Anthonys May Sue Over Merchandise being Sold

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Check out this item, and the seller is in Orlando!
[ame="http://cgi.ebay.com/MEMORIAL-CAYLEE-LOVE-BEARS-CAYLEE-/200609564449?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb5430721"]MEMORIAL FOR CAYLEE LOVE BEARS FOR CAYLEE | eBay[/ame]

Check out this item, and the seller is in Orlando!
MEMORIAL FOR CAYLEE LOVE BEARS FOR CAYLEE | eBay

That's very strange. The seller has a large note written beneath the product about the "greedy grandparents" and how this person will bring a love bear to the memorial site with your private note and leave it there. It says more than 10 available, $13 each, and with a sick heart shape on the chest. What on EARTH are people doing??

Same seller also has this item
[ame="http://cgi.ebay.com/PRAYERS-AND-TEDDY-BEARS-BEAUTIFUL-CAYLEE-RIP-/200494596081?pt=Art_Posters&hash=item2eae68bff1"]PRAYERS AND TEDDY BEARS FOR BEAUTIFUL CAYLEE RIP | eBay[/ame]

I'm torn here. I don't want anyone to have so much control that they are able to stamp out the phrase "Justice for Caylee." But I do want someone to be able to stop people who would want to profit by putting that phrase on underwear!
What would be the right solution?

I'm torn here. I don't want anyone to have so much control that they are able to stamp out the phrase "Justice for Caylee." But I do want someone to be able to stop people who would want to profit by putting that phrase on underwear!
What would be the right solution?

Don't buy it? That is the only reasonable solution.

That's very strange. The seller has a large note written beneath the product about the "greedy grandparents" and how this person will bring a love bear to the memorial site with your private note and leave it there. It says more than 10 available, $13 each, and with a sick heart shape on the chest. What on EARTH are people doing??

Same seller also has this item
PRAYERS AND TEDDY BEARS FOR BEAUTIFUL CAYLEE RIP | eBay

Everybody's got to have a gimmick on this tragedy, don't they? I see what this Ebayer is doing though, having a chance to run down the GP's at EBay. Not new news. Doesn't this Ebayer know somebody will come along and get rid of those bears? I think it's a fight looking for a place to happen.:waitasec:

It's none of the Anthony's business what people do. They are greedy grandparents and there is no doubt in my mind they are wanting exclusive (they love their "exclusives") rights to make money off of Caylee...

Oopsie, looks like George and Cindy forgot to trademark Casey's name.

[ame="http://cgi.ebay.com/Casey-Anthony-Prosecution-Supporter-/180669451417?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item6fc3d966f1"]Casey Anthony Prosecution Supporter | eBay[/ame]

Are we still allowed to use the English language to express our desire for Justice For Caylee? Can someone please advise. If so, I propose that we all begin to end our posts with that message.

I will add as I always do...

moo

Justice for Caylee.

JUSTCE FOR CAYLEE!

JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE!

JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE!

I'm not selling anything. This is my opinion. I would like JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE!

moo

I call BS! There is no published pending or registered trademark with the US Patent and Trademark office for "Caylee Anthony". For anyone that want to easily prove this to themselves - this is the search site (TES goverment database) that is easily searchable!

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=tess&state=4005:eek:j1ifm.1.1
darn, it's putting in a smiley face due to the colon o in hyperlink....... it should be ......=4005 (no space) colon (no space) o (no space) j1ifm.1.1 above-think everyone will get that that does smileys of how to replace the smiley in the hyperlink I pasted!

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/27920672/detail.html?source=orlpn

POSTED: Tuesday, May 17, 2011
UPDATED: 9:52 am EDT May 17, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The attorney representing the parents of Casey Anthony said he will fight to put a halt to people trying to profit from the murder case centered around his clients' granddaughter.

T-shirts, pins, underwear and other items invoking the names of Casey and Caylee Anthony are being sold on the Internet, including eBay.

I call BS! There is no published pending or registered trademark with the US Patent and Trademark office for "Caylee Anthony". For anyone that want to easily prove this to themselves - this is the search site (TES goverment database) that is easily searchable!

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=tess&state=4005:oj1ifm.1.1
darn, it's putting in a smiley face due to the colon o in hyperlink....... it should be ......=4005 (no space) colon (no space) o (no space) j1ifm.1.1 above-think everyone will get that that does smileys of how to replace the smiley in the hyperlink I pasted!

Florida has their own database for trademarks. I just checked and the only thing the A's have is their Caylee Anthony Foundation.
http://www.sunbiz.org/scripts/corofflis.exe
Use the drop down menu for "Document Searches", the first entry will be, Corporation/Trademark search. Then you can either search for entity name or registered owner name.

There are none here that I can think of that would buy any of these items. We have been proclaiming our support of Caylee in a different way. Our words, efforts and thoughts that we have expressed here are probably more effective than if we wore shirts advertising the same.
I can afford to let Cindy and company fight the lower elements. They deserve each other. Neither will make a profit that is significant. There will be no monetary or moral gain for either side. They will all look like fools.
If we want to invest our financial resources in this fight legalmania has given us a respected resource that needs our help. I'm sure there are many others.
It is good and right that we feel offended that anyone, and most especially family, should try to profit from Caylee's suffering and death. But I don't think there's much more we can do about preventing it other than expressing our revulsion and shunning them.
If Cindy, George and their lawyer think they have the power or right to control this then I wish them Godspeed. They will have deserved whatever it costs them.

Florida has their own database for trademarks. I just checked and the only thing the A's have is their Caylee Anthony Foundation.
http://www.sunbiz.org/scripts/corofflis.exe
Use the drop down menu for "Document Searches", the first entry will be, Corporation/Trademark search. Then you can either search for entity name or registered owner name.

Indeed Florida does have a state registry, but...
What you find at Sunbiz is the filing for Fictitious Name, for the foundation. That is NOT a trademark!

Fictitious Name List
Fictitious Name Address City State County Status
CAYLEE MARIE ANTHONY FOUNDATION 4937 HOPE SPRING DR ORLANDO FL ORANGE

Indeed Florida does have a state registry, but...
What you find at Sunbiz is the filing for Fictitious Name, for the foundation. That is NOT a trademark!

Fictitious Name List
Fictitious Name Address City State County Status
CAYLEE MARIE ANTHONY FOUNDATION 4937 HOPE SPRING DR ORLANDO FL ORANGE

There was a drop down menu for trademarks & yes I realize that the foundation is not a trademark.

There was a drop down menu for trademarks & yes I realize that the foundation is not a trademark.

:seeya: whiteangora

I checked in the drop down menu for Florida trademarks. I did not see anything using the search terms ...Caylee...Caylee Marie...Caylee Marie Anthony. Did you find something in the trademark search? If you did, I missed it, please tell me what search terms you used! (I'm not all that computer savvy and it may help improve my skills!)

:seeya: whiteangora

I checked in the drop down menu for Florida trademarks. I did not see anything using the search terms ...Caylee...Caylee Marie...Caylee Marie Anthony. Did you find something in the trademark search? If you did, I missed it, please tell me what search terms you used! (I'm not all that computer savvy and it may help improve my skills!)

Hi - No, I did not find any trademarks registered either for Caylee, or registered by the Anthonys. That's why I said smoke and mirrors earlier in this thread. I used Caylee Anthony, Justice for Caylee and Caylee Marie Anthony.

I wonder if they would be suing if a shirt said "Justice for Caylee Will be Justice for Casey?" Or if the shirt said "Free Casey?" I don't understand what is so wrong about "Justice for Caylee?" It is obvious, since they made that part of their little issue (Justice for Caylee) that they do not want Justice for Caylee and that is what makes me mad and I hope people keep making them until they legally have a trademark on "Justice for Caylee." Who wants to bet that that will be the name of the book Cindy is wanting to write and it will all be about Casey's innocence?

I would never buy anything being sold about Caylee unless it was a book written by the State Attorney's or Detectives in this case. They have been so quiet this whole time that I would really like to know exactly how they have gone about putting this case together and their personal thoughts on Casey.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scomo
Back