GUILTY AR - Anne Pressly, 26, raped & murdered, Little Rock, 20 Oct 2008 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
i can tell you from persoanl experience that you dont remeber much, thankfully.

this has made me physically ill. I dont know if i am more angry or sick with sadness.

You know in many crimes like this God does allow a person to not know what is going on somehow... I had something happen to me back in 1991 anyway, I was mercifully unconcious so I did not fully know what was happening. A friend came by to visit and saved me from any worse harm. I am not local to Little Rock, just have been there a couple of times when my fiance was alive and living there. Pretty area. the whole state of Arkansas is beautiful

You know I would say that maybe the newspaper being delivered scared the attacker or attackers off? just a thought.

You know I would say that maybe the newspaper being delivered scared the attacker or attackers off? just a thought.

maybe/perhaps.

i mean I cannot fathom that whomever did this to her would have left her knowing she was alive unless they were scared off.

I hate to say it but I assume he figured she was dead. She probably seemed dead. From what I think I know now, she could have been permanantly incapacitated from the attack anyway.

yeah, same thing i was thinking, something had to have scared them if they knew she was still alive the stroke may have been part of them thinking that she was dead, but i also think something had to have scared the person or people off. You kind of wonder how long this brutality lasted, it was horrible. One person can't believe how someone can do something like this to another person.

Her mother could have been the one who scared him off. When he heard her drive up, he could have quietly let himself out the back door and waited until she entered the house to leave the yard.

This could have been done by a neighbor who was on foot. It could have been someone she knew who stopped by late after the party she attended (could have even been someone who was at the party), she let him in and found out what his motives were after he'd been there for awhile. He could have ordered her to unclothe and get into bed after she refused his advances and he then went into a total rage, found a hammer and a knife and tore into her.

I think the person was on foot. No one in the neighborhood saw or heard a car that I've read about. If we knew the actual time of death (previous night or that morning) it might give us a clue. If it was a neighbor, it would have to have been someone single or whose wife was out of town or who quietly slipped out of the house while his family was asleep and got back in before they awakened. I think the reason the backdoor was not locked was because that is where the killer exited even though he may have been let in through the front door. However, with the credit card used for gas, he could have left his car a few blocks from the house and walked there. It gives me the chills just thinking about it.

If a person was going to choose a park around Little Rock to ditch a purse in wouldn't a larger park like Burns Park be more along the line? you know I was thinking..... with all the technology now could they not go back to the night of the attack and look at ariel

Not if they wanted someone to find it and use the credit card(s). If it wasn't a robbery and they tried to make it look like one then they threw the purse out where it would be found...MacArthur Park would be the perfect place. I'm the one that posted the rumor that they threw the purse in that park and the person who used the card may not be the attacker.

Just adding up what is known...she had DNA under her nails. This would mean the person who attacked her was scratched. I cannot imagine they weren't covered in blood and scratched a lot. I seriously doubt whoever beat her up drove to a gas station and bought gas....it's possible, but I think that may be why the videos at the station weren't used. The clerk said there were 9 cameras, I think...and no photo came out to at least warn the women of LR what kind of car it was???

Really? I didn't know there was a new anchor - I went to the website and didn't see anything about it. Do you have any links or more info?

Hello findthem: Here is a link to the newscast. Maybe the anchor isn't new, Kristen Fisher, I dont recall seeing her before, but now that I see the name, it sounds familiar. Her segment is a new addition to the regular line up . I see a link for livestream, maybe I"ll check it out. I'll be viewing the news, now, through eyes looking for subtle hints. One more thing, I cannot see anyones bio on the bio page. It's blank. It's been blank since this happened, but not surprisingly
http://www.katv.com/news/local.html

Her mother could have been the one who scared him off. When he heard her drive up, he could have quietly let himself out the back door and waited until she entered the house to leave the yard.

This could have been done by a neighbor who was on foot. It could have been someone she knew who stopped by late after the party she attended (could have even been someone who was at the party), she let him in and found out what his motives were after he'd been there for awhile. He could have ordered her to unclothe and get into bed after she refused his advances and he then went into a total rage, found a hammer and a knife and tore into her.

I think the person was on foot. No one in the neighborhood saw or heard a car that I've read about. If we knew the actual time of death (previous night or that morning) it might give us a clue. If it was a neighbor, it would have to have been someone single or whose wife was out of town or who quietly slipped out of the house while his family was asleep and got back in before the awakened. I think the reason the backdoor was not locked was because that is where the killer exited although he may have been let in through the front door. Although with the credit card used for gas, he could have left his car a few blocks from the house and walked there. It gives me the chills just thinking about it.

I've thought since the beginning that her phone ringing scared them off. But we don't know what time they were there.

Somebody out there knows or suspects the person who did this. He had to have scratch marks...unless she didn't get the persons face they would be obvious to someone. This person who knows may be afraid to report them though.

All the bios were there today, including Annes

Did you click on the pictures Carla Lashelle? I see their pics but I get a blank screen when I click, whereas I used to get a "personality" type page for each anchor. I wanted to see where one of the anchors were from.

I've thought since the beginning that her phone ringing scared them off. But we don't know what time they were there.

Somebody out there knows or suspects the person who did this. He had to have scratch marks...unless she didn't get the persons face they would be obvious to someone. This person who knows may be afraid to report them though.

Yes, the phone ringing could have definitely scared them off. If it was someone fixated on her, they probably knew her schedule at the station.

I think the person was on foot. No one in the neighborhood saw or heard a car that I've read about. If we knew the actual time of death (previous night or that morning) it might give us a clue. If it was a neighbor, it would have to have been someone single or whose wife was out of town or who quietly slipped out of the house while his family was asleep and got back in before the awakened. I think the reason the backdoor was not locked was because that is where the killer exited although he may have been let in through the front door. Although with the credit card used for gas, he could have left his car a few blocks from the house and walked there. It gives me the chills just thinking about it.

Anne died at the hospital. This makes it even harder to establish a timeline of the crime. We do not have a liver temp. to determine when death occurred which would help determine the timeleine of the crime. I wonder if the paper carrier saw or heard anything? That is someone LE will have questioned. How far is MacArthur Park from Anne's home?

Anne died at the hospital. This makes it even harder to establish a timeline of the crime. We do not have a liver temp. to determine when death occurred which would help determine the timeleine of the crime. I wonder if the paper carrier saw or heard anything? That is someone LE will have questioned. How far is MacArthur Park from Anne's home?

About 5 miles according to MapQuest...and 10 minutes which is what I estimated several posts ago.

Whoops, you're right. I knew that, but it had slipped my mind. The beating was so brutal, I keep thinking she died at home.

I know this will be a shocking question, but if the killer was black, do you think the cutting of the genitalia could have been some sort of ritualistic thing some tribes in other countries do? If so, could it have been someone from one of those countries? In some countries FGC (female genitalia cutting) is done on the women.

Did you click on the pictures Carla Lashelle? I see their pics but I get a blank screen when I click, whereas I used to get a "personality" type page for each anchor. I wanted to see where one of the anchors were from.

Yes there was a whole page of anchor pictures and I looked at her profile.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melmar76
Back