April 15th wknd of Sleuthing

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, even with some of our adversarial thoughts and posts about Brad Cooper, I would be the first one to arrive to help if anybody on here needed it. I don't want anybody from WS to have any bad weather or problems of any kind. Sending good thoughts to all.

Same thought here. Hope everyone is OK.

Kenly has taken a direct tornado hit per WRAL right now.

Weather Channel just showed a big truck flipped on I40 near Benson. Please be safe, folks!

Ohhh I just noticed gracielee is offline..Lets all hold our breath until she checks back in..Sure Hope she's okay..My oh My I cannot believe the worry I feel not even knowing anyone of ya all..only thru this blog.. Seems we can indeed "Connect" on a higher level..Stay safe all you guys who are in harms way!! Pleeeze look after yourselves and your furbabies too!! Things can be replaced but lives CANNOT!! Sorry to be so melodramatic..BUT times like this, we all have to pull together..There is "Power in Numbers"..Good karma :innocent:

NCEast - are you in the all clear yet?

No, just got my tv back, she's in a bad storm right now. Tornado on the ground just east of Rocky Mount, N.C. Very bad rain, wind, extreme weather. :rocker:

No, just got my tv back, she's in a bad storm right now. Tornado on the ground just east of Rocky Mount, N.C. Very bad rain, wind, extreme weather. :rocker:

Ohhhh You are OKay then..I just sent out an alert to everybody to hold their breath for you..SOOOO Glad you are okay!! Welcome back to the fold :seeya:

Gracielee - glad you have power. Waiting for all clear for NCEast! Oh my this is awful. In Charlotte today and was driving up to Cary and friends up there called and said 'no way'. Charlotte had high winds and some ugly rain and tornado warnings this AM - but am thinking 'up north east' you have gotten the very worst.

For the non-locals who aren't getting the WRAL news right now, here are some pictures of today's damage. The worst of it skirted my area, and we have little damage. Other parts of downtown and North Raleigh are looking bad. No reports of injuries yet, and I am hoping that holds true.

http://www.wral.com/weather/image_gallery/9452442/

NC East is in bad area right now.

Just saw Capital Blvd. Brentwood Rd. area of Raleigh on TV. Terrible damage in that area, EMT trucks and ambulances in there.

But terribly worried about NC east right now. that's where it's bad right now. Rocky Mount and east is bad.

NCEast - are you in the all clear yet?

We are ok, thank you. At 5:27pm WRAL stated that a direct tornado hit was in the Elm City area headed towards Sharpsburg and they had on the screen for my area to expect a direct hit at 5:37. So I got everybody in the closet with flash lights, etc. and we got some very hard rain and then the sky brightened up tremendously about 3 minutes later. WRAL said south Rocky Mount had sustained a lot of damage and with the way the crow flies that's directly across from where I am. We were lucky and I hope everybody else on here has escaped as well. I will be happy when GL checks in although I haven't read the posts backwards yet so maybe she has. Thank you again.

NC East is in bad area right now.

Just saw Capital Blvd. Brentwood Rd. area of Raleigh on TV. Terrible damage in that area, EMT trucks and ambulances in there.

But terribly worried about NC east right now. that's where it's bad right now. Rocky Mount and east is bad.

We are ok. I think it hit south Rocky Mount and then jumped over us although my county is still under a tornado warning until 6:15. Archers Lodge son just called and said they were back home and everything was ok there. I asked him about the area where you are and he said he thought you were ok because the storm sort of splintered before it got into that area--part became a a warning and part became a watch. So happy you are ok. So happy *everybody* appears to be ok. Don't like this kind of weather.

We are ok, thank you. At 5:27pm WRAL stated that a direct tornado hit was in the Elm City area headed towards Sharpsburg and they had on the screen for my area to expect a direct hit at 5:37. So I got everybody in the closet with flash lights, etc. and we got some very hard rain and then the sky brightened up tremendously about 3 minutes later. WRAL said south Rocky Mount had sustained a lot of damage and with the way the crow flies that's directly across from where I am. We were lucky and I hope everybody else on here has escaped as well. I will be happy when GL checks in although I haven't read the posts backwards yet so maybe she has. Thank you again.

Oh thank goodness, was watching the Rocky Mount/East reports and thought it was right over you. Glad to see you back. Watching the damage on TV now, widespread damage throughout the area. Sanford, took a big hit.

NCSU95 in Holly Springs, lots of damage in that area. Have only heard of property damage so far though. Hope he checks in soon.

There are two tornado systems happening. One started in the Fayetteville area the other started in the Holly Springs area both moving North East. Stay safe folks!

The lights went out down here, between Holly Springs and Fuquay, all power gone, and it was dark and rainy and scary, but the sun is out now. I thought we were going to have to build arks for awhile and trees were bending over. Lots of debris from the winds on the road, mainly small branches, flower pots, things like that. It is so weird how the sun is out now and the sky is blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member