Announcement to Searchers from Law Enforcement

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It goes on and on and on....

LE has their hands completely full with Hailey's case.

Totally, completely, full. :(

this announcement was made on a Big Spring radio station...odd that none of the other local media has published this info

Rumors of non-authorized searches on private property, damage to private property, and personal friendships with any suspect or person of interest will be taken seriously

Oooops silly me. In my feeble mind I was thinking this was addressing SA AND BD. Yes...No?

BBM

I think they are talking about both friends of SA and BD. But, I really wish Kampfer and/or Toombs would just come out publicly and name Billie a suspect or POI now that she has a lawyer (unless for some reason they have a good strategy for not doing so that will help Hailey). LE keeps saying she's not a POI, or they can't confirm it, or that Shawn is the only named POI....but, we all know that they've got their eye on Billie too. Still, since they haven't publicly declared Billie a POI, it's hard to know for sure the intended target of public announcements like this one from KBST. :banghead:

KBST was also the only media source for the text message BD is rumored to have sent to CD..... Hmmmm local station.... I have never known them to be big on investigative reports before.... So I wonder what their sources are?

I imagine there are close friends of BD's that not only advocate on her behalf, but wouldn't hesitate to physically search as well. jmo :cool:

KBST was also the only media source for the text message BD is rumored to have sent to CD..... Hmmmm local station.... I have never known them to be big on investigative reports before.... So I wonder what their sources are?

Maybe someone from another local radio station or someone that has been on that said radio station, but not wanting themselves or the source to be known.

ETA: This announcement was made on the AM frequency as well....not very many people listen to AM anymore...so what audience would they be targeting?

Maybe someone from another local radio station or someone that has been on that said radio station, but not wanting themselves or the source to be known.

ETA: This announcement was made on the AM frequency as well....not very many people listen to AM anymore...so what audience would they be targeting?

In response to what audience they would be targeting..Generally speaking the AM frequency would be listened to by a majority of age 60+people..As I said just speaking in general terms about what typically is the demographic of the AM frequency.. I'd say definitely 60+yoa{and no 60+ is NOT "old" I hate there even being such labels as "old".."older"..and I have always hated the word "elderly"}..but just generally speaking it would be the age group of 60+..and I don't see how that could factor in here with LE's motive for using this specific AM frequency{meaning the majority of its listeners typically being 60+}IMO

I'll admit it if I am proven wrong, but I do not believe LE has a handle at all on Hailey's case. Maybe they will be able to charge SA with some *advertiser censored* charges-they had better be able to at least do that. But I am not at all convinced that any of this will lead to what happened to Hailey, much less lead to Hailey.

http://casesignal.wordpress.com/2011/03/28/hailey-dunn-transcript-law-enforcement-announcement-to-searchers-kbst-am-1490-radio-march-24-2011/

What? So wow I supposed none of Clints family who knew and loved Billie can search for Hailey ,None of Her family can search for Hailey. Billie was asked not to search and SA was but now all friends too? What the heck..

I think this has to do with removing the platform for Billie and Clint Dunn to speak. Why havent we heard anything from Clint ?

Remember his arrest and the timing of it. Then the blog radio request from LE not to have Billie on the show. The arrest of Billie and the public accusations of her lies and the reporting of the reports they were seen together. True but still unprofessional. Or true according to what I have seen without solid evidence anyway.

And this which could be taken as a warning that there is a need for some unsaid reason to be worried for your saftey or could be read as an intimidation method.

No matter what it definetly is clear if you are family or friend of either of them you better not be searching for a little girl you once knew and loved because apparently you will unfairly be labeled suspect by association.

Interesting they would not just instead call off the searches and do them themselves. I also wonder if they have fallen victim themselves to the rumors in the case. I know they have to investigate what they hear but there is alot of rumors in this case by alot of people who are mostly not Billie and Shawn. So I wonder if they believed something false and it was proved a lie.

In response to what audience they would be targeting..Generally speaking the AM frequency would be listened to by a majority of age 60+people..As I said just speaking in general terms about what typically is the demographic of the AM frequency.. I'd say definitely 60+yoa{and no 60+ is NOT "old" I hate there even being such labels as "old".."older"..and I have always hated the word "elderly"}..but just generally speaking it would be the age group of 60+..and I don't see how that could factor in here with LE's motive for using this specific AM frequency{meaning the majority of its listeners typically being 60+}IMO

No one does something without a reason.....and since this has been the only avenue of media for this specific announcement...it seems to directed to their audience--- or someone within the station taking a giant liberty in repeating something from a rumor or speculation. It's in Big Springs and aimed at an older audience. Plenty of people who are over the age of 60 have been convicted for child molestation, incest and child *advertiser censored*....as well as ingesting or dealing drugs. Many to suppliment their income.

IDK...It certainly makes you wonder...it does me anyway, with this station being the only one with unique info.

JMO

ETA: Just wanted to add: Sheriff Toombs is the law inforcement being mentioned...and he is from Mitchell Co. Big Springs is Howard Co.

Rumors of non-authorized searches on private property, damage to private property, and personal friendships with any suspect or person of interest will be taken seriously.

Could we be missing a couple of comas in this statement?
Like after, rumors of and after suspect or person of interest.
This could be LE telling the public, they are tired of these 3 rumors.
I don't know if this is what is meant, but it could be.

Here are my thoughts, and I had a completely different reaction to this announcement:

I'm not surprised at all.

I'm sorry, I know many people here think there can't be "too many" searches, but we also know that searchers can have their own agendas, from popularity or notoriety, to sincerely wanting to break the case for Hailey's sake, to hatred of the people involved (whomever they are friends with at the moment), to fixation on a single theory of their own, to belief that they aren't going to find Hailey at all because she isn't there.

I've been worried for a long time that with all the people out beating the bushes and searching for things they "expect" to find, they will either destroy or overlook important evidence, especially during independent searches.

I wouldn't worry about someone calling the media as much as someone calling BD or SA first! :banghead: However, nothing would surprise me anymore!!!

There's a reason in the Kyron Horman case that LE waits until they can get a bunch of certified people together before they go out. Searching isn't a good thing if it's done without protocol for the evidence they might find, and if people don't know how to leave evidence alone and call 911 first.

Also, if people aren't marking on maps where they've searched before, or people are ignoring things that don't fit a particular theory, it's not helpful to LE either.

And if they are searching private property without permission, that's just wrong. But if someone is really stupid enough to do it, then LE is saying there's going to be consequences.

I wish they had made this type of announcement a couple of months ago. :( I guess they didn't feel that adults needed to be told how to act, but good old human nature makes people do really stupid things sometimes.

Maybe LE should have directed them in their searches. I mean really they could have issued areas to the volunteers to search and even requested permission for private properties.

I dont want to hear they dont have time for that because really it is saving them time and money or it wouldnt get done. Plus they would not have to worry about some of the issues they are worried about .. IMO.

I think LE should have assigned or rounded up a few people to head the searches, at least. I know they don't have many people in CC, but aren't other agencies involved? Or does LE think the searches are fruitless?

No one does something without a reason.....and since this has been the only avenue of media for this specific announcement...it seems to directed to their audience--- or someone within the station taking a giant liberty in repeating something from a rumor or speculation. It's in Big Springs and aimed at an older audience. Plenty of people who are over the age of 60 have been convicted for child molestation, incest and child *advertiser censored*....as well as ingesting or dealing drugs. Many to suppliment their income.

IDK...It certainly makes you wonder...it does me anyway, with this station being the only one with unique info.

JMO

ETA: Just wanted to add: Sheriff Toombs is the law inforcement being mentioned...and he is from Mitchell Co. Big Springs is Howard Co.

BBM I wonder what the station format is; do they have a news director/department and live broadcasts are done or is it an automated station that is just plugging in pre-recorded info. We don't live in Texas and so I've not heard the station.

Quoting SmoothOperator, snipped for space:

"Now why in the world would a mom of a "missing" child make such a public statement{even an announcement of sorts}with great confidence about that there will be another vigil held at the six month mark?"

That is a powerful question. Wow, SmoothOperator, you are SO right.

If evidence is found during an illegal search by a local searcher, can it be considered "fruit of the poison tree"? This is my biggest concern - that someone will find something during a search of property without permisson, and all of that evidence will get thrown out on an illegal search clause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3