Aphrodite Jones, JonBenet, and Lou Smit?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Cathy R you are absolutely right. And the police did do the two prong investigation. The only problem was all the evidence, the hard core logical evidence, pointed right back at the Ramseys.

:clap: :clap: And no amount of anti-BPD propaganda is gonna change that.

Cathy, the dna is not the only thing that cleared Karr. His ex-wife provided evidence that he was in Georgia that day/night. Nowhere near Boulder. One more reason ML should have lost her job. His whereabouts that night could have been proven without bringing that piece of pond scum back to the states.

Damn right, she should have lost her job! This is what I wrote in chapter seven:

Her conduct violated the most basic elements of procedure that a first-year law student would know. It was clear to many that she was a pro-Ramsey partisan and was trying to give them a gift. There should have been a recall election. She should have been forced to resign. The case should have been taken over by capable professionals. But none of that happened, because after ten years nobody gave a damn.

Heyya SD.

History can be rewritten.

AJ is an accomplished author
http://www.aphroditejones.com/bio.htm
and a special correspondent for FOX NEWS,
and into media driven conspiracies.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIwehjDPOYU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIwehjDPOYU[/ame]

Yes she will be our new "Wall of Shame" recipient.

As soon as I finish my letter to Ms. Jones I'll post it here.

What we are going to do is take that fiasco of a show and tear it apart line by line to show the bias, the lies, and laziness of it all.

Let me ask you something, do you think it is fair to characterize what Jones did in the show as:

• misrepresenting the evidence;
• suppressing true evidence;
• didn't reveal facts;
• and out-and-out lied.

Is that a fair description in your opinion? If not let me know.

Absolutely all of the above Tricia.
As a true fan of the ID channel and so many of their shows I am really ticked off. This show was a farce and AJ should know that. This is not her first ride at the rodeo. I will send a letter to AJ and ID channel.

JonBenet deserves better than this.

jmho

John Ramsey was cited as a source in the credits for providing video and pictures (Thank you Why_Nut for that info). Could one assume he is the person who gave the mis-information to the shows producers? Perhaps. Perhaps it was just lazy journalism or maybe something more dark. Perhaps an out and out lie.

The thing is Aphrodite Jones's credibility is shot. I am going to make sure the members and readers of both forums, WS and FFJ, know the truth about this show.

With over 37 thousand combined members plus the hundreds of thousands of true crime buffs who read at the forums a lot of Jone's core crowd is going to see exactly how mis-guided and wrong that show was. How poorly her research skills are.

The truth will not paint Aphrodite Jones in a good light at all.

In my opinion how can we trust her books or anything else she has done or ever does from now on?

When you see just how much information was bogus in that story it will be shocking.

I just have vivid memories of AJ hanging/clinging lovingly onto Scott Petersons lawyer Mark Geragos almost daily at SP's trial...bleccchhhhh :sick:

That was my introduction to this woman...not impressed...

$$ is always plentiful on the high profile defense side, IMP she goes there as other media do to create FALSE controversy for ratings and MORE $$$$

I'm surprised people were tricked into watching the show. I watched a few of her shows quite a while ago and she never had anything new to say. She seems to rehash old cases and leave out what she wants to get attention from new (younger) viewers who were not old enough to remember them when they happened.

This doesn't surprise me in the least. From the outset, virtually all the talking heads on television were inexplicably sympathetic to the Ramsey family. The coverage has always been one-sided, despite the protestations that the media was "unfair" or "tried" the parents.

Aphrodite Jones is an interesting person. Her unique first name becomes all the more fascinating when one learns she was daughter of a career military officer, not some free-spirited bohemians. Like John Douglas, who embarrassed himself not only by postulating an "intruder" in the JBR case, but by swallowing the unjust prosecution of Richard Hauptmann for the Lindbergh baby kidnapping, Jones has a reputation that isn't deserved. Like many a best-selling author, her popularity doesn't necessarily translate into a high regard for truth and justice.

But then again, as a non best-selling author, maybe I'm just bitter. At any rate, I plan on sending her one of my patented scathing emails, which will probably never be read.

Smurf! You made it! :great:

i did with thanks to you and Tricia (i think it was her)

Unfortunatley we don't get ID in the UK so i haven't seen the show bur from what i can gather it was very biased.

IMO its people messing up the facts like the house tour being just before JBRs death that hinder the potential progression for the case( i always thought it was a year or two before)

I wanted so bad to believe that AJ just got sucked into the Ramsey machine, but the more I think of the outright lies and propaganda she used in this crockumentary I realize that this was just another tool of John Ramsey. In the email that I sent I told her that EVERY piece of evidence she cited could be refuted and then I refuted several of them myself. I have never seen a program on ID that upset me like this and intend to let them know exactly how I feel about this farce, after all, we can't expect them to know if we don't speak up.
Tricia: this was a deliberate attempt to garner sympathy for the Ramseys. Aphrodite Jones had ample opportunity to, at the very least, fact check this material, and she couldn't be bothered. If she wants to use the media in this way, then she better be prepared to handle all the criticism coming her way. I don't believe that anyone on WS is here for anything other than justice for JonBenet and it's sad that there are still folks getting rich off of her 15 years later.

I wanted so bad to believe that AJ just got sucked into the Ramsey machine, but the more I think of the outright lies and propaganda she used in this crockumentary I realize that this was just another tool of John Ramsey. In the email that I sent I told her that EVERY piece of evidence she cited could be refuted and then I refuted several of them myself. I have never seen a program on ID that upset me like this and intend to let them know exactly how I feel about this farce, after all, we can't expect them to know if we don't speak up.
Tricia: this was a deliberate attempt to garner sympathy for the Ramseys. Aphrodite Jones had ample opportunity to, at the very least, fact check this material, and she couldn't be bothered. If she wants to use the media in this way, then she better be prepared to handle all the criticism coming her way. I don't believe that anyone on WS is here for anything other than justice for JonBenet and it's sad that there are still folks getting rich off of her 15 years later.

joeskidbeck,
This is how the media works. Its guaranteed LW or JR was contacted prior to scripting the show. They would need a steer so to avoid potential litigation.

Why bother writing to her at all Tricia. She has a boss and the boss is bound to be the one to decide if her value as a journalist is worth continuing shows that do not have fact check. The show had lots of commercials write them and ask them not to sponsor her show. Hit them where it hurts. I have the whole thing recorded so if you need a list of advertisers let me know.
Hey I have always leaned towards an IDI but false information for IDI or RDI isn't going to get the case solved. It is a real injustice to both sides.

I recorded the show. My dvr picked up the last bit of the show aired about Chanda Levy. Her dad said he felt punished by God, huh isn't that the premise for Johns new book?

Karr may not be the killer but he is scum and scum tends to attract more scum to itself.
Is it possible that he actually met and discussed the killing with the person(s). These child molesters are well organized and even have an organization trying to promote it. I think it is called Namba or something similar. It is supposed to promote man and boy love. Sick. I don't think they really care if it is boy or girl just a child.
His confession never changes and the details he provides are chilling. The stuff he wrote to Michael Tracey is so sick.
I found it interesting the UT at Austin guy said he thought the note was constructed by a man and woman but not the parents as there isn't enough mistakes and cross outs. He said who ever wrote it was under stress. This kinda blows my idea that the killer wrote the note or parts of it before the killing and then added more after. For the BDI theories I saw nothing on the show. The two footprints? I know about the hi-tech one but the other is news to me. I have stepped away from this forum for a few months trying to get perspective but unfortunately I have forgotten a lot of the details. Didn't the investigation of the footprint give us size of the Hi Tech shoe? The space between the heel and arch is different from each size. I know this for certain as I have sold specialty sized shoes for women. If the police can't tell then the manufacturer should be able to. I am off to refresh my memory and read on the forum details I might have forgotten already.
BEFORE anyone says anything about my memory lay off me it is a B#@!%^ getting old! You will get there too one day and put salt in your coffee and sugar on the potatoes. LOL. haven't done it yet but I'm sure I will.

It is still good to write to her, even if only to let her know that there are people who saw her show and KNOW she was giving false and misleading info, and the info on the date of house tour is an out and out LIE. AJ may never give an answer or public statement correcting these falsehoods, but at least she (and her producers) will know she didn't fool EVERYONE. (Not our Tricia, for sure!)

I wrote her and gave her a piece of my mind. No fact-checking...something a reputable journalist/author would do. All the available information was available online..autopsy report, search warrants, depos, interrogations...

She was pro-Ramsey because she didn't want to get sued, period.

edited to add her e-mail address:

aphrodite.jones@yahoo.com

Well, I'm glad she did the show, if for no other reason then to keep the case in the news. There was an error when it came to the Christmas tour the year before---not days before---and most likely it was confused with the Christmas party for friends. That's not to say that someone couldn't have been on the tour to case the place, but it seems unlikely to me that they would wait a whole year.

I thought she did a good job in summarizing the unanswered evidence---the questionable hi-tech footprint and the unmatched DNA. The latest sample was good enough to enter into the database. She did talk about the Ramseys as suspects----but there is no motive or any past history to indicate they had the criminal minds to do such an elaborate coverup in a small period of time between the murder and JonBenet was murdered.

She raised questions about Michael Helgoth---and the timing of his "suicide" with Alex Hunter's statement, and the reason for the statement.

I could have done without Karr, but he did become a bit player in the case.

The second footprint was a bit of a surprise.

I would have liked to have heard more from the linguistic guy as far as the movie lines and movie references in the note.

Well, I'm glad she did the show, if for no other reason then to keep the case in the news. There was an error when it came to the Christmas tour the year before---not days before---and most likely it was confused with the Christmas party for friends. That's not to say that someone couldn't have been on the tour to case the place, but it seems unlikely to me that they would wait a whole year.

I thought she did a good job in summarizing the unanswered evidence---the questionable hi-tech footprint and the unmatched DNA. The latest sample was good enough to enter into the database. She did talk about the Ramseys as suspects----but there is no motive or any past history to indicate they had the criminal minds to do such an elaborate coverup in a small period of time between the murder and JonBenet was murdered.

She raised questions about Michael Helgoth---and the timing of his "suicide" with Alex Hunter's statement, and the reason for the statement.

I could have done without Karr, but he did become a bit player in the case.

The second footprint was a bit of a surprise.

I would have liked to have heard more from the linguistic guy as far as the movie lines and movie references in the note.
BBM

I thought maybe this was an error right up until the audio of Patsy's voice began playing and then it became clear that this was one more attempt to deliberatly mislead anyone who didn't already know the facts. Same thing for the Hi-tech shoe prints. Not one word about the fact that BR owned this type of shoe. If I had known nothing about this case I would believe the Ramseys were innocent after watching this and that's my problem with the show. It was clearly biased for the Ramseys. If JR wants the world to see this drivel he should fork out the money for a late night infomercial and spin till his heart is content. Shame on Investigation Discovery and Aphrodite Jones for providing a vehicle.

She did talk about the Ramseys as suspects----but there is no motive or any past history to indicate they had the criminal minds to do such an elaborate coverup in a small period of time between the murder and JonBenet was murdered.

Oh, God, I am so tired of that one!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back