Anthony's admit to Conflicting Statements Seek Full Immunity

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Should George and Cindy be granted full immunity in exchange for truth?

• Yes

Votes: 200 26.9%
  • No

Votes: 123 16.5%
  • No and go after them for obstruction of justice!

Votes: 421 56.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If George agrees to tell the truth, we will be hit with lots of previously unknown facts. If Cindy agrees, we will probably be horrified by her and Casey's antics.

I wonder if Lee will also agree to spill the beans?

JoAnn_W

The lawyer just said they would no longer make "conflicting statements." Not necessarily that they would "tell the truth." :waitasec:

GA and CA have had six months to get their stories together. In that time, George has changed his tune about the cause of the smell in the car. As he stated on LKL, it was food sitting in the trunk of the car under the hot Florida sun for 19 days! See? His story no longer conflicts with Cindy's. :confused:

And what about CA's July 3 myspace posting? Sounds like she knew Caylee was missing much earlier than she reported it.

I'm a little reluctant to feel too enthusiastic about the evidence they collected from the A's home in recent days. Given GA/CA's behavior over the past six months -- CA washing clothing, not handing over the hairbrush, a trunk that appears to have been vacuumed clean given LE found one hair sample? (And did I read here that GA "limed" his back yard?)- it seems that whatever evidence there was could be greatly compromised. Do you think the vacuums might have been washed out, tubes and all?

Wouldn't it be interesting if LE accepted the deal for one but not the other? Hmmmm, perhaps GA? Would that spouse exclusion (okay, not a legal term, I know) apply?

This thought also crossed my mind: Sheriff Bearry spoke about recovering monies spent on this investigation. If the Anthony's were found guilty of something could they be made to repay as part of their sentence? Or am I letting my imagination just run amuk here?

Why should they get immunity for telling the truth? They were SUPPOSED to be telling the truth from the beginning, which they chose not to do. Now that Caylee has been found and the horrible truth is looking them in the eye, they want to come clean. GMAB. NO IMMUNITY for those who obstructed justice for five months and choose to cover Casey's wretched self over speaking up for an innocent baby.

They are guilty and trying to avoid punishment by telling their form of the truth now? Like Casey did when she told them to let her out of jail and she'd lead them to Caylee?????

HA!!!!! Fool me once.........They should be ashamed.

The lawyer just said they would no longer make "conflicting statements." Not that they would "tell the truth." They've had six months to get their stories together. George has changed his tune about the cause of the smell in the car. As he stated on LKL, it was food sitting in the trunk of the car under the hot Florida sun for 19 days! See? His story no longer conflicts with Cindy's.

And what about CA's July 3 myspace posting? Sounds like she knew Caylee was missing much earlier than she reported it.

I'm reluctant to feel too enthusiastic about the evidence they collected from the A's home in recent days. Given GA/CA's behavior over the past six months -- CA washing clothing, not handing over the hairbrush, a trunk that appears to have been vacuumed clean given LE found one hair sample? (And did I read here that GA "limed" his back yard?)- it seems that whatever evidence there might have been could be greatly compromised. Do you think the vacuums might have been washed out, tubes and all?

Bolded by me.

Goodness, I have actually done that myself! However, I feel there will be enough evidence to tie the crime to the perp. She was running around like a madwoman to take care of her "issue" at hand. She left plenty of traces. CA can't clean everything not knowing where everything was.

"IMO" I don't think they should be allowed any leniency, immunity or other. The emotion, hard work, searches, time spent following all these bogus leads and money the state and other's had to use in resources looking for a live Caylee. They all should of spoken the "Truth" from the beginning. Shame on them all! I do not feel sorry for them and don't agree with the fact that people are now calling them victims. The only real "Victim" that suffered and is dead is "Caylee". I am disgusted with the family, that child was rotting out there for 6 months and all they did was interfere with the investigation and lie...So, NO! I say they deserve to be sitting next to Casey if they lied or other. "JMO"

:aktion033::Justice: totally agree....

Wouldn't it be interesting if LE accepted the deal for one but not the other? Hmmmm, perhaps GA? Would that spouse exclusion (okay, not a legal term, I know) apply?

This thought also crossed my mind: Sheriff Bearry spoke about recovering monies spent on this investigation. If the Anthony's were found guilty of something could they be made to repay as part of their sentence? Or am I letting my imagination just run amuk here?

Marital or Spousal Privilege is the term and yes, it would apply to the A's. It's all or none. They won't do it.

As many lies as CA has said, I don't think I could listen to her and believe a word that came out of her mouth. I agree, I think GA is ready to come clean, has been for a looonnng time.

I simply voted no. If all the A's have done is make false statements to the public to mislead us I don't think that's obstruction legally.If they have given false info to LE or were physically involved in a cover-up that needs to be prosecuted.I don't think LE needs their new "truth".Who could belive them anyway? If they did something to Caylee or helped move her body LE probably has evidence of that. No immunity.

Marital or Spousal Privilege is the term and yes, it would apply to the A's. It's all or none. They won't do it.

I don't think the A's have any money,but if they do.....cough it up!

No.Charge them and maybe consider a plea bargain if LE is satisfied they are finally telling the truth.
They shouldnt be allowed to use the truth as a bargaining chip.
They SAW TO IT that Caylee laid out there in the mud like road kill for 6 months!!!

Bolded by me.

Goodness, I have actually done that myself! However, I feel there will be enough evidence to tie the crime to the perp. She was running around like a madwoman to take care of her "issue" at hand. She left plenty of traces. CA can't clean everything not knowing where everything was.

I hope you are right. What does seem positive is that they found something right away that led them to request an immediate search warrant on the house. Maybe the covering linked to Caylee's bedding, etc.

The trash bags and duct tape may be long gone., but it would be easy enough for LE to check the shopping transactions that KC and/or the family have made in the past year to determine if the same type of trash bags were purchased.

GA already has some form of immunity with regards to the case since he testified at the Grand Jury.

I think the only immunity they can hope to get is against obstruction of justice charges. Anything else they're just pissing up a rope!

To give them immunity would set a precedent for other people to follow suit in the future, to lie during an investigation, then demand immunity in exchange for the truth. Eventually, all criminals and their accomplices will be granted immunity for their versions of "truth". :rolleyes:

They will never testify against their daughter. Immunity in exchange for what? Testimony? You think they will get up there and tell the truth? They don't know what that means.

Nope, no immunity. Get em good. I'm sick of looking at them.

And immunity for what, just obstruction, or more??? Even though I think it would of course be helpful for LE to know the truth from these 2, I have a couple of problems with this.

First, they should have told the truth from the beginning, and Second, I don't trust that CA esp. will tell the whole truth even now. Only enough to make it believable and keep her out of jail. (giving the wrong hairbrush (allegedly- of course) to LE did it for me, I think it showed her true colors, and I'm not sure you can change her basic nature for not giving all the facts. Last, I think LE has managed to work around the Ants "untruths" thus far, and has built a sound case. Too little too late. I don't think LE needs them now.

They are guilty and trying to avoid punishment by telling their form of the truth now? Like Casey did when she told them to let her out of jail and she'd lead them to Caylee?????

HA!!!!! Fool me once.........They should be ashamed.[/QUOTE]

Good point

(snip)They loved her dearly and I don't know how CA let KC take her in a fit of anger, if that was the case. Poor Caylee should not have been subjected to any of that. CA and GA should have gotten full custody of Caylee a long, long time ago.

I always feel like stepping in here. I could have full custody of my grandson, too, I'm sure. But what I did was make my daughter raise her own child, and I helped her. They are on the right track now, but I always have to feel sorry for G&C when I hear this - They had no idea Caylee would be killed, and I am sure they were trying to guide their daughter the best they could.

That is a difficult task, sometimes.

The "grieving grandparents" only goes so far. It doesn't extend to lying to LE. I certainly hope that LE doesn't buy this immunity request. I don't think the Anthony's have anything to offer LE that LE doesn't already know. It's my opinion they're just trying to save themselves from future charges. MOO

ITA...I feel they are trying to save themselves. I could handle a few "mistruths", but they went over the top trying to put a "spin" on the truth. (ex...Larry King Live...etc.)

This isn't elementary school...these are adults and this is the law...they knew what they were doing. I don't know if I could truly believe them now.

Let them finally tell the truth when they are on the stand facing obstruction charges.

They had no idea Caylee would be killed, and I am sure they were trying to guide their daughter the best they could.

That is a difficult task, sometimes.

:waitasec:

let a psychopath alone with a child they never bonded with, a child who is cramping said psychopath's style, KNOW this person has serious mental issues, and cover for her her entire life...yeah, that won't end in tears...:twocents:

They may not have known she would end up dead, but they knew something bad would happen. They just chose to ignore it.

Sounds like the same strategy that Baez contemplated earlier - immunity for Casey to tell the truth. CA's lament from the beginning is that LE wasn't really searching for Caylee, they were focused on convicting KC. IMO, the A's brought that on themselves - all by themselves. CA and GA and LA and KC have only EVER been concerned with defending Casey-why-let-the-truth-get-in-the-way-of-my-story-Anthony. As has Baez.

It's hard to comprehend how every waking second would not be consumed with trying to find that beautiful baby girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc