Anthony Family Behaviors...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you think Cindy is bearing some guilt from this? George too ?
Could explain some of their behavior

NOTHING can explain them continuing to use the media to defend Casey & then throw in the typical bash because strangers aren't out their searching for Caylee.

They just will not understand that the PUBLIC has no interest in hearing about Casey & the public is DISGUSTED with the ridiculous fairytale that Casey has good reasons for not being able to tell anyone where to find Caylee.... that when we hear her excuse we'll all be impressed by what a hero she is. :furious:

NOBODY expects them to stop loving Casey. NOBODY expects them to abandon Casey. But NOBODY wants to hear them defending her actions..... Casey is THEIR problem.... THEIR concern.... not ours.

We ONLY want to SEE them taking an ACTIVE interest in finding CAYLEE & not just talking about it. Talk is cheap.

I do not agree with everything that my parents ever did in raising me and my brothers HOWEVER, they did not believe in enabling. The Anthony family is dysfunctional in many ways. There is a thread on Cindy's inconsistencies so I won't go into that. Loving Casey like they do is wonderful for Casey, in Casey's eyes, but it does not help her to be a responsible person in any sense. And what about Caylee? They are all wearing their Caylee tee shirts but that's all I see them doing to find Caylee. If Casey needs psychological help, then they need to own up to that. Throwing Jose Baez in the mix . . . he might have to do his job as a defense attorney, and we don't know what he says to Casey during their meetings or what she has told him, but he has learned to speak the language of the Anthonys very quickly, and now he is enabling them.

Do I feel sorry for any of them? Yes, I feel sorry for George, Cindy and Lee and anyone else who loves/loved Caylee if she is really gone. If she's not gone, then they need to do what's right to find her and stop blaming everyone else that she hasn't been found.

Some people think that Casey is the victim as her parents didn't care.
I think that Caylee is the victim. IMO Casey's parents supported her every way they can, however Casey was quite difficult complaining that parents, especially Cindy wanted to control her life. Casey is an arrogant liar and she knows how to manipulate people, she even used Caylee to get what she wants. Did she have any motherly feelings for Caylee at all, maybe she thought she was just a nanny??

I think that Caylee is the victim. IMO Casey's parents supported her every way they can, however Casey was quite difficult complaining that parents, especially Cindy wanted to control her life. Casey is an arrogant liar and she knows how to manipulate people, she even used Caylee to get what she wants. Did she have any motherly feelings for Caylee at all, maybe she thought she was just a nanny??

Casey probably did feel more like a nanny.
In a situation where two are raising a child...and one (CINDY) actually doing the most...Casey probably felt pretty distant from Caylee. Aside from her other psych problems.

Caylee is the victim you are correct. Support in a family like this is very superficial, it is for appearances only. The family, IMO, is very fragmented. Casey is probably telling the truth, for once, when she stated that Mom is very controlling, probably controlling to the point that she was suffocating Casey. If Casey is arrogant and a liar it is because she learned it somewhere, and we have all observed this. Don't get me wrong I am not defending what Casey did, what she did is monsterous, but IMO, she is a product of her dysfunctional upbringing. No excuse for murder of course. As for her Motherly feelings, look at her role model. In that family, I suspect, it is children (because the parents are emotionally depleted) raising children.

ITA.

Casey is also an ungrateful BRAT..... she never appreciated all the sacrifices her parents made for her. All she ever saw was that they were still controlling her at age 22.

Well if she got off her FAT BUTT & got a REAL job so she could become a responsible ADULT, she wouldn't have had to live like a child under her parent's roof.

But not Casey.... she wanted it all..... their money, their house, their free babysitting services, their money to pay for Caylee's expenses AND for them to shut up & let her enjoy her life without their interference.

She should have been kicked to the curb a LONG TIME AGO.

ITA.

Casey is also an ungrateful BRAT..... she never appreciated all the sacrifices her parents made for her. All she ever saw was that they were still controlling her at age 22.

Well if she got off her FAT BUTT & got a REAL job so she could become a responsible ADULT, she wouldn't have had to live like a child under her parent's roof.

But not Casey.... she wanted it all..... their money, their house, their free babysitting services, their money to pay for Caylee's expenses AND for them to shut up & let her enjoy her life without their interference.

She should have been kicked to the curb a LONG TIME AGO.

Your right, because she is more like a child then a 22 year old she probably didn't appreciate anything. With the dynamics going on in that house Casey's self esteem is probably at 0. She was beyond functioning in society, whatever was going on in that house, and only they know, my guess is that Casey was a broken lost soul. Again I don't defend what she did it's just that I have a relative in my family (not this severe of course) that reminds me so much of Casey.

mhazelton,

I've thought about this a bunch. While I won't ever really know what I would do, unless it really happens..this is what I feel I would do.

I love my son and would be there no matter what, yes, even murder. Would I approve, no, I certainly wouldn't!

I do think I would realize the jig was up and he was prob'ly guilty, if I were in the Anthony's shoes.

If I had been in their situation, son went to jail then was bonded out to my home...I would get him and we would have the talk of all talks.

I would tell him I realize what the truth is and while I completely disapprove and yada yada..I would stand by him and it's time to be responsible and truthful.

By *stand by him* I mean I wouldn't withdraw love, I mean that I would take his shame and punishment with him. We would go together in that 'walk of shame'. BUT we would be telling the truth.

I would tell him I'm there to stand with you, but I stand with you in truth, not a lie. If he refused to stand up and do what is right, I would tell him you have no place staying at my home.

I could stand by his side in honesty but not in a lie and denial. Would I love him no matter, yes, I would. But I couldn't stand there with him ...if he wouldn't take responsibility and face truth. Though, I will love him until my last breath.

According to my understanding their parents gave her one more chance after another. Casey didn't want to report that Caylee's missing either, she said 'give me one more day', but Cindy answered 'I gave you a month already'. Casey explained that she is investigating her daughter's disappearance herself' Utter rubbish!! She was looking for Caylee in the nightclubs? Come on.

While it my be trite at this point, I again look to the behavior of Mark Hacking's parents. The family was supportive of their son, but never once did I see them lie for him, cover for him, or blame others for what he did. I would have those people over for dinner in a heartbeat.

Casey's parents remind me of Lee and Jackie Peterson. Casey reminds me of Scott Peterson. And if Baez could open wider and get both of his feet in his mouth he'd remind me of Geragos.

, ya tell it like it is and you matched them up with the right criminals. Denial, Denial. That damn Scott Peterson is still claiming he's innocent!

About Cindy, well I've never known or met anyone like Cindy before and I"ve been alive and around for 73 years so I really don't know what to think about her. Strange person. Very strange! She goes back an forth so much that I can never stay on the same page with her. One minute she has a new idea about what happened, then she's running across the lawn with a huge smile her face.. :confused:

I just want them to find Caylee and let this all end.
My eye's are going blind trying read all the threads.

xxxxxxoo
mama
:blowkiss::blowkiss:

While it my be trite at this point, I again look to the behavior of Mark Hacking's parents. The family was supportive of their son, but never once did I see them lie for him, cover for him, or blame others for what he did. I would have those people over for dinner in a heartbeat.

Casey's parents remind me of Lee and Jackie Peterson. Casey reminds me of Scott Peterson. And if Baez could open wider and get both of his feet in his mouth he'd remind me of Geragos.

Thank-You !:clap: ITA

This is my take on George and Cindy Anthony.............

The behavior of George and Cindy is not unlike the behavior of what we used to call "Little League" parents. These were the parents who argued with the coach constantly about little Johnny. Their little Johnny was going to be the next Mickey Mantle, Joe Demagio, or Roger Maris, and no one was going to tell them that Johnny wasn't the all around best baseball player on the team. They argued with the umpire when the umpire called "three strikes and you're out" for Johnny. They demanded that Johnny be given special attention.

When these same parents were called to school because little Johnny was misbehaving, they argued that the teacher didn't like their little Johnny and was picking on him.

These parents never addressed any issues of behavior when little Johnny was growing up. They never sought professional advice and ignored any problems, always blaming others.

Little Johnny grew up to be obnoxious. He always blamed others for his behavior........."I wouldn't have had to yell at you if you hadn't made me angry."

I see Cindy and George as this type of parent. They never acknowledged any problems with Casey. They constantly blamed others for her behavior. Casey never had to take responsibility for any of her actions, as mom and dad always bailed her out of whatever situation she found herself in.

I have been thinking alot about Cindy's place in all of this. I know we have spent much time trying to figure out how to make Casey tell the truth. Which would be great, however, if she is the sociopath that she appears to be that would be near impossible. The one thing that keeps going through my mind is what approach would we need to take to make Cindy accept the obvious facts of this case. I do not believe she is a sociopath. There has to be a way for LE to approach her to help her accept the truth and then maybe she would be more forthcoming with what she knows and maybe she could help find Casey. I think it would be much easier to do this that to try and get Casey to tell the truth. Do you all have any thoughts on this?

As usual, Mr took the words outta my mouth, LOL.....I really do think back to Mark Hacking and horrible acts he committed, and the reaction of his parents. They were a wonderful example of parents who loved their son, but certainly didnt condone his actions, or try to lie and cover up for him.
I have been trying to put myself in the Anthony's place and wonder how I would behave if I were in the position they're in, but I just cant see myself excusing my child's behavior when it comes down to it. I keep trying to garner sympathy for them, it's obvious (TO ME!) that their sweet granddaughter is not of this earth any longer, but I dont feel sorry for them no matter how hard I try, Cindy's actions and words sicken me. No one wants to believe their child is capable of the heinous acts I believe Casey is guilty of, but eventually you have to face the facts.
FACT, Caylee is missing.
FACT, DNA tests prove that CAYLEE was in the trunk of the car
FACT, cadaver dogs "hit" on the trunk of that car.
That proves to me Caylee is dead, and I assume Casey is responsible.
When is Cindy gonna "get off her azz" and help find that child!!??
Sorry for the mini rant.

MOO!

I have been thinking alot about Cindy's place in all of this. I know we have spent much time trying to figure out how to make Casey tell the truth. Which would be great, however, if she is the sociopath that she appears to be that would be near impossible. The one thing that keeps going through my mind is what approach would we need to take to make Cindy accept the obvious facts of this case. I do not believe she is a sociopath. There has to be a way for LE to approach her to help her accept the truth and then maybe she would be more forthcoming with what she knows and maybe she could help find Casey. I think it would be much easier to do this that to try and get Casey to tell the truth. Do you all have any thoughts on this?

LE has bent over backwards to try help Casey spill her guts, the State's Atty has offered her "limited immunity" and basically she has been given every chance and opportunity they have at their disposal. The girl is stuck in her own made up reality, she's not gonna talk until Caylee's body is found and is on trial w/the DP looming, and I think even then she will stick with the Peterson plan of "deny deny deny".
Really, what else can they do to try to get her to tell the truth?

[/B]

LE has bent over backwards to try help Casey spill her guts, the State's Atty has offered her "limited immunity" and basically she has been given every chance and opportunity they have at their disposal. The girl is stuck in her own made up reality, she's not gonna talk until Caylee's body is found and is on trial w/the DP looming, and I think even then she will stick with the Peterson plan of "deny deny deny".
Really, what else can they do to try to get her to tell the truth?

I think you misunderstand what I am saying. I am talking about Cindy. With the proper guidance, could LE perhaps get Cindy to accept what has happened. If Cindy could accept the facts of this case, perhaps she could be able to assist LE better. She might be able to get Casey to accept the deal offered her. I think she is in such denial that she hasn't been forthcoming in what she does know. I guess I should admit that I believe that Caylee has passed away. I believe that Cindy is in denial. She may be holding back information, such as, where Casey may have hid the body. I don't think she is trying to cover for Casey as much as she might feel that Casey is being railroaded. It is just a thought.:confused:

There are profilers who help police know how to deal with deifferent types of personalities to get them to open up. Maybe if they used this approach to get Cindy to accept what has happened she may be more able to assist with this case. What do you think?

Those parents have enabled that psycho daughter for YEARS AND YEARS. They should have put a stop to it a long time ago. she should have been arrested for stealing from her grandparents buy what did CA do? Covered up for her. THEY created a monster. I have ZERO sympathy. She lived in the home for Gods sake & they didn't know she was unemployed? GMAB.
I agree! It's said that hindsight is 20/20, but if only they had called LE when Casey stole the money from her grandparents, it's very possible Caylee would be alive today. And as to the comment about her living in the house and they didn't know she was unemployed, well, it also seems she lived in the home and they didn't know she was pregnant until she was about a month from delivering Caylee!

With the dynamics going on in that house Casey's self esteem is probably at 0. She was beyond functioning in society, whatever was going on in that house, and only they know, my guess is that Casey was a broken lost soul. Again I don't defend what she did it's just that I have a relative in my family (not this severe of course) that reminds me so much of Casey.

Hello:

The Anthony family dynamics and individual personalities are text-book in many ways. I am just curious about the remark quoted above about Casey's self-esteem being "probably 0." Do you really think so? I am thinking of her self-composure, the way she talks her way out of things, all the photos we've seen, as well as her facebook and myspace posts. Seems to me that her self-esteem is quite high. JMO.

Wow, maybe Casey has multiple personality disorder. Maybe she is Zanny too. I wonder if Caylee ever talked about Zanny? Maybe Casey disguised herself at times and played Zanny? You never know. True Story: My favorite artist Tori Amos has a daughter who is 7. She told Tori that she wanted to learn to play the piano. Tori didn't want to teach her (as Mom) so she put on a hat and put her hair up and became Mrs. Paris. For some reason, her daughter buys this and told Mrs. Paris that "maybe you can teach my Mommy the piano." So you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!