April 15th wknd of Sleuthing

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting you 2 are questioning things that Kurtz totally dismissed in his cross.
it is a fact that Brad's IBM laptop zoomed into the dump site at 1:15PM on 7-11-08.

If the testimony had not been I used the Lat and Long to determine it was the center of the Zip (which it wasn't) and 27518 Zip Code was changed (which it wasn't) I might find this whole google search business more credible.

Another thing I was wondering about. Since the map indicates premeditation, why would BC have made morning plans with a friend? He had to know he would be busy taking care of cleaning up lots and lots of evidence. Why would he risk setting a firm time to play tennis and possibly have someone trying to reach him early in the morning?

ETA: And why did he answer when her friends called? That would have bought him more time too. Answering those calls threw them both into a panic. These kinds of things make his appear to be innocent.

I know we've gone over this before - but I find it incredible that the CPD powered up the laptop as-is. You don't have to be forensic computer expert to know that you pull the original hard drive and work off of a CLONE in these types of situations. I'm sorry - these guys are technical buffoons and need remedial training ASAP on how to conduct criminal investigations in the 21st century.

CPD did nothing to the laptop.
The "buffoons" you refer to were FBI computer forensic experts.

Another thing I was wondering about. Since the map indicates premeditation, why would BC have made morning plans with a friend? He had to know he would be busy taking care of cleaning up lots and lots of evidence. Why would he risk setting a firm time to play tennis and possibly have someone trying to reach him early in the morning?

Would it have been more suspicious if he cancelled those plans Friday night?

I did a search on 27518 and the center of that is Kildare Farm Rd. Magnification level starts out in the middle so I have to zoom in to the area by about 3 or 4 clicks. To see Fielding Dr at that zoomed in level I have to scroll the map to the right. And then to see the dump site in detail I have to zoom in a couple more clicks. My computer is slow and I can see the the tiles as they render the image.

As I move the image around I see the closed fist icon the FBI expert talked about.

Correct and if you keep scrolling you you continue to see the closed fist. If he was searching something and scrolled past the area with Fielding Dr. to oh I don't know Apex for example he could easily have a closed hand file showing the area of Fielding Dr. In fact, the closed hand file would indicate that he wasn't actually searching for the area of Fielding Dr. itself.

CPD didn't power up the laptop. The laptop was already on and left on until they unplugged it and pulled out the battery. Det Ice is the one who did that. The laptop was on the csco network and password protected. To get on the laptop system required a ctrl alt del key press and the entry of the secure password credential. Once the laptop was unplugged and battery removed, the testimony was that it was never again powered up. The FBI got the computer and copied the hard drive.

I did a search on 27518 and the center of that is Kildare Farm Rd. Magnification level starts out in the middle so I have to zoom in to the area by about 3 or 4 clicks. To see Fielding Dr at that zoomed in level I have to scroll the map to the right. And then to see the dump site in detail I have to zoom in a couple more clicks. My computer is slow and I can see the the tiles as they render the image.

As I move the image around I see the closed fist icon the FBI expert talked about.

When I do the search on 27518, Glen Echo Dr is the center.

If he was making TIFs of the area for one minute, why did Chappel also say he was only on google maps for for 41 seconds. You can't take a minute making tifs of something you were only on for 41 seconds.

why are you arguing what news/twitters say? These 'reporters' were not testifying.

And BC was not 'making" tifs. The tifs were created by google maps as he manipulated the maps.

And the important thing is not that he used 27518 as his search parameter, but that he searched and found the Brittaby Ct area where Nancy was found while she was still alive. And that is where she was found dead.

Just catching up. I am so glad that all of you NC posters made it through the weather yesterday.
Looking forward to the defense side to see what they have come up with. Have a great day everyone!

My search and scroll to get to Fielding Dr. matched how the fbi expert described it. The map point started at Kildare Farm Rd. Then I had to scroll to the right to see the Fielding Dr area. To see it I had to zoom in several times. There is no mistaking those actions. You don't have to search for Fielding Dr to have the map eventually display Fielding Dr. The zooming in changes the tiles just as the FBI guy said. These are sequential steps. Brad Cooper scrolled and zoomed that map right down into the area his wife's body was dumped the next day. No mistake about it.

The fact that that particular google map cookie was deleted and not others, is even more compelling evidence.

Because of the blackout I wasn't able to hear all the details of that day. Are you saying there are cookies for *every* Google map session, and that there are cookies for sessions before and after the Fielding Dr. search on the 11th, and that only this one is missing? If so - I agree...that is pretty damning evidence (unless you guy into the conspiracy that the CPD tampered/used that laptop, which I don't).

Did someone write up something detailed for that day? I would *love* to review it. Thanks!

Now that the state has undisputed proof of a smoking gun, some still want to question the validity.:bang:
I guess the same would be true if someone on the back side of Fielding Drive took a picture of his car and licence plate the afternoon of 7-11-08.

why are you arguing what news/twitters say? These 'reporters' were not testifying.

And BC was not 'making" tifs. The tifs were created by google maps as he manipulated the maps.

And the important thing is not that he used 27518 as his search parameter, but that he searched and found the Brittaby Ct area where Nancy was found while she was still alive. And that is where she was found dead.

So you are saying that the reporters are attributing things in the news as said by Det. Chappell that weren't said by him? I hope the newspaper does something about that.

My search and scroll to get to Fielding Dr. matched how the fbi expert described it. The map point started at Kildare Farm Rd. Then I had to scroll to the right to see the Fielding Dr area. To see it I had to zoom in several times. There is no mistaking those actions. You don't have to search for Fielding Dr to have the map eventually display Fielding Dr. The zooming in changes the tiles just as the FBI guy said. These are sequential steps. Brad Cooper scrolled and zoomed that map right down into the area his wife's body was dumped the next day. No mistake about it.

That is very interesting since the Det. said you could not repeat the same search today. Wonder why he would say that?

Now that the state has undisputed proof of a smoking gun, some still want to question the validity.:bang:
I guess the same would be true if a someone on the back side of Fielding Drive took a picture of his car and licence plate the afternoon of 7-11-08.

I think that if there was a picture of his car that would be a whole other case.

The google search has not been disputed yet because they refuse to turn the MFT output to the Defense team citing National Defense. Let's wait for the Defense to have their turn before we say it is an undisputed smoking gun.

Why make up the stories about using Lat & Long and Zip Code growth? Why say you can't repeat the search today? That is a lot of added false detail to explain this so-called slam-dunk smoking gun.

I think that if there was a picture of his car that would be a whole other case.

The google search has not been disputed yet because they refuse to turn the MFT output to the Defense team citing National Defense. Let's wait for the Defense to have their turn before we say it is an undisputed smoking gun.

Especially since the search was questioned which is when we got the bogus answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kroberts47421