Anthonys Seek Private Jail Visit With Casey

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Brad Conway: "At the very least what we want is for Cindy and George Anthony to visit with Casey without it being videotaped and released the very next day and on Nancy Grace that night. They just need some privacy with her," Conway said.

Translated by me: "At the very least we want prison officials to ignore prison policy and then we want the SA's office to break Florida's Sunshine Law by withholding the videotape. The Anthony's feel they are entitled to ignore this law, because they've broken many laws already, including lying to LE, tampering with evidence, and obstruction of justice. Since they have never been charged for breaking these laws, we feel a legal precedent has been established that allows them the privilege of doing as they d@mned well please."

At the very least we expected a two-year-old to be safe with her own mother.

I completely agree! It seems they use the "mourning Caylee" card to try to obtain favors, and the timing is suspect!

I'm glad their request was turned down. Just because this is a high profile case doesn't mean the principles involved should receive any exceptions to the rules. When you consider the lack of cooperation on the part of the Anthony family and their nasty remarks about the OCSO, they shouldn't expect any favors.

If GA, CA, and LA want to visit KC they will have to adhere to the rules in place. All jail house visits are recorded. They can visit KC at any time, but they know their conversation will be recorded and will likely eventually be made public. If all they want is to visit and mourn Caylee, I'm sure jail house officials will use discretion in releasing the video.

I believe, however, that the request for a private, not recorded, visit was for the purpose of having a strategy session and making sure they have their stories straight.

I agree!! It makes ME wonder just how far BC would go to try and secure the "good will" of OSCO.

Brad Conway: "At the very least what we want is for Cindy and George Anthony to visit with Casey without it being videotaped and released the very next day and on Nancy Grace that night. They just need some privacy with her," Conway said.

Translated by me: "At the very least we want prison officials to ignore prison policy and then we want the SA's office to break Florida's Sunshine Law by withholding the videotape. The Anthony's feel they are entitled to ignore this law, because they've broken many laws already, including lying to LE, tampering with evidence, and obstruction of justice. Since they have never been charged for breaking these laws, we feel a legal precedent has been established that allows them the privilege of doing as they d@mned well please."
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

He's been hangin' out with JB too long...I like to call this "to 'Baez'" a request...release a statement about something like you have already done it, and get around to it later. Or release a statement and make a request rather than wasting the pen and ink to write it down and have it denied.

YIKES-I am becoming cynical.

YES! Like when BC "floated" the idea that the family might have Caylee cremated. How many of us knew or suspected when reading that article, it was already done?

I agree!! They need to stop pretending their daughter is away at boarding school and stop insisting the world turn on the Anthony axis.
Exactly! Seriously, why the heck would they allow someone who did not help them in the least bit to have a special privilege. She isn't a freakin celebrity (not that they should get special treatment either) shes a baby killer who killed her baby. They wouldn't have to worry about not having any privacy in their visits or them being released if she didn't KILL HER DAUGHTER! Why does it need to be private... Mourn Caylee my butt, she killed Caylee... what NOW she wants to mourn her? She didn't mourn her very much (besides putting a freaking sticker on the duct tape over her mouth before she triple bagged her and threw her into the woods)

You want privacy? Write a letter. KC no longer gets privacy. She no longer gets to have her way. She is custody of the state now, and she will NEVER get any privacy again.

She should of thought about the lack of privacy when she committed the worse of worse crime.

Sorry for the rant, this urks the crap outta me. That whole family needs to wake up and realize that their family member killed a baby... not ZG, KC did it. Mourn... please.

Meanwhile, the Anthony family's attorney, Brad Conway, said he expected the jail to deny his request for an in-person meeting between Casey Anthony and her parents, but he does have a request for the jail.

"At the very least what we want is for Cindy and George Anthony to visit with Casey without it being videotaped and released the very next day and on Nancy Grace that night. They just need some privacy with her," Conway said.

A jail spokesperson said Conway has made no formal request and the jail has no intention of providing any special treatment for Casey Anthony.

bolded by me

Am I missing something here? Why does he keep announcing that he's requesting it when he hasn't? It seems he knows what the answer will be.
Either ask or stop talking about it, please.
Help! I'm confused!.

:confused::confused::confused:

I was about to post this exact same thing. Just talking about making a request is not the same as requesting. And, since everyone has been informed that the request will not be granted, why make the formal request now? Just for the record?

Also, as far as I can remember, no video tapes have been released "the next day". In fact, some have been held for several months and others, like some with Lee, haven't been released yet?

I was about to post this exact same thing. Just talking about making a request is not the same as requesting. And, since everyone has been informed that the request will not be granted, why make the formal request now? Just for the record?

Also, as far as I can remember, no video tapes have been released "the next day". In fact, some have been held for several months and others, like some with Lee, haven't been released yet?

Right! Excuse me BC - they haven't even been to visit in a really long time . . .

Meanwhile, the Anthony family's attorney, Brad Conway, said he expected the jail to deny his request for an in-person meeting between Casey Anthony and her parents, but he does have a request for the jail.

"At the very least what we want is for Cindy and George Anthony to visit with Casey without it being videotaped and released the very next day and on Nancy Grace that night. They just need some privacy with her," Conway said.

A jail spokesperson said Conway has made no formal request and the jail has no intention of providing any special treatment for Casey Anthony.

bolded by me

Am I missing something here? Why does he keep announcing that he's requesting it when he hasn't? It seems he knows what the answer will be.
Either ask or stop talking about it, please.
Help! I'm confused!.

:confused::confused::confused:

Exactly!!! Is this just a ploy to keep the A's in the news, keep BC in the news and in a job or --- to try to build a growing critical mass of public support and sympathy?

We go round and round on this, BC is always making comments to the media on everything that is occurring, like Kiomarie depo and, throws this one in everytime. Although we do not hear from CA, we are DEFINITELY hearing from CA blow-by-blow via BC!!!!!!

Nag, nag, nag.

BC -- the jail are not listening to you. They have received no such request and, for the record -- have denied any request or special treatment a couple of times.

Why is BC playing this card? It is being played the same way they whined about immunity.

It seems it is more important for BC to keep banging this drum with the media than taking any action to make an actual request.

Desperately seeking attention and sympathy. BC is henpecked by CA.

This family does NOT DESERVE ANY favors after everything they have done
with hendering LE from doing there job! IMO

Just a thought that maybe they want to meet with KC to discuss JB and her representation or lack thereof. IMO, any decent lawyer would have pled her out on an accidental death before the body was found. Of course if any lawyer were to suggest that to the A's now, they probably wouldn't want to hear it. So nevermind.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is one reason why JB hasn't openly lent any support to the A's desire to meet with KC. Months ago, during an interview with LE, GA was very critical of KC's choice of an attorney.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is one reason why JB hasn't openly lent any support to the A's desire to meet with KC. Months ago, during an interview with LE, GA was very critical of KC's choice of an attorney.

Oh, but Friday, Baez doesn't "let his ego get in the way". Said sarcastically. :rolleyes:

When he is working, isn't he racking up a bill?????

Also believe that is the reason for some of JB's lame stuff. Wanting to make sure he gets all the money from the sell of those pictures. Which will leave nothing for her to use on appeal.

Same thing with this guy. If he is doing it for the free PR, then he needs to in News, being seen.

Also, they might want to make sure this case stays in the news constantly. So the public will not forget it. Where they can then claim that they can't seat a fair jury...

Oh, but Friday, Baez doesn't "let his ego get in the way". Said sarcastically. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, that's right. I forgot. <slapping forehead> :)

Unfortunately, JB always brands himself as pompous and egotistical by frequently (not just occasionally) referring to himself when he's asked questions about KC or the case or the law. "I think..." "I feel..." "I believe..."

For example, JB would say, "I think my client is entitled to a fair trial. I believe my client's right to privacy was violated by the Sheriff's Department. "I feel we cannot get an unbiased jury in Orange County."

Other attorneys including BC, MN, JM, would say, "The law guarantees everyone a fair trial and that includes my client." or "My client's right to privacy was violated by..." or "Finding an unbiased jury in Orange County will be impossible."

Sorry, I'm too tired to look up actual quotes from JB and the other attorneys to illustrate my point, and the ones I invented above probably don't make much sense.

Let me put it this way, If JB were a grade school teacher, he'd be saying to his students, "I feel the American Revolution spoiled our relationship with Great Britain... I believe two plus two equals four, and I can prove it."

I should erase this and go to bed. I must seem absurdly petty and picky, but I'm not criticizing JB's grammar or etiquette.

PS: In fairness to JB, it should be noted that he has finally surrendered his "I" for "we," possibly after a jab in the ribs from LKB, et al, or possibly because speaking for other, more famous attorneys, is an ego boost.

Oh yeah, that's right. I forgot. <slapping forehead> :)

Unfortunately, JB always brands himself as pompous and egotistical by frequently (not just occasionally) referring to himself when he's asked questions about KC or the case or the law. "I think..." "I feel..." "I believe..."

For example, JB would say, "I think my client is entitled to a fair trial. I believe my client's right to privacy was violated by the Sheriff's Department. "I feel we cannot get an unbiased jury in Orange County."

Other attorneys including BC, MN, JM, would say, "The law guarantees everyone a fair trial and that includes my client." or "My client's right to privacy was violated by..." or "Finding an unbiased jury in Orange County will be impossible."

Sorry, I'm too tired to look up actual quotes from JB and the other attorneys to illustrate my point, and the ones I invented above probably don't make much sense.

Let me put it this way, If JB were a grade school teacher, he'd be saying to his students, "I feel the American Revolution spoiled our relationship with Great Britain... I believe two plus two equals four, and I can prove it."

I should erase this and go to bed. I must seem absurdly petty and picky, but I'm not criticizing JB's grammar or etiquette.

PS: In fairness to JB, it should be noted that he has finally surrendered his "I" for "we," possibly after a jab in the ribs from LKB, et al, or possibly because speaking for other, more famous attorneys, is an ego boost.

No, I get it...it's that "me thing"...it's "all about me"! All the A's and their attorneys have it. Plus, I think Baez has trouble talking off the cuff (ie. responding to questions from the press, where he has no time to think thru his responses)...he tends to sound more simplistic in his answers and not very professional like other attorneys are. Of course, he's doesn't sound too professional in the courtroom either! LOL!

Same thing with this guy. If he is doing it for the free PR, then he needs to in News, being seen.

Ya know what's funny...JB's daughter is a PR major at UofF. That was always so ironic to me.

He's been hangin' out with JB too long...I like to call this "to 'Baez'" a request...release a statement about something like you have already done it, and get around to it later. Or release a statement and make a request rather than wasting the pen and ink to write it down and have it denied.

YIKES-I am becoming cynical.

LOL -- I used to think I was a cynic; now I realize I'm a realist! So are you.:blowkiss:

KC should be glad she has the "special privilege" of isolation, leave well enough alone, and quit asking for other privileges. After the bracelet episode, which many people suspect was initiated by Cindy, and the reprimands Baez got for touching his client, why would anyone think they would or should be allowed to meet somewhere they could not be monitored?

Besides, who would be the first one to yell "foul" if LE didn't follow procedure? Um, Baez?

To quote KC: "Come ON!"

Only because the jail wants to ensure KC's safety until trial. Hopefully, once convicted, prison will be like we are, not caring about the misfit going in general pop. :mad:

I doubt even solitary would keep KC safe once convicted. Even Charles Manson has been attacked in prison.

No, I get it...it's that "me thing"...it's "all about me"! All the A's and their attorneys have it. Plus, I think Baez has trouble talking off the cuff (ie. responding to questions from the press, where he has no time to think thru his responses)...he tends to sound more simplistic in his answers and not very professional like other attorneys are. Of course, he's doesn't sound too professional in the courtroom either! LOL!

Baez has yet to present himself in a professional manner ..
He most likely never will ..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18
Back