thehinkymeter.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=1402&start=100)

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2011/1...se-sdsos-hypocrisy-knows-no-bounds/#more-8361

Well that is interesting. Thank you!

Love Val's comment on the 'staged homicide' comment from SDSO PR. I did read it three times and am still clueless as to the implications. As Val predicted it did not get better with practice, lol.

I would add No sexual assault!????? Just for the sake humoring this proposition how, pray tell, would this scenario have been played out?? Ludicrous to be sure.

Well, interesting... that poster seems to be saying the witness/man told police it was Dina and identified her from a photo. That possibly Nina is not telling the truth and trying to say it was her now. Hmmm, the plot thickens

Well that is interesting. Thank you!

Love Val's comment on the 'staged homicide' comment from SDSO PR. I did read it three times and am still clueless as to the implications. As Val predicted it did not get better with practice, lol.

I would add No sexual assault!????? Just for the sake humoring this proposition how, pray tell, would this scenario have been played out?? Ludicrous to be sure.

It is ridiculous beyond the point of ludicrous.
:floorlaugh:

Nina gives a lengthy description of how she came to be at the house that night, including what she was wearing (!), how she snooped around and saw the light in the balcony room, and how whomever thought he saw Dina there that night couldn't possibly be right. Very interesting.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15982091/exclusive-max-shacknais-aunt-talks-about-coronado-mansion-deaths

It could very well be that RZ didn't want to talk to Nina but where was AS? Both RZ and AS were home at 8 pm. So why didn't AS let Nina in?

Exclusive: Max Shacknai’s aunt talks about Coronado mansion deaths
Updated: Nov 07, 2011 8:55 PM PST
By David Gotfredson, Field Producer

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15982091/exclusive-max-shacknais-aunt-talks-about-coronado-mansion-deaths

(Also, audio interview is at ^ link)

>>>snip

..."The witness sent me a picture of Dina and said it was Dina," according to Bremner, who said the witness was riding a bicycle by the home at approximately 10:20 p.m. on July 12.

"He was going by and saw somebody with a large, black bag trying to get in the front door and looking around and going to the back of the house," Bremner said. "She was 40 to 50 years, 5'5", 170 to 190 lbs., long dark hair; wearing a black and white striped short sleeve shirt," said Bremner.

"He is positive it (was) Dina and she was acting very suspiciously," Bremner wrote. "He has seen subsequent news reports that said Nina was out front and he said that's not the person he saw."

The witness may have mistaken Romano for her twin sister, who was at Children's Hospital by her son's bedside throughout the evening of July 12 and into the morning of July 13, Romano said.

"Seeing as we're twins, I could totally understand how somebody could mistake me at 10 o'clock at night in the dark for my sister," said Romano. "And that makes sense. We have the same body type. She's thinner than I am but we have the same broad shoulders. We're fraternal twins so I get how he could make that mistake. But it was 100% a mistake..."

<<<...>>>

e010.gif
..."I think she committed suicide for sure," said Romano. "I think she was guilty. I think she felt guilty. In my opinion, I feel like she knew more than she disclosed."

"My thought was, ‘Oh my God she did know more than she admitted to.' That was my initial reaction. ‘Oh my gosh, what on earth did she do that she couldn't live with?'"...

(article continues)

<<<snip

Wow.
What timing!
Wow.
I'm biting my tongue now.

Thank you, David Gotfredson, Field Producer at News8!

Even if one assumes that witness mistook Nina for Dina what's with large black bag the witness said he saw? Nina claims she did not carry a large black bag.
What was in that large black bag if the witness is correct?

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15982091/excl ... ion-deaths

--2:54

--Aunt Says Autopsy Report on Max is Wrong---

--no-one in the family has faith in the autopsy report conclusion/ or that maxie died in the manner they were told.

--doesn't believe rebecca told the truth of what happened.

--doesn't believe rebecca gave CPR at all.

--wants a new investigation into maxie's death/ family still searching for answers.

( they do? that's amazing------i believe someone else's family just so happens to want a new investigation too....)

..get in line auntieN....( or to the front of the sheriffG line..?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member