GUILTY AR - Anne Pressly, 26, raped & murdered, Little Rock, 20 Oct 2008 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vance was found at a house on 24th and Cross St.
http://wwwwbipicomlink.blogspot.com/2008/11/suspect-curtis-vance-arrested-in-anne.html

If you go to google maps and type "24th and cross street, little rock, ar", then switch to "street view", you can see the houses located around that intersection. Although I can't say which one exactly.

Don't know if this will help but the house was on local news, its kind of a dark green,and pretty elevated from the street.. and pretty small.

I am so out of the loop because I've never heard of him..

...gee.....I come here once in a while and the first rumor about AP hinted that she might have been a lesbian...

and then I read that she was definately a virgin....

and now, pregnant with a "famous" boxer.....

oh well....

she's in heaven now, so it doesn't matter, but I ache for her poor parents to have to live with all the rumors and innuendo......

God bless them....

"To Kill a Mockingbird" ....I watched that too....one of the greatest movies ever made....isn't it intriguing how we've watched these movies dozens of times, have the dvds, and yet we still will stop and watch it on tv again and again and again....like Shawshank, Godfather, Jaws, etc.....there are some movies that you just have to stop and watch on the tv instead of pulling out the dvd....my theory is that when we watch a tv broadcast, its like watching it with millions of others.....its a community all seeing and hearing the same thing, and that is comforting these days

but TKaMB has little semblance to todays society....IMO of course, but the pendulum of justice has swung way, way, way too far towards the criminal, and away from common sense, and the victims...

I have never heard of Jermaine Taylor either

If I remember the local news correctly from the night of the arrest, they found Vance’s car first and then found him shortly after a few blocks away. I understood that he was staying with friends and his girlfriend and her children were not with him. I do not believe he thought of himself as a murder suspect with a warrant out for his arrest in Pulaski County because he was arrested within walking distance of the county jail, where he is likely residing currently at 3201 W. Roosevelt Rd.

If I remember the local news correctly from the night of the arrest, they found Vance’s car first and then found him shortly after a few blocks away. I understood that he was staying with friends and his girlfriend and her children were not with him. I do not believe he thought of himself as a murder suspect with a warrant out for his arrest in Pulaski County because he was arrested within walking distance of the county jail, where he is likely residing currently at 3201 W. Roosevelt Rd.

Bolding is mine. LOL. Why would he not think he was a suspect for murder? LE had taken a DNA sample. He must have literally thought he was "getting away w/ murder" to not have believed he was being looked at w/ suspicion. He must have thought he had cleaned up the crime scene to not have left any finger prints &/or DNA. He sounds like he has a big ego. As always, this is jmo.

Bolding is mine. LOL. Why would he not think he was a suspect for murder? LE had taken a DNA sample. He must have literally thought he was "getting away w/ murder" to not have believed he was being looked at w/ suspicion. He must have thought he had cleaned up the crime scene to not have left any finger prints &/or DNA. He sounds like he has a big ego. As always, this is jmo.

I can't figure this out either- Im sure he kept up with the case by watching the news (maybe).... LE repeatedly stated they had forensics/evidence on this guy... they just needed a name... does he not know what DNA is? It baffles me.

The only thing I can think of is that LE (probably Marianna) did not let him know exactly what his DNA was being tested for... they could've said, "we had a robbery last night and we just want to eliminate you"

He may've not had a clue what he was a probable suspect for.... that would kinda explain his return to Little Rock.... and he was NOT armed like LE earlier suspected.

I have been told that it sometimes takes longer than people realize to get test results from DNA samples. Maybe a few days or even weeks passed after he gave the sample and he felt like he was all clear.

I have been told that it sometimes takes longer than people realize to get test results from DNA samples. Maybe a few days or even weeks passed after he gave the sample and he felt like he was all clear.

Little Rock LE provided a timeline to local media:
They visited with Marianna police once the DNA results came back showing a match between Anne's case and the April rape in Marianna. This was on Monday.

On Tuesday, Vance was brought in for DNA testing (he submitted voluntarily)

Vance's results came back on Wednesday, as a match to both cases.
Wednesday night at 10pm, Chief Thomas of LRPD held a press conference announcing Vance as the suspect and between 11pm and 12am, he was apprehended. LE can get a very quick turnaround on DNA when they absolutely need it.

All of this occurred within the same week (thanksgiving week).

Its not uncommon for people to voluntarily submit for a DNA swab. Im sure he thought something was up hence his change of residence. He doesn't necessarily seem like the smartest tool in the shed eihter.

I wonder if after a month he still had any marks on his body from Anne biting or scratching him.

Its not uncommon for people to voluntarily submit for a DNA swab. Im sure he thought something was up hence his change of residence. He doesn't necessarily seem like the smartest tool in the shed eihter.

I wonder if after a month he still had any marks on his body from Anne biting or scratching him.

Maybe..... he has always spent a lot of time in Little Rock (per friends in Marianna).

Me too- Im hoping he at least has some residual marks that would fit bite/scratch mark descriptions.

Anne's mother stated that the lights were on in the house when she arrived. Could this creep have entered her house before Anne got home that night and was lying in wait until she crawled into bed? Could the murder have happened that night instead of early the next morning? I'm thinking he was already in there when she got home, hid while she did her email, let the dogs out, got ready for bed, etc., etc. It would be much easier for him to gain entrance when no one was home without attracting attention.

Anne's mother stated that the lights were on in the house when she arrived. Could this creep have entered her house before Anne got home that night and was lying in wait until she crawled into bed? Could the murder have happened that night instead of early the next morning? I'm thinking he was already in there when she got home, hid while she did her email, let the dogs out, got ready for bed, etc., etc. It would be much easier for him to gain entrance when no one was home without attracting attention.

I don't know if the lights mean he was there first. Like if Anne came home and the lights were on... she would have noticed that. I would think she would have turned them off when she went to bed if she were there alone.

Her dogs would have noticed someone was hiding in the house. I have never found out if the dogs had free access to the back yard via a pet door or if they had to be let out, or if she walked them on a leash out front. If the dogs were friendly, and had access to the back yard, it would be easy to let them out of the side gate and go into the back yard.

Since details of the attack are sketchy, it is hard to say what actually happened. Anne could have been awake in the morning and taken back into the bedroom and was assaulted in/on the bed. Vance surprised one woman when she was coming out of the shower and saw her... If she was up for work she could have been confronted without a big struggle. He coudl have also struck her and incapacitated her at least initially. That is sort of the situation with my sister and I. She was struck first and then assaulted second. I wasn't aware of what had happened as I was asleep but she was awake.

Somehow I have always thought the attack took place closer to early morning versus 10 PM. It would be handy to know, say, if Anne had showered (implying she was up), was wearing sleep clothes, etc.

I don't turn the lights on all over the house when I get up in the morning. I also think a burglar would not want to call attention by turning all of the lights on.......that's why I think they were already on. I thought I read somewhere there was a doggie door and, like you say, he could have let them out the gate. We don't know how long he may have tortured and tormented her before the actual attack. I've always thought the phone call from her step-father may have been what scared him away from the scene but I think he may have been there for quite awhile before the phone rang. He may have had a gun or knife held on her for several hours before the murder. For many perverts, the torture gives them a thrill and makes them feel even more in control.

I leave lights on for my dog especially if I am going to be out in the evening (he doesn't like the dark!). I even leave a couple on all night inside the house. Her lights being on wouldn't surprise me, but her mom should know if this was her norm or not.

I'll have to think about the lights. If Anne had been home and was awake and not in bed, I can see some of the lights being on. If she was asleep then no. But if she had gotten up in the morning (I would think she woudl get up 3:30 +/- then it would be dark and she would turn some lights on. Possibly lights on would attract someone like Vance too. vance could have turned on a light to look for a quick grab item too.

Without a lot of real details to go on, Im not sure how long the actual assault took place. If it took place more towards morning, it could be less time than if it was closer to 10 PM. Somehow I feel like it was more towards morning. But its hard to say. I guess you could take the time her card was used at the gas station and back it up a little to assume that is when the suspect left her house. Has the actual time the card was used been said. I only remember things like "20 mins after he left the house the card was used...". But nothing like "the card was used at 4:47 AM" etc. i could have missed or forgotten that.

Somewhere in an earlier article (shortly after Vance's arrest) the police speculated that Anne had actually interrupted a burglary.

This would explain the lights being on. Anne comes home around 930pm, enters the house, starts turning lights on, comes upon Vance and the crime escalates from there.

We have reason to believe that Vance had a history with burglarizing (and one known rape). So perhaps his initial motive was simply to burgal (sp) and as I said it got out of hand once Anne came home.

The part that throws me off is that Anne's credit card was used at the gas station around 4am-5am. I think this is what makes us think the crime happened in the middle of the night. however, we now know that Vance has friends/family in Little Rock. My guess is that after the attack Vance was pretty bloddied up himself. It would not be out of the question that he went from Anne's home to someone's home in LR that he knows to clean up, party etc. And then upon his return to Marianna stopped at the gas station to fill up.

Somewhere in an earlier article (shortly after Vance's arrest) the police speculated that Anne had actually interrupted a burglary.

This would explain the lights being on. Anne comes home around 930pm, enters the house, starts turning lights on, comes upon Vance and the crime escalates from there.

We have reason to believe that Vance had a history with burglarizing (and one known rape). So perhaps his initial motive was simply to burgal (sp) and as I said it got out of hand once Anne came home.

The part that throws me off is that Anne's credit card was used at the gas station around 4am-5am. I think this is what makes us think the crime happened in the middle of the night. however, we now know that Vance has friends/family in Little Rock. My guess is that after the attack Vance was pretty bloddied up himself. It would not be out of the question that he went from Anne's home to someone's home in LR that he knows to clean up, party etc. And then upon his return to Marianna stopped at the gas station to fill up.

Chief Thomas of LRPD later cleared that up and suggested that she could've gotten up from bed and confronted Vance once she realized someone was in her house.... but we will know more info once the trial starts.

From how I've heard LE is putting everything together, they believe Vance entered the house when Anne was sleeping and he turned on the lights he needed to take her things before he left.

Anne emailed a friend around 10 or 10:30........can't remember which. With the woman that was raped from Marianna saying she saw him standing in a corner of the room when she came out of the bathroom, I'm thinking his MO may be to enter the houses while people are away and lie in wait.

YD - i email people from my blackberry often when I'm on the road (specifically driving my car) And as a reporter I'm sure Anne was very blackberry connected.

Not saying it's not possible that she emailed from home, but just suggesting it's not a given IMO.

But I can also see the other theory of Anne waking up to find him in the middle of the night. So who knows. :waitasec:

If Annes dogs were at home I cant see someone hiding in her house for time she was home until the time she was assaulted. We have cats and the cats would know someone was hiding in my closet.

Honestly more real details need to be known to figure out more of what really happened. There is probably more known that what has been relased. I would think for example, that finger prints would have been taken around the light switch plates to see who turned them on? And again, details of her house like had the shower been run, clothes she was wearing or not wearing, had her bed been slept in or was she actually attacked in it, as if asleep, etc. All we know is that she was in her bed which is a real vague statememnt

Anne emailed a friend around 10 or 10:30........can't remember which. With the woman that was raped from Marianna saying she saw him standing in a corner of the room when she came out of the bathroom, I'm thinking his MO may be to enter the houses while people are away and lie in wait.

But the woman in Marianna woke up around 5:30 am to get ready for work and she got out of the shower and went into the kitchen to get coffee and he was standing in her living room- Im convinced he came in either while she was sleeping or when she got in the shower - she also stated she was at home the previous night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member