April 8th wknd of Sleuthing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll bet he is just kicking himself you know where??..maybe they should make it mandetory for future patrol officers doing what he wa asked to do..and secure a site or residence, that he take along a video camera..or at least a phone with video capabilities..so he would have something to refer to when making his notes after the fact...LOL..Just a suggestion for their "Suggestion Box"..:floorlaugh:

Why don't you give them a call??!!
icon10.gif
I'm sure they get all kinds of suggestions, and possibly even some remarks about their mothers, too. Yeah, call 'em up!! :nono: I'm sure they'd love to hear from all of us...

Thanks for your response, cody. Understand and respect your POV. Personally, I think the "neighbor approach" was nothing more wall-paper for all "to see" his so-called helpful reaction. Lawyering up is one thing. Shutting up and being totally non-responsive as to where his shoes, clothes, etc., were at (even though requested much later) is another thing.

The man, IMO, lived with a chronic fear-of-loss-&-discovery from early hours July 12 2008. Actually, he demonstrated his fear of loss ($$$) well before NC's murder.

If truly innocent, he'd surely have presented everything he possibly could - especially for his two daughters sakes - via his lawyer. He opted to do naught. If no-one else asked questions, they most certainly would (one day). It's not that, like way too many folk, I don't buy his story ... I just can't buy it, cody.

I know you can't buy it, and honestly that is ok. All of us have a right to our own opinions. I actually think he might be like a lot of men and didn't know what dress his wife was wearing. If that were the case, he would have gone outside and sought help from one of the females. I could see that happening with a man who loved computers, uncomfortable around her friends (for good reason), and faced with a horrible marriage. I hope we get some good evidence to show he did it if he did it.

It think it's well established Nancy Cooper's body was in that drainage ditch at 11am. What I got from the testimony is the body could have, and likely was, based on the bug evidence and age of larvae, in that drainage ditch at 6am or earlier.

Under cross the witness said he had no more certainty of it being before 6 as being after that and could have been as late as 11. It has to be discounted since it doesn't prove the TOD.

the problem is, I think short of DNA, not much in life is 100%. :( When I think about it, was there anything in the scott peterson case that was 100%?

gracielee,

thanks for a segueway into a comment I was going to post today anyway.

I was thinking about the CE in this case, and how there appears to be some feeling that ce is not enough to convict, even though that is most of the evidence that is presented in this type of cases.

I started thinking about some fairly famous cases that were solved with only CE, although "solved" does not actually apply in one of the cases, it was never fully ascertained that the person did not commit the crime, and no one else was ever placed on trial for it.

John F. Kennedy - Blamed on Lee Harvey Oswald. Not fully proven if he did it or acted alone, but only evidence was CE.

Martin Luther King - Solved only with CE.

Robert Kennedy - shooting was done in front of many witnesses, but only CE to prove that Sirhan Sirhan was guilty, and there have been allegations that others pulled the trigger or participated.

Tate/Labianca - Charles Manson and the members of his "family" convicted with only CE, including witness testimony.

I really can't believe we are arguing about this. None of you can honestly say "yeah, they dropped the ball on this one." ?

The search warrant was from October. You all really think it's good police work that they did not ask BC where his shoes were on 7/15? They asked him for his cell phone that day which he handed over. They asked him to show recent calls, which he did. They did not ask for shoes and clothing. I'm sure the prosecutors were not happy about that because there could have been evidence or evidence that he tried to hide something.

The reason I brought up the shoes at all is because I wanted to know why they did the mica testing on the shoes he wore while looking through the woods all over the place for his wife. Is it possible they were going to try to suggest it was those shoes he was wearing the day of the murder? That seems a tad bit corrupt to me.

:banghead:

They did not seize his cellphone that day...again, your spin on the facts amazes me. Det Young already said they did not review the HT video before Brad stopped talking. Why would they ask for shoes they were unaware of at the time? The October SW proves they looked for the shoes and his clothing and did not recover either. That goes to prove he disposed of them between 7-12-08 and his arrest in October.

What evidence has the prosecution presented that shows a strong likelihood that BC killed his wife?

Let's list some of them. I can't think of one single thing.

What evidence has the prosecution presented that shows a strong likelihood that BC killed his wife?

Well of course you can't
<<sigh>>

When BC was notified that a female body had been found, he stated that Nancy always ran in a black and red sports bra.

Somehow, I wouldn't think that he comes cheap. Do you know how it works in NC for legal aid paying for experts?

I hear the Public defender office can request special funding for experts, something the state normally cannot do.
Advantage Brad Cooper.

Another thing regarding questionable police work is, Young requested a search warrant for NC's phone AFTER he had already wiped all the data from it.

A poster made a long list of compelling CE in this case.
Perhaps someone can repost it for sunshine?

When BC was notified that a female body had been found, he stated that Nancy always ran in a black and red sports bra.

The prosecution hasn't presented that, or I missed it. If I did, please let me know so I can go back and find it in the tapes.

As Cheyenne mentioned, we've already seen him during this trial.

Yeah I know, in fact I initially thought it was Cummings from the back ofhis head..BUT I dont know, has his background and CV been put out there yet?
Dont recall, but then I do have Sometimers Disease..Dont ya know:floorlaugh:

Didregard my question.....I just found the link that Cheyenne posted..Me abit slow on Sunday's..LOL

Another thing regarding questionable police work is, Young requested a search warrant for NC's phone AFTER he had already wiped all the data from it.

That is because a "Forensic Examination" was required by the Tech experts, and it is required for FBI to go ahead and do that... For just viewing onscreen things does NOT require a SW, only having it in possession, and it had been given to them by Brad. Nothing nefarious about that SS:waitasec:

The Rentzes were at a funeral in Canada on July 12, 2008, when he heard his daughter was missing.

"I said to Donna that this was a story that was not going to have a happy ending," said Rentz, a former social worker. "Nancy, I knew very well, would not be away from her kids that length of time."

And why would that statement to be incriminating? If he knew that, then he would have naturally said it just to help them see if the body was NC. Now if she never ran with that, then it would be different.

And why would that statement to be incriminating? If he knew that, then he would have naturally said it just to help them see if the body was NC. Now if she never ran with that, then it would be different.

She had many different colors of sports bras. According to Brad's statement, he never saw her in anything that morning but a white t-shirt that she slept in. He made the statement about a very specific color of sports bra after being told only that a female body had been found. Yes, I do think the fact that he described the only article of clothing found on Nancy's body is very incriminating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webberry