Anyone Ever Heard...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
librazone said:
Looks like you have little confidence in law enforcement agencies. Sorry but they do know their jobs. They went after the ramseys because they knew they had the right people.The only thing that stopped an indictment was the politics going on in the DA's office.
What about the Grand Jury refusing to indict--they aren't part of the DA's office???

librazone said:
She never left the house. Both the police and FBI said there was no kidnapping involved.
I'm not saying he wasnt involved in another case.
Read the charges librazone, it's this case they are referring to.

Buzzm1 said:
Hello!!, if charged, John Mark Karr will be charged with kidnapping
I get the legal distinction - if you hold a person against their will, then per the law - that's kidnapping. I think the orginal poster is saying, JBR wasn't kidnapped from the home for ransom. She was in fact sexually assaulted in the home. Again, this points to the ransom note as being a red herring.

Buzzm1 said:
Read the charges librazone, it's this case they are referring to.
Do we have a new definition of kidnapping. Or is forcebly making a person go from one room to another and holding them in that room considered as kidnapping. Possible? In a way it does fall under the definition of kidnapping if that is what occurred.

southcitymom said:
I get the legal distinction - if you hold a person against their will, then per the law - that's kidnapping. I think the orginal poster is saying, JBR wasn't kidnapped from the home for ransom. She was in fact sexually assaulted in the home. Again, this points to the ransom note as being a red herring.
So what is your take on this...are you saying that the Ramseys are innocent?

Detention is an element of kidnapping, not necessarily including transportation.

southcitymom said:

Just as an aside does that mean if a parent confines their child to a room it would be considered kidnapping. I would think there would have to be some complementing definitions here.

librazone said:
So what is your take on this...are you saying that the Ramseys are innocent?
No, not at all. I believe it was an inside job - probably an accident - and that Burke or Patsy committed the murder. I believe Patsy wrote the note. I am open to other theories and read them with interest, but at this stage of the game I do not believe an outsider did all this. No way - too many things don't add up.

librazone said:
Just as an aside does that mean if a parent confines their child to a room it would be considered kidnapping. I would think there would have to be some complementing definitions here.
Gosh, I hope so - if not, I could be charged with multiple counts of kidnapping just for today's activities alone! :)

librazone said:
Also, I have a hard time considering this Karr guy a true suspect until I hear they can link him to Boulder at the time of the crime. If I were a DA, I'd definitely have THAT informatioin sewn up before I arrested someone. Therwise, what a waste of time.

southcitymom said:
Gosh, I hope so - if not, I could be charged with multiple counts of kidnapping just for today's activities alone! :)
Me too :crazy:

Found this definition of kidnapping in a legal dictionary.

kidnapping n. the taking of a person against his/her will (or from the control of a parent or guardian) from one place to another under circumstances in which the person so taken does not have freedom of movement, will, or decision through violence, force, threat or intimidation. Although it is not necessary that the purpose be criminal (since all kidnapping is a criminal felony) the capture usually involves some related criminal act such as holding the person for ransom, sexual and/or sadistic abuse, or rape. It includes taking due to irresistible impulse and a parent taking and hiding a child in violation of court order.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/kidnapping

southcitymom said:
Also, I have a hard time considering this Karr guy a true suspect until I hear they can link him to Boulder at the time of the crime. If I were a DA, I'd definitely have THAT informatioin sewn up before I arrested someone. Therwise, what a waste of time.
No kidding, and what harm would be done giving that info out to stamp down this media frenzy!

southcitymom said:
No, not at all. I believe it was an inside job - probably an accident - and that Burke or Patsy committed the murder. I believe Patsy wrote the note. I am open to other theories and read them with interest, but at this stage of the game I do not believe an outsider did all this. No way - too many things don't add up.
I'm ceratinly with you on this one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE
Back