Anthony's Deceptions and Seeking Full Immunity#3 Poll Added

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Would the GP's be totally candid and truthful if provided full immunity?

• Yes

Votes: 47 7.2%
  • No

Votes: 518 79.8%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 84 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, what I can't help thinking is.. if the A's get immunity is George (or Cindy I suppose, but I seriously doubt she would say it even with immunity so she'd make "poor George" say it) going to say he killed Caylee as a means to get Casey out of facing murder charges.
I have thought about that scenario also

If the A family gets immunity, then are they able to make movie deals, write a book? and make money off kc and CAYLEE??????

From what a lawyer on this board said it would be almost impossible to stop them from having the right to sell their story even without immunity.

I don't know, what I can't help thinking is.. if the A's get immunity is George (or Cindy I suppose, but I seriously doubt she would say it even with immunity so she'd make "poor George" say it) going to say he killed Caylee as a means to get Casey out of facing murder charges.

I'm glad I searched for this before I brought it up^^.

I personally feel this is EXACTLY what their plans are. I feel that with the evidence LE has, there is nothing the A's could offer that would require immunity at this point, EXCEPTING a confession to save their child. Now; would it be immoral for anyone to take bets on this? And I'm curious as to how many other WS'ers may feel this is true as well.

I am not quite sure how an immunity deal works, but I think the A's attorney will have to put into writing what they are going to testify to as facts as they know them. I just can't imagine LE to allow them to have immunity and make up a fairy tale. Then once they are on the stand after they receive immunity and they plea the 5th or don't answer truthfully, what are the reprucussions?

I voted no! What would make me trust these people??? I don't understand why they would get immunity anyway. Sure, the State would like to have their full cooperation, but if the State has "overwhelming evidence", why do they need anything else from the A's? From the way they have lied, from the things they've already done, I don't think they should have immunity. Can someone educate me as to why they should?

I have to say, their newest attorney BC is my least favorite person in this entire case. I like him less than KC herself. I like him less than JB. He gives me the creeps. This is not just because he is asking for immunity for them (I understand why he would), I just can't even look at the guy, and I don't trust him at all. It's something in his eyes. It's a gut feeling.

On the other hand, I've always thought that Carlos Padilla has really beautiful, sad eyes. But I've tended to like everyone from the OCSO.

I voted no! What would make me trust these people??? I don't understand why they would get immunity anyway. Sure, the State would like to have their full cooperation, but if the State has "overwhelming evidence", why do they need anything else from the A's? From the way they have lied, from the things they've already done, I don't think they should have immunity. Can someone educate me as to why they should?

I have to say, their newest attorney BC is my least favorite person in this entire case. I like him less than KC herself. I like him less than JB. He gives me the creeps. This is not just because he is asking for immunity for them (I understand why he would), I just can't even look at the guy, and I don't trust him at all. It's something in his eyes. It's a gut feeling.

On the other hand, I've always thought that Carlos Padilla has really beautiful, sad eyes. But I've tended to like everyone from the OCSO.

I agree with the comment of not trusting BC---I never have-always think its odd that the first thing these guys do is hit the airwaves...I thought less of him when you see him at all the gatherings between defense and a's....he is just a little bit to everywhere----jmo:rolleyes:

Now that the excrement has hit the oscillating air moving device for the A's and their PI is in deep, deep doo-doo I think giving the A's Immunity is just out of the question.

If I were the SA I'd call in DC and tell him If you tell me everything you know I'll give you a deal of a $10,000 fine and suspension of your PI license for a year. If I find out you're lying then all bets are off and I'll recommend the maximum punishment for you.

I don't know what the maximum sentence for OJ on a murder case is but I'd have to believe it's a lot harsher than that. JMO.

I am as vindictive as the next man, worse than many, but even I would be prepared to let the A's off if they came clean, even at this late stage.

From day one Cindy looked plain nuts to me. Haranguing the press out in the road, but I cut her a huge amount of slack because of the crcumstances. Of course she has gone on to be worse, but I keep trying to think of being in her situation and it is pure horror. Her life style and personality are alien to me, but try and imagine losing a child that she did love and care for (In her own way?). I know C & G are responsible for bringing up KC, but any mistakes in that regard do not make them responsible for KC's actions.
Personaly I would have disowned KC long ago and and turned all my grief and anger against her. But that's me. I do think as a minimum the a's especially CA, have to admit KC did it and state that publicly.

Not sure why I thought of that, but if they got immunity could they get on the stand and say that one of them killed Caylee and it was an accident and they panicked and Casey is innocent. Knowing they have immunity, they cannot be charged with the crime, right? I know that is a crazy thought, but nothing would surprise me in this case anymore. I just do not trust them to do what is right for Caylee and I admit I am a little scared if they get immunity.

Not sure why I thought of that, but if they got immunity could they get on the stand and say that one of them killed Caylee and it was an accident and they panicked and Casey is innocent. Knowing they have immunity, they cannot be charged with the crime, right? I know that is a crazy thought, but nothing would surprise me in this case anymore. I just do not trust them to do what is right for Caylee and I admit I am a little scared if they get immunity.
No it doesn't work like that. They wouldn't get blanket immunity. There would be a specific plan in place with clear parameters.

This came up on one of the shows where the caller asked if Cindy got "criminal immunity" and then got on the stand and said she (Cindy) killed Caylee, does Cindy walk away with no charges. The Attorney said "YES". :eek:

I don't see how any of the A's could get immunity and then get on the stand and say they killed Caylee to get KC off. I would think that an immunity deal would be nailed down to very specific testimony, and if they veered off of that then it would cancel the immunity. I just don't see the SA giving it out without being safeguarded. Thats jmo though.

Was Brad Conway in an auto accident and is that the reason for the wheelchair - just curious?

No it doesn't work like that. They wouldn't get blanket immunity. There would be a specific plan in place with clear parameters.
Technically, you are right. However, it is my understanding...if they were to get on the stand and take responsibility for the murder...the reasonable doubt created could be enough to get Casey off. Without proof to back up the claims one of the other family members did it (which would have to be proven in another trial)...it could go into a double jeopardy situation for Casey.

Limited Immunity would only insure that whatever they said could not be used against them, but any evidence stemming from that testimony could. This is what Casey was offered and she turned down before.

I find it hard to believe that anything said on the stand can't be used against someone. If that's true then a lot of people could go on the stand and say they did something when they have airtight alibis and couldn't possibly be charged by a GJ without that testimony.

Perjury hardly seems adequate for that. :confused:

If the evidence points to Casey then nothing George and Cindy says will get her out of jail. Even with a "confession", there would have to be evidence to support their claim.

I think they mainly want immunity for the clean up they did, for their "mistruths" and for their cover-up in general. It's possible they had a bigger hand in things as well, although I don't think for a minute that either of them killed Caylee.

Limited Immunity does not even mean that G &C will necessarily “get away” with anything.
In reality, having "immunity" in so far as one piece of testimony not being admissible against you, would not be much of a hindrance to prosecution. ALL other evidence outside that is still available.

I find it hard to believe that anything said on the stand can't be used against someone. If that's true then a lot of people could go on the stand and say they did something when they have airtight alibis and couldn't possibly be charged by a GJ without that testimony.

Perjury hardly seems adequate for that. :confused:

It is just your words that cannot be used against you. They can still prosecute you with other evidence. If you admitted to something you actually did on the stand it would be up to the state to find the evidence to support that. Just like they would in any other case. They do not go to the grand jury for an indictment with no other evidence than a confession.

Technically, you are right. However, it is my understanding...if they were to get on the stand and take responsibility for the murder...the reasonable doubt created could be enough to get Casey off. Without proof to back up the claims one of the other family members did it (which would have to be proven in another trial)...it could go into a double jeopardy situation for Casey.

Limited Immunity would only insure that whatever they said could not be used against them, but any evidence stemming from that testimony could. This is what Casey was offered and she turned down before.

It wouldn't become a double jeopardy issue because it would go to a mistrial if the jury did not feel they could dismiss the stricken testimony.

I would like the Judge to force polygraph's against Cindy, George, & Lee. They all know what Casey did. They've all known for a very long time. Dominic Casey was not only hired by Cindy but also worked for Jose Biaz. I believe Casey Anthony told the truth to Jose Biaz. Dominic was sent in the same general area looking for remains. They all know.

Cindy is so full of deception. I can see where Kasey got if from. She is just like her mother Cindy. George I think know's the truth but is Cindy's little puppet. I would really hope that the Prosecutor would demand polygraph's from Cindy. I still do not trust Cindy.

I hope Jesse file's a civil suit against Cindy for them unfounded accusation's toward him and his family. He deserves sweet civil justice just as Z. Gonzales does.

I believe the verdict is going to be guilty & their going to attack anyone just to make the penalty lower then the death penalty.

This is my opinion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member