Anne Heche in critical condition following fiery car crash, 5 August 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what Heche's insurance is for. Hopefully she has a fantastic policy.
Although, imo, if the woman is made whole...

Does anyone ever not go to litigation anymore? No wonder our court system never comes close to catching up. MOO The woman's home will be rebuilt. She and her dogs made it out alive and uninjured. Does anyone ever just thank their lucky stars and let that be enough? MOO
When the homeowner has lost his/her property and the tenant (the woman who lived there) has lost every last item that she owned (thankfully not her pets) and now has to find a new roof to put over her head I see no reason they should not be made whole financially.
If their insurance doesn't cover everything (which happens quite often) or the tenant doesn't have rental insurance that covers it, I don't see any reason that filing a law suit against the person who caused it would not be considered. It may be settled during litigation (I would hope so) but if not, IMO that's what the courts are for.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that is most likely. Other causes for intubation in a case like this are severe chest injuries sustained during the crash (a common cause of intubation after a motor vehicle accident as you can injure your lungs -- most have heard the term "collapsed lung"), drug or alcohol intoxication that can compromise airway, and pain so severe requiring medication regimen that can compromise respiratory status.
Yeah. From the reports I read she was conscious though. I don't think the car looked so crumpled as to cause severe injuries like a collapsed lung. And the reports also said she was severely burned, even her hair. I get alcoholic vibes from her recent pictures and she's admitted to substance abuse issues in the past. So not sure that's so much of an issue with her needing to be intubated either. I'm still leaning towards severe burns. Her fault or not it's pretty horrific to consider. Long road ahead.

Would it be ok if it were a middle class person? A poor person? What on earth does her celebrity status have to do with her driving badly?
It isnt ok for anybody to drive in the manner she did- so reckless
And negligent--- That said, because she is a celebrity there is
Huge attention on her actions---and a repulsion regarding
What she did

The investigation is in the early stages and there is no indication that anyone will get a free pass, although I suspect that because of her celebrity status, some will believe that she did.

My friend and her son were killed by non celebrities in South Dakota over a month ago and while we've been told charges are pending, a month later, the investigation continues and charges have not been laid.

I'd far rather see LE conduct a thorough investigation that to see someone villified and convicted on the media, as the sudden blaring headlines about her intoxicaton seem to be doing. Certainly, the media and public sympathy can destroy her career but that's not justice nor does it help those who have been affected.
I'm so sorry for your loss.

The investigation is in the early stages and there is no indication that anyone will get a free pass, although I suspect that because of her celebrity status, some will believe that she did.

My friend and her son were killed by non celebrities in South Dakota over a month ago and while we've been told charges are pending, a month later, the investigation continues and charges have not been laid.

I'd far rather see LE conduct a thorough investigation that to see someone villified and convicted on the media, as the sudden blaring headlines about her intoxicaton seem to be doing. Certainly, the media and public sympathy can destroy her career but that's not justice nor does it help those who have been affected.
So sorry to hear this. I can agree with you that the best thing is for LE to conduct a thorough investigation in your family's case. I pray you all get the justice you deserve.

$34k a month is substantial, there has to be a pretty large amount of cash to generate that kind of return. She's not getting it off residual movie income at this point.

Depends on the state. I paid attention to the fact that a 2-bedroom house that she destroyed cost 1 mln. The prices in California are crazy.

Depends on the state. I paid attention to the fact that a 2-bedroom house that she destroyed cost 1 mln. The prices in California are crazy.
IMO she needs to make the resident whole, no matter the impact to her own personal financial situation.

A family member of mine just moved to San Diego. The $1.5 million dollar house they bought is nice, but tiny. I definitely prefer South FL.

<modsnip>
Some of y’all are so empathetic. I wish I could be more like that… I need to take a bit of that as I just see that speeding and think it’s most likely negligent but I get that maybe it’s not…

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry if this video was already posted. I hadn't seen the part where EMS wheels Anne out on the stretcher. The reporter assumed the driver has passed almost flips when when she sits up. Keep sound on and start video at the 18:00 mark. Watch a couple of minutes. It's so bizarre.

Yeah. From the reports I read she was conscious though. I don't think the car looked so crumpled as to cause severe injuries like a collapsed lung. And the reports also said she was severely burned, even her hair. I get alcoholic vibes from her recent pictures and she's admitted to substance abuse issues in the past. So not sure that's so much of an issue with her needing to be intubated either. I'm still leaning towards severe burns. Her fault or not it's pretty horrific to consider. Long road ahead.

Agree it's likely related to the burns. But just to clarify, you can't go by the vehicle when talking about impact injuries resulting in intubation. A lot of massive internal injuries happen even without the car sustaining catastrophic damage. But true that if she was awake and talking, that's likely not the case here.

IMO she needs to make the resident whole, no matter the impact to her own personal financial situation.

A family member of mine just moved to San Diego. The $1.5 million dollar house they bought is nice, but tiny. I definitely prefer South FL.

I absolutely agree that regardless of the cause of the accident, the homeowner and tenant deserve resitution and hope that is done as quickly as possible.

Maybe because of the custody split? It’s based on the percentage that she would have custody as well. Maybe she has almost full custody?
Some of y’all are so empathetic. I wish I could be more like that… I need to take a bit of that as I just see that speeding and think it’s most likely negligent but I get that maybe it’s not…

I have edited my post above. My feeling is, Laffoon, ex-husband, took Heche to the cleaners. (However, I may be unaware of some details).

My empathy is for the victims of the crash - for now. Till Anne is discharged in a good shape. Then it will switch over to the poor owner of the (ex) house and pets.

Sorry if this video was already posted. I hadn't seen the part where EMS wheels Anne out on the stretcher. The reporter assumed the driver has passed almost flips when when she sits up. Keep sound on and start video at the 18:00 mark. Watch a couple of minutes. It's so bizarre.

Wow, it does look as if the rescuers thought she had passed too, they had her upper body covered up. It really is a miracle when you see that devasting damage!

It would never be "OK" if anyone crashed into someone's else's house, causing a huge amount of property damage, etc.

However - the reason all of us who are upset about this are bringing up AH's celebrity status is because celebrities/wealthy people have historically gotten a pass and/or been treated leniently from LE/the authorities when they behave badly/commit crimes.

I don't feel the need to bring up examples, since everyone knows what I'm talking about.
We have not yet seen any evidence that she is being treated differently.

That has been disproven as the happening the day of the accident.
From the article:

Anne Heche "drank vodka" with "wine chasers" during a "Better Together" podcast recording with co-host Heather Duffy, which was posted hours before the fiery collision Heche reportedly caused on Friday when she crashed her Mini Cooper into a home in Mar Vista, California. The Apple podcast was published on Friday and then removed from the platform. It's unclear when the episode was taped.

Bolded by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member