Anne Heche in critical condition following fiery car crash, 5 August 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics from last March. She looks composed here. I wonder what happened to cause such a disaster.

View attachment 358181
View attachment 358182

You can look "composed" and still be suffering from severe depression, anxiety, etc. They are called "silent killers" for a reason. She perhaps had an episode which lead to this accident.

Wouldn’t her insurance cover damages to the home and accommodation for the displaced tenant? It would I’m Canada.

If she’s found to have been driving under the influence, I would assume she will be charged and the public notified but these things seem to take a while.

A friend and her son were killed by a suspected impaired driver in the South Dakota and while charges are pending, it’s been a month as no formal charges have been laid.
It all depends on coverages and policy limits. Cars striking buildings is fairly common but this is extensive damage and may exceed policy limits. The homeowner's policy will kick in and I am sure everyone will sue Ann Heche if she's got some wealth.

Are you in a flood plane? If you aren't and insurance wouldn't pay, I'd dump that carrier. It's written with the declarations document how much they will pay if you are displaced out of your home for covered damages. I try to direct mine carefully every year to make sure I'm covered adequately.
Sadly flood insurance is different than usual homeowner's insurance. It also just got a lot more expensive. I live in South FL, I am at 26 feet elevation and not required to carry flood but I do. It doubled, I paid $400 last year and this year over $900.

I think the homeowner will eventually be made whole in this case.

Last edited:
I think this podcast was filmed early in the week or even last week, and just posted the day of the crash. Unfortunate coincidence for sure. Source: the article you cited where her manager stated the same, and on her instagram the teaser clip for the podcast is posted July 28.
Ok. Still, there will be a blood test and it will come out whether she was intoxicated or not. IMO she was drunk.

Doing 90MPH laps through a residential area is never a good idea. There are witnesses and video evidence for that.

I've had many sports cars, track days are your friend when you want to go fast.

Whoa...https://www.instagram.com/tv/CaCo-NKgdU8/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
I found an transcript of an old (2001) interview Anne did with Larry King. She admits suffering from a mental illness, she was also doing herself no favors with drug use:

KING: We're back with Anne Heche. Before going to the hospital, you went to some family home, right, somebody's home.

HECHE: Yes.

KING: Did you know them?

HECHE: No.

KING: You just knocked on the door?

HECHE: Well, it's much more complicated than that. But I don't know if I want to tell you all of that. There are certain things that ended up in the papers...

KING: You don't have to. This ain't court.

HECHE: It's not that. It's just that there -- one, I can't explain all of what happened in Fresno unless you know the story that leads up to it. But there were steps along each thing that happened in Fresno that were things I had to live through in order to see the connection to my fantasy world.

And all of those things were specific to things that had happened in my childhood.

KING: Were you at the end of the ropes then?

HECHE: I think that I was at the bitter, bitter end. I was in place where I was ready to leave this planet on my spaceship.

KING: Did you turn to drugs at all?

HECHE: Did I turn to drugs that day?

KING: Yes, or around that time?

HECHE: Yes. I took a hit of ecstasy after -- I woke up in the morning, was told to get in my car again, by God, in my opinion -- who I call Chunas (ph). I did not call God.

KING: Called what?

HECHE: Chunas, which was my word for God, that was the joining of the female and male in God. OK. And I spoke to Chunas all of the time for five years.

We shared a language, the whole thing. I woke up in the morning. I was told to get in the car and go to the desert. Turn here, turn here, here you're going. I had no idea where I was going. And I was told along the way very many different things.

One of those things when I got out of my car was take a hit of ecstasy. This is the thing that gets you on the ship. There is no shame here. There is no shame, there is no shame, there is no shame.

In my world, there was no shame.

KING: What did it do for you, if anything?

HECHE: Nothing. I was so far gone by that point, you know, by the time i took the pill, I was waiting for my spaceship. So you can imagine what it did for me was absolutely zero, except that I didn't have to live in shame. And that was the message of everything I had created for myself.

I was looking up whether damage from smoke inhalation can have permanent effects. With quick treatment, it can be mitigated in that the victim can fully heal.

It appears Ms Heche's immediate intubation at the hospital was to treat the smoke inhalation.
This website gives an example of a victim.

"A smoke inhalation victim. Note the soot in the nostrils and the degree of swelling of the face. His voice were hoarse upon arrival. He had an endotracheal intubation performed (a tube was placed in their airway to help him breathe) because of concern of significant airway edema (swelling) and potential for airway obstruction."

Actually she was in a podcast earlier that day and stated she was drunk: Anne Heche downed vodka, wine in podcast posted hours before crash

Actually she wasn't. <modsnip>
The actress’ rep told TMZ that the podcast about boozing was actually recorded Monday, four days before the crash.

No need, in the absence of facts, to give tabloids who care only about clicks the clicks they want.

She may well have been drunk/drinking when the crash occurred but let's wait for official confirmation of that, if the case, rather than indulge the sensational and opportunistic elements of the media.

I hope the reports that she's stable and likely to recover are accurate. There's a lot of historical fragility there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve lost everything too a natural disaster. Sure, the grief was awful at first. But they were things. Just things. Irreplaceable, yes. But my children were still with me. The stuff wasn’t. So……new pictures started, no old pictures to show, but plenty of old stories to tell.

If I'm interpreting what you're saying correctly, it seems you're saying it could have been worse. If so, I agree with you wholeheartedly.

I'm just making the point that although no one was hurt, that's not really a reason to minimize what happened or normalize it. For one thing, it isn't always possible to make new memories. People die and if the things you have to remember them by are photographs and videos that are destroyed, that's a big deal. That may not have applied to this woman necessarily, but in general, I'm not a believer in things being just things because it's a bigger deal than that. JMO.

I also think that it's possible this woman has been traumatized and will have mental health issues of her own for the rest of her life due to this life-changing event. Again, I have sympathy for AH, but she very well might have destroyed another human being's life, even if she didn't kill her.

Ok. Still, there will be a blood test and it will come out whether she was intoxicated or not. IMO she was drunk.

Doing 90MPH laps through a residential area is never a good idea. There are witnesses and video evidence for that.

I've had many sports cars, track days are your friend when you want to go fast.

While its possible she was speeding, people have been known to have medical emergencies when driving that can cause unintended acceleration.

A woman in my city just crashed into an outdoor patio after such an incident.

Actually she wasn't. Which you'd know if you read the link you posted:

No need, in the absence of facts, to give tabloids who care only about clicks the clicks they want.

She may well have been drunk/drinking when the crash occurred but let's wait for official confirmation of that, if the case, rather than indulge the sensational and opportunistic elements of the media.
But it indicates a pattern of behaviour.

Talking about drinking alcohol as if drinking juice.

I hope young people do not consider her as a role model to follow.

MOO

It all depends on coverages and policy limits. Cars striking buildings is fairly common but this is extensive damage and may exceed policy limits. The homeowner's policy will kick in and I am sure everyone will sue Ann Heche if she's got some wealth.
I’m pretty sure damages will exceed Homeowner’s. Heche probably has an Umbrella policy worth more than a few million… which won’t renew after this. No company will want to insure her after this.

I was looking up whether damage from smoke inhalation can have permanent effects. With quick treatment, it can be mitigated in that the victim can fully heal.

It appears Ms Heche's immediate intubation at the hospital was to treat the smoke inhalation.
This website gives an example of a victim.

"A smoke inhalation victim. Note the soot in the nostrils and the degree of swelling of the face. His voice were hoarse upon arrival. He had an endotracheal intubation performed (a tube was placed in their airway to help him breathe) because of concern of significant airway edema (swelling) and potential for airway obstruction."

Just want to chime in again to say be careful on relying on Internet medical information. WebMD is regarded as notoriously bad in the medical community. In an effort to make it layman-friendly, they sometimes post things that aren't entirely accurate. I encourage my patients to never trust it without asking me or another doctor.

Patients are intubated when their airway is compromised. The cause of the compromise may be any number of things.

I’m pretty sure damages will exceed Homeowner’s. Heche probably has an Umbrella policy worth more than a few million… which won’t renew after this. No company will want to insure her after this.
Homeowners should be sufficient to cover the reconstruction + personal property loss. But they will subrogate her auto policy first. If she has an umbrella it will come into play for sure because, IMO, she will be rightfully sued.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member