April 8th wknd of Sleuthing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol i just made 40 bazillion posts, so i guess i am finished talking :)

once again - i really enjoy reading all of ya'll's posts here and appreciate those who post snippits of the testimony - i am not able to listen to the trial, so depend on you guys, a couple of other message boards and the news websites to feed my obsession - so, thanks again!

Hi news247! I'm now done - and blatantly stealing your post as you said it so well.

Signing out till later

:seeya:

Polk

Hi again, cody. Didn't Brad, when NC's body was discovered, immediately state something along the lines of "Nancy didn't run there...?". IMO, he distanced Nancy from that scene.

Interestingly enough, it was that very comment made by BC, by the way and IMOO, that made me feel or wonder if the discovery-location was actually BC's intended ... final location. However, as JA was alarmed and called CPD so early on in the day, well within the 24hrs "official missing person" time, he was unable to return to that site and hide her elsewhere - if not rid NC from discovery forever? He was under the spotlight from noon July 12 and had no option but to stay put and keep his alibi going.

My thoughts run this way because he did such a magnificent job of completely hiding or destroying everything else (his clothes, VoIP card, her 2 odd shoes, etc). Maybe - just maybe - BC was all set to relocate NC under cover of dusk/evening ... and was foiled. Just an extended thought I'm putting out there.

Hey Annie. I think he did say that it was not her usual running area and at some point in some manner the comment came in about her usually running in that black and red sports bra. I think that it would be foolish and unwise for a murderer to return to the scene where the body was dumped to relocate it. The more times you are around that scene the more risky it is to be caught. There are some crimes where the suspect does stick around or goes back to the scene (arsonist love to watch the firest they start).

If BC did do NC in at home and he had planned it beforehand, I would have thought he would have out of respect not left her out with no clothing but the bra. Leaving a body as NC was left is more consistent with the suspect not knowing the victim at all. So, here is one of my questions regarding how she was left and who might be the killer. I realize that this is speculative, but it should be good for a large number of rebuttals here. And, finally, if BC did kill NC and it were pre-meditated, then he would have planned everything more carefully. Hence this might have been in the heat of passion or argument not premeditated.

My thoughts exactly on his comments. Taken out of context, it could be interpretted as odd, but in with her comments, it might not be.

I need to exactly hear this conversation to interpret the significance of the comment about the bra.

His response to that was just odd --

All they said was that a body had been found. "a body" --

Did he ask, "Where? Was It Nancy?" -- No he did not.

Did he ask, "Could it be my wife?" -- No, he did not.

Odd. Don't you thing the LEO's would think that a bit odd?

Has the actual conversation ever been published?

well - i do have one more comment/question :)

one of the posters here - i cannot remember who it was, sorry (!) brought up
the differences in MM's statements in the custody hearings for NC's side vs BC's side, so i went back and read them - TOTAL turn around - i found it hard to believe that the same person made both statements!

for NC: http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2008/07/23/3258895/1216912148-Plaintiff_affidavits2.pdf
(also interesting is his wife's (CM) depo)

for BC:

http://www.wral.com/asset/news/loca...davits_from_Brad_Cooper's_family,_friends.pdf

I believe Sunshine commented on this recently, and it's true. The "facts" of MM's testimony is the same (i.e. went to the beach, BC was supposed to come but couldn't make it, etc), but the hatred of BC is apparent in one and not the other. One is biased and one is not.

I believe Sunshine commented on this recently, and it's true. The "facts" of MM's testimony is the same (i.e. went to the beach, BC was supposed to come but couldn't make it, etc), but the hatred of BC is apparent in one and not the other. One is biased and one is not.

I agree. I think this is a red flag. Who says bad things one day and then great things the next. Very bizarre.

I need to exactly hear this conversation to interpret the significance of the comment about the bra.

I agree Brown Rice. I would love to know what the entire conversation was or if this was taken out of context.

well - i do have one more comment/question :)

one of the posters here - i cannot remember who it was, sorry (!) brought up
the differences in MM's statements in the custody hearings for NC's side vs BC's side, so i went back and read them - TOTAL turn around - i found it hard to believe that the same person made both statements!

for NC: http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2008/07/23/3258895/1216912148-Plaintiff_affidavits2.pdf
(also interesting is his wife's (CM) depo)

for BC:

http://www.wral.com/asset/news/loca...davits_from_Brad_Cooper's_family,_friends.pdf

Yes, isn't that strange!

I agree. I think this is a red flag. Who says bad things one day and then great things the next. Very bizarre.

Maybe somebody who wants to give a hint that somebody should be taking a closer look at what was going on.

Two more thoughts I have had.

1. Did anybody notice that in their affidavits both HP and TH said they witnessed the preschool drop off incident. Was that included in their testimony?

ETA: Their details of the event do not match the details of the woman who testified about it in court.

2. I think CD wore that t-shirt to thumb his nose at BC since BC did not like his son feeling he played too rough and the son also broke the oldest child's nose.

These affidavits are so interesting to read.

DD said in hers that when the water was turned of in April BC was not living in the house.

You must have missed the part where I said this was not going to be for money. It was a swap. Painting in exchange for organizing.

The reason: I think JA knew that NC was meeting someone that morning and she initially was covering for her.

But, you think she kept quiet about it all this time, with NC turning up dead, and she is ok with someone getting away with this just to get back at BC?

And one other thing I've wanted to get off my chest:

Just because you "lawyer up" doesn't mean you still can't cooperate with the police in their investigation. Take your attorney with you and march down to the police station and say, "how can I help with this investigation. apparently we need to move this investigation from solely on me (if you think that's the case) and onto a different " Your attorney will assist you in what questions to answer or not answer. Hiring an attorney to look out for your best interests is one thing... but still refusing to answer questions or give information or sit for an interview is quite another.

icon14.gif
Excellent -- that's what (at that time) BC was paying them to do -- to look after him, and that cooperation and BC's wanting them to "do something" would have looked good to the LEO's, NC's friends, and the public.

there is a copy of the email from NC's atty (alice) that was forwarded to brad by nancy back in april, '08 w/the initial separation agreement:

http://www.wral.com/asset/news/loca...E-mail_to_Cooper_with_separatin_agreement.pdf

it just confuses me when ppl say that brad had to be 'stealing' if you will, nancy's email - of course he knew about the agreement contents - even nancy was telling her friends that then is when he decided to not let her leave b/c he didn't want to pay the money.

i believe she forwarded the agreement and email to him, exactly as shown in the exhibit.

maybe i am just misunderstanding some of the posts.
Did they show that NC forwarded this, or did BC sent it to himself from her email. Even if she sent this to him, I believe they did show that he was forwarding all of her emails to his account. No?

He said he "didn't hang out" with Brad.
Brad was a techie and could help with his TV and such.
Sounds like he knew him from afar.

I am told these type affidavits are very common in divorce cases.
The whole point was child custody, not if Brad was a killer.

But....whose side was he on, we ask?

Just catching up from this weekend.
But - if you expect someone to be at your house to paint at 8am would you really just hop out of bed at that time? Wouldn't you have the courtesy to get up before s/he was to arrive rather than roll out of bed when the doorbell was supposed to ring.
I agree that JA seems a bit flakey

If she was flaky -- and I didn't see it, really, could the flakiness be because one of her good friends had been murdered? She was there one day, and gone the next -- marriage problems -- no money -- far away from her family -- having to live in the same house with him -- I'm sure JA felt almost as powerless and NC did...But that's JMOO.

there is a copy of the email from NC's atty (alice) that was forwarded to brad by nancy back in april, '08 w/the initial separation agreement:

http://www.wral.com/asset/news/loca...E-mail_to_Cooper_with_separatin_agreement.pdf

it just confuses me when ppl say that brad had to be 'stealing' if you will, nancy's email - of course he knew about the agreement contents - even nancy was telling her friends that then is when he decided to not let her leave b/c he didn't want to pay the money.

i believe she forwarded the agreement and email to him, exactly as shown in the exhibit.

maybe i am just misunderstanding some of the posts.

the computer guy has not been on yet , but I believe he will show proof that Brad was intercepting Nancy's email account..that is why her lawyer was put on already to build foundation for her email account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Littlebit62