Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What Bothers You About Selling the T shirts the MOST

• The fact these t shirts are possibly being distributed AT ALL

Votes: 141 43.0%
  • That there is the potential for the Anthony's to make Money?

Votes: 139 42.4%
  • Doesn't Bother Me

Votes: 48 14.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a problem!:blowkiss: You make an excellent point. This case will hurt the credibility of future missing children's searches.

I'm aware that it's old stock they're selling off, but no matter when the shirts were made, the Anthony's or Michelle Bart have no business selling these inaccurate shirts in my opinion. You don't know that they've changed them at all. I said previously that if they changed them to be a memorial shirt for Caylee- such as you suggested with the fly home angel slogan, that would be acceptable to most.

Very Sad that there are so many hostile people in this world.

so true- hostile and still selling that poor babys misfortune.

I am not surprised that the (missing) T-shirts are for sale. It is the wrong thing to do, but what have the Anthony's done right.

My two cents
They are selling them for $10, that includes shipping

From what I know, full color shirts you can get them mass produced for $7-$15
They obviously got them in a large quantity to pay less, but I doubt they are really making a "profit" or ever were for that matter. At most its a dollar a shirt or less. Remember they also have to ship them and that costs a couple dollars too.

Notwithstanding, there are a bazillion threads on parents or parenting or individuals.

That horse done left the stall, no rider.

Dog won't hunt.
Cat won't meow.
Horse won't race.
Cow won't moo.
Mockingbird won't sing
What a bleak world huh?
LOL!!!

and caylee has been found.

We can no longer comment about the hfcma fund. Anyone that has been following websluths since july knows why.

What has an appearance of innocence to the newcomers, is an absolute outrage to those who participated in following the money.

absolutely!!!

I think that a few worded should be added to the front of the shirt..

PROTECT INNOCENT CHILDREN

MURDERED
ACROSS THE FRONT!

The myspace site states:
Checks payable to: Help Find Caylee Marie Anthony
The shirts I have seen not only have Caylee on them they also
list a bunch of other missing chidrens names on them.
I don't see what the problem is with them selling them as long
as they do what they say they are going to do with the money!

It says a bit more than that! The following blurb is cut & pasted from the site...as you can see the cheques do go to the A family, addressed to their home address and made out to "Help Find Caylee Marie Anthony". I assume people can also pay in cash and would just send the cash in the envelope to their home.

Checks payable to: Help Find Caylee Marie Anthony
The Anthony Family
4937 Hopespring Dr.
Orlando, FL 32829

What I find very odd is that it appears to me the trust, according to it's terms, was supposed to cease operating when Caylee was found. Are they lawfully able to keep selling these shirts through this trust fund?

Please forgive me if this has already been asked, but how do we know that the A's are even aware that these shirts are still being sold? We have not seen or heard from the A's since Caylee's remains were found. They might just be a little bit preoccupied with grief, anger, and the fact that their daughter is sitting in jail for Caylee's murder to even think about shirts. They may not have even personally visited the website to even see that the shirts are still for sale. Personally, I have a lot of negative feelings for the A's, but under the circumstances I can see how the continued sale of these shirts would go unnoticed.

IIRC, BC was asked about the t-shirts days ago and refused to comment. Also, MB says that it was Cindy who asked her to do it.

"IMO" I feel that the Anthony's should just donate the t-shirts to the homeless to help keep them warm. Caylee is no longer missing, and if there are people out there regardless of what the reason is; wanting to buy the t-shirts then the money should go to another fund for another missing child. I am sure that the Anthony's are grieving the loss of Caylee and maybe this was an over sight, Cindy being so heavily sedated is just agreeing on MB idea to keep selling the items. Regardless, I find it in poor taste but that is JMO, the fund should of closed once Caylee was found. Not sure what the legalities would be on money being received for a child that is no longer missing. The site now states that the money would go to help another missing child, but the money is being paid to the Anthony's. :confused:

I think they ought to donate all the shirts to whatever prison Casey winds up in, so she is confronted with them everywhere she goes......

"IMO" I feel that the Anthony's should just donate the t-shirts to the homeless to help keep them warm. Caylee is no longer missing, and if there are people out there regardless of what the reason is; wanting to buy the t-shirts then the money should go to another fund for another missing child. I am sure that the Anthony's are grieving the loss of Caylee and maybe this was an over sight, Cindy being so heavily sedated is just agreeing on MB idea to keep selling the items. Regardless, I find it in poor taste but that is JMO, the fund should of closed once Caylee was found. Not sure what the legalities would be on money being received for a child that is no longer missing. The site now states that the money would go to help another missing child, but the money is being paid to the Anthony's. :confused:

:clap::clap::clap:agree with you...just the name "Caylee is missing"---then they wonder why people have issues with them??????? :waitasec:

:clap::clap::clap:agree with you...just the name "Caylee is missing"---then they wonder why people have issues with them??????? :waitasec:

Since this is from the same place selling the t-shirts, I hope it's ok to post.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=122459029&blogID=458799706

It would stand to reason that MB could not write anything on a website that belongs to the Anthonys without their complete approval, right?
She wrote this 2 weeks after Caylees remains were found, and Caylee's identity was also known at the time of the writing. I will only include the part that bothers me to no end, the insistence that Caylee IS still missing!

Caylee’s Myspace Site Requests Dec 24

"This past six months have been difficult obviously for the Anthony family, the organizations that have given countless hours and resources to helping find Caylee, and difficult for all of you, the public; the strangers who came to love an angel with hazel eyes that could put a smile on anyone's face; a voice that will continue to be embedded into all of our minds; and a child in which is among just one of thousands still missing."

Since this is from the same place selling the t-shirts, I hope it's ok to post.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=122459029&blogID=458799706

It would stand to reason that MB could not write anything on a website that belongs to the Anthonys without their complete approval, right?
She wrote this 2 weeks after Caylees remains were found, and Caylee's identity was also known at the time of the writing. I will only include the part that bothers me to no end, the insistence that Caylee IS still missing!

Caylee’s Myspace Site Requests Dec 24

"This past six months have been difficult obviously for the Anthony family, the organizations that have given countless hours and resources to helping find Caylee, and difficult for all of you, the public; the strangers who came to love an angel with hazel eyes that could put a smile on anyone's face; a voice that will continue to be embedded into all of our minds; and a child in which is among just one of thousands still missing."

barforama

I notice they appear to have trademarked "Help Find Caylee". And I also notice that at the bottom of her page it now says "Please Help Us Find Lost Children". Sounds to me they are going into business with this. Unbelievable. http://www.helpfindcaylee.com/

Since Caylee was never truly "missing", just murdered, unreported, then lied about....I consider poor Caylee in another category than a missing child. I find it vulgar that the A's don't.

Gaia, I totally got the same feeling when I was on the site.

I find the whole idea of the Anthonys hawking t-shirts "highly inappropriate" and I think I can list what bothers me the most about the blog.

1. ...we still have some left and if you would like to purchase them please follow these steps:

2. Please mail your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and what you would like to purchase (shirt/bracelet) and size to George Anthony: cost $10

3. Or questions about shirts or bracelets to George:

I'm at a loss for words...

Since Caylee was never truly "missing", just murdered, unreported, then lied about....I consider poor Caylee in another category than a missing child. I find it vulgar that the A's don't.
Well said! :clap:

I find the whole idea of the Anthonys hawking t-shirts "highly inappropriate" and I think I can list what bothers me the most about the blog.

1. ...we still have some left and if you would like to purchase them please follow these steps:

2. Please mail your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and what you would like to purchase (shirt/bracelet) and size to George Anthony: cost $10

3. Or questions about shirts or bracelets to George:

I'm at a loss for words...

Why the need for the buyers phone number?
Maybe for future help with upcoming projects?

A little while ago on Headline News, the anchor had JVM on for a couple of minutes and they were discussing the t-shirts still being for sale. JVM said there would be more discussion of the t-shirt sales on her show tonight.

At least the continuing sale of the t-shirts have gotten national media attention now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MG89