Anyone Ever Heard...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
librazone said:
Found this definition of kidnapping in a legal dictionary.

kidnapping n. the taking of a person against his/her will (or from the control of a parent or guardian) from one place to another under circumstances in which the person so taken does not have freedom of movement, will, or decision through violence, force, threat or intimidation. Although it is not necessary that the purpose be criminal (since all kidnapping is a criminal felony) the capture usually involves some related criminal act such as holding the person for ransom, sexual and/or sadistic abuse, or rape. It includes taking due to irresistible impulse and a parent taking and hiding a child in violation of court order.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/kidnapping
Well, I did threaten both my 3 year old and my 5 year old today with loss of treats and t.v. if they didn't get to their rooms and stay there until I released them! And my voice was loud - I certainly was trying to be intimidating! Maybe I should call my lawyer! :innocent:

southcitymom said:
Well, I did threaten both my 3 year old and my 5 year old today with loss of treats and t.v. if they didn't get to their rooms and stay there until I released them! And my voice was loud - I certainly was trying to be intimidating! Maybe I should call my lawyer! :innocent:

Better hurry...I hear they've already called theirs.

Candie said:
No kidding, and what harm would be done giving that info out to stamp down this media frenzy!
Absolutely. This is the piece of the puzzle regarding this arrest that confuses me more than anything else. I read article after article and no one says anything that links this guy to Colorado - in fact, people like his ex-wife and brother are saying the exact opposite. Yes, the guy's a strange bird and unnaturely obsessed with JBR and probably a pedophile, but how does that mean he did it? I hope they have more evidence than they are showing. But I'm unconvinced that they do. I don't think they've got the right murderer in custody.

librazone said:
Better hurry...I hear they've already called theirs.
They're WAY smarter than me, so I don't doubt that. I mean, I used to be a bright woman - I really did - and then I had kids and now I can barely finish a thought!:crazy:

Buzzm1 said:
Read the charges librazone, it's this case they are referring to.

come to think of it, "kidnapping" is a strange charge actually...JBR wasn't 'taken' anywhere..she was murdered in her home...

southcitymom said:
Absolutely. This is the piece of the puzzle regarding this arrest that confuses me more than anything else. I read article after article and no one says anything that links this guy to Colorado - in fact, people like his ex-wife and brother are saying the exact opposite. Yes, the guy's a strange bird and unnaturely obsessed with JBR and probably a pedophile, but how does that mean he did it? I hope they have more evidence than they are showing. But I'm unconvinced that they do. I don't think they've got the right murderer in custody.
I keep leaning that way too, just trying to take it all in. So much is pure media speculation about Karr, not the case per se, and has left me dizzy. They, the DA, need to throw us a bone :waitasec:

southcitymom said:
I get the legal distinction - if you hold a person against their will, then per the law - that's kidnapping. I think the orginal poster is saying, JBR wasn't kidnapped from the home for ransom. She was in fact sexually assaulted in the home. Again, this points to the ransom note as being a red herring.

riiiiiiight.....

close_enough said:
come to think of it, "kidnapping" is a strange charge actually...JBR wasn't 'taken' anywhere..she was murdered in her home...
If you read librazone's earlier posting with the legal definition of kidnapping it makes more sense.

jc9876 said:
That's an important link, guys. It says a file was opened on JMK in Colorado in the education system. I would like to know more.
It is the first time I have heard his name and Colorado is the same sentence with any concrete indicator that he was there. Still, I need more...I don't think this guy did it.

southcitymom said:
It is the first time I have heard his name and Colorado is the same sentence with any concrete indicator that he was there. Still, I need more...I don't think this guy did it.
I'm not sure either. If I were one to believe in conspiracy theories..I would think maybe, possibly someone "started" an application for him. :)

Somebody mentioned some months ago that in the recorded history of crime,there have been eighteen cases of a child found dead in a home,and a ransom note later found in the house--But in all eighteen cases,the ransom notes were deemed fake,and the parents themselves were charged in the deaths--I wish I could remember that post,some crime researcher issued that report

jc9876 said:
I'm not sure either. If I were one to believe in conspiracy theories..I would think maybe, possibly someone "started" an application for him. :)

Actually I wouldnt doubt that he will be making good money on all this and that he is not worried at all as he already has an ironclad alibi. He will get away with only a misdemeanor charge and acquitted via mental instability.

Peter Hamilton said:
Somebody mentioned some months ago that in the recorded history of crime,there have been eighteen cases of a child found dead in a home,and a ransom note later found in the house--But in all eighteen cases,the ransom notes were deemed fake,and the parents themselves were charged in the deaths--I wish I could remember that post,some crime researcher issued that report
Wow - I would love to see that post! Maybe I will try to google it.

librazone said:
Found this definition of kidnapping in a legal dictionary.

kidnapping n. the taking of a person against his/her will (or from the control of a parent or guardian) from one place to another under circumstances in which the person so taken does not have freedom of movement, will, or decision through violence, force, threat or intimidation. Although it is not necessary that the purpose be criminal (since all kidnapping is a criminal felony) the capture usually involves some related criminal act such as holding the person for ransom, sexual and/or sadistic abuse, or rape. It includes taking due to irresistible impulse and a parent taking and hiding a child in violation of court order.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/kidnapping

makes sense to me...that's why the ransom note had to be written...for the sake of the so called 'kidnapping'....

librazone said:
Actually I wouldnt doubt that he will be making good money on all this and that he is not worried at all as he already has an ironclad alibi. He will get away with only a misdemeanor charge and acquitted via mental instability.

are you talking about the child *advertiser censored* charge in Cali, where he didn't show up for court??

close_enough said:
are you talking about the child *advertiser censored* charge in Cali, where he didn't show up for court??
Oh jeezus I didnt even know about that one. No I meant his involvement in the Ramsey case.

jc9876 said:
That's an important link, guys. It says a file was opened on JMK in Colorado in the education system. I would like to know more.

me too, but the file was opened at an undeterminded point.....

However, while he had never applied for a teaching license, certification or authorization in the state of Colorado, a file was opened at an undetermined point in his name with the Colorado Department of Education. That may have been triggered by the submission of either test scores or fingerprints, signaling his intention to apply for a license. He never did so.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truth Exposed
Back