GUILTY AR - Anne Pressly, 26, raped & murdered, Little Rock, 20 Oct 2008 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why repeat that horribly hurtful rumor........especially for your 1st post? In case you haven't noticed............this website discusses the FACTS in a case.........not the latest gossip going around town! This topic has already been brought up and assessed for what it is!! GOSSIP!! Anne was a reporter, she had relationships with a lot of people on some level!!

The popular rumor in AR is that Jermaine Taylor, the famous boxer, was having an affair with Anne. It is also rumored that she was pregnant with his child and his dna was at the scene. I think this is the rumor LE is refferring to. It seems that he may have at least had a relationship with Anne, on some level, but only a rumor and unlikely that he and/or his wife hired Vance.

IMO Anne's case went to the forefront of the DNA testing not just because it was a murder with no suspect. It was because she was pretty, popular and somewhat of a celebrity. If it had been a "regular" person, it might not have gone to the front so quickly. Particularly a poor victim. We've seen it more than once. Fortunately this loser is off the streets.

Why repeat that horribly hurtful rumor........especially for your 1st post? In case you haven't noticed............this website discusses the FACTS in a case.........not the latest gossip going around town! This topic has already been brought up and assessed for what it is!! GOSSIP!! Anne was a reporter, she had relationships with a lot of people on some level!!

Why do people insist on promulgating this garbage?

IMO Anne's case went to the forefront of the DNA testing not just because it was a murder with no suspect. It was because she was pretty, popular and somewhat of a celebrity. If it had been a "regular" person, it might not have gone to the front so quickly. Particularly a poor victim. We've seen it more than once. Fortunately this loser is off the streets.

Could be, on the other hand, if anyone deserves justice its Anne. I know from my own xperiences that who you are (or arent) can play a factor in how things are handled, and even who cares about you, or doesnt even know you are dead.

But, ultimately, hopefully a rapist, robber and murderer is off the streets. So even if the system isnt perfect, it does work somewhat well.

What I find frustrating now is that crimes like this could have been prevented if people did MORE ahead of time to help themselves out. This is NOT victim blaming. But the trainer at the gym in the Heights should have called the cops when she spotted Vance, not the home owners association. They seeminly had a neighborhood watch or something, but when Vance was prowling the neighborhood, no one called the cops or even told each other about him. But, sadly, After Anne's murder, people were like oh yeah he was that creepy guy hanging out here... And people like Anne and her neighbors didn't seem to bother to lock their doors. That is just dumb. You SHOULD be able to leave your house wide open and go about your business, BUT the reality is that its 2008 and pretty much where ever you live you have to be careful. If not from your own neighbors the people that look at your neighborhood as a target.

But sometimes rumors turn out to be true. The Anthony case has been full of rumors and innuendos.

It's interesting that you would use your first post to call someone down on their first post. Uncalled for in my opinion.

I don't see why this rumour is so horribly hurtful. It would be very sad if Anne was pregnant for obvious reasons. I think there have been way more hurtful rumours floating around than suggesting Anne was pregnant. She was a 26 yr old woman, not a child.

That said, I don't really think it is true but like YellowDog pointed out a lot of times there is truth to the rumours. In cases like this speculation and suspicion are a part of uncovering the truth - LE included.

I should've explained myself better. My reasoning for calling somone down on my first post..............I've been following this thread from the very beginning. I've never been compelled to say anything until I see ExFed who is from a town outside Little Rock jump in and once again repeat this rumor. I live in Little Rock and have worked in the radio/television industry here for quite sometime. My children are also involved in many activities where we see the JT family quite often. I guess it's a little personal. Anne was a beautiful and precious person. The Taylor's have been very hurt by this gossip. YellowDog, you are right.............sometimes rumors do turn out to be true, but i do not believe this one.......even for a second!! Sorry if I over stepped my boundaries. It just seems that some people forget that these are real people who are very affected everytime the nonsense is repeated.

But sometimes rumors turn out to be true. The Anthony case has been full of rumors and innuendos.

It's interesting that you would use your first post to call someone down on their first post. Uncalled for in my opinion.

When there is NO evidence, motive, etc. Then rumors are worth investigating (often behind the scenes). On the other hand, at this late date, it is obvious that the JT rumor is probably just that... a rumor.

The more and more stuff that comes out about Vance implicates him in the murder without any lurid ideas about affairs, pregnancies, hits, etc. Vance cased the neighborhood, beat off watching women in the neighborhood, aparently raped another woman nearby, was a burglar, etc. All by himself.

I don't see why this rumour is so horribly hurtful. It would be very sad if Anne was pregnant for obvious reasons. I think there have been way more hurtful rumours floating around than suggesting Anne was pregnant. She was a 26 yr old woman, not a child.

That said, I don't really think it is true but like YellowDog pointed out a lot of times there is truth to the rumours. In cases like this speculation and suspicion are a part of uncovering the truth - LE included.

I agree with you gaia. If LE never investigated rumors to either confirm or dispell them, what would happen to some of these cases? I like to explore all possibilities when I'm looking at them.

I too brought up the JT and pregnancy rumor a few days back. I see no harm in discussing what's out there about this case or any other WS case. As many time local rumors do turn out to have some merit.

There must have been some sort of a relationship between Anne/JT even if it was strictly platonic for it to be out there. I'm sure there are plenty of other famous folks from LR that people could have "inserted' into this case...so why JT?

On the topix thread pertaining to Vance someone claims that Vance is JT's wife's cousin. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't - and even if he is it does not mean crap really - however I do not see why people cannot come here and discuss ALL aspects of this case.

I mean quite frankly this is a rape/murder case with a gag order on it. That in itself makes me wonder what they don't want discussed and why.

Again I see no harm in anyone coming here and respectfully discussing the few facts/rumors that we do know. We can certainly debate the fact/rumors like adults.

I too brought up the JT and pregnancy rumor a few days back. I see no harm in discussing what's out there about this case or any other WS case. As many time local rumors do turn out to have some merit.

There must have been some sort of a relationship between Anne/JT even if it was strictly platonic for it to be out there. I'm sure there are plenty of other famous folks from LR that people could have "inserted' into this case...so why JT?

On the topix thread pertaining to Vance someone claims that Vance is JT's wife's cousin. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't - and even if he is it does not mean crap really - however I do not see why people cannot come here and discuss ALL aspects of this case.

I mean quite frankly this is a rape/murder case with a gag order on it. That in itself makes me wonder what they don't want discussed and why.

Again I see no harm in anyone coming here and respectfully discussing the few facts/rumors that we do know. We can certainly debate the fact/rumors like adults.

AMEN. The rumors are all over the internet. And if Vance does turn out to be JT's wife's cousin, that will certainly put a new possibility on the case.

Could be, on the other hand, if anyone deserves justice its Anne. I know from my own xperiences that who you are (or arent) can play a factor in how things are handled, and even who cares about you, or doesnt even know you are dead.

But, ultimately, hopefully a rapist, robber and murderer is off the streets. So even if the system isnt perfect, it does work somewhat well.

What I find frustrating now is that crimes like this could have been prevented if people did MORE ahead of time to help themselves out. This is NOT victim blaming. But the trainer at the gym in the Heights should have called the cops when she spotted Vance, not the home owners association. They seeminly had a neighborhood watch or something, but when Vance was prowling the neighborhood, no one called the cops or even told each other about him. But, sadly, After Anne's murder, people were like oh yeah he was that creepy guy hanging out here... And people like Anne and her neighbors didn't seem to bother to lock their doors. That is just dumb. You SHOULD be able to leave your house wide open and go about your business, BUT the reality is that its 2008 and pretty much where ever you live you have to be careful. If not from your own neighbors the people that look at your neighborhood as a target.

I just wish all victims could get respect. If she had been a prostitute, poor, etc., I am 99.9 percent sure Vance would still be roaming the streets... Anne deserves justice and so do all these other victims!!

ITA, doors should be locked and the cops should have been called. You have to take precautions!! The good 'ole days are over. There are a lot of "if onlys" in this case.

Man did someone take my post the wrong way. I also have relationships with others on some level as does my grandmother and everyone else that I know. I was merely stating that this rumor is getting louder in the city that it occurred in. In my profession, I speak with a lot of people in a lot of different circles on a daily basis, including media and LE. With that much smoke, it could be that there is some fire somewhere. However, the volume on the rumor did not turn up until Vance was arrested. Maybe this is his story and defense in hopes that he is charged with solicitation rather than murder. It is my understanding that solicitation of murder has its own legal statute separate from the actual crime. It would also be tried in a federal court and the death penalty would not be an option.

Man did someone take my post the wrong way. I also have relationships with others on some level as does my grandmother and everyone else that I know. I was merely stating that this rumor is getting louder in the city that it occurred in. In my profession, I speak with a lot of people in a lot of different circles on a daily basis, including media and LE. With that much smoke, it could be that there is some fire somewhere. However, the volume on the rumor did not turn up until Vance was arrested. Maybe this is his story and defense in hopes that he is charged with solicitation rather than murder. It is my understanding that solicitation of murder has its own legal statute separate from the actual crime. It would also be tried in a federal court and the death penalty would not be an option.

Exfed~
The rumors and innuendos are running rampant w/ this crime. Please do not take offense to what some people said. I am thankful to have someone local who is willing to post and comment on this case. It also sounds like you have knowledge of the legal aspects of these situations. Could you please explain what "solicitation of murder" means? Thanks in advance for your help.

:)

Solicitation is a crime committed at the persuasion or request of another. The federal government states that solicitation of a felony is punishable by only half of the punishment given for the actual crime itself.

Solicitation is a crime committed at the persuasion or request of another. The federal government states that solicitation of a felony is punishable by only half of the punishment given for the actual crime itself.

Thank-you!

It has also been officially stated that LE does not expect any further arrests in this case.

It has also been officially stated that LE does not expect any further arrests in this case.

This has been one of the most bizarre crimes I've ever encountered. I am just spellbound by so many circumstances of this case.

and Carla, I keep wanting to believe the "no anticipation of future arrests" statement but this case is so extraordinary that we shouldn't be surprised if there are some significant twists and turns down the line.

This is what Im grateful for, and I could be wrong... but Vance seems like he was an up and coming psychotic serial rapist and killer- a very sadistic rapist/killer.... these are the worst kind of all- To think about this guy still out on the streets, plotting on people, escalating the level of violence.... oh my god.

He already admitted to LE, he had cased out other "nice" neighborhoods in Little Rock. It makes me dizzy to even think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
poohgirl2001w