GUILTY AR - Anne Pressly, 26, raped & murdered, Little Rock, 20 Oct 2008 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=6270046&page=1

I was just posting the same video link. still, her mom said they just identified another item missing. something they had bought together aparently that Sunday (the reporter screwed up the time line saying she was beaten to death in her home Sunday rather than her sad passing a few days later).

That video is a bit telling of a few things.

The house was immaculate nothing was distrubed - would mean to me there was no struggle outside of the bedroom.

The gate was closed but not latched - the perp left in a rush out the back gate.

The front porch light was on. For me this might not be strange since I am famous for forgetting to turn my lights off but Anne's mother thought it was strange so perhaps she knew Anne would not have left it on.

We know from earlier that the dogs were found outside wandering.

So as many have speculated, I also beleive that Anne was overtaken either while taking the dogs out or coming back in after walking to dogs. That the perp was lying in wait for her. If her last recorded phone call was around 10:30pm I assume the next thing she did was walk the dogs before heading to bed.

I watched the GMA video this morning too.

I thought it was interesting that the police department takes the stand that this was a random act.

Her mother and stepfather seem to feel completely different. The stepfather says in the GMA video that "to have something so violent done to someone would lead you to believe that there may be more to it than simple burglary".:clap:

Still praying for justice in this horrific case.

I'm still not convinced that even your 'garden variety' stalker (if there is such a thing) necessarily practices the sadistic genitalia mutilation, ritualistic cutting, disfiguring of face, etc we've been hearing about (?) So if those reports are true, I have to stick w my deranged on drugs 'thrill killing' theory... JMO

In my opinion, if it was someone on drugs they would have stolen everything they could have to pawn for drugs. They certainly would not have used that credit card one time only and for gas at that.

I say stalker or serial killer who was scared off by paper delivery or wakeup call before he could finish the job. I say the missing item is the bracelet that has been discussed.

After seeing the video, I have questions. I don't think it is unusual for her to leave on her front porch light as everyone in my neighborhood keeps one on for added security. The gate being unlatched does indicate someone either going in or out since she would not leave it this way because of the dogs . The newspaper being there is interesting. (I would like to know what time it was delivered and I would assume they interviewed the carrier.)

She didn't mention it, but were any lights on in the house when she entered (or did I miss it)?

With such a bloody scene as a bludgeoning, it is amazing to me that they can access that room with cameras now. I see many pieces of furniture still present which surprises me, too. Who did the clean up? Did the room have to be repainted?

I was also very surprised at how calm her parents were to be in the home and reliving the experience. (Not saying anything against Anne's parents here...just they must still be in a considerable amount of shock.)

SS -

I too was shocked that the bedroom was so clean. I did read somewhere that it was a rental property. I would assume that once given the OK the owners had a bio cleanup service come in and restore it, which yes may have included painting the walls.

we are bad about our porch light. Im never sure if we are supposed to leave it on (security) or turn it off (save energy). It will burn all day and then one of us turns it off at night when we come home and find it on in the afternoon, etc.

I wonder if things happened more into Monday morning, perhaps when Anne got up for work, and maybe turned on the front light, let the dogs out the back, etc. Rather than Sunday after 10:30 PM.

Im not sure the newspaper has any meaning. The carriers here just throw it. and their aim is pretty good. the carrier wouldn't probably see anything from the street, driving by at night, even with a light possibly on. someone inside could hear a newspaper on the porch. i used to hear it hit outside my apartment door. It was early, but i forget the time. maybe 5 AM? It woudl wake me up. If you were in a larger house you might not hear it if you wer ein the back bedroom, and preoccupied with something.

Is that gate the only access into the back yard? It could be opened by someone entering, or also leaving. They could have entered that way and left over a fence? I dont know if someone who would have obviously been bloodied, would walk out into the front yard and either get into a car or walk down the street to a car?

What time does the sun come up in Arkansas now? Im in Florida and wake up at 6 and its already quite light out.

here's a thought. if they used the CC at a gas station then we know they had a car..... (assumming it was the perp that used the cc) so where did he leave the car when the attack took place?

If it was someone known to Anne, you assume it was in her driveway. He comes over for a visit, things go bad, he kills her in a rage and leaves. Paper carrier MIGHT be able to remember a car in the driveway.

If he was a stalker and unknow to Anne, we can assume the car was parked on the street or in a lot nearby and he came/went on foot.

In regards to the Channel 7 reporter and a highlight reel with "somebody's watching me" lyrics...not creepy at all if you follow the station.

Kristin Fisher is doing a month-long special "Choose Your News" segment. Viewers vote on which story she'll cover, and you can watch her via webcam all day as she does the interviews, writes the story, etc. Miss Fisher also keeps a blog, Twitters, and corresponds with viewers who send ideas/questions/suggestions. It is an attempt to get those who are tech-savvy to watch the evening news.

Maybe a better song could have been chosen, but if you have followed this reporter and her segments, it was completely appropriate.

In my opinion, if it was someone on drugs they would have stolen everything they could have to pawn for drugs. They certainly would not have used that credit card one time only and for gas at that.

Very true. Lots of killers cut, disfigure faces, etc.

here's a thought. if they used the CC at a gas station then we know they had a car..... (assumming it was the perp that used the cc) so where did he leave the car when the attack took place?

If it was someone known to Anne, you assume it was in her driveway. He comes over for a visit, things go bad, he kills her in a rage and leaves. Paper carrier MIGHT be able to remember a car in the driveway.

If he was a stalker and unknow to Anne, we can assume the car was parked on the street or in a lot nearby and he came/went on foot.
Which means the newspaper carrier still could have seen it.

It was good that Patti and Guy went through the house with the LE otherwise they may not have known about the missing item. Maybe the perp pawned it someplace and that will provide a lead which would be nice. I think it is soo strange that the rest of the house was in great condition, i would think that a perp would make a mess just to throw people off. But who knows... JMO

In regards to the Channel 7 reporter and a highlight reel with "somebody's watching me" lyrics...not creepy at all if you follow the station.

Kristin Fisher is doing a month-long special "Choose Your News" segment. Viewers vote on which story she'll cover, and you can watch her via webcam all day as she does the interviews, writes the story, etc. Miss Fisher also keeps a blog, Twitters, and corresponds with viewers who send ideas/questions/suggestions. It is an attempt to get those who are tech-savvy to watch the evening news.

Maybe a better song could have been chosen, but if you have followed this reporter and her segments, it was completely appropriate.

My bolding-
The timing was completely off. jmo

This was far from your everyday street junkie just trying to steal enough to support a crack habit, for sure. As I said, it was sadistic enough to be a thrill killing--the primary purpose--and may or may not have involved drugs. We really don't know for certain whether person using her card at gas station was the same person who murdered Anne. JMO

I'm still not convinced that even your 'garden variety' stalker (if there is such a thing) necessarily practices the sadistic genitalia mutilation, ritualistic cutting, disfiguring of face, etc we've been hearing about (?) So if those reports are true, I have to stick w my deranged on drugs 'thrill killing' theory... JMO

Unless it is someone from a foreign country where FGC is practiced.

QUOTE=Carla Lashelle;2953784]Yellow, I know it will kill me in the end. So its still murder either way.

Maybe thats why the Anne P. case haunts me so much. I just feel an attachment or bond. it haunts me and hurts me MORE than my own stuff.[/QUOTE]

Writing a book about it might be very therapeutic for you. Have you ever thought about doing that?

That video is a bit telling of a few things.

The house was immaculate nothing was distrubed - would mean to me there was no struggle outside of the bedroom.

The gate was closed but not latched - the perp left in a rush out the back gate.

The front porch light was on. For me this might not be strange since I am famous for forgetting to turn my lights off but Anne's mother thought it was strange so perhaps she knew Anne would not have left it on.

We know from earlier that the dogs were found outside wandering.

So as many have speculated, I also beleive that Anne was overtaken either while taking the dogs out or coming back in after walking to dogs. That the perp was lying in wait for her. If her last recorded phone call was around 10:30pm I assume the next thing she did was walk the dogs before heading to bed.

Or, could she have turned the porch light on to let someone she knew in?

Has it ever been confirmed that there was genital mutilation or that her face was disfigured by anything other than blunt force trauma?

Or, could she have turned the porch light on to let someone she knew in?

YellowDog,
I got goosebumps too when I heard the Mother say it was unusual for the porch light to be on. The other thing that struck me was the fact the house on that morning she found Anne was in perfect order, not a thing out of place. There was no sign of forced entry right? But if the perp came in while she let the dogs out, wouldn't a struggle have ensued in that den area off her bedroom? She had a TON of magazines on that coffee table, if the perp and her got into it in the den, wouldn't they at least be out of place? Anne seemed like a strong girl, not a wimpy chick, one who would put up a good fight. Did all the struggle and attack happen only in her bedroom? Did the perp sneak in while she went out with the dogs and lie in wait in the bedroom? Has anyone seen what her mode of operation was with taking out her dogs, did she walk them on a leash, did they go out front or back, on their own? I cannot imagine the dogs didn't bark at all that night? I have two shih tzu's who never bark, but sometimes they will in the middle of the night while on my bed and I ALWAYS get up and turn the outside lights on and make sure everything is OK, of course, I have an alarm system with all the bells and whistles too. Did she do that and get surprised? The more I hear the more I lean to the fact that maybe she did know her perp(s), the dogs were familiar with the perp(s) and thus her guard was down and she let him/her/them in her house. Boy, if those dogs could talk, I bet they know a lot about that night.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daisy82504
Back